PDA

View Full Version : OT Commercials I love

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Wendy's "Ranch Tooth" commercial (just the part where they're at the poker table and he's going ranch ranch ranch ranch). I *hate* ranch flavored anything-- a good friend from college who is from sri lanka "discovered" ranch at my school, and she put it on/in EVERYTHING, i.e. eggs, applesauce, salsa, random sandwiches, pickles, ew. It was a ranchfest at every meal, bleeeech.

But I digress.

So. Wendy's Ranch Tooth
AND the Chrysler commercial with Snoop Dog. Thiznat as got to be da F-U-Double-Nizzy-I-E-Sizzle-T commercial i hizzy ever seen, fo sho'
I have to turn off the televizzles. I have too much wizzork ta do....

BinkyKat
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I really liked the Joe Boxer commercials with the guy dancing in his undies :roflhard: :happydance:
Umm, I think I need to do more research... where's the remote....
:thinking:

Vendie
08-12-2005, 07:19 AM
my favorite commercial just recently was a BMW commercial where this guy is getting ready to go for a drive in his new car and he's calling his dog to come with him. The timid little weimer pokes his head around the corner looking very apprehensive then disappears. Eventually you see the little Weimer walking out with an orange helmet on and he jumps into the back of the car (I think it's a hatchback or small suv). Anyway, long story short, the driver hits the gas, the dog's head hits the back window, HENCE the orange helmet.

much funnier when you see it...

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 09:24 AM
i forget what the commercial is for but thatere is a guy in feeding his baby and the baby diesn't want to eat the baby food. so the dad trys to convince him that its good. the kids not going 4 it so the dad mares one last effort and taste the food for him and the face he makes when hes eats it is to die 4! but i know how he feels cause some baby foods are so awful i don't blame the kids for not wanting it!

i also like Jack n the Box commericals... Peace i'm out. (my son says that all the time, before the commerical)

and the Mountain Dew commerical where his car changes and then he changes his friend into a girl.

and the Burger King commericals, especially the once with that guy from talk soup on E!
ok i'm going to go find more!

i haven'tseen the one with Snoop yet... i must not be watching enough fo sho'

Silver
08-12-2005, 09:27 AM
The Hewlett Packard commercials with the guy and the picture frame. It's the best commercial EVER.

*picture book.. pictures of your mama, taken by your papa, a long time ago...* :happydance:

PS. Snoop and that "izzle" crap makes me want to HURL. I just thought you should know that.

Nuno930
08-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Snoop and that "izzle" crap makes me want to HURL. I just thought you should know that.
No izzle my dizzle... FO SHIZZLE :shock: I love his pimped out golf cart!

I love that HP one too!

I can't think of anyones on my own right now.

Carol_OH
08-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm with Silver -all the HP ads rock, and Snoop - ack! Sorry folks.

Lessee, I love the Progressive insurance commercials but maybe because the company is from this area! :shock:

The Hagen Daaz commericals are GORGEOUS - my son 'collects' commercials - and has them all downloaded on one of his many computers. So are the New York Life commercials - though I haven't seen them lately.

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 09:37 AM
The Hewlett Packard commercials with the guy and the picture frame. It's the best commercial EVER.

*picture book.. pictures of your mama, taken by your papa, a long time ago...* :happydance:

PS. Snoop and that "izzle" crap makes me want to HURL. I just thought you should know that.

thats ok. its not for everyone. i have no idea what theyaresaying half the time. and i think that is what ticks a lot of people off. :rollseyes:

brendajos
08-12-2005, 09:50 AM
and the Burger King commericals, especially the once with that guy from talk soup on E!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO scary plastic smiling head! Burger King man must go! can you imagine waking up with that big plastic smiling head in your bed smiling at you?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding:

Carol_OH
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
hahaha that Burger King guy!!!

oh, how about Donny Osmond's 'No Tito?"

HAHAHAHHAA

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 09:54 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO scary plastic smiling head! Burger King man must go! can you imagine waking up with that big plastic smiling head in your bed smiling at you?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding: :shock: :hiding:

thats what makes it funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nuno930
08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Oooh that Paris Hilton/Arbys one. Just because I think it is great proof that rich people can still be white trash.

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Oooh that Paris Hilton/Arbys one. Just because I think it is great proof that rich people can still be white trash.

good one!!! shes a ho. i don't know what the hypeis. she has too much free time!

wildforyarn
08-12-2005, 11:34 AM
I really like the new Cinnamin Toast Crunch commercial where the baby is talking in the deep voice the the mom tells the husband to knock it off. then the baby says "who's your daddy?" And the dad says, "I'm the daddy." I laugh every time.

I also like the identity theft commericals for the credit card (escapes me which one).

Carol_OH
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM
oh yes yes yes!!! That cereal one is HILARIOUS!

And those identity-theft ones (I think they're for CitiBank) - :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: "leather bustier"

errrm I like TV

:oops: :oops: :oops:

punkhippiemom
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
"My GIRL robot...." :roflhard: :roflhard:
I love overseas commercials, they're hilarious... there's one that my friend sent me, it shows a girl walking into an apparently empty apartment. She stops, checks both her shoes, and wanders into the living room...where her BF is seated on the john with the door wide open so he can watch the soccer match. He looks up @ her and says "what???" all innocent like - she shakes her head and leaves, then there's something about "women just don't get it"...
And the NASCAR ones, "How bad have you got it?"
There's one where the wife tells her husband she's pregnant, and he has visions of her in labor, him racing the station wagon up on the curb and around corners - he snaps out of it, hugs her really tight, and says "THANK YOU!!"lol
But the best one is where you just get this shot of a bathroom door for like 5 seconds, and then a guy walks out, closes the door behind him, grabs the yellow "caution" flag and starts waving it around... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I almost wet myself the first time I saw that one, I was laughing so hard... :thinking: Need to get a set of those for my DH...

Nuno930
08-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Doot Doot Do Do Doo (muh-nawmanaw) Doot Doot Do Do Doo (muh-nawmanaw) Doot doot do do doo do do doo doot doot doot doo doo doot

brendajos
08-12-2005, 12:52 PM
that commercial makes me sing along all the time...very annoying that!...lol

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 01:53 PM
what commerical is that? :??

brendajos
08-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Diet Dr. Pepper with the couple on the first date.

bubba
08-12-2005, 02:39 PM
My favorites are also the HP ones. I have a TIVO, so I rarely even watch commercials, but because I can't record from the sattelite and am a reality TV junky and am watching the reruns of Survivor and Amazing Race, I saw one the other night of a realtor showing a couple a house to buy that is just the dumps. The couple are very put off by the whole experience when the realtor tells the husband the best selling point is in the backyard and he takes him outside to show him the beer tree!

I don't know if any of you watched American Dreams when it was on, but they did one show last Thanksgiving that had no commercials at all that was sponsored by Ford. The show was about JJ, who was the oldest son, returning from the Viet Nam war. At the very end of the show, Ford did a three minute ad that was like a short film of a son coming home from Iraq, his family picking him up, his dad not being there, his mom making excuses for the dad, etc...the dad finally comes as the welcome home party is winding down and the son goes out to see him. Dad had pulled up in a classic mustang and they are remembering about when the son was a teen and how he was not allowed to drive it, but he would sneak out after paying off the little brother not to tell. After all this, the dad opens the garage door and there to welcome the son home is a brand spanking new mustang of his own! My husband and I just bawled. It probably had a lot to do w/our son in law just getting home from Iraq, but I saved that show and watch just that ad from time to time...very heartwarming.

pat.

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Diet Dr. Pepper with the couple on the first date.

o... i don't think i've seen that one.

feministmama
08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
SPONGE MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!

feministmama
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Oops! I forgot the link

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

feministmama
08-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Here's Joe Boxer

http://www.joeboxer.com/ads/adcampaign_vaughn.html

koolbreeze
08-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Oops! I forgot the link

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

WT Bleep!

MaggieL
08-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I love the commerical with the guy who's identify has been stolen..."lifts and seperates". I don't know why I find that funny.

knitwit
08-13-2005, 09:04 AM
My favorite is the the commecial with PING. He clones himself to get more things done. I laughed out loud when he woke his wife up --- he says "Good Morning Sleepy Do" and she freaks because he's in bed with her too (clone or original I'm not sure)
I alos like the Snoop/Chrysler commercial ~ even though I do think he's a sell out cause Snoop will do anything with anyone for money!

koolbreeze
08-13-2005, 11:04 AM
i just saw the Snoop one... it was funny. i don't think he is a sell out he is a pimp and thats what pimps do... anything for money. duh. they don't care. ;) plus i like to see people out of their element and suceeding at it. it shows they are versitle.

knitwit
08-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Actually------ a pimp is someone who profits from women- From the slang dictionary it means "A pimp is an informal term for a man who runs a brothel or otherwise oversees prostitution. The female counterpart to a pimp is a madam. Typically, a pimp will solicit clients for, protect, and in other ways manage a prostitute in exchange for a commission on her earnings. "

A sellout according to the same dicitonary "is is commonly associated with attempts to increase mass appeal or acceptability to mainstream society. A person who does this is labelled a sellout. "

If Snoop was a pimp I wouldn't like him !! I can still appreciate a sellout :thumbsup:

koolbreeze
08-13-2005, 11:46 AM
and i'm sure everyone looks in the dictionary when they sterotype someone! :rollseyes: