PDA

View Full Version : Addi Turbo Needles

kc
08-23-2005, 03:24 PM
If you were going to buy one of these, which size/length do you think would be most useful (say for blankets)?

brendajos
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
i don't know i think i would check patterns first and see what patterns you like and what they call for. i typically use a 29 or 36 inch circ and anywhere from 13-17 in size. now that being said, i have abandoned every afghan i have started because they reeeeeeeally bore me! I know a lot of people make them and love them but i feel like poking my eyes out with the sticks wouldn't be so bad. mostly cuz i am an instant gratification kinda girl too....i need to be able to see progress very quickly to be happy! :rollseyes:

ummm....and yeah i started knitting to make afghans and socks. i haven't finished an afghan nor knitted a single sock (unless booties count! ;) ) but i have had lotsa fun with the stuff i have made! :D

Julie
08-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Do check eBay for Addis...they are so stinkin' expensive at an LYS!! :D

amy
08-23-2005, 04:16 PM
EZ recommends size 16" and 24" as the most practical two lengths. She says she's fit huge shawls on her 24", and I think she also said blankets.

I've not checked eBay, but I knitwerx (our new advertiser) sells them for far cheaper than any other retailer I've seen.