PDA

View Full Version : Aran poncho pattern help

Jeremy
08-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I am trying to start the Aran poncho found through the free pattern site at About.com. The pattern consists of two panels to be duplicated for each side of the poncho. Two questions: First, after the first two rows the pattern says "panel patterns are now in position. Does that mean as I continue on I keep repeating the same two rows around the panels? Second, panel A consists of sixteen rows which the instructions say to repeat nine times. Panel B only has 4 rows and they don't say what to do after you're done with those 4. Since 144 (16 X 9) is divisible by 4 do I just work panel B 36 times. I tried to link to the pattern but I am just about as adept with computer work as I am with knitting. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Rorshach
08-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Well from what I can see from the pattern here (http://www.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/Crafts/DetailNews.asp?idNews=3079&idSM=307) , it looks like you have the right idead. Seems that you're working both panel A and B at the same time, so you would just do 36 of panel B, and only 9 of A.

Jeremy
08-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks very much.