PDA

View Full Version : What I'm knitting

carlaf
08-10-2005, 02:44 PM
After scrolling through all 35 pages, I decided to post. I couldn't help myself. Everything just looked great!

Im knitting a bolero. Ive finished the back and now Im working on the left sleeve. (see attached files) Wish me luck because this is my first sweater. Im never done seams, picked up stitches, or used circular needles. I guess there is no time like the present to learn.

CarlaF

KellyK
08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
THAT is VERY cute! And, WAY TO GO bring so brave and learning those new skills all at one time!! :cheering:

koolbreeze
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
you go! i did that! i picked a project to be my first project that prolly should have been for someone more experienced. forget beginner labels!!! woo hoo! :balloons:

kemp
08-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Good for you! You can get plenty of help here if you need it. That yarn looks snuggly!

rebecca
08-10-2005, 05:17 PM
:cheering: :cheering: WTG, carla...and welcome to KH ;)

carlaf
08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks everybody for the encouragement. I'm going to need it.

I'm working ona sleeve and I had to chart out the rows on grid paper. That was the only way I could make sense of the instructions.

I'm a little nervous about using the circular needles to make the body. I don't think I'll be knitting in the round because the body isn't a tube. I'm just not going to think about that. I'm just gonna finish my sleeves.

Carla

kemp
08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Knitting flat with circs is just like knitting w/ "regular" needles. Since you aren't joining the first and last stitches to make into a tube, you just knit to the end and turn your work just as you usually would.

carlaf
08-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Kemp-thanks for the clarification on knitting with circular needles.

I practiced circular knitting and my cast on was very loose :?? . I casted on directly unto the cirular needle. I think I'm going to try casting on a straight needle then slipping the stitches on the circular.

CarlaF

MaggieL
08-11-2005, 10:22 PM
It looks snuggly.

Ingrid
08-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Kemp-thanks for the clarification on knitting with circular needles.

I practiced circular knitting and my cast on was very loose :?? . I casted on directly unto the cirular needle. I think I'm going to try casting on a straight needle then slipping the stitches on the circular.

CarlaF

When you cast on the circular needles, the cast on stitches will look loose when they get to the cable, but they were formed on the needle part, so they're all right. There's no need to cast on straights and then slip them.