PDA

View Full Version : hope i haven't forgotten how to knit!

Jivewhistle
08-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I haven't knit anything in months!!! I've just been so busy, and stressed, and broke!!

I need to get back into this. I want to start doing scarves for the winter for myself (mostly) but also family members. I'm going through KK's post on scarves with all those links. I hope I haven't forgotten how to do things. I know I can still knit and purl...and cast on...and bind off. I'm going to Michaels this week for some fresh new yarn as soon as I pick out a scarf pattern. I'm also going to get a little tote bag at Target to carry my knitting around...would be very handy right now :D

I've missed you guys!! I'll try to hang out more, I promise. :D

KellyK
08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
HEY JIVE!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!

And, dont worry....it's like riding a bike! ;)

Jivewhistle
08-11-2005, 12:23 AM

You know what really ticks me off though? I started knitting when I quit smoking in January. In June, I started back up :( I feel like such a loser. I know I won't be able to quit succesffully until all this massive stress lessens a bit. But maybe knitting could help me at least smoke "less" right now.

Vendie
08-11-2005, 07:25 AM
yes, keep those hands busy and away from the smokes! You can do it!! :cheering: Welcome back :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
JIVE!!!!!!!!!

I missed you!!!!!!!!

STOP SMOKING AND START KNITTING!!!!!!! You can do it!!!! :-)

kitkat
08-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Plus you can make your labby a nice sweater!!!! (LOL, wouldnt she just love that!!!!)....

Jivewhistle
08-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh I know!! I'd really love to make her a sweater...but I think I'll make her her very own blanket to sleep on.

kitkat
08-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Better make sure the little stinker is past the chewy stage! Cooper considers all of our quilts "his"....he loves to make a nest in them :happydance:

Jivewhistle
08-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Oh yes...she doesn't chew on anything except her crate when we throw her in there. :rollseyes: I'm going to start looking for a pattern thats easy and will wash well. Maybe that big blocks afghan.

ekgheiy
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
HOWDIE! Long time no ... *see* ... ;) I'm with FiberGirl ... YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YES, YES, YOU CAN ...

*ekgheiy bounces about the room chanting...*

YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YES, YES, YOU CAN ... :happydance: