PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival

kimmie
08-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Wow. I just found out about this today:
http://www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com/index.htm?

I don't know if the classes are full yet or not. Registration ends 8/20. Even if the classes are full, I'm tempted to go just to see (buy) all the beautiful yarn.

kimmie

wildforyarn
08-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't know where you are, but I know that I was planning on going to check out the yarn/roving for sale! I am in Madison, WI. I was not going to sign up for any classes though. :(

kimmie
08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm in Illinois, about 2 hours from Madison. I don't think I'll take classes either this year, but I think I'll go check out the yarn & stuff. I wonder if I could run up & back on Friday when the kids are in school...hmmmm... or perhaps Saturday & then I could spend more money..er...time there.
:) kimmie

wildforyarn
08-18-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not quite sure when I am going exactly. If you want to PM me closer to the date and maybe if were are going to go on the same day, we can meet somewhere?

kimmie
08-19-2005, 12:38 AM
That would be fun! I'll let you know when I figure out what I'm doing.

Licensed2Cook
08-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh I'd like to go, I missed out on the Michigan Fiber Fest this past weekend.

kimmie
08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Can you go, Dee? It would be great to finally put faces with names.
:D kimmie

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah! I was thinking about checking this out... I ran across it while we were in New Glarus this weekend! I'm going to/throwing a baby shower on the 10th though....

wildforyarn
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Hilde, what were you doing in New Glarus? That is a cute little town, isn't it? I like going there and checking out the shops, and of course, the brewery. ;)

Licensed2Cook
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
As of right now I can go, I'll see if I can drag anyone from my knitting group along to keep me company. ;)

suziehomemaker
08-24-2005, 08:53 PM
I would really like to go, mainly to buy yarn and roving. Has anyone gone before? I think I can confince my DH for a road trip but only if I can guarantee that I can come home with nice wool to spin at a decent price.

wildforyarn
08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I have not been before, but I was actually going to go and look for the same types of things. I just got into spinning and am looking for some great roving to purchase and I figured this would be a great place to go searching! ;)

Licensed2Cook
09-04-2005, 02:53 PM
:( Michigan plays Notre Dame in the Big House this Saturday so I'm out.

At least I get the house to myself and no guilt from an entire day spent knitting without human distractions, I'll still have the westies but they'll never spill on how I spent the entire day!

Licensed2Cook
09-04-2005, 03:08 PM
:happydance: I take it back I just talked to a friend of mine and we are going on Sunday!

suziehomemaker
09-07-2005, 08:48 AM
DH and I just decided not to go. But since we're not going we agreed to buy a ton of fiber online using their vendor list! We've just got too much going on this week.

Have a great time and take pictures while y'all are there!

Licensed2Cook
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I had such a nice time at this festival. The vendors were great and I came home with some lovely yarn 50% wool 50% silk from Briar Rose, a Sam the Ram kit from Blackberry Ridge, the Red Palm Bohus Hat kit from Kimmet Croft Fibers, a few patterns, and the Scary Doll knitting book.

It was 92 degrees and humid but we ventured out into the sun to watch a bit of the dog and whistle competition and some sheep shearing; I noticed that the sheep were wearing "coats" after they were sheared even though it was bloody hot out :??

The food was great, what other festival has ice cold milk to go with the brownie or pie you ate for dessert? I love wool and sheep but I just couldn't pull it together to eat a lamb hotdog or lamb burger much less attend the cooking with lamb show.

I heard that this festival wasn't as big as the one in MI but I really enjoyed it and it was only a 2 hour drive from Chicagoland.

wildforyarn
09-12-2005, 09:30 AM
We ended up not going, and it sounds like I missed a great time, even though it was hot out. Dang it! Hopefully if we have another one next year I will get there.

kimmie
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
As it turned out, I couldn't go either. It sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to see what you knit up with your purchases!