PDA

View Full Version : Got my yarn!!

Jivewhistle
08-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Made a quick trip to Michaels today.

Two skeins of Patons Divine (pink) for scarves

Two skeins of Patons Twister in Pink Power for scarves (thought my niece would like this)

Two skeins of Patons Allure (Amethyst) for scarves

6 skeins of Red Heart Dark Sage. I'm making Lucy her own blanket :)

I have no clue if I'll even follow a pattern for the scarves. I'm sure they'd all look good in garter stitch...but it'd be nice to find something else. I can't wait to knit with that Divine!

By the way, I think I've recruited at least one person who's gonna visit the forum from my lab forum :cheering:

dustinac
08-13-2005, 06:57 PM
ohh Thats wonderful!! I just picked my knitting needles back up had to take a week off and decided to start knocking Christmas gifts off my list getting ready to finish a scarf only thing is I like it... LOL Christmas gift its a Christmas gift... :lol:

snephenie
08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I got the needles I ordered this week, just waiting on the yarn from KnitPicks, should be here at the begining of the week.

I went to Michael's today too. (Couldn't let a perfectly good 40% off coupon go to waste could I?)

Got some of the Moda Dea Tutu :)

Silver
08-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Two skeins of Patons Divine (pink) for scarves
I've made a scarf with that stuff, in pink too.. it's very nice! I just did it in garter. :)

KellyK
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
When I made garter st scarves with fun fur or any of that fancy schmancy stuff, I started with 1 st on the needle & increased every other row until it was as wide as I wanted....that way, the ends are angled instead of square...makes it a little "different"

MaggieL
08-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I did the same thing KK. I really like the look.

Jivewhistle
08-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Oh that's a grea idea, thank you! That pink scarf is beautiful. I just love this Divine yarn.

Silver
08-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Good idea Kelly!

Another thing you can do is increase 1 stitch at the beginning, and decrease 1 at the end of every right side row. It creates a neat angled scarf. :)

Jackie M.
08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Silver, the scarf is beautiful. What size needle did you use?

Jivewhistle
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
KK, about that angled scarf....my brain seems to be completely screwed up and I can't figure this out. Ok, so I start with 1 stitch on the needle, and increase every other row. Is a yo ok to do? And then would I just k2tog every other row at the end?

so it'd be something like this....

k1
yo, k1
k2
yo, k2
k3
yo, k3
etc, etc

And at the end it would be...
(lets say I have 16 stitches on the needle for the widest part of the scarf)
k2tog, k14
k14
k2tog, k12
etc

Is this right? Ahhhh my brain!!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 05:57 PM
If you increase with YOs you'll have holes in it... if that's what you're looking for, than cool! If not, here's what I would do:

CO3
1: KFB, K1, KFB (knit in front and back loop--this is the bar increase)
2: Knit across
3: KFB, K until there's 1 stitch left on needle, KFB
4:Knit across
*repeat rows 3&4 until the scarf is as wide as you want it.. (maybe 15?)
Then, knit even until the scarf is as long as you want it
To decrease:
5: K2TOG, K until 2 stitches remain, SSK
6: Knit across
Repeat rows 5&6 until 3 stitches remai, then BO those 3 stitches.

:-)

Jivewhistle
08-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Hilde, you are an angel!!! Thank you so much :D

:cheering: :cheering:
:XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: