PDA

View Full Version : STEEKS are done!!

Silver
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
DH got my sewing machine back from the shop yesterday. It was all tuned up and stitching like butter. So today, I did it.

I was scared and nervous. Silly, I know, but sheesh... this little baby sweater was a lot of work! Being paranoid, I drew some very light lines in pencil as a guide. I'm glad I did. It helped a lot. Stitching a line down a single column of stitches when said stitches are knit in baby weight with size 1s is not a cake walk.

But.. SUCCESS!!! Stitched and cut, I'm now ready to sew on the sleeves and finish it up! :cheering:

Aby
08-16-2005, 04:43 PM
that looks great, Silver.. I can't wait to see the final product. :thumbsup:

Ellen Edwards
08-16-2005, 05:12 PM
OOOOOH!! YOur work is beautful, Silver. :shock: I'd love to think I could knit somehting even close to that one day!. :oops:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 05:25 PM
thou hast the bravery of a lioness, silver. GORGEOUS!

ChroniclesofYarnia
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
WOW! You touched yarn with a sewing machine! brave :shock:

I just LOVE the fair isle work on that sweater. :heart:

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
. . . . and you survived! :D

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
:cheering: beautiful dah'ling ... simply dashing!!!!!! Congrats! I so can't wait to see the end ... :mrgreen:

ekgheiy
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
*insert stomping foot emoticon here*

We're waaaiiitttiinnnggg ... :drooling:

:angelgrin:

Silver
08-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Thank you everyone. It was quite an experience. But, I don't think I'll be as scared next time. :)

I'm working as fast as I can. Hopefully it will be all finished tomorrow. I have to sew the shoulder seams, set in the sleeves, knit the collar, then stitch all the hems. Then it'll be done! :cheering:

Oh... and seeing as how I have plenty of yarn left over, I'm going to make a matching hat with ear flaps and baby socks! :heart:

KellyK
08-16-2005, 06:32 PM
:shock: SCARRRY!!!!

:notworthy:

That sweater is gonna be TREASURED FOREVER, Sil....BEAUTIFUL job.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 06:37 PM
just don't let her drink any grape juice while wearing it. "no, dear, you must go to the sterile room when wearing THE SWEATER, remember? Let me tie your hair back. Good. Now, dip your arms in the acetone and DON'T forget to stand in the exact CENTER of the plastic bubble!!"

Silver
08-16-2005, 06:46 PM
just don't let her drink any grape juice while wearing it. "no, dear, you must go to the sterile room when wearing THE SWEATER, remember? Let me tie your hair back. Good. Now, dip your arms in the acetone and DON'T forget to stand in the exact CENTER of the plastic bubble!!"
This is exactly what I expect to happen. Except, the wearer will be a boy. The next boy in a plastic bubble. I'm sending a 47 page book of rules.

Is that wrong?

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Maybe you could encase it in plastic, like people used to do for the "Good Furniture." This way it can be wiped down with a sponge!

Silver
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
All I have to say is :cheering: :cheering: and :notworthy: :notworthy: !!

gimmesanity
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
It's gorgeous! You're a brave woman, sil...I'd be skered silly if I have cut something that beautiful.

dustinac
08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Thats really cute!! :cheering:

Mer
08-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Looks great Silver! Very very brave of you. ;)

Silver
08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Man.. the finishing on this sweater is monstrous! I was trying to finish it tonight, but I gotta hit the sack. *yawn* I'll finish it tomorrow. :)

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM
just don't let her drink any grape juice while wearing it. "no, dear, you must go to the sterile room when wearing THE SWEATER, remember? Let me tie your hair back. Good. Now, dip your arms in the acetone and DON'T forget to stand in the exact CENTER of the plastic bubble!!" So totally TRUE!!!! No grape juice, no speghetti, no curry, no ketchup, no no no!!!! Oh and did I mention - NO PLAY TIME EITHER!!!! :lol:

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Maybe you could encase it in plastic, like people used to do for the "Good Furniture." This way it can be wiped down with a sponge! OMG - my granny FINALLY got rid of that plastic a couple years ago!! But great idea for the sweater. Hey Silver, you just gotta come up with patented sweater protector! :rofl:

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Man.. the finishing on this sweater is monstrous! I was trying to finish it tonight, but I gotta hit the sack. *yawn* I'll finish it tomorrow. :) Well okay - I guess sleep in somewhat nestisary (necessary ;)) But since tomorrow is now today ...

We're waaaiiiitttiiinnnggg .... :rofling: Just joshin' ya, gal ;) Well ... sort of ... 'cause we are in fact patiently waiting ... :mrgreen:

*ekgheiy whistles a little ditty*

Julie
08-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Silver, it's beautiful! :cheering: And you're so brave! ;)

Silver
08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Well okay - I guess sleep in somewhat nestisary (necessary ;)) But since tomorrow is now today ...

We're waaaiiiitttiiinnnggg .... :rofling: Just joshin' ya, gal ;) Well ... sort of ... 'cause we are in fact patiently waiting ... :mrgreen:

*ekgheiy whistles a little ditty*
I was up at 7:30 finishing the sleeves! Sheesh!! LOL I'm working on the neckband.. 8 more rows to go, then I'll do the hemming and it'll be done!

carlaf
08-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Silver,
Great work! You are a very brave woman :cheering:
CarlaF

foothills
08-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Silver...the sweater is absolutely beautiful...are you and Ingrid related :rofling: You both do such meticulous work...gorgeous :cheering:

I can feel your fear with steeks...it even looks scary ;)

Great job...and I still dream of the day when I can be that good :lol:

Joyce

kemp
08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Looks great! About stains...what about scotch guard or some such product??? That could work...right? It would be a shame to see it ruined and you just know little boys have such a hard time following rules!

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 03:34 PM
**whistle whistle went the little ditty** :happydance:

Yvonne
08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Silver--
That is absolutely a work of art. Did you all notice in picture #2 that even the "ugly" side of the colorwork is gorgeous!?
Now, I've been knitting for a good many years (30+) but have not yet conjured the bravery to go at my knitting with sci.....uh. Ahem. Scis---
[choke, gag]
I can't even say it. :shock:

MaggieL
08-17-2005, 08:38 PM
I can't wait to see the finished product!!! You do fantastic work.

Silver
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
It's FINISHED!!! Pics added in the FO thread.

kemp
08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
YAY! Going there now...