PDA

View Full Version : The Deciding Process

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I finished my blanket ... NOW WHAT?? OMGawd ... I have the hardest time deciding. When I made Kyoto last year, I mistaken bought WAY TOO MUCH yarn. So I have enough to make another Kyoto, but it would be the same color. :doh: What ever am I to do? All of a sudden my stash is overwhelming me ... I also want to make something with my stash Lily 'n Cream... oh and I have some Cotton Ease ... and what about the .... etc etc ... *frantic breathing* :help:

Ingrid
08-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I can't offer anything but empathy. I feel your pain. :( So much yarn, so many ideas. What's next, what's next. . . . . :thinking:

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Surely - I have some pattern in these books o' mine ... :study:

kemp
08-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Whenever I'm having "what next" issues, I just start knitting a scarf so that I am knitting SOMETHING.

Cotton ease would make a good end of the summer tank though :)

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Cotton ease would make a good end of the summer tank though :) :thinking: :drooling:

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
:thinking: I'm in the same boat... I was wracking my brains trying to write up a kids shirt pattern, then I was straining them even more trying to make a matching grown-up shirt, and now that I'm done.... :??
I could work on my neverending double knit checkerboard, but just the thought of that makes me want to run screaming :help: ...I'm finishing up my August KAL, but that's just garter st and will be finished soon ... I've got to finish the handle for my knitting bag, but that's another do- while- watching- TV- cuz- it's- brainless project... :zzz:
So I made up my Christmas list!! :shock:
Now I have waaaay more than enough projects, but they're going to necessitate a BIG trip to the craft store before I can get started... so what do I do in the meanwhile??? :wall:
~sigh~
I've been spending more time here, chatting and scouring patterns, than I have knitting...But I'm sure inspiration will strike soon....

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 03:17 PM
:thinking: I'm in the same boat... Come come ... let us lean on each other in this time of need. :?

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Come come ... let us lean on each other in this time of need.

:roflhard: :roflhard:
Thank you - I can feel the :heart: ! But hey, at least you've got yarn already!!
:figureditout: :figureditout: :figureditout: :figureditout:

I had an idea - I had no clue what to make my mom for Xmas, but i know she loves looong hot soaks in the tub, so I'm thinking I'll make her a variety of washcloths; a facecloth, hand towel, scrubbie, etc - I can use up the last little bit of plain ol white Sugar n Cream that I have, and put it all in a gift basket w/some salts or something... Plus, you can get pretty crazy w/the stitch patterns, so even tho it's a little project, it won't get boring. :thumbsup: Care to join me on this adventure?

PS love your avatar - my sis had a Plecostomus(sp?) that was over 6" long named 'Pleco' - not the coolest name but a crazy-looking ...fish?...

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 04:59 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Thank you - I can feel the :heart: ! But hey, at least you've got yarn already!!
:figureditout: :figureditout: :figureditout: :figureditout:
I had an idea - I had no clue what to make my mom for Xmas, but i know she loves looong hot soaks in the tub, so I'm thinking I'll make her a variety of washcloths; a facecloth, hand towel, scrubbie, etc - I can use up the last little bit of plain ol white Sugar n Cream that I have, and put it all in a gift basket w/some salts or something... Plus, you can get pretty crazy w/the stitch patterns, so even tho it's a little project, it won't get boring. :thumbsup: Care to join me on this adventure?
PS love your avatar - my sis had a Plecostomus(sp?) that was over 6" long named 'Pleco' - not the coolest name but a crazy-looking ...fish?... OOOooo... I don't want to use my Lily S'nC 'cause I think I have enough to make a shirt (if I ever find a pattern), BUT I do have some Lion Cotton that could be used up quite nicely :eyebrow: We could do a KAL, but I don't have a digi cam ... so it might be kinda boring to do a kal w/ me :cry: ...

RE: Pleco:
Yes they are an interesting bunch! My Stimp Man is either a Common or a Leopard. I recently had to put him in a bucket. He is normally dark brown w/ spots; when I put him in the bucket, he turned a pale tan (the color of the carpet beneath the bucket) and had nearly no spots!! It was so kewl to see him play all chemeleon (sp?). :thumbsup: I've been trolling Freecycle for a bigger tank for him. The 20 gal is just getting too small for him. :( He swims REAL fast too :rollseyes: "They say" plecos should have a 55 gal or more tank... They are expensive ... :verysad:

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 10:43 PM
I think the reason my sis's got so big is cuz she had him in one of those outdoor pond things that you make from a kit.
Unfortunately, they had to leave him behind when they moved because they also did not have a big enough tank...
(but when i had him, he was happy in the 30 gal. tank I had)

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:39 AM
I had an idea - I had no clue what to make my mom for Xmas, but i know she loves looong hot soaks in the tub, so I'm thinking I'll make her a variety of washcloths; a facecloth, hand towel, scrubbie, etc - I can use up the last little bit of plain ol white Sugar n Cream that I have, and put it all in a gift basket w/some salts or something... Plus, you can get pretty crazy w/the stitch patterns, so even tho it's a little project, it won't get boring. :thumbsup: Care to join me on this adventure? Still up for a kal Punkhippiemom?? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3388) :mrgreen:

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I think the reason my sis's got so big is cuz she had him in one of those outdoor pond things that you make from a kit.
Unfortunately, they had to leave him behind when they moved because they also did not have a big enough tank...(but when i had him, he was happy in the 30 gal. tank I had) Hmm ... I heard that was myth (plecos not growing b/c of tank size). It's proving a myth on my end, 'cause Stimps doesn't look like he's gonna stop :lol: If worse comes to worse, we have an excellent fish shop here in MD. They adopt fishies! :thumbsup: Not that I *want* to give Stimps up, but if I don't find a nice tank for him and the 20 gets to be a problem for him, I know my alternatives. ;)

foldedbird
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
OR, you could both reduce your overwhelming stash and send it to meeee. My stash is pitiful! lololol :roflhard:

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
OR, you could both reduce your overwhelming stash and send it to meeee. My stash is pitiful! lololol :roflhard: HA! Not a chance ... :fingerwag: :lol:

foldedbird
08-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Aww, ek, surely you wouldn't miss one or two or ten balls, would ya? I'm just tryin to do what a good knister would do, help you out!

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
OR, you could both reduce your overwhelming stash and send it to meeee. My stash is pitiful! lololol
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
You think you're pitiful?? This is my stash - DON'T LAUGH!!!

foldedbird
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Oooh that grey stuff is purdy! What is it?

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Caron SimplySoft - It was supposed to be for the heels and toes of DH's socks, but he says he'll stick with store bought for now, thank you very much - grrr- so I'm thinking it may have to be a teddy-bear for my nephew due in Dec.

Thank you for not laughing :blush:

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Aww, ek, surely you wouldn't miss one or two or ten balls, would ya? I'm just tryin to do what a good knister would do, help you out! hahahaha :lol: hahahaha ...