PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of buying needles....

Julie
08-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Has anyone else noticed that jeff.wonderland (eBay) has disappeared? He's still a registered seller but he hasn't had any auctions up for a few weeks.

I just sold a bunch of stuff on eBay and was planning on using the $$ to stock up on $6.50 Addi Turbo needles! Do y'all think maybe he's on vacation? :??

kemp
08-09-2005, 09:03 AM
No clue! I did buy an addis from him once and I know he has been pretty popular with the prices he offers. Maybe you could email him and get the scoop if you are ready to buy.

blueslady
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone
I just bought the set of Boye circular needles on Ebay. The ones that have size starting at size 2. Got them for $36.00 incl. shipping. He said they were new. I was going to go to Michaels today with my 40% coupon but saw this. They were $10.00 cheaper. Will let you know when I receive them. Rebecca :)

kemp
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
YAY! Isn't getting new needles fun? Now just the waiting...

blueslady
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Yep
Waiting is not my thing lol. I just hope that they are not the ones that Silver said were defective, because I won't be able to send them back.

kemp
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
oh, if you mean the sticky ones, those were the Denise set, not the Boye.

blueslady
08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks then no worry :)

brendajos
08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
wonderland is back on ebay today i see....if anybody wants to go shoppin'! ;)

Julie
08-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Woooo hoooo! Thanks for the heads up!!! :cheering:

svetlana
08-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I could not find his site on ebay, do you have a link?

Julie
08-14-2005, 11:08 PM
This is his store... http://stores.ebay.com/Your-Wonderland

But it is empty! Brendajos? You sure it was him? :??

brendajos
08-14-2005, 11:15 PM
well heck i have about 6 sets of needles in my watch list from him but it looks like they have been removed ...well maybe not...i don't know all the links and stuff on his items are broken so maybe he had trouble posting them. anyway one of the items is 8211924828. Mebbe you can find him that way?

looks like the store listed in that listing is called My.BestShop?

brendajos
08-14-2005, 11:16 PM
it looks like he started a new listing maybe?

Julie
08-15-2005, 12:37 AM
You're right...new ID...how strange!

The store: http://stores.ebay.com/My-BestShop

Thanks brendajos!!

TinkerandCrab
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Glad I decided to browse this forum today! I just bought two Addis from the aforementioned Mr. Wonderland, and I know I saved from what I would have paid at my (lovely but overpriced) LYS.

Can't wait to start my Tempted...

--Catherine

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Interesting ... If I remember correctly, I read a thread elsewhere that claimed Skacel shut down another ebay seller who was was selling nicely priced Addis. Apparently that ebay seller wasn't authorized to sell Addis. Perhaps Mr. Wonderful had a run-in with Skacel? :thinking:

brendajos
08-16-2005, 02:40 PM
that is possible. i am a little worried ...have been stalking his auctions for a few days cuz that new listing makes me nervous. i decided to roll the dice and order two sets though. if this new listing is legit i will probably order more...unless of course he disappears...lol

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 02:46 PM
that is possible. i am a little worried ...have been stalking his auctions for a few days cuz that new listing makes me nervous. i decided to roll the dice and order two sets though. if this new listing is legit i will probably order more...unless of course he disappears...lol Disappears??? :oo: :shock:

brendajos
08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
lol...i wasn't talking about someone disappearing him...just that if his store disappears again i won't be able to buy more from him.

but yeah...i suppose if someone disappears him too then i won't be able to either. :rofling: :rofling:

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
:oops: :oops: :roflhard: Well gee ... I didn't mean to imply the Skacel would make him "swim with the fishes"... :roflhard:

GlenBoRTR
08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I bought my Addis too soon!! :XX: I really wish that I was a member here before I bought a decent set of Turbos. An e-bayer told me that she was going to give me a "deal of a lifetime" if I bought 8 or more pairs... SILLY ME!! I think that the final price was $8.00 for the smaller sizes and $12.00 for the larger ones... I guess when these wear out, I'll have to check out Mr Wonderland's sales...
BUT WAIT>..... Addis are guaranteed for life!!!! :doh:
Oh well... Let's have a pitty party for me! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Trust me, your Addis won't wear out. I don't mind paying for good needles because I know they will last me for as long as I'm willing to knit. ;) Which, of course, is until the Alzheimer's or the Stroke! ;)

KellyK
08-16-2005, 06:50 PM
they will last me for as long as I'm willing to knit. ;) Which, of course, is until the Alzheimer's or the Stroke! ;)

Dont you worry, Ingrid....with most Alzheimers victims, they can still do things that were always like second nature to them...it has to do with the place in the brain where that kind of memory is stored. Like they may not know the word "spoon" or what it's for any more, but if you put one in their hand and start a circular motion for them, they will continue stirring. I think knitting falls into that category for you. And, if you have a stroke, knitting will make GREAT rehabilitative therapy for ya! At least we know you'll be motivated!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Nice to know--I'll probably be buried with knitting in my hands! Hey, I'll have to have that put in my will. I hoping, though, for at least a couple of good decades ahead of me! :D