PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Epstein was here yesterday!!

rebecca
08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Nicky Epstein had a seminar in my friend's LYS, I didn't attend, but my friend emailed me to say that it was a wonderful success and she has saved an autographed book for me! She's so sweet! Another friend on KR said that Nicky is a hoot & the workshop was great & Nicky explained EVERYTHING!! I told her that if I have questions when I get my book, then I will just have to ask her!
All this said to say that her new book, "Knitting Over the Edge" is great!!
You can view some pages from the book here (http://www.knitpicks.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=30648#) and I can say already that I MUST have the blue scarf and the pink wrap!! :thumbsup:

Julie
08-14-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm green with envy!!! I looove her stuff! :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Aaarrghhhhh I am desperate for the release of thsi book!!!!! October 15th is too far away!

rebecca
08-14-2005, 11:55 PM
which book are you talking about Hilde? I heard that she's doing something with flowers or something, is this the one you are talking about?
My friend, Mickey, that owns the LYS here, where Nicky was has an autographed copy of 'Knitting Over the Edge' for me...now I want to get 'knitting on the edge'!! I can't get it until Sat., though. I did see that people were chatting about another book coming out over on KR...I must investigate!

rebecca
08-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I found Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers to be released on overstock.com in sept. for $12.89!! :shock: WOW

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2005, 12:39 AM
hmmm, amazon says that knitting over the edge isn't being published until october!!!! You are a lucky duck to get one already!

brendajos
08-15-2005, 01:06 AM
well that doesn't make sense because it is on BN.com and i KNOW i have seen it in barnes and noble...this makes me wonder what is going on at amazon cuz they have had odd release dates on things i was looking for before....mebbe they are really just out of stock? :thinking: :thinking:

rebecca
08-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah, babe...it's out in the stores!! Although, I do feel very :blush: special that my friend, the LYS owner saved me an autographed book...that's very cool!! She's such a sweet, sweet lady, she was the tester for my socks before publication, she's the lady that taught me so much about writing patterns correctly...well, she directed me to the magazines to read that conform to the 'industry standard' as far as writing patterns....and she saved me a book...how sweet is that?! :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2005, 09:48 AM
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :shock:

DH and I easily spend 1500 or more a year at amazon. Here's (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931543755/qid=1124113490/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4476138-4728645?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) what the book page says at amazon; what the heck?? I hate being jerked around--especially when I am such a GOOD customer! :mad:

brendajos
08-15-2005, 09:54 AM
well i went through the same thing when i was tearing my house apart looking for my harry potter 3 dvd. i started thinking that maybe i had imagined buying it and it wasn't really released. so i checked amazon and saw that it said it was scheduled for release in like 3 weeks (from that time.) :cheering: ...of course i was still a little puzzled cuz i was SURE that i had watched it in my house at some point along with the extras and all that. i checked other sites and there it was...having been in release for almost a year. i don't know what they are doing over there but it is strange. the only thing i can think is that they are out of stock but it doesn't usually take that long for stuff to come in i wouldn't think. *shrug*

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2005, 09:56 AM
I just sent them a nasty email.

Usually when they are out of stock, it says "out of stock" and gives an estimate as to when thell will get it in.

Silver
08-15-2005, 10:46 AM
It's available right now at Barnes & Noble (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=q98cEU0C35&isbn=1931543755&itm=1). :thinking:

rebecca
08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
For some reason one day I looked at Overstock.com for some book or another...and they have many knitting books...as a matter of fact, they take pre-orders on books; as Amazon does...the price is very nice, too! Shipping has been $1.00...I think today was the last day for that...but it's not expensive normally. Anyway, just giving you a heads up...they often have knitting books for very nice prices ;)
:( Sorry you didn't get your book when it came out, Hilde

Rorshach
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Hilde, if you are local to a Barnes and Noble bookstore, it would probably be easiest to walk in there and get one. I would ship you mine, but as I've only just got it, well that would be your best bet.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah, "local" is the operative word... both B&N and Borders are 50 minutes away :mad:

Guess I'm makin a car trip!! Woohoo! It still just burns me that amazon doesn't have it available.

rebecca
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Hilde...overstock.com got my book to me in about 3 days!! I order from them quite a bit...they take paypal, too :D

rebecca
08-16-2005, 07:17 PM
My sweet :inlove: husband just walked in with my book!!!! He also just told me that he's ordering the 'sample box' of 'palette' for me from KP @ the 1st of the month....so between that sample box & this book...FUN SOCKS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: !!!
This book is WONDERFUL....VERY WONDERFUL ;)
oh...the socks :D

BinkyKat
08-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Mine is on it's way from Crafter's Choice. It was the monthly feature. I actually had to email them cuz i was positive i chose to get it but sometimes i refuse the feature cuz i can get it at b&n no waiting. I couldn't confirm if i actually ordered it. well, i got confirmation it's on the way... previously before it became a featured item, it would say shipping wouldn't be until October. :thinking:
I am usually interested in some reviews that people give on books. Granted opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, but the one review on crafter's choice was "the only fault with this book is that there really aren't any full projects in it" (or something to that effect). I find that confusing for some people to interpret because this book is about embellishing your knitting projects... it focuses on the detail rather than the project itself... ok, i'm getting down off my box thankyou!

amy
08-16-2005, 11:45 PM
I thought you meant here at this site! :shock: My heart skipped a nervous and excited beat!!

:roflhard:

rebecca
08-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Who knows Amy :?? ...she may be here all of the time...we could be talking to famous knitters all of the time...okay; the secret ..... I will let it out, I am the reincarnate of EZ...there, that was my secret....told ya; famous knitters everywhere :shock:
OMGosh, I only wish :D (well, not that I was the reincarnation of someone else...but that I could knit like her!!)! And no disrespect intended toward EZ!!
WAIT A MINUTE...EXCUSE ME....I meant knitters that are more famous than us....bc WE are very important, if not 'well-known' knitters one & all :thumbsup:

kemp
08-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Knitting over the edge is at overstock.com too... 19.33 w/ $1.00 shipping.

rebecca
08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I :heart: :heart: Overstock.com....it has everything ;)

Ellen Edwards
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I just ordered the Big Book of Patterns and another one , I can't even think of!! Isn't that terrible?? :inlove: My memory is about as long as the shortest rows in a heel. :rollseyes:

But this book looks really interesting, too!! :XX:

rebecca
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I got 'the knitter's handy book of patterns' from overstock

Ellen Edwards
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
OH! I know the other one I've got ordered--It's Knitting Without Tears!! Isn't that a Nicky Epstein Book????

I'm going to check out Overstock right now!!I orderd 2 dvds for DH and they e-mailed me that thre was a "mistake" and they haven't even shipped them--which I take to mean they don't have them in- :( -and he expected them to be here before the weekend! I hate to tell him I orderd his on the 10th and they haven't been shipped; ordered my books on the 15th and they are already in the mail!! UGH! :inlove:

BinkyKat
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeee Hawwww! Got my KOverTE book today! Came in the mail from Crafter's Choice via a cute mailman wearing a pith helmet! I snuck peak at it last week at B&N and was pumped! They hadn't had it yet and of course, I order one somewhere else and then it appears on their shelf! :doh:

Scrumpdili-icious! I really like how her books show samples in several differnt yarns so you can see firsthand what they look like!

:happydance:

Ellen Edwards
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I've really got to contain myself--snooping around Amazon and Overstock, :heart: and KnitPicks and Knitwerx :rollseyes: !!! The utility bill just came yesterday....I was afraid to open it, and for good reason! :shock:

Could a little"looking" hurt?? I think YES!! :oops: