PDA

View Full Version : would this work??

bubba
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I am knitting a small cardigan/kimono type sweater for my two year old granddaughter. I have both front sides and the back done and now have to kitchener stitch them together. It says next to p/u stitches from the edge to do the sleeves.

Now, in my head, it seems that I could go ahead and stitch up the seams on the side to the under edge of the sleeves and just pick up these stitches on the small circular needle I have for just this purpose. Would this work out right? I hate the yarn anyway and have been putting off doing these sleeves due to the grief it causes me....but I really think this might work.

What do you think?

pat.

ekgheiy
08-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Ummm - I'm confused about the question ... :oops:

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Me too. :thinking:

Julie
08-18-2005, 07:01 PM
If the question is can you sew the side seams and then pick up stitches around the armhole to knit the sleeves in the round...the answer is yes. :D

I usually convert sweater patterns so I can knit most of the body in the round/back and forth on a circ so I don't have to do as much seaming. Then I pick up stitches around the armhole and knit them in the round. I don't looove small diameter circ knitting, but it's better than all that seaming. ;)

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Very clever of you Julie! Now that you got it, it becomes obvious. And yes, I do that as often as I can, too.

bubba
08-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Thank you....I thought it would work, but since I've been knitting only since January, I was not certain. Reading back over my question, I see I was not clear....that is what I get for being on knittinghelp.com while working! I had to keep reducing my screen because the supervisor was on the prowl and I failed to see I didn't get all the words in there I thought I had....sorry!

pat.