PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sticky Denises

kitkat
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Ok, maybe its because I have the front of this sweater going on Addi Turbo's, but I am working the back on my Denises...they are just a tad "sticky"....is there anything I can do to fix that? I am working with a smaller needle than I like on this project (size 7), and definitely wont give up on them without using other sides, but honest to Pete, they make my hands hurt!

KellyK
08-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Are your Denises brand new? Because if so, when you get going & some of your natural hand oils get on there, that problem should clear up. Mine are not sticky at all.

Silver
08-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Contact the company. I heard there was a bad batch of sticky needles, and they'll replace them for you.

KellyK
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
OOH! THAT's interesting! Silver, how do you hear about this stuff??

Silver
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I don't remember exactly where I heard it... might have been at knitters review. I can retain vast amounts miscellaneous info, but can't verify any of it. :roflhard:

rebecca
08-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Silver...I do the same thing :roflhard: :roflhard: ..........do you suppose it's anything to do with ink?! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

kemp
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll 3rd that and add to the ink theory.

rebecca
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: LOL, I was kidding....my memory has been like that since way before the 1st ink bit touched my skin...LOL But Silver nailed it, I can tell you many, many things, don't know where the info came from....but my :inlove: husband; he remembers everything since birth, and where the knowledge came from!

kemp
08-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Hate people like that! I can remember tons of useless and some actually useful information, but almost never can I tell you where I got it.

rebecca
08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm serious....I no longer try to remember, bc i can just ask Lonnie...lol; it's much easier...Me: 'Honey, when did I get that Phoenix yarn?'......Him: 'That would be when we went to Charleston for my bday, babe.'
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

foldedbird
08-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, maybe its because I have the front of this sweater going on Addi Turbo's, but I am working the back on my Denises...they are just a tad "sticky"....is there anything I can do to fix that? I am working with a smaller needle than I like on this project (size 7), and definitely wont give up on them without using other sides, but honest to Pete, they make my hands hurt!

I am NOT STICKY!!! I washed the brownie goo off my fingers hours ago.

~Denise

KellyK
08-09-2005, 07:00 PM
:rollseyes: EVERY time, Deni???

:roflhard:

foldedbird
08-09-2005, 08:09 PM
EVERY TIME!

kitkat
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
WHAT! Someone ate brownie dough without me?

My problem could definitely be operator error (knitting too tightly)....before I contact company will try a different size. I love the Addi Turbos but they are just way too expensive!

Rorshach
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
One thing you might try, is if you have some old candles, is rub the needle alongside the candle the wipe it off with a soft cloth, I've found that it works pretty well for sticky metal needles.

foldedbird
08-09-2005, 10:36 PM
WHAT! Someone ate brownie dough without me?!

Sorrrry!