PDA

View Full Version : CD arrived!

Arlene
08-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

I live in Plymouth, Indiana and I am 62 years old. I have crocheted for over 40 years and am attempting to learn how to knit but since I am used to holding my yarn in my left hand to crochet, I wanted to learn the continental method. I could not load the videos on site so I ordered the cd.......it is fantastic! I highly recommend it to all.

Take care,
Arlene

Silver
08-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Welcome Arlene!! Amy's CD IS fabulous. If you need any additional help, please come back to the forums! :)

Vendie
08-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi Arlene! I'm always happy to see a fellow Hoosier on the KH forum. I used to live in Ft Wayne, but am now in Indianapolis. Hope you visit KH again soon! :waving:

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Welcome Arlene! I'm glad you decided to come over to the :XX: side of the table!

rebecca
08-21-2005, 04:06 PM
:waving: Hey Arlene, Welcome to the forum! I've been knitting for a bit over a year and have been a member of this forum since this April; but I NEVER even looked at one of Amy's help videos until a very dear friend gave me a cd...always came here to chat!!
WELL...I agree with you...it is AMAZING!! I am an English knitter and have learned Continental from Amy's cd, too! I wish you loads of luck and lots of fun. And if u have any questions...there are lots of smart knitters around to help. ;)

KellyK
08-21-2005, 09:50 PM
WELCOME!! :waving:

Im HALF Hoosier...my dad's family lives in Lebanon, Crawfordsville and Greenwood!

Vendie
08-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey, I live in Greenwood!!!!!

KellyK
08-21-2005, 10:52 PM
GET OUT!!!!! Greenwood's not big, either! My aunt was the (librarian?) at the HS there for YEARS...she just retired about a year ago. They are on Waterbrook way.

Vendie
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
OMG Kelly, they live like 10-15 minutes away from me!!! The next time you visit them you're gonna have to let me know!!!

Ellen Edwards
08-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome Arlene--I'm so glad you got the cds! :happydance: I did too--before I got DSLs I really needed them because they loaded too slowly Now that I have DSLs I enjoy the computer more, but I'm glad to have the cds at my disposal. Amy's wonderful at showing how to knit.
:heart:
I crocheted for nearly 35 years, and I love to knit so much more. I think knitted items always come out softer than crocheted no matter what yarn is used. I'm 55--and obviously-you're never too old to learn something new. Especially when it gives you so much pleasure. :D

KellyK
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
I usually only get down there at Christmas....but, YEAH! ABSOLUTELY!! Maybe Ill have to make a trip sooner than that.

Vendie
08-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Well, yeah you have to! And I won't even tell you about 2 really awesome LYS nearby :happydance:

KellyK
08-22-2005, 07:25 AM
I already searched your posts for mentions of LYS's and checked out Sheep Street's website, darlin. :oops: REALLY...who do ya think you're dealin with here? :roflhard:

rebecca
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I already searched your posts for mentions of LYS's and checked out Sheep Street's website, darlin. :oops: REALLY...who do ya think you're dealin with here? :roflhard:

oh...so true :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: , so very true ;)

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 03:07 PM
:waving: :waving:

Vendie
08-22-2005, 07:53 PM

ooooh, but Kelly, darlin, I have not mentioned Mass Ave Knits, and trust me, Sheep Street's website does not do them justice.

Vendie
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
:shock: I think I feel violated Kelly

:roflhard:

KellyK
08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
What? A little LYS stalking never hurt anybody! :shifty:

Actually, Sheep Street's website is nothing FANCY, but the list of yarns they carry is QUITE impressive!

Vendie
08-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I agree, the website needs some help! But the place is just beautiful. Mass Ave Knit Shop has a much better selection (the place is huge!), but it's always kinda chaotic when I go in there. It seems like there are a million people and just one staff person. Sheep Street is very serene, nestled in the countryside. And they have Sheep there! What more could you ask for?

KellyK
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Sheep Street is very serene, nestled in the countryside. And they have Sheep there! What more could you ask for?
Cake. I could ask for free CAKE. ;)