PDA

View Full Version : OT: Breakfast picnic ideas?

KellyK
08-15-2005, 05:26 PM
DH & I are celebrating our 10th anniversary on Friday. :heart: I know he is planning "something" for the evening, so I want to plan something special for the morning.

We had talked about taking the dogs & going to the woods for some birdwatching, so Id like to prepare a breakfast picnic. But, I want something SPECIAL. And, something that can be prepared the night before so he doesnt see it. Something that can be eaten cold or at room temp would probably be best. Ill just bring a cooler.

Im thinking Ill make muffins (or some kind of pastry), some cut up fruit and, of course, MIMOSAS, but Im wondering if you wonderful folks have any ideas for additional yumminess?

Silver
08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Hmmm.. I'll have to think about it, but I just wanted to say

:heart: :heart: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :heart: :heart:

kemp
08-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Congrats! We just had our 10th in May. Kind of seems more special when it's 10 rather than 7, 8, or 9.

When I first started reading the post I thought "ooooh Mimosas"! Great minds think alike ;) I have a recipe for an egg strata that would be ok cold or room temp if you want something more "substantial" or quiche can be served room temp I think...don't have a good one for that off hand, but I am sure they would have tons on foodtv.com

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Sometimes questions like that need to percolate for a while before something really great comes to mind.

KellyK
08-15-2005, 07:34 PM
THANKS, Sil and Kemp!!

Do you know Ive been googling "breakfast picnic" and "brunch picnic" and Im still not finding anything.... :(

Ingrid
08-15-2005, 07:35 PM
I have a wonderful recipe for a cream cheese dip for strawberries (or any fruit, really) that tastes like cheesecake. It is to die for!! And tastes best at room temp. Let me know if this is the kid of thing you had in mind.

Nuno930
08-15-2005, 07:37 PM
I have a wonderful recipe for a cream cheese dip for strawberries (or any fruit, really) that tastes like cheesecake. It is to die for!! And tastes best at room temp. Let me know if this is the kid of thing you had in mind. oooh I want that!

KellyK
08-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Id LOVE to have the strata recipe AND the cream cheese dip recipe AND anything else that would be easy for anyone to post! OPTIONS ARE GOOD! I really truly do-ly appreciate it!

kemp
08-15-2005, 07:46 PM
You can make this a day ahead. It's also good with asparagus in it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheddar, Vegetable and Sausage Strata

Recipe By :Bon Appétit, December 2000
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Casserole

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 french bread -- 1 inch thick slices
(each about 3x5 inches)
5 large eggs
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese -- grated, packed
(about 8 ounces)
1/2 green bell pepper -- 2 1/4 in strips
15 cherry tomatoes -- halved
6 ounces smoked sausage (such as kielbasa) -- 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons minced onion
Chopped Fresh parsley

Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Fit 8 bread slices in prepared dish. Cut remaining bread slice into 1-inch cubes; fit cubes into any empty spaces. Whisk eggs, mustard, basil and salt in medium bowl to blend; whisk in half and half. Ladle custard over bread. Cover; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle mixture in dish with black pepper. Top with half of cheese, then bell pepper, tomatoes, sausage, onion and remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake until strata is set and springy to touch, about 20 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.

Makes 6 generous servings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 514 Calories; 26g Fat (45.8% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 239mg Cholesterol; 970mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Most of the assembly for this layered bread-and-egg dish can be done one day ahead. Serve it hot or warm.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Ingrid
08-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Cheesecake Dip

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Heat over medium-low heat until smooth and creamy, stirring frequently.

Cool to room temperature and serve.

If lumpy, put in a food processor until smooth (not necessary, but prettier)

I have never seen anyone try this and not like it. Actually, I've never seen anyone be able to stop at one taste. It's decadent!

brendajos
08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
have you checked out www.allrecipes.com. i love that site and you can read reviews to see if something is any good or to see how it was doctored by other people before trying it.

KellyK
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
MMMmmmmm those sound YUMMY! I wonder how that strata would be with breakfast sausage??

Im checkin out that site right now!!

Thanks!!! Keep 'em coming!!

BinkyKat
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
How about crepe's? You could make them up ahead and keep 'em in the fridge flat between layers of wax paper. Then serve them cool or room temp and just put a little vanilla yogurt and berries on them or get some fruit compote if you have a neato gourmet area of your grocery store.
I have a Pampered Chef recipe for "Confetti Eggs Strata" that you put together the night before. I've made it many times for work potlucks and just put it in the oven while I get ready for work. I happen to have the stoneware 9x13 pan but a gal friend made it in a regular glass one and she said it worked out fine. I use the insulated carrier from my pyrex 9x13 to tote my stoneware one and it stays warm for quite a while. you can shove it in there right out of the oven and it would be just right by the time you get where you're going. It calls for chopped ham, but i have made it with turkey ham cuz a gal i work with is allergic to pork. i bet crumbled breakfast sausage would be really tasty in it. it also has eggs, cubed italian bread,sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped green onion and red bell pepper and shredded cheese. even the folks that don't like funny chopped stuff have liked it...
Let me know if you'd like the recipe!
;)

Vendie
08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
mmm, how about a nice big bowl of Cheerios? yummy...

1 bowl
2 spoons
some sugar
milk
Cheerios

pour Cheerios in bowl, add milk and sugar to taste, enjoy.

:roflhard:

congrats on your 10th anniversary Kelly!!

KellyK
08-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Im definitely makin that cheesecake dip, and I think that strata idea is a good one...I may just use this here 20% off coupon at BB&B to buy myself that insulated pyrex I've always wanted.... :angelgrin:

I guess Cheerios would be "special"....we dont usually HAVE those. :rollseyes:

Im gonna look for additional strata/breakfast casserole options.....see if I can "tweak" somethin!

Ingrid
08-15-2005, 09:00 PM
mmm, how about a nice big bowl of Cheerios? yummy...

1 bowl
2 spoons
some sugar
milk
Cheerios

pour Cheerios in bowl, add milk and sugar to taste, enjoy.

congrats on your 10th anniversary Kelly!!

:roflhard: That's about my speed for breakfast!

Vendie
08-15-2005, 09:03 PM
yeah, sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly daring, I substitute Frosted Flakes for the Cheerios...drives DH wild :roflhard: :rollseyes:

Ingrid
08-15-2005, 09:07 PM
:rofling: :roflhard:

KellyK
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Well, its our 10th ANNIVERSARY! I could at LEAST spring for some Peanut Butter Captain Crunch! I mean....he's the CAPTAIN!!!

BinkyKat
08-15-2005, 09:29 PM
The neighbors almost called the cops when I served Grape Nuts once! :shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, its our 10th ANNIVERSARY! I could at LEAST spring for some Peanut Butter Captain Crunch! I mean....he's the CAPTAIN!!!

i suppose a crunch berries comment would be completely inappropriate? :angelgrin:

BinkyKat
08-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Isn't the 10th Anniversary traditionally Corn Pop?

Silver
08-15-2005, 09:55 PM
No no.. get some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That stuff is so good you don't even need milk. Or a bowl for that matter.

KellyK
08-15-2005, 10:04 PM
:shock: You are all insane...I hope you know that.

BinkyKat
08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
'Cuz tiny robot fish have replaced our brains with yarn! :rollseyes:

KellyK
08-15-2005, 10:44 PM
I HATE when those tiny robot fish do that! :doh:

Joel
08-15-2005, 10:48 PM
DH & I are celebrating our 10th anniversary on Friday. :heart: I know he is planning "something" for the evening, so I want to plan something special for the morning.

We had talked about taking the dogs & going to the woods for some birdwatching, so Id like to prepare a breakfast picnic. But, I want something SPECIAL. And, something that can be prepared the night before so he doesnt see it. Something that can be eaten cold or at room temp would probably be best. Ill just bring a cooler.

Im thinking Ill make muffins (or some kind of pastry), some cut up fruit and, of course, MIMOSAS, but Im wondering if you wonderful folks have any ideas for additional yumminess?

Happy Anniversary KK... That's great!

BinkyKat
08-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Here's a breakfast pizza recipe I have made for work several times and could get by eating at room temp... It's from a light cooking program here in town that I have adjusted as far as the pan I use etc. You'd have to assemble before baking, but it's a pretty easy recipe and you could embellish as you like. It's gone over well whenever I've made it...

Breakfast Pizza
1 pkg (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pkg. (6 oz) Canadian Bacon
1 cup frozen low fat hash browns
4 oz lite Cheddar cheese, shredded
3 eggs
1/4 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375.
Spray pizza pan with non stick cooking spray. Press entire package of crescent roll dough to edges.
Spread Canadian Bacon, hash browns and Cheddar cheese over top of dough.
Beat eggs and milk together, pour over all and top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 25-30 minutes (until eggs are set)
(My adjustments: I use a round baking dish with sides so the egg doesn't run over. I also use 4 eggs and less milk or you can use the 3 eggs and use less milk, that way it's not too runny. I have also doubled the recipe and put it on a jelly roll size pan with sides on it for taking to a big potluck brunch. I also get a package of pre-chopped ham to use if you prefer, or you could use crumbled cooked breakfast sausage for a change.)
Enjoy!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm *so happy* that my invisible robot fish thing finally caught on!!!! Sheesh!

Yay KK! :cheering:

I know how you can make the morning *really* special :eyebrow: I'll have to lend you back Soleil, though :roflhard:

One of our favorite things is quiche lorraine. Instead of making and taking an entire quiche, you can use puff pasty/filo dough for the crust and make themin muffin tins: just keep the filo moist while you layer it, otherwise it gets stiff and brittle. Doing it in muffin tins will make them nice and portable, and the filo dough gives the quiche kind of a new twist. DH and I are famous for out non-recipe cooking, but I can prolly whip a recipe up for you if you think you need it. :-)

I am well known for making cream puffs... is that breakfasty?
Dough:
1/2 cup water
1/2 stick butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup SIFTED flour (don't scoop, sift!)
2 LARGE eggs

Filling:
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 Tbl confectioner's sugar + more for dusting
1/2 tsp vanilla
optional: 30ish strawberries, cleaned and hulled

(I'm doing this from memory, so you might want to check a cookbook for exact quantities)

Slowly bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from heat, and add flour all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon (I spray mine with pam), return to heat, and continue stirring until a ball forms and the dough pulls away from the sides of the pot. Remove from heat, beat in eggs one at a time (thorooughly), and continue until dough gets stringy.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 400* oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
While they are baking, make the filling: Beat whipping cream and confectioners sugar until stiff, add vanilla, cover and refrigerate.
Cut the tops off of each puff (don't cut in half, just slice the top). Press a strawberry in, if you are using them (or any kind of berry would work), and fill with a teaspoon of cream. Replace tops, dust w/ confectioners sugar, and refrigerate until ready to serve. You can make these ahead of time (jn mini muffin tins?) and freeze them, then just pop them in a baggie for the picnic, and they will still be cold when it's time to eat.

homer simpson voice... mmmmmmm cream puuuuuuffffsssssssssss

BinkyKat
08-16-2005, 12:07 AM
:thinking:
How about a wrap or pinwheel type of somethin' or other with breakfasty type fillings?

Oh, and I second that Homer motion.... mmmmmmmcreammmpuffffsssss!
glahhhllllllbbbblmmmmm

punkhippiemom
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Stuffed Pancakes.(Or pancake sandwiches)
I did this for Christmas a few years ago... We always brought DH's grandmother over for Xmas Day, I'd pick her up at like 6am so we could get home before the children woke up, and after 2 years of this I gave up cooking a big breakfast because by the time the kids were done w/presents and DH's Gma and I were done chatting, we didn't eat breakfast until 2 in the afternoon!
Anyway, you make the pancakes the night before, with your normal recipe, just thinned out a little (you don't want them as thin as crepes, but too thick and you'll look like Dagwood trying to eat them). Let them cool completely, add your favorite spread (I made PB&J for the kids, and Gma and I built our own with whipped cream cheese spread and fruit slices - and I also love mine w/butter and apple butter), slap another pancake on the top, and there you go.
It's portable, tastes delicious cold, you make it ahead, and you can dress it up or down to be as fancy as you want it. Plus, you can use a cookie cutter and cut the pancakes into little hearts :inlove:
Congrats on ten years - isn't it funny how time flies?

kemp
08-16-2005, 11:14 AM
MMMmmmmm those sound YUMMY! I wonder how that strata would be with breakfast sausage??

Im checkin out that site right now!!

Thanks!!! Keep 'em coming!!

I have actually done it that way and it is VERY good. More "breakfasty" tasting if that makes any sense. I should've mentioned that addition/substitution in addition to the asparagus.

KellyK
08-16-2005, 11:53 AM
PHM! That is ADORABLE!!

Thanks, Kempy.....I think I may try your recipe with ham, aspargus, mushrooms....MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

kemp
08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
That sounds like an awesome combination! You'll have to let me know how it turns out if you make it with that. I'll add it to my notes for the recipe.

rebecca
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Okay...my question is..have you your wardrobe prepared, where, exactly, are you picnicing? ;) ! Have you something for aroma (other than food aroma?!) What are you picnicing on? have you a nice something to lie on the ground? Or are there picnic tables? You still need candle...even tho it's daytime; and flowers. Lotion for rubbing hubby's feet after you've been walking (of course...baby wipes to wash feet 1st!)! Set the mood, my dear ;) . AND
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

punkhippiemom
08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
:roflhard: LMAO Rebecca - and I thought my husband was spoiled!!!

rebecca
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Rebecca, if you are referring to me to me :angelgrin: .....I'm much more spoiled than my husband ;)

KellyK
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Okay...my question is..have you your wardrobe prepared? Set the mood, my dear ;) .

I was BORN with my "wardrobe"!! :eyebrow:

There is forest preserve very close to us...we've been to several, but there is one in particular that we have been meaning to visit because of the wetland birds. If I cannot find dry ground or a picnic table, then we will "romantically" eat off the hood of the car. DH will be VERY VERY VERY happy that I prepared a meal. I dont usually cook. I CAN, just dont like to. I save all of my year-long cooking energy for Thanksgiving.

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Okay...my question is..have you your wardrobe prepared? Set the mood, my dear ;) .

I was BORN with my "wardrobe"!! :eyebrow:

If that's all you're planning to wear, then, watch out for the poison ivy!!! :rofling: --that's you rolling around with a rash!

rebecca
08-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Okay, sounds like you have the plan...you have the wardrobe :eyebrow: & you have the woods or the hood of a car :roflhard: :roflhard:
Happy Anniverysary....now, make it memorable ;) ! As I am sure you will :thumbsup:

KellyK
08-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks, Rebecca....

I was a Girl Scout, Ingrid...I know what poison Ivy looks like. Ill stay away. BUT, we ARE going birdwatching...you do that at, like, 5 in the morning....passers-by will be QUITE scarce! :eyebrow: hee hee!

And, I dont think Id have that smile on my face if I had a rash! :roflhard:

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 08:25 PM
How about while you were getting it? :eyebrow:

KellyK
08-16-2005, 08:40 PM
hee hee! :mrgreen:

InterNette
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Crab quiche is wonderful brunchy type food. How about birds nests?
Several ways to do those, one easy one without hash browns in it,
pam sprayed in muffin tins, place ham slices in it, egg substitutes or can whip up real eggs in a separate bowl, pour into the little tin on the ham, the ham slices should be up the sides in like a cup shape, can add some shredded cheese to the top and bake these at 400 for maybe 15 minutes, depending on oven. You can use all kinds of toppings , chives, cream cheese whatever you fancy.
simple super easy have a bunch of danish, juice and hot cocoa in a thermos, super stress free

KellyK
08-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks, Internette!! I am definitely doing a quichey-strataey type thing.

LisaD715
08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
I love the whole bird's nest theme!! Bird wtching, requires bird's nests!! Very cool idea Nette!!

KellyK, congrats to you and hubby on your 10th!! I am very happy for you! Have a GREAT time!!

KellyK
08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Ohh thank you so much!

MaggieL
08-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Congrats, KK!! It sounds like a splendid plan.

KellyK
08-18-2005, 08:45 AM
MMMmmm! Look what I found!!
pecan pie muffins!!! (http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/PecanPieMuffins.asp)

SO - Heres the final menu....
Ham Cheddar & Asparagus Strata (variation of Kempy's recipe)
Strawberries & cream cheese dip (thanks, Ingrid!!)
Honeydew melon balls
Pecan Pie muffins
Mimosas (with FRESH SQUEEZED oj)

(Maybe Ill not do the melon...may be too much for just us 2! He likes when I make melon balls, though...he thinks they're FANCY)

I only hope it doesnt RAIN like its supposed to today!!! Its gonna be all squishy & gross tomorrow morning!!! :( Eh...Ill find a picnic table.

He's all intrigued...he asked if I could water for him if it doesnt rain today...I told him my evening was PACKED with preparation. He keeps asking QUESTIONS...."Do you have to leave work early to do it?" "Is it gonna take ALL evening???" "C'MON!!! What are you planning?!?!" :roflhard:

"You're not spending too much money, are you? Remember...we just went to Costa Rica...I dont NEED any presents!!" :rollseyes:

Thanks again, friends, for all of your well-wishes and ideas!! MUAH! :heart:

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 09:28 AM
So where should we meet? Is there anything you'd like us to bring? I can't wait! :cheering:

BTW--if you don't like the cream cheese dip, it's Nik's. If you love it, it's mine! ;)

rebecca
08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I believe the meeting is in the woods @ 5am :eyebrow:

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
I'd better get moving! Good thing I got the camera. :eyebrow:

KellyK
08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Well, hey...Amy almost came with us to Costa Rica....THE MORE THE MERRIER!!

However....my romantic plans may be dashed on the sidewalk like so many pianos dropped from cranes...

IT IS RAINING CATS AND DOGS HERE!!! :( The hiking trails are gonna be all squshy-gushy! I came up with a potential plan B....breakfast picnic by the lake? There are concrete walls to sit on, or piers, or whatever...we certainly wont see the variety of birds we would have at Fermilab, but there will be seagulls! :rollseyes:

Since he still has no idea what Im planning, I think I will offer him the option when we get in the car in the morning....Ill ask if he would or would not rather walk through mushy rained-on ground. If he doesnt want to do that, then we'll head east to the lake.

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Aaaaw! The best laid plans, huh? I'll start doing the stop raining dance here, and maybe it will take effect out your way by the morning. I know you'll make it special no matter what you end up doing! :D

KellyK
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I thought of a better idea...the Lincoln Park Lagoon!

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 10:03 AM
I thought of a better idea...the Lincoln Park Lagoon!

Oh!! Come on out to Fermilab! I'll bring the kids!

hee heee heeeee

LisaD715
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Well....no update from KellyK yet....they must be having a GREAT time. Sure hope they realize the sun IS up now.....

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Well....no update from KellyK yet....they must be having a GREAT time. Sure hope they realize the sun IS up now.....

:rofling:

I hope they noticed, too. Perhaps they're awaiting bail. :shock:

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 01:29 PM

:rofling:

I hope they noticed, too. Perhaps they're awaiting bail. :shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard: I wonder if she'll post pics? :roflhard: :roflhard:

LisaD715
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: naked mug shots :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Aello
08-19-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm a bit too late to add anything to the great ideas:) But I just wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary! :happydance:

KellyK
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
You guys are just SO silly.... I LOVE YA!! :heart:

Im not in jail....I stuck with plan B and we had a lovely picnic breakfast at 7am along a jogging path that runs around Chicago's North Pond at Fullerton and the lake.

I borrowed a friend's little collapsable table, and set it....Al was OVERWHELMED. He kept saying "Huney....you're the BEST!" and "This is SO FANCY!" and "This was ALOT of work"! He tends to go on and on about things when he's happy/impressed. :mrgreen: He liked the fact that most of the ingredients were organic from Whole Foods. I was trying to be as fancy as possible.

My strata was SOOOOO yummy! Thanks SO much for the idea, Kemp! I added twice the ham that the recipe called for, fresh asparagus sauteed first with onion, LOTS of cheese, and used fresh french bread instead of white bread. The cheese was this white, organic, Australian Cheddar...MMMMM!

That cheesecake dip is AWESOME!!! Perfect with strawberries that are still a little tart. I cant wait to try the leftovers with some of the other fruit we have around the house!

And, I know I put in a link to these Pecan Pie muffins....TRY THEM! They are GREAT! One word of advice...DONT try to make them in normal-sized tins. I dont think they would work.

Anyway, the usual Lincoln Park joggers and bikers were running/rolling by the whole time, telling us how CUTE we were and asking what the occasion was...I offered them muffins. :rofling:

We took our time eating and drinking our Mimosas, then loaded the car back up & walked around the pond watching birds and letting Howie explore. He met SEVERAL other dogs and wanted to go play with the squirrels. REALLY. He wags his tail at them!

We saw a couple of Great Blue Herons, some Green Herons, a female Downy Woodpecker, LOTS of different ducks which we still have to identify. The coolest were Wood Ducks...they have RED eyes...below.

We came home & took a "nap". :thumbsup:

Now I have to feed the pooches, hop in the shower & get ready for this evening's date! TWO DATES IN ONE DAY! Anniversaries are AWESOME!!

Forgot to tell you!!! Al sent flowers to work yesterday!! :inlove:

punkhippiemom
08-19-2005, 06:58 PM
You guys are too cool... And he's such a good sport about you documenting everything for "posterity"... errr....us... :roflhard:
Happy tenth, I know you'll both remember this one for a loong time :cheering:

Ingrid
08-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Aw, what a lovely morning. I'm so glad it all worked our for you. And what a fantastic duck picture! Did you take that?

Vendie
08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm glad everything went so well Kelly. It sounded very romantic - I hope DH and I are doing things like that on our 10th!

I am sad, however, that you chose not to go with the Cheerios.... ;)

Congrats again!!

KellyK
08-19-2005, 07:32 PM
And he's such a good sport about you documenting everything for "posterity"... errr....us... :roflhard:
Are you kidding me??? He would have DIVORCED me if I had forgotten the camera!! HE's the snapaholic..not me!! :)

OH YEAH! I TOTALLY took that duck picture and ABSOLUTELY did NOT snatch it off of ENature.com!! :---

FG! This was before I put the cheerios on the table....sorry! I didnt realize you might want a picture of them! :oops:

BinkyKat
08-19-2005, 07:37 PM
And WHERE was the BRIDE????? :mad:
I notice this pictography was seriously devoid of any female images!!!!! What gives!? :fingerwag:
Sounds like soooo much fun... DH and I need to have a picnic... we've both been so busy this summer.

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Kelly -- You guys are an inspiration! That is so cute, and I hope you had an equally wondeful time tonight on your date!!! Happy 10th, and may you have at least 50 more wonderful anniversaries to celebrate!

MaggieL
08-20-2005, 08:47 AM
It sounds like a wonderful beginning to a wonderful day...special. Congrats again!!!!!

KellyK
08-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Thank you all so much! There's an account of my evening date on my blog thread if you're interested....

kemp
08-20-2005, 01:07 PM
That is awesome! I am so glad everything worked out.

Off to read about your evening date :)

It cracked me up that you mentioned "nap" time...we have that in our house too :roflhard:

rebecca
08-20-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL, I was about to mention the 'nap' time, too, Kemp...yeah...'nap' my foot!!!
I'm glad ya'll had fun...must go read about the evening date ;)

KellyK
08-20-2005, 02:12 PM
The Nap DID happen....eventually! :shifty:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-20-2005, 10:08 PM
yay! Happy anniversary!

Al and Howie look very happy together....

rebecca
08-20-2005, 10:18 PM
yay! Happy anniversary!

Al and Howie look very happy together....

:roflhard: :roflhard: Yes they do....like Lonnie and Sally...lol; they are best of buds. Nothing like a man and his little dog! Sally is mini dachshund and Lonnie is 6'3" ;)

KellyK
08-21-2005, 01:46 PM

There ARE pics of me...they're in my blog.

MaggieL
08-21-2005, 07:18 PM
KK, What's your blog?

MaggieL
08-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Duh, It just dawned on me. :oops:

DotMom61
08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Nap time ... ha!! You guys don't have children, do you?

KellyK
08-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Nope....just three pooches. They tend to STARE. :shock:

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
When DH and I first got married, we had a studio type apartment - the only doors in the place were the front door and the bathroom door. We eventually had to put the dog on the porch whenever we wanted to 'nap' because she would either sit at the end of the bed and stare - or she would think we were playing and jump on the bed and bark at us! :roflhard: :roflhard:

LisaD715
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Kelly....how do you get to your blog?!?!?! I am so glad you had a good time!! Pictures looked wonderful!!

kemp
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Her blog is in the blogs forum: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1026

KellyK
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Kempy!!

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: