PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody notice...Knitpicks

brendajos
08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
the ad is up on the pattern site!! let's shop! ;)

koolbreeze
08-23-2005, 10:20 AM
i saw it!!!

MaryB
08-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks, Brenda! I was watching for the KnitPicks addition. I did not think to look there.

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:17 AM
:cheering: :cheering:
And I'm lovin' the actual ad. It's pretty! :)

amy
08-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Oops! That wasn't supposed to go live until we had the rest of their ads ready! :lol: Well, lucky, you, shop away! :thumbsup: At least this one was launched on schedule, the others will be another day or two.

Thanks to everyone who's waited until the ad was up. Any items you add to your cart via that link, I will get a percentage for when you purchase; for up to a week after you've added them to your cart I believe.

Coming soon: knitpicks ad on the forum and on the free pattern content pages.

foldedbird
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
:balloons: :present: :present: :balloons:

The gals from the knitting group and I will be shopping and chatting tonight from Amy's ads here at KH. Total shameless plugging I've been doing to the group. JOIN US!

We'll be right here in the chat room at KH at 8 est, clicking away and shopping. The Ya Yas are going to be shopping for our Palloween swap, if'n ya want to participate show up with your charge cards!!!

Denise

kemp
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I must be blind...I can't find it.

foldedbird
08-23-2005, 11:50 AM
The ad is right here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/free_patterns/

brendajos
08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
well it's on the free patterns tab above the books. but here's a question. can you see the one at the top of the forums? if not then you probably have your ad blocker turned on so they won't show up. I had to turn mine off on this site a while back for something that wouldn't show up (yeah i have no idea what it was anymore) but i did test it the other day when Kelly couldn't see the knitwerx ad and that was definitly knocking out that ad at least on my end.

kemp
08-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Um, DUH. :oops: Yes I had on my add blocker. Thanks for solving my mystery. Off to shop now :)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
FINALLY!!!!! I have been waiting for this one forEVER.

Amy, I think you should give a prize to the person who earns you the most money :-)

GlenBoRTR
08-23-2005, 07:28 PM
I bet I'll win Hilde... I'm up to about $200.00 in my wish list (so far... still looking)...

KellyK
08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
DONE!! :cheering:

68 skeins of WOTA for Christmas FT clogs, and 15 color cards (I think that's ALL of them, well, except the sock yarns)! :happydance:

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
68 skeins of WOTA for Christmas FT clogs, and 15 color cards (I think that's ALL of them, well, except the sock yarns)! :shock: you must love these people very much, Kelly...

I would never have seen the ad, except that I'm trying to make up my Christmas list too :wall: - I agree, it is a pretty ad, can't wait to see it on the main forum!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-23-2005, 10:04 PM
holy POO KK!!! That's like 150 bucks, right????

still CHEAP. I got my color cards last week... they are FABULOUS!!!!!! Going to order now....

KellyK
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, yeah, but that's ALL of my Christmas shopping!

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, yeah, but that's ALL of my Christmas shopping!

Now just the final touches. . . . :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: etc.

KellyK
08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Now just the final touches. . . . :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: etc.
Yo.

brendajos
08-30-2005, 01:27 AM
up and prominent now! for all of us lazy clickers who don't wanna go look for it (and by us i mostly mean me!) at most we have to refresh off the forums now cuz it is interchangeable with knitwirx! WOO HOOO!!!

cuz yeah i nead reasons to shop.....must.....be.....goood..... :wall:

KellyK
08-30-2005, 07:38 AM
LOVE the new KP ad!!!!! PREEETY! Makes me want me some Suri Dream! (OMG...I know which of their yarns that is in the pic....does that make me a sick individual? :shock: )

(And, this one doesnt take up so much room at the top & cause the need for extra scrolling....)

amy
08-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Isn't the ad PURTY? :heart: I love it. I was so excited to get it from them yesterday. I'm in love with suri dream too. :inlove: those colors looks great in the ad, I want all of them!

I think it's so great that they're willing to custom make ads for this site! I asked them to make me a special ad for the Free Patterns content pages, that divides their yarn into the different weight classes. For easy substitution of yarns! :thumbsup: It should be ready later this week.

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 09:25 AM
That is a great idea!

KellyK
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Are they gonna do any "contests" for us soon???

rebecca
08-30-2005, 11:57 AM
OMGosh, you can actually link to my socks from here!! Not directly..but it's still COOOOOL!!!
Okay, ya'll saw my haul...mine was palette, this time....thinking about next!! I'm definitely getting my software from KP, but that's not until Dec....WHO KNOWS what could happen between now & THEN :thumbsup:

KellyK
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
What software???

amy
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Could it be Sweater Wizard 3.0 perhaps? I got that from Knitpicks, and saved $20 from the retail price. Definitely the best price around! Love :heart: that software, btw. You can try out a demo of it online here (http://www.software4knitting.com/psweaterwizard/demo1.htm).

Julie
08-30-2005, 05:08 PM
:roflhard: I knew it was Suri Dream right away too....had to go and fondle my color card!

punkhippiemom
08-31-2005, 12:44 AM
I have to say, that just from the ads, not from anything that I saw on the website, I would probably go with Knit Picks over Knitwerx... The Knit Pics ad is soooo :heart: pretty; the Knitwerx one isn't bad, it's just grainy and looks kind of slapped together - my $0.02, in case the sponsors want to know...

KellyK
08-31-2005, 08:26 AM
:roflhard: I knew it was Suri Dream right away too....had to go and fondle my color card!
I hope it was good for you, Jul.... :eyebrow:

:roflhard: