PDA

View Full Version : Flyers Fans! Free chart

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Here are some charts I made up for my DH's Xmas gift, I figured I'd share.
Please keep in mind that, although altered, these are still registered logos for a sporting franchise - these are for personal use only. and not to be used for anything you want to sell. Thank you.

ekgheiy
08-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Kewl! That inspires me to make a chart for one of my classes, but then I realize ... I wouldn't be able to wear it to class ... :rollseyes:

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 08:21 PM
:?? Why not??

Vendie
08-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Booo hiss Flyers :roflhard: I'm a Leafs fan!!! *drops gloves*

Good thing you didn't try to make this last year with there being no hockey going on.

Edit: I meant to ad "Eh?"

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 01:08 PM
:?? Why not?? 'cause I have to wear a uniform. I guess I could knit a t-shirt to wear underneath the uniform, but that would kinda defeat the purpose... :lol:

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Aaaaahhh, a uniform - It's all clear to me now...
:thinking:
:figureditout:
make some socks!!!
Nice white ones w/the logo...
Your feet will be envied!
Booo hiss Flyers I'm a Leafs fan!!! *drops gloves*

Pssst - I'm a Wings fan...me & DH are gonna be going at it this hockey season - and not in good :eyebrow: way, either...grrrrr....

But for the sake of marital harmony, I will make him his Flyer's stuff, and I solemnly swear not to call them the Fly-girls (unless of course, it's the playoffs), but he cannot expect any more from me than that.

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Aaaaahhh, a uniform - It's all clear to me now...
:thinking:
:figureditout:
make some socks!!!
Nice white ones w/the logo...
Your feet will be envied!
..... Um well .... socks aren't a part of the uniform, so can't wear those either ... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Vendie
08-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Umm, ek, um :?? what kind of uniform are we talking here??

(I used to be a Wings fan, but I'm a Leafs fan now b/c DH is from Ontario. And if I wanted to be accepted into his family I had to like the Leafs too, so there we are :rofling: It's bad enough when I cheer for the American teams during the Olympics or Juniors Tournaments)

Rorshach
08-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Considering that Idaho doesn't have a NHL team, I'll have to settle for a minor league team, in this case, the Steelheads.

Vendie
08-24-2005, 07:17 AM
The important thing is that you like hockey!

cheesiesmom
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
The important thing is that you like hockey!

No, the important thing is HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!! YEA!!!! GO WINGS!!! :happydance:

(We older folk have such simple pleasures and low expectations.)

Nice chart, tho'. I wouldn't even think about the winged wheel; Maybe if the logo was a square, I could manage it.

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Umm, ek, um :?? what kind of uniform are we talking here?? the martial kind ... :eyebrow: :devil: :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
I think you had us all wondering but afraid to ask if you were a stripper!!!!
Good for you, great job....snicker snort stripper :rofling:

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 11:52 AM
I think you had us all wondering but afraid to ask if you were a stripper!!!!
Good for you, great job....snicker snort stripper :rofling: Yes, I know. I was TOTALLY waiting for someone to ask!!!! Well gosh darnit ... no one fell for it ... :doh: *sigh*

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
No, the important thing is HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!! YEA!!!! GO WINGS!!! :happydance:
(We older folk have such simple pleasures and low expectations.)
Nice chart, tho'. I wouldn't even think about the winged wheel; Maybe if the logo was a square, I could manage it.

OK, you had to say something...I have spent most of the morning obsessing over and working on a Wings chart instead of the gazillion other things I have to do :fingerwag: No more hockeytalk!!!

DH and I were laughing at ourselves because even though we're both big football fans, we're more excited about football season starting mainly because it means that hockey season is starting soon, too!!!

cheesiesmom
08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
OK, you had to say something...I have spent most of the morning obsessing over and working on a Wings chart instead of the gazillion other things I have to do No more hockeytalk!!!

Aw, sorry. :oops: No more obsessing; on to the important stuff. I do admire your skill at charting, tho'.

No more Hockey talk!!! Home opener, Oct 5 vs St. Louis :cheering:

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 03:47 PM
GRRRRR.... :mad:

I know, and when I was on the website looking for graphics I saw thaat they are playing the Lightning in preseason...I hope it's on ESPN
:fingerwag: NO MORE! I swear, I'm done

Vendie
08-24-2005, 08:35 PM
There is no season besides Hockey Season in our house...(ok I'll sneak in some college b-ball, but only tourny time).

We got NHL Center Ice last season so DH could actually watch the Leafs more than 2x, plus watch the Canadian coverage, which is far superior, sorry to say. I miss Don Cherry. I miss his jackets. I miss his pompous attitude. And I don't have my satellite anymore either... :crying:

cheesiesmom
08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I miss Don Cherry. I miss his jackets. I miss his pompous attitude

We live just North of Detroit and grew up with CBC as a regular channel. I love Hockey Night in Canada. Had to write the network when they threatened not to re-sign Don. I wonder if he'll be back this year.

My husband is all bent 'cause the Wings are only scheduled to play the Leafs like once this year. He thinks original 6 teams should be played more. The tradition thing is really big here.

What did we do last year??? There was much moaning and gnashing of teeth every Saturday night at 7 p.m. CBC must have played the Godfather series about a zillion times to fill the broadcast time.

Every Detroit home game that is televised they show this sweet old lady in her red and white knitting through the entire game.

Knitters have such good taste (or maybe hockey fans have good taste)!!
And I've gotten completely carried away again at the prospect of a season. :lol:

punkhippiemom
08-25-2005, 01:14 PM
OK, DH is getting a Flyer's sweater knitted to look like a jersey...this will be my first sweater, and my first attempt at any colorwork besides stripes...I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to Michael's prolly tomorrow to find yarn (if I go anywhere else I will spend way too much money) and get some new circs...
We live just North of Detroit...
How "just north of Detroit?" Ferndale? Oak Park?

aliassak
08-25-2005, 10:23 PM
OK, DH is getting a Flyer's sweater knitted to look like a jersey...

Ok, I so want to see this when you get it finished!!! I had hockey locally last year thanks to our USHL team. And after reading this thread, I want a jersey too in case I score some tickets this season. Hmmmm... Like I really need another project... :rollseyes:

cheesiesmom
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM

I grew up in Detroit, but we've lived in Macomb Township (in the Mt. Clemens area) forever.

I must say you are really daring. Wouldn't doing the design be more like intarsia or Fair Isle? Better pick up some bobbins, too. I can't wait to see the finished project.

I suppose as long as you read the chart in the correct direction and carry the yarn over without any holes, you can't go wrong. And you've got, what, 6 weeks before the season starts? :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
08-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I suppose as long as you read the chart in the correct direction and carry the yarn over without any holes, you can't go wrong. And you've got, what, 6 weeks before the season starts?
:roflhard: Yeah, as long as I do it right, I should be ok...I love my husband, but not that much...he's getting it for Xmas, not a day before...That's one of the reasons I picked the Flyers instead of the Eagles logo... :rollseyes: less colors, less detail, less of a PITA.

I lived in Oakland County almost my whole life, my mom's from Downriver ( Lincoln Park? I think) and my dad grew up in Ferndale. I miss MI a lot, but PA's definitely a happy medium.

roxyquiksilver34
09-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Go RANGERS

WOOP!

punkhippiemom
09-16-2005, 11:14 PM
:rollseyes: OK, OK.... I had the bright idea of possibly making DH a squares blanket with every team logo in the NHL on it.. If I do, I'll PM you the Rangers chart..

JGM
09-23-2005, 06:37 PM
OK, DH is getting a Flyer's sweater knitted to look like a jersey...this will be my first sweater, and my first attempt at any colorwork besides stripes...I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to Michael's prolly tomorrow to find yarn (if I go anywhere else I will spend way too much money) and get some new circs...
We live just North of Detroit...

INSPIRATION......I am a Wings fan as well and I was also bemoaning the fact that the Winged Wheel would be might hard to chart....but punkhippiemom's Flyer's sweater gave me the ingenious thought that Wings fans could make the old school Original Six sweater that simply had DETROIT across the front with various stripes of red and white....I simply MUST try this.... :-D

--------
lol at roxyquiksilver34 ....pfffft the Rangers....ha! they suck! always will!
--------

GO WINGS!!!

JGM
09-24-2005, 11:38 AM
:rollseyes: OK, OK.... I had the bright idea of possibly making DH a squares blanket with every team logo in the NHL on it.. If I do, I'll PM you the Rangers chart..

If you do, you HAVE to post pics.

punkhippiemom
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
:roflhard: OK, check back next year LOL... That's actually a little too ambitious for me, but maybe all the Philly teams would work...

JGM - :shock: :heart: :shock: LOVE that jersey.... :thinking: may have to make myself a present...

(btw... have already started on a winged wheel chart! :thumbsup: )

JGM
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
:roflhard: OK, check back next year LOL... That's actually a little too ambitious for me, but maybe all the Philly teams would work...

JGM - :shock: :heart: :shock: LOVE that jersey.... :thinking: may have to make myself a present...

(btw... have already started on a winged wheel chart! :thumbsup: )

Can you post or PM when you finish the winged wheel? :pray:

JGM
09-24-2005, 05:53 PM
punkhippiemom...where did you get the photo to make your flyers chart? Also, how did you make it? I know knitty.com has instructions...just wondering. Thanks!

punkhippiemom
09-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I am about halfway on the winged wheel... Slow going right now, because I'm up to my ears in baby presents (SIL due in Nov., sister's due in Dec. :rollseyes: ) and Christmas stuff right now, but I'll be sure and let you know when I finish it.
I got the pic (http://shop.nhl.com/largeImage/index.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//NHL.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1783316dt.jpg)from the Flyer's website, cut and pasted what I wanted onto knitters graph paper from Brown Fox Fibers (http://www.brownfox.com/knit-graph.htm) that I had converted into a bitmap image. (Here's a tip - once you have it saved as a bmp, use the fill feature in paint to makes the lines gray, rather than black - much easier to see on top of your image)

The photo sits on top of the graph paper, and I just connected the graph lines using the line drawing feature, then filled in the boxes completely with whatever color was mostly present in the box. I went back and tweaked it a little (because the image wasn't exactly even) and there you have the Flyer's chart. The Wings chart is a lot (!!!!) harder than the Flyer's chart was, because of the circles...

This takes a lot of time, but was pretty rewarding in the end. Another good way that I've heard of is to get your graph paper printed on a transparency (like they use for overhead projecters) - because that way you can just lay it over the pic you want to chart, and wipe it clean when you're finished with it.

cheesiesmom
09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
I keep checking in on this thread. I'm really anxious to see your finished project.

MaryS
09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi PHM,

When you get the Red Wings Wheel done I'd love a copy of the chart too!

I'm not much of a hockey fan, (college football is my sport), but oldest DD and DS are both HUGE Wings fans.
DS's room was wallpapered in Wings logos!

To JGM and cheesiesmom, I'm in Troy!

Mary

punkhippiemom
09-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I keep checking in on this thread. I'm really anxious to see your finished project.

:oops: I better get to work then.... Picking up the yarn fo DBIL's hat today... They have Simply Soft in orange- altho it may be a bit bright for the Flyer's logo, it'll have to work, it's the only orange I've seen! :help: (You would think with it being fall and all, that orange and burgundy and navy would be all over the place, but noooooo.....)

Worked some more on the Wings logo, it's either gonna be huge or it'll have to be worked in DK or sportweight... I hate teeny needles...

cheesiesmom
09-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey MaryS/JMG,

I'm in Macomb Township (M-59 corridor). What lys do you frequent?

JGM
09-27-2005, 06:49 PM
LOL! LYS! :roflhard: ...my lys thus far in my short knitting career has been Meijer and :shock: Walmart (but only because Meijer didn't have a color I needed!). I started out knitting with acrylic because I didn't know any better and it was cheap. Anyways, I recently received an order from Knitpicks so you can breathe easier. :) I did find a LYS in downtown Rochester called Skeins on Main (http://www.skeinsonmain.com/) that looked pretty cool. I only walked around a few times because I was too intimidated/naive to buy anything. Other than Michael's and JoAnn's, that's about the limit of my knowledge on LYSs.

punkhippiemom
09-27-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm getting all nostalgic reading this... I lived in Oakland County for almost twenty years, basically my whole life ;) .... check out Ferndale, if you don't mind driving that far, and possibly Clarkston... They were always good for those crafty little stores...

punkhippiemom
09-27-2005, 10:05 PM
OK, maybe not, but I found this one (http://www.knitknitknit.com/)in W Bloomfield - - - oooh, and this one (http://www.craftylady-mi.com/)is actually in Macomb...

cheesiesmom
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
My DD's current flame just bought a house on Harris in Ferndale. So, I imagine she'll be spending a lot of time there. Ferndale's become quite the 'in' place and it's cheaper than Royal Oak.

I live right near Crafty Lady. They're very nice, although I must admit I get intimidated by all these places, too. But, it's fun just walking around the store and squeezing the yarn. I get my needles there, because they have such a nice assortment of bamboo. I bought some Plymouth Sunsette (cotton blend) for a shrug that I made for my DD. The hand of the yarn was to die for. It only took 2 skeins so it wasn't a great big investment. I think in November, Sally Melville is going to be at the store for a personal appearance. I have her first book "Knit Stitch" and am wondering if I could get in for an autograph.

I also found Indigo Rose at Van Dyke and 17 Mile. They are really nice and really helpful. Lot's of goodies there too.

My DD works in Birmingham and says there are a couple of places there and in R.O., but again, I think I might be intimidated not so much by the skill level as by the money level. Somehow I don't think I'd feel comfortable at a "country club" yarn shop.

The Meijer's by me never has a lot, I refuse to shop at Walmart (it's a political thingy), so Joann's and Michael are really my mainstay, too. I tend to be addicted to Lion Brand because they have some nice yarns at reasonable prices (I love Wool-ease; but not Homespun). I like Knitpicks, but the local places are really necessary for a quick yarn fix!!

PHM, as I get older, I can't imagine anyone getting nostalgic over a Michigan Winter (3 months away). The only good thing about it is...
HOCKEY SEASON!!!

I'm wondering if I could do the winged wheel for a pillow for my DS. We'll have to see. I'm not too sure about my abilities.

How nice to find not only knitting addicts here, but Wingnuts, too!! :D

punkhippiemom
09-27-2005, 11:05 PM
:roflhard: Trust me, I'll take a MI winter over a Florida summer any year!!

oh yeah, hockey season, I can almost taste it....

MaryS
09-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi,

I've been to Skeins on Main, just to look and fiberbate. I was looking for a particular Lorna's Laces yarn, but they didn't carry it. (They'd never heard of KH either!) I've also been to The Knitting Room in B'ham, but the B'ham LYS I like best is Right Off the Sheep on Old Woodward. The salespeople were really friendly and helpful, answering questions about lots of different self-patterning sock yarns, and they had a good selection of "basic" yarns in different weights, and the prices weren't astronomical. At some stores it seems like they have so many different specialty yarns that I can't find plain old worsted or DK weight wool! And even if you can often the color selection leaves something to be desired.

These days my favorite 'LYS' are: Knitpicks and Knitwerx!

One of these days I want to visit Ewe-nique Knits in Royal Oak, but I haven't had time lately (or $$, but that's another story).

Good to see more Michiganders here. Maybe one day we can plan a Meet and Knit like Illinois does.

Happy Knitting :XX:

Mary

roxyquiksilver34
10-01-2005, 08:51 PM

Hee hee - it was a nice thought anyhoo :D

I've been hearing "Rangers suck" for many years before 1994 and many years since then. I'm pretty much oblivious to it - does not change the fact that I am still a fan ;)

...(college football is my sport)...

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Hee hee :)

woop!

woop!

:happydance: :XX:

oshnpashn
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
GO KINGS GO!!!

JGM
10-18-2005, 08:17 PM
PHM...status report on the winged wheel? Just curious and I didn't want this thread to die.

GO WINGS!

cheesiesmom
10-19-2005, 09:51 AM
The Wings are 5 and 1 for the season. Osgood is supposed to be back by Fri, but with Legace in 'net, maybe Ozzie will stay injured for a while longer. Yzerman's groin injury is still acting up and Draper is iffy because of an injury to the orbital bone....OH, you mean the pattern! :blush:

JGM
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
LOL that's funny! Thanks for the update tho!

they're actually 6-1 :)

punkhippiemom
10-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah Wings!!!
I love hockey season...
I'm still only about 1/2 done with the chart - in order to get all the detail in, I had to make it pretty big, and I was getting ready to go to Florida, and then spent a week in Florida, and then had to spend another week in Florida, and now I have to find a job too, because DH"s going to be out of work for at least a month... sigh.... but I have been working on, when I can... :(

JGM
10-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh man, that sucks. Good luck on the job hunt! :pray:

punkhippiemom
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
:( I've only been able to watch one game this season, so far...
but at least I've got my memories :rollseyes:
2/3 done with the Wings chart, and going strong!!!
don't stop me now...

cheesiesmom
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't know what we'd watch if there wasn't a hockey season again. Probably basketball, but you only have to watch the last two minutes of the game. Saturday nights we flip between the Wings game and HNIC. Don Cherry is back and sartorially splendid as ever. And I can follow the game and still knit with no problem.

Have you gotten anywhere on your hockey blanket or were you able to use the Flyers logo on something else? I'd love to see it made up.

punkhippiemom
11-09-2005, 12:02 AM
:shifty: actually, we ran out of money before I ran out of ideas... LOL my eyes were bigger than my bank account. :rollseyes:
I'm throwing in the towel as far as DH's jersey is concerned, I'm going to make him and his brother matching beanies instead... I can get those done in about a day or so... now I'm back off on the great yarn hunt.
You would think with it being fall and halloween and all, that orange yarn would abound, but it looks like I'm going to have to special order or dye it myself.

chele
11-18-2005, 08:05 PM
My brother-in-law is a huge Flyers fan and I would love to use this pattern in a hat for him. I'm a very new knitter and I was wondering which two-color method the more experienced of you out there would suggest. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Vendie
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
OMG I totally forgot about this thread!!!

I haven't been keeping up on hockey at all this season. I haven't even been able to watch my Colts, let alone any hockey. :crying:

We HAVE to get cable before the Olympics!

GO LEAFS!

punkhippiemom
11-20-2005, 02:17 PM
We HAVE to get cable before the Olympics! :roflhard: @FG - Yes, you do!
:( I have only been able to watch 3 Bucs games this season because we moved out of the market, and I've sonly seen bits and pieces of various hockey games... life is interrupting my sports!! :lol:

chele - because it's such a small chart, I think intarsia would probably be the best bet ( this is where you add your color where the pattern begins rather than stranding it behind the other main color), fair-isle (stranding) is better for repeated patterns.