PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Needles

GlenBoRTR
08-21-2005, 09:26 AM
The other day, I received a package from UPS. It was my E-Bay order of about 30 knitting & crocheting needles (I was ultra excited). My roommate (sarcastically) asked "Why did I need MORE needles...". ((He was a bit upset that I would "waste" my money on such trivial thinkgs)).

When I looked at my new purchase of 30 sets of needles & realized that I already had 12 other sets, plus a set of interchangable, and plus 20 circular... I came to the understanding that "You can NEVER have too many needles"...

I'm bidding on a few more e-bay lots... Hopefully I WIN!!! Don't tell my roommate, he won't understand!

:cheering:

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Show him this. It doesn't include the many that are in other projects or are waiting to be put away. No straights here, either.

GlenBoRTR
08-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I like your circular holder... Where'd you get it Ingrid???

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Its called Circular Solution. I don't recall where I got it, but almost every on-line store carries them. I love it. It keeps the needles sorted and straight. I wish it came with a needle sizer attached. I had to hook mine on the hanger so when I put them away I know what size they are.

brendajos
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
i got mine from knitpicks for $15!

Carol_OH
08-21-2005, 10:54 AM
The other day, I received a package from UPS. It was my E-Bay order of about 30 knitting & crocheting needles (I was ultra excited). My roommate (sarcastically) asked "Why did I need MORE needles...". ((He was a bit upset that I would "waste" my money on such trivial thinkgs)).

When I looked at my new purchase of 30 sets of needles & realized that I already had 12 other sets, plus a set of interchangable, and plus 20 circular... I came to the understanding that "You can NEVER have too many needles"...

I'm bidding on a few more e-bay lots... Hopefully I WIN!!! Don't tell my roommate, he won't understand!

:cheering:

hey glen - if ever you need to get rid of some of your extras, send me a pm (I run an on-line used knitting needle store!)

:D

kemp
08-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Wow Ingrid, now THAT is a system!

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow Ingrid, now THAT is a system!

If I didn't keep them in there, good lord, my house would look like a pit of vipers!

KellyK
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I cant even IMAGINE what kind of CHRISTMAS it was at your house!!! :cheering: New needles runs a close second to new yarn!!

Ingrid...that thing is AWESOME!!!

Julie
08-21-2005, 01:52 PM
My mom has one of those needle holders....I love how it makes it easier for me to find what I need when I sneak into her house to borrow her needles. :mrgreen:

Silver
08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Too many knitting needles? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Rorshach
08-21-2005, 10:02 PM

no, an oxymoron would be something like "A new antique" or my personal favorite, "microsoft works". :roflhard: Hilde could probably tell you what that was, if she were finished with her doctorate paper.

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 10:18 PM

no, an oxymoron would be something like "A new antique" or my personal favorite, "microsoft works". :roflhard: Hilde could probably tell you what that was, if she were finished with her doctorate paper.

It certainly is an oxymoron in spirit, like going into a yarn shop just to look.

Ellen Edwards
08-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I agree-never too many needles, or too much yarn...or too many knitting bools!! :D

Tell him to mind his own BEESWAX! :roflhard:

KellyK
08-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Tell him to mind his own BEESWAX! :roflhard:
:shock: And, ELLEN, you've been so POLITE until now!!!! :roflhard:

brendajos
08-21-2005, 11:28 PM
what's a knitting bool?

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 11:35 PM
what's a knitting bool?

I took it as a typo for tool! :roflhard: