PDA

View Full Version : OT: Questions game

Pages : [1] 2 3

Silver
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
The rules:
Answer the question in the previous post, and post another question for the next person. Simple, eh?

What's your lucky number?

Sara
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
4. Our family battle cry: Semper Felix! Our family motto: (can't remember the Latin at the moment) Don't plan--cope!

What type of salad dressing do you like?

Joel
08-25-2005, 06:02 PM
What type of salad dressing do you like?

Well.... I must qualify this answer... the ones that I like the most... (i.e. Ranch) I can't have.

So out of the ones I can have.... probably Dorthy Lynch... Thousand Island, and a couple from Emeril.

Next Question: How long have you been online? (Meaning total... not just today.)

koolbreeze
08-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Next Question: How long have you been online? (Meaning total... not just today.)

if i'm answering this right...about 10 yrs... in collage, i went 2 a small collage in the middle of nowhere and my freshman year in 95/96 they were still using DOS. but some other small collage was using it too so we got to chat with them!

Whats for dinner?

feministmama
08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Whats for dinner?

turkey burger

Whats yer method of transportation: bike, bus, car, walk, surfboard....

Vendie
08-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Since I live in the middle of nowhere and there is no public transportation, I relunctantly have to say car...but at least it's gas efficient...

What's your favorite flower?

brendajos
08-25-2005, 07:44 PM

Tulips

When was the last time you walked into an LYS and didn't buy anything?

Ingrid
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
:roflhard: Good one! How about a real question! :roflhard:

koolbreeze
08-25-2005, 08:39 PM

Tulips

When was the last time you walked into an LYS and didn't buy anything?

i did once. it was my first time. only because i was overwelmed by all the different and pretty yarns... and the prices. i guess i expected something like the yarn isle @ walmart.

what tv show's new season can't u wait to start next month?

Ingrid
08-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Medium. I love that show.

What's your favorite kind of sandwich?

rebecca
08-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Sub that I make at home with real (from baker) whole wheat bread with a dab of spicy mustard, dab of light mayo, pickle, ham, turkey, swiss, light cheddar (both lite), shredded lettuce, pepper & bit of salt.

What is the next thing that you would like to learn about knitting...next new technique; and what do you want to make with this newly learned tech.? Or...if you already know everything (WOW, 1st of all!!)...then what is THE project that you most want to make?
Price is no object here.

Silver
08-25-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm not saying that I know everything there is to know about knitting, but...I want to make the Osterdalen 2004 set for me.
:heart:

What's your favorite food or meal?

rebecca
08-25-2005, 09:06 PM
keeewwwwwlllll LOVE IT!! (I think u know everything about knitting, Sil)
sorry...had to make a comment...don't have a question...oops :oops:

GlenBoRTR
08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
My favorite meal would be a BIG plate of Nachoes...!! I haven't had them ever since I've been on a low carb diet (about 3 years now).... :help:

Q: What's your favorite animal?? :heart:

Ingrid
08-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Elephants, because they take good care of each other.

What do you like most about your job?

knitqueen
08-25-2005, 10:00 PM
What do you like most about your job?

Lots of hugs, kisses, and giggles! :heart: (I stay at home with my two boys :lol: )

What's your favorite season of the year?

jodstr2
08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
winter. it's cold. I like cold. I hate hot.

what is the name of your elementary school?

Ingrid
08-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Our Lady of Mercy
PS 26
PS 41
Suncook Elementary
PS 16

We moved a lot

Where did you go to high school?

koolbreeze
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Manure High School.

Just kidding it is McClure High School... but our enemies called us the above.

Do you watch Rescue Me? and if so why isn't the dead fireman's widow pregnant anymore or should i ask what happened to her baby?

Debbie
08-26-2005, 08:12 AM
reading, shopping, decorating, knitting --- I am a pk-8th grade school librarian :) and I sponsor our after school knitting club !

When you shop, even at the grocery store, does every product have "knitting potential" ? ... the box is the exact size for needles, the on sale earrings would be perfect row markers, that purse would be a great project bag, those skewers fit perfectly into the #2 needle gauge hole ....

edit .... oops, I forgot to check the next page for questions

Sara
08-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry, Carmell, I'm not familiar with that show. Hopefully someone else can answer.

And YES, everything has potential for knitting! I walked outside a few evenings ago and looked up at the sky. It was breathtaking with crystal blue, pink and lavender in the sunset. I said, "OMG, I wish I had yarn that color." My 16yo turned to me and said, "Mom, if you ever have a yarn store, you need to name it Mary Jane since knitting is so addictive." :shock:

My first impulse was to smack her upside the back of her head because she knew what mary jane is, but I realized that it was better than having her first thought of an addictive substance be "smack". So I refrained from beating her and lmao instead. :rofling:

What movie are you going to see tonight?

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I won't be going to any movies tonight. I don't go to the movies anymore unless it's to take a g'kid or two. I've become accustomed to knitting while I watch movies. I don't think I could sit in a darkened theater for two hours without thinking that I could have waited a few weeks and watched this in the comfort of my own home, needles in hand.

I had a new student last year that had peacock-blue hair. My first thought was that I wanted yarn in that color!

Do you feel self-conscious when you wear something you've knit out in public?

KellyK
08-26-2005, 09:36 AM
"The Life of Birds"....

DH & I just signed up for NetFlix and they have the most AWESOME selection of nature documentaries! I know, we're a couple of birdwatching GEEKS, but at least we're geeks TOGETHER!! :shifty:

What did you wanna be when you "grew up", why, and did life work out that way??

feministmama
08-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Do you watch Rescue Me? and if so why isn't the dead fireman's widow pregnant anymore or should i ask what happened to her baby?

She had a miscarriage. We don't know why. She was in the grocery store and started bleeding and passed out. Then she pretended she was still pregnant cuz she didn't know how to tell Tommy. But he found out from the doctor and got really pissed at her. Then she started dating that woman to get back at Tommy for being pissed at her and now she's pretending that her girlfriend beat her up so she can get Tommy back but he's not falling for it. Now the dead fireman is buggin Tommy to get her pregnant again.

I watch too much TV

Silver
08-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Since Ingrid and Kelly posted at the same time, I'll answer both:
Do you feel self-conscious when you wear something you've knit out in public?Never! I love to wear what I knit, and I wait and hope that someone compliments me on it so I can tell them that I knit it myself. :)

What did you wanna be when you "grew up", why, and did life work out that way??As a little girl, I wanted to be a veterinarian. (Don't we all?) But that changed when I was in highschool. I wanted to become a mom and wife. And yes, it's worked out very well. :heart:

Do you like thunderstorms? The kind with wind, heavy rain and lightning?

koolbreeze
08-26-2005, 10:07 AM
thank you femi!! i was this week. i hate it when shows take a break cause when the new ones come on i'm so used to not see them that i forget it back on! like Dead Zone. i totally forgot about it.

yes i feel self conscious when i wear things that i've made and it usally has a short life unless it is really good and i really like it.

i wanted to be a housewife/mother, because that what my mother did. i'm doing it now and i am having second thought... but maybe thats because of the DH... :thinking:

how many pets do you have?

koolbreeze
08-26-2005, 10:08 AM
dang... silver beat me

i'll just keep it going...

Do you like thunderstorms? The kind with wind, heavy rain and lightning?

yes, i love them. and they are cool to watch.

how many pets do you have?

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
how many pets do you have? Let's See: ... :thinking: There's ....
Smokey
Ocelot
Stimpy
Randy
Hershey
Rena
Stanley
Amos
Andrew
Bob
Pepe Le Pew

Eleven!! :happydance:

Next Question How many people in your family also knit??

KellyK
08-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Next Question How many people in your family also knit??
NONE, as far as I know. Isnt that SAD? I have an Aunt in Alabama who crochets the most BEAUTIFUL doilies! She makes me one every Christmas...the last one had our initial in it!

Next Question: EKG, Are all of those 11 pets FISH??? :shock:

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Next Question: EKG, Are all of those 11 pets FISH??? :shock: Well no ... Smokey and Ocelot are kitties; the rest are fish. :mrgreen:

Next Question: Are you a martial artist, wrestler, biker, firefighter, or cop?

Jackie M.
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
None of the above, unless you want to count "wrestler". When I get tangled up in yarn, having to frog, and make a bigger mess, it looks like I'm wrestling something.

Next Question: Have you traveled to more than 5 states in the U.S.? Any means of transportation accepted.

brendajos
08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
yah...i think i have even lived in more than five states....lemme think...yup...lived in six

what's for lunch?

Jeremy
08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Two apples.
What is your favorite kind of yarn?

knitqueen
08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Next Question: Have you traveled to more than 5 states in the U.S.? Any means of transportation accepted.

Had to answer this one, because I don't even live in the U.S. I've been to, let's see.....Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota.....six states.

Have you been to Canada???? ;) If so, where, and what did you think??

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
When I was about 4, my father decided to move the family to Canada. We went by train, and I remember waking up to see cows out the window. Being from the city, this was a big deal.

The problem was, according to my family, that I didn't eat anything for the whole trip. So we came back. Me? I just wasn't hungry. :rollseyes:

Since lines here got crossed again, I'll repeat the last question

What is your favorite yarn?

Silver
08-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Favorite brand or type? I have to say my favorite type is a soft plied 100% wool. My favorite brand... um... that's like asking which of my kids I love more. :??

Answering a previous question here.. last summer, DH, the kids and I drove from florida, to Canada, stopping in NYC and Niagara Falls. For the whole round trip, we went through 13 states and 2 provinces! :)

NEXT QUESTION: Are you a morning, noon or night person?

brendajos
08-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Favorite brand or type? I have to say my favorite type is a soft plied 100% wool. My favorite brand... um... that's like asking which of my kids I love more. :??

Answering a previous question here.. last summer, DH, the kids and I drove from florida, to Canada, stopping in NYC and Niagara Falls. For the whole round trip, we went through 13 states and 2 provinces! :)

NEXT QUESTION: Are you a morning, noon or night person?

umm...which of your kids did you love more after THAT trip? ;)

i am absolutely a night owl. unfortunately my alarm starts going off at 6:30am. doesn't seem to get me to bed any sooner...*sigh*

What are your plans this weekend?

Carol_OH
08-26-2005, 01:36 PM
I've driven across the country (Ohio to CA) by myself! THe trip of a lifetime! I heartly recommend doing it!)

I'm a morning person - when I don't have to work late nights.

What color is your natural hair color?

Carol_OH
08-26-2005, 01:37 PM
dang, cross posted with brenda ! :)

brendajos
08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
I've driven across the country (Ohio to CA) by myself! THe trip of a lifetime! I heartly recommend doing it!)

I'm a morning person - when I don't have to work late nights.

What color is your natural hair color?

that's okay i will answer that. medium to dark brown.

what are your plans this weekend?

Silver
08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
umm...which of your kids did you love more after THAT trip?LOL!!! Actually, it was a VERY nice trip!

Of course, we had 2 gameboys, lots of books, snacks, and a portable DVD player with about a billion different movies. LOL

Silver
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
what are your plans this weekend?
We're going out to dinner tonight for my best friend's birthday. Mongolian Barbeque! MMMMMM After that, I plan to knit all weekend. :mrgreen:

NEXT QUESTION: BESIDES KnittingHelp, what's your favorite website to spend time at?

brendajos
08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
umm...which of your kids did you love more after THAT trip?LOL!!! Actually, it was a VERY nice trip!

Of course, we had 2 gameboys, lots of books, snacks, and a portable DVD player with about a billion different movies. LOL

sheeesh if only we had all that when i was a kid. i remember when we were getting ready to go on vacation mom would buy me a couple of new books and a puzzle book for the car and whatever junk my brother wanted (after 15 years of car trips i don't even remember what my brother did to occupy himself besides bug me.) Those lasted to the Iowa border and i was bored. (mind you we are an hour from one of those borders ;)) I remember a trip to the black hills where i laid down in the back seat to take a nap while we were driving and mom told me i should sit up and look. i was 11...all i could see was trees. Of course i told her that and she said that we don't have that at home. My brilliant self reminded her that we have a nice big grove in the back yard!...lol. It really is surprising that i wasn't a beaten child.

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
[...]NEXT QUESTION: BESIDES KnittingHelp, what's your favorite website to spend time at?

IMDB (www.imdb.com) :D

Next Question: What is your biggest phobia? (if you don't mind sharing :shifty:)

LisaD715
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a HUGE fear of spiders. Doesn't matter the size, or any of that, the only ones I am positive will not hurt me are the daddy long legs. The boys have to come kill them for me, I am even afraid to kill them. Yes, I know I am a big baby. :D

What drives you craziest about your job? (and stay at home mom's, you can answer too.....you work harder than all of us who work outside the home.)

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 03:37 PM
What drives you craziest about your job? Oh GAWD!! Don't get me started. How's about I say EVERYTHING and leave it at that. :lol:

Next Question Who's the knitter in Jeepers Creepers II??? :devil:

knitqueen
08-26-2005, 03:41 PM
What drives you craziest about your job? (and stay at home mom's, you can answer too.....you work harder than all of us who work outside the home.)

I am a stay at home mom....what drives me craziest is the human alarm clock at early morning hours. It would be one thing if I had a job that I KNEW I'd have to get up at 6am or 6:30am or whatever, but the unpredictability of that and when I'M not done sleeping yet (you know, it is all about me ;) :rollseyes: ) drives me crazy and makes me grumpy some days.

Next question: Who taught you how to knit?

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Next question: Who taught you how to knit? Whoops! Overlap :lol:

I taught me to knit ... sort of ... long story short: I couldn't figure out the pictures in my learn to knit book (this was before I found kh). I asked a co-worker at the time if she knew how to knit. She taught me knit; she taught me purl; I taught me the rest ... :cheering:

Next Question I gotta do it ... :mrgreen: Who's the knitter in Jeeper's Creepers II? C'mon knit fans of the world ... :rofl:

Carol_OH
08-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Next Question I gotta do it ... :mrgreen: Who's the knitter in Jeeper's Creepers II? C'mon knit fans of the world ... :rofl:

don't know, but looking forward to seeing the answer (didn't see II, but loved I)

amy
08-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Sorry, EKG, I rarely watch movies, and never ever scary ones unless they're by M. Night Shyamalan; I can't resist his movies since I saw The Sixth Sense. Scared the begeebies out of me, and I loved every moment. :heart:

Next question, for the moms. Okay, this is kind of a biggie, but it's where I'm at:

Did you ever have second thoughts when considering whether to have kids? If so, what made you decide to have them?

(please excuse the background noise; biological clocks can be loud sometimes. :shifty:)

Anne
08-28-2005, 02:54 AM
DH and i were married in Nov and i had my first child in August. Yep, 9 months later. We were thrilled even though it was not planned.

6 years later we had our 2nd child. 2 years after that we had our 3rd.

43 years ago i dont know if couples "planned" children. If it happened it happened..

Unfortunately, i was not able to have more children after my 3rd child. If i could have i would of had 2 more.

DH and i never gave it second thought to having children.

I can't imagine my life without my children and grandchildren. What a boring life i would have.

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 11:57 AM
didn't plan any of mine, but i wasn't married with the first 3. i wouln't have a baby daddy. i think i have more regretes about gettin married if anything. i would have stayed single and had my kids ! :happydance: i don't regrat having my kids i do regret not doing a lot of stuff before i had them. so if you are happy with where u r and having kids won't hinder what your have planned for the future... then i say go for it. but if you are having doubts NOW... then wait.
since Anne did't ask a question, i'll aske

What is your Sunday tradition? Like do you cook a big dinner, or lay around all day under DH, or housework, yard work, go to moms or inlaws, laundry... you get the picture!! :thumbsup:

jodstr2
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
my Sunday tradition is to stay home and do pretty much nothing. wake up late, read the paper and knit quietly til the guys wake up, make breakfast (usually frozen waffles or something), lounge, make lunch (or if DH is feeling generous he'll go out and get us deli sandwiches), take a nap.

who is your favorite non-knitting book author?

knitwit
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Great ?'s everyone! It's a toss up for my favorite author- if I want a fast fun read Janet Evanovich is fun if I want something a little more involved and suspenseful I like James Patterson & Michael Grisham.

If you can't or don't want to knit, what's your next favorite thing to do?

koolbreeze
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
make a BABY QUILT!! :cheering: i love making baby quilts. i have made any bigger yet. but those aren't as special to me. anyway i just made one the other day. very rewarding :heart: :heart:

if you don't know all the stiches there is to know in knitting... what stich would u like to learn?

amy
08-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks Anne and Carmell for your answers. Glad I didn't hijack the thread as I feared. :)

I'd love to do a project with Linen Stitch (http://ashidome.com/blogger/archive_craftystitch.asp?c=15). Looks boring at first, but the effect is cool: It looks like weaving instead of knitting. Not difficult, but I've never done it. There's a gorgeous hat and mittens set that uses it, "Furlana Hat & Mittens" in Interweave Knits, Fall 2003 (http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/back_issues/F_03.asp). I'm thinking of making it for myself; if so I'll post to my blog thread!

Gotta answer the previous question too: my favorite author is Laurie R. King. She does mostly mysteries, including a great Sherlock Holmes series where the main character is an American girl who matches wits with him and befriends him. The language, plot, and character development are excellent; a real pleasure to read. Series starts with The Beekeeper's Apprentice (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553571656/qid=1125283677/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6678027-2938347?v=glance&s=books&n=507846). Don't read any reviews of the books, because many give away a major plot point of book 2!

Next Q:
What's your favorite cause or charity?

KellyK
08-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I have several...
1. Greenpeace (http://www.greenpeace.org/international/).
2. National Wildlife Federation (http://nwf.org/)
3. My local animal shelter (Oak Park Animal Care League (http://animalcareleague.org/))
4. The British Home (http://thebritishhome.org/howyoucanhelp.html) (where I work)

I know you all know me as a proud tree-huggin hippie ;) so the first 3 shouldnt be any surprise, but the last one, well, one of the many reasons I love my job SO much is that my coworkers TRULY care about the seniors we serve (they are not all british anymore, btw). We ALL want SO badly to get rid of the stigma surrounding "nursing homes" (no one even USES that phrase anymore, really) and create an environment where folks can remain as independent and active as possible and live DYNAMIC lives in their later years. Sure, we play BINGO, too, but my residents are also learning to speak sign language and Spanish, they create ELEGANT crafts (not just girl-scouty cut-n-paste stuff), take part in SO many other varied activities, and they treat this place like its their REAL home, which it IS! Plus, I am half of the fundraising team...If I dont believe enough in our mission to support it generously, then why should anyone else??

Next question: If you could live ANYWHERE, where & what would your DREAM ENVIRONMENT be?

Silver
08-29-2005, 08:37 AM
It's always been my dream to live in a big gorgeous ranch house on 100+ acres in a good ol' country setting. Something not too far from a town or city, but far enough so I could still see the stars at night. I'd have stables with several horses and a flock of sheep which I would shear myself for wool. And a barn which would serve as DH's workshop and my craftshop. *sigh*

If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be, where would you take them, and why?

jodstr2
08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
I would like to meet my great-grandma Cozie (my dad's mom's mom). she was a feisty woman from the Azores who had a quick wit and made everyone laugh. I can't think of anywhere interesting to take her - I'd probably just have her over for dinner.

what's for breakfast today?

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Tea and coffee for me (my usual AM liquid diet) Kix and bagels for the boys.

If you could keep any hours you wanted, when would you go to bed and get up?

Carol_OH
08-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Next Question Who's the knitter in Jeepers Creepers II??? :devil:

ekgheiy - who is it!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?

*dying to know , pun intended!*

;)

jodstr2
09-01-2005, 01:14 PM
If you could keep any hours you wanted, when would you go to bed and get up?

go to bed around 2300, wake up about 0800.

what was the last "big word" you remember saying out loud?

ekgheiy
09-01-2005, 01:23 PM
what was the last "big word" you remember saying out loud? Do knitting terms count as big words? I think they should 'cause I just love the look on non-knitters' faces when I explain (at their request, of course ;)) the latest pattern I'm knitting.

Question Do your fingers get sore from knitting? (After a long session, mine sure do. But does that stop me? Hells NO!) :happydance:

hedgehog
09-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Question Do your fingers get sore from knitting?

Yes! Not only do my knuckles ache after a long session of knitting but i end up with a bruise at the tip of my right index finger. I tend to push the yarn on my left needle up by pushing the needle back using the pad on my right index finger... After one 7 hour car ride the pad of my finger was red and swollen. I had to buy a thimble!! So i went to Micheal's and bought some of these babies (see pic). It took a little bit of time to get used to it, but now it works like a charm! In fact i forget i have it on - i've lost 2 already that way!!

QUESTION: Who was your favorite elemetary school teacher and why?

Carol_OH
09-01-2005, 02:00 PM
oh I love those thimbles - I'm gonna have to get some...

my fav elementary school teacher? I have two

my first grade teacher, Sister Laura - though all I can really remember about her is from her beaded belt/rosary down! :lol:

my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Winograd. For some reason, she took a shine to me and while working on her masters in art education ,used me as a guinea pig - my fav experience was to draw a horse BEFORE horsebackriding then draw after the experience on a horse! It was my first time on a horse and I loved it!

But then again, what 9 year old girl doesn't love horses?

Who is your hero?

Joel
09-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Who is your hero?

I suppose if i have to have a hero... it would be my Uncle Bill. He's the person I suppose I wanted to be most like growing up.

NEXT QUESTION: How much $ do you spend on yarn per week?

LisaD715
09-01-2005, 10:27 PM
NEXT QUESTION: How much $ do you spend on yarn per week?

Which week?!?!?!? I am trying so hard to be a good girl and use up the yarn I just bought from knitpicks before I buy any more, however, my sister NEEDS a great throw for her new house.... I do try to limit my purchases to needed yarn, and really try to have the project in mind before purchasing, I know, I am a fuddy duddy, but on a budget, I have to be...so I'd say about $10 a week.

What one item would you grab on your way out the door if you had to leave your home and had no idea when you would return? (The family and pets are already out the door.)

Ingrid
09-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Photos. They're the only thing that couldn't be replaced.

Do you feel that if you give a family member a knitted item as a gift, that you have to give them something 'store bought', too? Especially adult kids and their SO's.

MaryS
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
NO WAY!

Adults especially should understand all the thought, planning, and time involved in designing, finding the "right" yarn, and knitting a hand-made gift.

If it really is "the thought that counts" all that time and energy should make it MORE precious than ANY STORE-BOUGHT item.

I'd only add a store bought something if it was meant to go with an outfit like the demin skirt Rebecca was getting to go with the Crayon set for her granddaughter.

(Sorry if this sounds like a soap-box rant, but hand knitting should be appreciated. :oops: )

Anyone besides me who loves to knit while watching football? Joel?

Mary

koolbreeze
09-02-2005, 12:24 PM
i have to answer the question before also...
maybe. i'll put it 2 u like this...i wouldn't waste my time, energy, money, or yarn knitting something for my family outside my kids, hubby, and grandmother. just because i know they would not appreiate it. o and my twin (depends on what it is) and my neice.

yes, i knit during football and any other sport because i don't have to pay attention to know what is going on! :D

did you catch "Prison Break" this week if so did you like it?

jodstr2
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I didn't catch 'Prison Break' - I forgot! :(

what are your knitting plans for the holiday weekend?

Joel
09-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Very simple... I plan to do some... in between cleaning, etc.

NEXT QUESTION:

How many projects do you have on the needles right now?

margie
09-02-2005, 05:55 PM
LAST QUESTION:

How many projects do you have on the needles right now?

Let's see.......I have the front of my first sweater going, a cotton dishrag that I work on when I absolutely have nothing else to work on, and a baby hat for one of my sister's friends.

NEXT QUESTION:

Do you have a cat????:D :inlove: :D

koolbreeze
09-02-2005, 06:01 PM
No, but my sister just got one and her name is Midnight. she is so cute. makes me kind of want one but DH is allergic. i had a pic but erased by accident! :( I just dyed some wool in pink and orange to make a kitty pi for her!!! i'll post pics of the yarn later.

NEXT QUESTION

Whats 4 dinner?

LisaD715
09-02-2005, 07:16 PM
We are having Breakfast for dinner, eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc.....quick and easy on a Friday night!!

Next q: Do you put off household chores to knit?

ekgheiy
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Next q: Do you put off household chores to knit? Hella Yes!! :rofl: Isn't that the law??

Question
What is the most amount of money you've spent on a single Knitting Shopping Session? C'mon ... shock me ... :eyebrow:

punkhippiemom
09-02-2005, 11:34 PM
OK, you wanted to be shocked, here ya go - eight dollars.
Shocked???
I am on a super strict budget, and I haven't allowed myself to buy anything really nice yet (although I did almost forget to pick DS up from school today because I was in ACMoore drooling :oops: ). I stick to Sugar n Cream and Caron Simply Soft for now, they're nice, and affordable.....but this Christmas, there will be bleeding from my credit card....

Ingrid
09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
You shocked me! :shock: Mine's at least $300!

What's your question?

punkhippiemom
09-02-2005, 11:48 PM
oooops...I was so busy wondering what extravagant numbers someone else would have out up there, that I forgot to ask....

What is one of your favorite memories?

LisaD715
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
One of my favorite memories is of my fraternal grandmother. When I was little she would always make me coconut cakes, I loved her coconut cake, (I have NEVER been able to find a recipe half as good as hers - I was a pre-teen when she died so I never thought to ask for her recipe) and playing with her hands. Her hands were gnarled up with arthritis, but I thought they were the most beautiful hands I had ever seen. I still do. I know now she must have been in terrible pain, but when I was little, I equated it with her love for us. The funy thing about it is that she always said I shuld play the piano because my fingers were long and thin. We both had a thing for hands, I suppose. She crocheted, and I still have things she made me when I was little.

I want to continue that question, what is a favorite childhood memory of yours?

punkhippiemom
09-03-2005, 12:08 AM
:) Oh, Lisa, you make me want to laugh and cry at the same time... I remember my grandma used to rub her cheek on mine when she'd give me a kiss, her skin was so soft and she had the tiniest little bit of peachy fuzz ... she'd do it on purpose to tickle me, and she always wore White Linen perfume...I can't smell it without crying, I'm tearing up right now...

OK, a little better....

What was the happiest day you can think of?

margie
09-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Geez, you guys, you're making me get all teary!!!

The happiest day I can think of was the day that I found out I was pregnant with my son. We struggled through several years of infertility and one miscarriage. We finally were blessed to become pregnant after invitro. :heart: :heart:

Next question: Where was your favorite vacation??

LisaD715
09-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh Margie!!!! That is a wonderful day!!! I am so happy you have your son!!

I have two.....one is mine, but the other is my kids. My favorite vacation was one we took when I was for my 35th birthday......we went to Hershey, PA. we camped at the campground there, spent my birthday in the park, I got a sunburn while reading Harry Potter, but it was AWESOME!!! My other favorite was when we took the boys to DisneyWorld. I got to see that wonder and amazement in my son's eyes that I felt the first time I went there. I have always loved watching them get excited over new experiences! I love being able to share them with them too.

Next Q: Do you craft other than knitting?

Ingrid
09-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I've done stencilling around the house and enjoy it, but knitting is my full-time occupation. I have to go to work, too, as a side line.

Speaking of work, what would be your ideal job?

punkhippiemom
09-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Oops, cross posted with ya, Ingrid...

:thinking: I do know how to crochet, but I'm not that crazy about it...I used to do plastic canvas needlepoint, but haven't done that in years...I will occasionally do small cross stitch projects, but I'm horrible with charts, so I don't attempt anything too complicated.
I love drawing (pencil, crayon, India ink, pastels) and painting (prefer oils, but am sticking to acrylics or watercolors cuz I don't want linseed oil and paint thinner around w/small kids) and sculpting.
I know how to sew (both machine and handstitching/embroidery) and am currently working on some monogrammed napkins for the holidays, and I also have done woodburning and whittling.
I think the only thing I haven't tried is macrame....oops, I just remembered I had a short-lived bout with making knotted hemp necklaces :blush: Not one of my better attempts...and I want to learn how to spin and possibly how to weld, too.

Anybody else a multi-hobbyist?

LisaD715
09-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I am a multihobbiest too. I make wreaths, cross stitch, crewel, mosiacs...(I made a really cool stepping stone when my cat passed to memorialize him - I keep it on a small table that has a lower shelf by the door so I can see it everyday) I do some stamp art, beading, I will try almost anything....I love to experiment with cooking. Knitting is my big hobby now because I can make quick things for other people.

What do you do to "support your habit"? (I work for bankruptcy attorneys)

Vendie
09-03-2005, 01:08 PM
To answer Ingrid's question...my ideal job right now would be to have my own LYS so I can knit all day long.

To answer PHM's question, I also scrapbook, crochet, try to quilt, want to spin, ...

And finally to answer Lisa's question, I am a corporate librarian.

The next question is for doggie lovers: What is your favorite breed of dog? This can include mixes, b/c hey, all purebreeds started out as mutts.

KellyK
09-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I would say its a tie between mutts and chihuahuas. I would NEVER have even CONSIDERED chis before Howie came along!

What song is STUCK in your head right now? If there's not one, what was the last song that got stuck in your head, and for how long?

(I have had "Freddy My Love" from Grease in there since yesterday when I heard it on my internet radio showtunes station. I once had "Wouldn't it Be Loverly" from My Fair Lady in my head for TWO WEEKS!)

margie
09-03-2005, 02:41 PM
I can't get "My doorbell" by the White Stripes out of my head lately. My husband doesn't help by humming it every time he walks by me!!

Has anyone taught their significant other to knit? I've tried to encourage my husband, but he has NO interest in it. (maybe that's good- we'd be fighting over yarn in no time!!)

jodstr2
09-03-2005, 03:28 PM
no. haven't tried to suggest it. however, he's a total left-brained engineer and can totally "break down" the way the loops interlock with other loops and stuff. he understands knitting mechanics and knitting structure better than I do.

if you don't really care for your names, what first and middle names do you wish you had been named instead of your given legal name? or if you like your names, what other first and middle name would you be happy with?

Vendie
09-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I do have to say that I have in fact tried to teach my DH how to knit. He really tried to get it, but it just wasn't happening. But he does now have a greater appreciation for my craft...

I would actually prefer to have my middle name as my first name: Erin. I don't know what I would replace my middle name with tho. I also really like the names Sara, Lauren, Karen, Sophie.... I sure hope I have girls someday, b/c I haven't come up with any boy names that I really like....(pairing it up with my Dutch married name, of course, is what makes it difficult)

Next question: What is your favorite flavor of Snapple?

punkhippiemom
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Do they still make that? I haven't seen it in forever... I used to love this peachy stuff they had, I think it was iced tea...

Next question:
Who is your best friend, and why??

LisaD715
09-03-2005, 10:28 PM
My best friend is Lynn....I hated leaving her in MD, but I have given her a permanent vacation spot. We met 10 years ago, when our kids were in elementary school, her daughter had the most beautiful strawberry blonde hair, and I told her, we have been inseperable since. We share coffee, concerts, movies, family life, everything. She is as close to me as my own sisters if not closer. I love her more than she knows, but I make sure I tell her all the time!

Who was your favorite teacher and why?

LisaD715
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
bump

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
09-06-2005, 04:24 PM
BTW, my favorite teacher was Mrs. Johnson, 4th Grade, Franklin Elementary (I think :??)She didn't have class like you normally would, first off it was a split class, 2 grades, and it was run like a town. Everyone had a job, you had to use the 'money' from your 'job' to buy supplies like paper and pencils... tell the truth, i don't remember anything that we ever really did in the class, workwise, but I never forgot her, or how to balance my checkbook!!

(I didn't want to answer because I asked the last question, but you bumped - :thumbsup: got it now!!)

Candy apples or caramel apples??

ekgheiy
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
if you don't really care for your names, what first and middle names do you wish you had been named instead of your given legal name? or if you like your names, what other first and middle name would you be happy with? Hmm :thinking: there are sooo many kewl names! Well - my mother told me she wanted to name me Brooke, but the rest of the fam damn near started WWIII over that. So my name is not Brooke, but I think I'd like it. :thinking:

To answer Ingrid's question...my ideal job right now would be to have my own LYS so I can knit all day long. Ooh! That would be totally dreamy, wouldn't it!! I drool at the thought ... :drool:

Next Question What is your least favorite element of knitting?? Surely, there's at least one thing you don't like... :??

Joel
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Next Question What is your least favorite element of knitting?? Surely, there's at least one thing you don't like... :??

Actually there are 3 things.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

1) I hate doing it imperfectly... er i mean having too many hand-knit design features (looking around to see if KK heard....)

2) I hate being a perfectionist, causing me to...

3) FROG way too often.

NEXT QUESTION: What is the most you've spent on yarn at one time?

KellyK
09-06-2005, 06:20 PM
:rollseyes: OH JOEL.....

150 bucks. My latest KP order, as a matter of fact!

What's your favorite movie of ALL time?

Beth
09-06-2005, 06:22 PM
My favorite movie of all time is

It's a Wonderful Life
No matter how many times I watch it, it warms my heart and give me hope that everyone matters in this world.

Next Question:

What is your all time favorite song and why?
Opps...two quesitons!
Beth♥

dustinac
09-06-2005, 06:24 PM
:thinking: hard one I'm a big early Hollywood fan.. anything with Cagney and Davis I can't turn off... all time favorite that I have to watch whenever on is The Women though not sure why.. and again this just one in many of my favorites..

or the K. Hepburn, Grant, Hudson, bogart, etc... Little Women, 12 Angry Men, Sunset Blvd, funny face, singin' in the rain :lol:

ooppss was late on that one LOL favorite song:

Peace in the Valley when Elvis sings it LOL.. there is a Nat King cole song my dh use to sing to me when I was expecting our son.. and he sang it to me in the delivery room but I can't find the title to it!! :thinking:

Whats for dinner?

Vendie
09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Skinny Chicken and Rice A'Roni

Next question: If you could vacation anywhere, where and why?

Sara
09-06-2005, 07:45 PM
:.. there is a Nat King cole song my dh use to sing to me when I was expecting our son.. and he sang it to me in the delivery room but I can't find the title to it!! :thinking:

give me some lyrics, I bet we can come up with the title!

Where would I vacation?

Hawaii!!! I took hula lessons as a little girl (in Iowa) and I would love to go there someday. Actually, I'd like to take hula lessons again, even if I have to do it in NY. :lol:

What skill (non-fiber oriented) do you aspire to learn?

jodstr2
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd like to learn to work on cars.

what's on TV tonight for you?

brendajos
09-06-2005, 08:36 PM
what's on TV tonight for you?

Big Brother on tape when i finally get home from work

koolbreeze
09-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Prison Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda you didn't ask a question!!!!!

Next Question...
what other hobbies noncraft to you have?

Vendie
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
I really enjoy photography and making webpages (altho I do nothing too fancy, like flash, etc).

Next question: Do you iPod?

Ingrid
09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
No. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure what you do with an iPod.

What is your earliest memory?

Vendie
09-06-2005, 09:52 PM
I know I just answered one but...my earliest memory would be getting stuck in the snow in Colorado and sleeping in a closet, also in Colorado (don't ask)

But I won't horde the questions game, I'll let someone else answer and ask the next question...

dustinac
09-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Sara, dh said it was Walkin' my baby back home I asked him when he came in it was driving me crazy!! He sang that to me while we dated and then to my tummy when I was carrying Isaiah lol so when the pain got bad I said siiinnnggggg he sang!! :thumbsup:

My earliest memory is of my grandfather Hankins.. He is in something white sitting on a rocking chair and I'm at his feet sitting in my own chair.. he is smoking his pipe and I can almost smell his tobacco cherry.. later mom told me it was a robe he wore and I stayed at his feet.. he died before my 3rd birthday...

How does your SO really feel about your knitting???

LisaD715
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Don't have an SO currently.....kids like it especially when I make things for them or their girlfriends. So far, all of my family and friends seems to like it...a few have asked me to teach them.

What is your unusual collection? (mine is snowmen.....love them!!!!)

Rorshach
09-07-2005, 12:19 AM
My unusual Collection is stuffed animals, started it when I met my wife, and you know those SKILL machines? well it turns out that I was pretty good at doing that, so me and $20 would empty a machine, I'd keep the ones that I liked and donate the rest to the Firefighter's teddy bear fund.

What colors of yarn do you work with most often?

punkhippiemom
09-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Neutrals and darks. I'm not necessarily the most fond of those colors, but they work out well for not showing all the hand-knit design features :rollseyes: and where my kids ate chocolate and then decided to 'help' with Mommy's knitting...

Morning person or night owl?

koolbreeze
09-07-2005, 10:08 AM
i don't think i'm either. i'm cranky in the morning and so sleepy my 9pm i'm in bed by 10:30. and i'm tired ALL DAY LONG!!!!! i need a pick me up but i just don't know what to do!

how old were u when u had ur 1st child?

jodstr2
09-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I haven't had a child yet. but stepkid moved into our house when we were 30 and he was 8.

what's your favorite ice cream?

Stonington
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
:cheering: M & M mmmmmm :heart:

What do you want for Christmas?

punkhippiemom
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
THIS (http://michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=nw0046&channelid=) :happydance:

Does your SO know what you want without you having to write out an actual list? :rollseyes:

ekgheiy
09-07-2005, 12:13 PM
THIS (http://michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=nw0046&channelid=) :happydance:
Well ain't dat the truth!!!! I want one too!!!!

Does your SO know what you want without you having to write out an actual list? :rollseyes: Um - what's an SO again? Significant Other, maybe? :?? If so ... I don't have one, so ... hm ... I guess the answer is "no". :??

Next Question
What kind of car do you drive? (If you don't drive, do you want to?)

jodstr2
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
a little blue VW R32.

how do you answer your phone?

brendajos
09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
this is probably going to be an answer that is long enough for someone to sneak in and answer before me but here goes...

It depends on where i am. If i am at my p/t job the answer is "Thank you for calling ______.com, this is brenda, how may i help you?" (depends on which of the currently 70+ websites that we own that they are calling from)

If i am at my f/t job i either answer "Credit.net this is brenda" or "infousa this is brenda" depending on if i recognize their phone number on my caller ID. i basically sell products from either division of our company so it tends to get confusing for our clients when they hear the wrong division name but they are use to name changes around here...lol

if it is my personal phone then it depends on whose ring i am hearing. the sometimes b/f gets "hey hunny"...mom gets "hey momma!"....everybody else gets the "why are you bothering me" hello tone. :rofling:

did you actually read all that?

ekgheiy
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
this is probably going to be an answer that is long enough for someone to sneak in and answer before me but here goes...
[...] everybody else gets the "why are you bothering me" hello tone. :rofling: did you actually read all that? Yeppers! I sure did read all that ;) And second the "everbody else" hello tone!!! I really don't like talking on the telephone, so I'm hardly ever thrilled to answer it.

Next Question
What is your favorite yarn? (The brand, the name, the fiber etc)

LisaD715
09-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I read EVERY word!! I also answer the phone different ways.

At work I say, "Good morning/afternoon, and the name of the firm."

At home, if I don't know the number, I just say, "Hello?" And if I do know the number the number, quite often it is some smart answer like, "Mulligan's Morgue, you stab 'em, we slab 'em; you kill 'em, we chill 'em." (I know, I have a VERY warped sense of humor.)

What's for lunch today?

Joel
09-07-2005, 01:42 PM
What's for lunch today?

Leftovers... Chicken Patties and Rice Pilaf type thing.

NEXT QUESTION:
Do you like your job?

brendajos
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
What is your favorite yarn? (The brand, the name, the fiber etc)

I seem to knit with Iceland a lot. not sure why but i think it is just cuz i like the colors a lot!

What's for lunch today?

Fritos and a peanut butter cookie

How did you celebrate labor day?

brendajos
09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
sheeeesh people i can't keep up with y'all...lol

I do like my jobs...all of them, paying and volunteer...lol

What did you do for labor day?

punkhippiemom
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
What did you do for labor day?
:XX: :XX: :XX: all day :happydance:
DH was working :( all weekend...

What is your favorite song?

ekgheiy
09-07-2005, 01:57 PM
What is your favorite song? I like too many of them to be able to answer that. :mrgreen: I listen to and like a variety of music; although, I only buy classical, jazz, and some film scores (The Gladiator score rawks!).

Next Question
Have you come to know your fellow KH'ers by their avatars, online names, or their real names (if you know them)??? :thinking:

LisaD715
09-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I have to answer Joel's.....I :heart: :heart: LOVE :heart: :heart: my new job!!!!!

jodstr2
09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
mostly by their online names.

what other forums do you post in or lurk in?

brendajos
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM
what other forums do you post in or lurk in?

Not very good at being a lurker...too chatty and opinionated for that! ;)

I post on the Boyds Bears website and a couple of private forums spun off from there. And a forum started from a game room i use to play on at Pogo.com. The game no longer exists but the group is only just starting to fizzle out about 2 years later!

do you find yourself talking in "chatspeak" IRL? (lol, rofl, etc)

ekgheiy
09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
do you find yourself talking in "chatspeak" IRL? (lol, rofl, etc) Nah, but I find it curious that chatspeak feels like an actual second language to me. I can just jump right into chatspeak or English without a hesitation in the world :lol:

Next Question
Michael's, Joann's or AC Moore??? *You have to pick one of only these three choices ;)

Vendie
09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I read EVERY word!! I also answer the phone different ways.

At work I say, "Good morning/afternoon, and the name of the firm."

At home, if I don't know the number, I just say, "Hello?" And if I do know the number the number, quite often it is some smart answer like, "Mulligan's Morgue, you stab 'em, we slab 'em; you kill 'em, we chill 'em." (I know, I have a VERY warped sense of humor.)

What's for lunch today?

One of my co-workers does this too when his lady-friend calls (she's a detective). Sometimes he'll answer "Homicide". One of my other-coworkers started answering his phone with a big long thing that I can't even remember (apparently he can't either b/c he's got it posted on his cube wall).

Jo-ann's. We don't have AC Moore, and Michaels has horrible service.

Are you addicted to non-KH knitting blogs?

ekgheiy
09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Are you addicted to non-KH knitting blogs? Hellz no! I feel like such a traitor if stray from Headquarters!! :oops: :mrgreen:

I used to be a seasonal knitter, only knitting during the winter. And my time spent knitting increases every year ... sooooo...
Next Question:
How many hours per day, days per week, and seasons per year do you spend knitting?

rebecca
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
All the time...for real :D . Since I began knitting last June, this past week is the longest time that I've gone without knitting; and I've not knit since last Tues bc I couldn't see and then went to eye doc & got my specs and am now in the process of organization before I begin my Sock Sabbatical.....that and a few days after I sent my socks to knitpicks; then I think I was destressing. FYI, I knit so much (many hours a day) bc it is truly therepeutic and helps keep my mind off of my pain that's related to my disability.

Okay, I will confess, I've not kept up and have not read the 9 pages of questions and answers...my :oops: apologies; so if I repeat a question...well...stuff happens ;)

Question: What is the name of your 'love' in the 7th grade AND did he/she know about it or was this a 'love from afar' or were ya'll an 'item' (my apologies...I don't know the current lingo for being boyfriend/girlfriend...when I was in 7th grade it was going steady; when my kids were..it was 'going out'...and all they did was talk online...LOL; thank God!!!)

jodstr2
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I didn't have a significant other in 7th grade.
(we called it "going with") :roflhard:

what song(s) were popular at your first school dance?

KellyK
09-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I first danced with Charlie Firestone to "Careless Whisper" by George Michael when I was a HS freshman! :oops:

What's your favorite flavor of Ben N Jerry's?

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Coffee Heathbar Crunch!!! :inlove:

What kind of student were you in high school?

jodstr2
09-07-2005, 09:16 PM
LOL, I like to say I had the "perfect balance between work and play" - I had a C+ average all 4 years. ;)

what extracurricular activities did you do in high school?
(yikes... potential for some naughty (knotty?) answers there huh...) :shock: :rofling:

KellyK
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/cheer_1988.jpg

:shifty:

To what or whom do you attribute your "craftiness"?

koolbreeze
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
track, basketball, softball, flirtin', doing whatever i could to keep from going home!!!

what is you favorite candy?

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
My mommy all the way. She's super crafty lady. Hi Mommy :waving: (she sometimes lurks around here)

oops, forgot a question... were you a sticker collector back in the day? I :heart: 'd scratch n' sniff stickers...ah memories...

koolbreeze
09-07-2005, 09:20 PM
dangit!

ok, my mom and my grandmother ( :crying: God rest her soul!)

now... what is your favorite candy?

koolbreeze
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

but Fiber didn't ask a question!! so nah

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Boy, we're all jumping in here!

My father is artistic. But I think I like knitting for the orderliness of it. My life was a bit chaotic, and things like puzzles, paint-by-number, and then knitting gave me some order and predictability.

My favorite candy is PayDay.

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
yeah and you posted while i went back to add mine! :roflhard:

we're all messed up! :roflhard:

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I didn't either.

So we'll use the sticker one.

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
ok what's your question???? What's going on here?!!!

KellyK
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Isnt anyone gonna comment on my HYSTERICAL high school picture?? :(

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
dammit :doh:

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Ok, everyone. Take a deep breath and get in line!

Kelly, why am I not the least bit surprised that you were a cheerleader?

The only thing I belonged to in high school was the African American club. Yep. I'm Swedish-Irish-American. It was during the civil rights movement and we were all trying to avoid clashes and give support.

How about your most embarrassing moment (if it hasn't been asked already).Or even if it has.

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I know I've had several, but thankfully I don't remember ANY of them. (yay, repression!)

What is your favorite 4-letter word (please disguise it if necessary to keep this PG-rated)?

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
yarn

it is!

You can answer the previous question. I hear so much bad language in my school, I'm tired of them all!

misstialouise
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
What is your favorite 4-letter word (please disguise it if necessary to keep this PG-rated)?

Would have to be f***.

There's a soundbyte explaining the diversity of the word and I PMSL every time I hear it... so because of that ONE thing, it would be my favourite... ain't no curse word as versatile!!!

;)
:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

Where in the world would you like to spend 2 weeks?

Vendie
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
(see I'm sneaky, I'm actually more interested in learning all the clever disquises for those notorious 4-letter words) ;)

yarn's probably my fave too, good choice good choice :thumbsup:

koolbreeze
09-07-2005, 09:57 PM
i've backsledin so my fav 4 letter word is s***!

I love stickers as a child!! still do and so do my kids.

what is your fav color yarn?

LisaD715
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't have one favorite color. The yarn just kind of speaks to me and tells me who it is for...sometimes I may not know it when I buy it, but it eventually tells me, "Hey, I am meant for that person!!"

Do your pets "help" you with your crafts?

Vendie
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
as a matter of fact little Frida bean was helping me unwind yarn just a few minutes ago...all over the living room. :roflhard:

check, cash, or credit card? (I think I'm running out of questions)

Ingrid
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
The only place I use credit is on line, and the only time I write checks is if they don't take a payment on line. In the grocery store I use a debit card.

I do spend less on everything if I have to hand out cash, though.

What is one of your pet peeves?

Rorshach
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Well I don't have a pet peeve, have enough pets in the house, besides, they tend to be expensive to feed, water and house...but one thing that annoys me is when somebody doesn't flush. I know, it's just a small thing, but still, it's like leaving a light on or other such nonsense. Don't want to take this too far, the Peeve might get out. :roflhard:

What do you do when you're not knitting or on KH?

brendajos
09-07-2005, 11:02 PM
What do you do when you're not knitting or on KH?

*sigh*...i work. I leave my house around 7:30ish...go to my f/t job...leave there at 4:30ish and go to my p/t job that i just can't bring myself to quit cuz i love it more than the job that pays the bills!. I leave there at 9:30ish and come home to surf a little, knit a little, clean a little, and go to bed! (and some of you wonder why i knit at stop lights! i would never get anything done!!...lol)

What show are you looking most forward the new season of?

dustinac
09-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Without a Trace love that show and of course Knitty Gritty!!!

Growing up did you consider yourself or did your family consider you to be a Mommy's Girl/Boy or a Daddy's Girl/boy :D

rebecca
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Both, because I am 10 & 12 years younger than sister & brother, since I was so much younger, I was considered to be everyone's fave ;)

I'm out of questions.....price being no object, what would you love to surprise your significant other with? If u r not married or with 'boyfriend or girlfriend' then your significant other can be a child/children or the one you love most in your life, be it parent or friend....IF...you are not in a relationship.

jodstr2
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I would absolutely love to buy him (us, actually) a house in Palo Alto near his shop, and new suspension, Sirius or XM radio, nav, and short shifter for his car.

what's for breakfast today (I have to ask, I'm hungry!)?

brendajos
09-08-2005, 11:12 AM
well it was going to be an everything bagel with cream cheese but i can't get there in the next three minutes so i am guessing that this diet coke is it until blimpies gets here!

what are your plans for the weekend?

jodstr2
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
fri: take kid to school errands, meet friend for lunch, buy Cascade 220
sat: groceries and sleep
sun: not sure yet

waht mood did you wake up in this morning?

koolbreeze
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
acutally i woke up late so i WAS IN A NOT SO CRANKY MOOD. haven't had anything to eat yet so which is normal.

i had a good question last night but now i cn't think of it! oh well this will have to do!

do u exercise?

jodstr2
09-08-2005, 11:24 AM
oh lordy. I should. I really should. I am at my absolute heaviest EVER in my life. and I"m short. so I can't carry weight well.

ok, one more question for now then I'll let others answer (sorry), I gotta do some work :crying: .

what is your favorite cuisine?

LisaD715
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I woke in a good mood, wanted to sleep longer, but a few minutes after I woke up the phone rang. If it had rung while I was still asleep, I would have been upset (Doug's gf called at 6 a.m. today).

Do you check KH while at work?

LisaD715
09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Well it took too long for me to post......

I like just about all kinds, so to pick one favorite is hard.....but I would say Mexican or Chinese.

So....do you check and respond to KH while at work?

Stonington
09-08-2005, 02:07 PM
:cheering: Yes I do, you all keep me company at work! Thanks so much!

Where is your favorite place to sit and knit? :XX: :XY:

rebecca
09-08-2005, 02:12 PM
blissfully happy

why do you like this game so much?

koolbreeze
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
i like to knit in bed

i like this game cause you kind of get to know your fellow KHers!

i'm hungray....whats 4 dinner?

knitwit
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I am having a PB & J (exciting eh?)

Do you have any pets?

koolbreeze
09-08-2005, 08:09 PM
sounds good to me

yes, Max (chow chow), 2 red tail boas, 7 aquatic turtles, and 1 puffer fish

If you could live anywhere in the world besides America... where would it be?

Vendie
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
CANADA!!! (I think DH would fully support me on that one if it meant getting closer to his family in Ontario)

Do you work from charts or written patterns? Or both?

Ingrid
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Charts are my absolute favorite, but if I must use a pattern, I will.

What do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?

margie
09-08-2005, 10:32 PM
I very rarely have trouble falling assleep- much to the annoyance of my insomniac husband. I'm one of those people who is asleep 5 minutes after my head hits the pillow. On the rare occasions when I do have trouble, I will usually read for a few minutes. Can't knit- I make too many mistakes when I am tired.

Let's see................

what is your favorite flower?

punkhippiemom
09-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Lilacs and hyacinths.... and I have both growing in my garden!! I was so thrilled when I saw that!!

What's your favorite indulgent or comfort food?
I love to have Godiva biscuits (raspberry) with a nice hot cup of coffee - makes me feel soooo pampered...

KellyK
09-08-2005, 11:44 PM
ICE CREAM. I swear I have ice cream running through my blood...has been that way for generations in my family! My grandma always had a little scoop before bed, and my father would have a HUGE MONSTER BOWL every night...I remember the time that the cheap-o Fieldcrest ice cream was on sale for 99 cents a half gallon....my dad bought 30 GALLONS of the stuff and put it in the big space freezer in the basement...it was gone within the year!

What would make you SO happy that you would cry?

(With me...it would be going on a whale wathcing trip and having one actually let me TOUCH it...they sometimes come up to the boats...to have a creature THAT amazing actually CHOOSE to interact with me...I wouldnt know what to do with myself!)

margie
09-09-2005, 07:24 AM
As sappy and weird as this sounds, I did have a "so happy it made me cry" moment- I absolutely LOVE James Taylor- have for years and years, and go to every one of his concerts when he is in my area. Last month, he was here and I got to go up to the very front of the stage and he shook my hand! I looked like a total doofus up there- all I did was blurt out "THANK YOU!" and then when I came back to my seat, I cried and blubbered and floated for the next umpteen hours. My husband, thankfully, entertains me and didn't tease me about it!!!

what was the best present you've ever received??

LisaD715
09-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I am in love with whales and dolphins, growing up on the Gulf Coast you become that way, so one year for Christmas my boys bought me a kit so I could adopt a Humpback Whale. I cried!! I loved that gift!

What is your ritual when you come home from work (or school, or after running errands all day for you wonderfully lucky folks who get to stay at home)?

jodstr2
09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
open up windows, turn on fans, etc.
get kid settled at dining table with homework
do dishes
check email
cook dinner

what is your favorite flower, and why?

koolbreeze
09-09-2005, 03:02 PM
i love the purple, white, yellow/red and Night Queen tulips, purple, peach, yellow, red roses, and most color iris! why... no particular reason. i'm not a flower kind of girl, but i like those a lot.

what was your favorite toy growing up?

LisaD715
09-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Rubic's Cube....I have always beena puzzle girl....yes, I unravel my yarn when it gets tangled too.

Do you have different ring rones on your cell phone for different people, if so, what do you have (just a selection)?

punkhippiemom
09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm not a cell phone person, (I have one, I just don't use it much) but we had to buy a new phone for the house, and you could customize the ringtones on it!! :roflhard: Cracked me up, so I went through and set them all... all of my family rings to Old Macdonald (don't know why, just seemed fitting at the time) and all of DH's family rings to what sounds like an alarm going off (which is sooo appropriate :roflhard: ) DH has two - if he's calling me from work, it's 'Let Me Call You Sweetheart', and if he's calling from his cell, it's 'When Irish Eyes Are Smiling'.

What's the strangest food you've ever eaten?? How was it??

ekgheiy
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
What's the strangest food you've ever eaten?? How was it?? Fried Pickles!! YUMMY!!!! I loves me some fried pickles. They are soooooo delicious with that honey mustard dipping sauce that the restaurant serves w/ them. :drool:

Next Question
Have you had fried pickles? If yes, do you like them? If no, would you try them?

MaryS
09-09-2005, 04:54 PM
I had fried pickles for the first time at a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio at DD's college graduation dinner.

They were wonderful, but I was really skeptical before I tried them since i'm not much of a pickle fan.

Does anyone else put off sewing seams on a knitted garment (sometimes for months) or am I the only one? :??

Mary

Ingrid
09-09-2005, 05:03 PM
:roflhard: I think EVERYONE dislikes seaming. I've had sweaters sit around for months waiting for seams. But once I learned to do them well, I don't mind them as much. When I used to just sew them, they were lumpy and ruined all my nice knitting. Now with mattress stitch, I like the way the end product looks. But I still resent having to do it! Won't do anything with a zipper, either.

Now I have to think of a question. :thinking:

Now that you knit, do you bother polishing your nails? (All that drying time!)

LisaD715
09-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I always keep my toes polished, and occasionally keep my fingers polished. Usually if I have a function to attend, they are polished, and I usually get them done then, so the time is spent at the salon, under the dryer, much quicker.

How do you blow off steam when someone annoys you?

meknitter
09-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Depends where I am.... but when I'm tense or need to release pent-up emotions, I go for a run/bike. If at work, retreat to another area and breathe deeply.

What's your favorite season?

Vendie
09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
I love fall with its crispness and burnt leaves smell...I love the colors too, it's like a big painting everywhere you go.

What's one of your guiltiest pleasures?

punkhippiemom
09-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Choclate. I know I shouldn't, but it's just so dang good.... And DH is an enabler in my addiction, he took me to Hershey for Mother's Day and bought me a GIANT thing of Kisses ... AND a chocolate greeting card (which is almost a pound of chocolate in a big slab :shock:) ... I managed to ration rather than gorge, and we still have some kisses and about 1/5 of the giant block o chocolate left... almost 5 months later :rollseyes:

If you had the money, what would be your ideal home??

koolbreeze
09-10-2005, 11:34 AM
a big ole southern plantation house. i know its ironic but i always thought they were so beautiful!

whats your favorite breakfast food?

jodstr2
09-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Eggs Blackstone: eggs, Roma tomatoes, and bacon atop sourdough toast, all topped with hollandaise.

margarine or butter?

koolbreeze
09-10-2005, 12:43 PM
either one. i don't care. i bake with butter thou.

whats on the needles?

punkhippiemom
09-10-2005, 03:08 PM
2 scarves, evil DK checkerboard, and.... is that it?? Yup - for now, anyway... I just (less than an hour ago!! :happydance: ) got my Needlemaster set, so I am gonna be a knitting fool as soon as I start playing with it...

What's your favorite emoticon??

LisaD715
09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
:XX: :XX: :XX: this one...... :XX: :XX: :XX:

lol

How did you spend your day today?

Ingrid
09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I took my grandsons to see the alpacas that belong to my friend. They ran around with them and we also saw and petted the horses, pony and an very fluffy angora rabbit. They had a great time. I also gave my friend the knitted alpaca purse I made for her. She loved it and I assured her that she wouldn't have to use it. :rofling:

The rest was same old, same old.

What is your least favorite household chore?

LisaD715
09-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Washing dishes, the soap is so hard on my hands.....so, now that my boys are old enough, they get to do them. They have it easy though, we have a dishwasher so every other week they load and unload.

What do you have more of on your walls, paintings, or family photos?

knitqueen
09-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Family photos....we don't, in fact, have any paintings.

Do you have children????

Anne
09-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Yes, 1 daughter and 2 sons

What is your favorite time of year?

Vendie
09-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Christmas is my favorite holiday, b/c we go up to DH's family's house in Ontario, and my parents come too. I love being around so much family, especially as DH and I are pretty isolated where we are. Fall is my favorite season. And I love just about any day that I don't have to go to work!

What kind of knitter are you? (http://quizilla.com/users/sdamot/quizzes/What%20Kind%20of%20Knitter%20Are%20You?)

Ingrid
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm a Knitting Guru! I won't ask a question so others can take the quiz.

Vendie
09-11-2005, 09:45 AM
hee hee I'm a knitting guru too, although, I'm not sure I would agree with that!

LisaD715
09-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Knit me a guru too.......

margie
09-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I am a knitting apprentice!! :D

jodstr2
09-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Knitting Adventurer

punkhippiemom
09-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Knitting adventurer...duh, I knew that :roflhard: gimme yarn, gimme some sticks, and let me go!!!

Gee, Ingrid, a guru, I never would have guessed... :rollseyes:

koolbreeze
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Knitting Apprentice. me to the tee!

MaryS
09-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Knitting Guru too! :happydance: :happydance:

Of course us Knitting Gurus still find new things to learn with each project!
:thumbsup:
Mary

blessedmomma
09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
??? adventurer??? who'd a thunk.
I have really enjoyed reading this thread, I'm in a real slump right now :wall: guess I need to bust out those books and get inspired![/quote]

punkhippiemom
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
You go Momma! :cheering: Bust out those books, and get knittin!!

OK, let's see, I think I have a question... Has anyone besides me actually injured themselves knitting?? :shifty: :blush:

Jeremy
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Knitting Adventurer. Sometimes I knit with a pith helmet on. :lol:

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
OK, let's see, I think I have a question... Has anyone besides me actually injured themselves knitting?? :shifty: :blush:

me. I hurt the base and knuckle of my right thumb in April while furiously trying to finish a bag. tho it's gotten better, it's not 100% normal yet. it took a while before I could actually bend the thumb at the knuckle without wincing and seeing stars. I think I developed a weird habit of pushing or pulling the yarn off the left needle, which is what caused it. jeez, who knows.

next: do you find it difficult to knit something using colors you don't like?

punkhippiemom
09-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Knitting Adventurer. Sometimes I knit with a pith helmet on. :lol: :roflhard: What a visual..."Dr Knittingstone, I presume??"

I won't even but the yarn if I don't like the color. Period. I try to think of what the recipient wants and all, but if I don't like it, why would I give it to someone??

What technique are you absolutely terrified to try??

Joel
09-14-2005, 04:36 PM
What technique are you absolutely terrified to try??

None that I can think of... but I'm not anxious to do felting.... sounds too much like Shrinky-Dinks and you never knew what size those were going to end up...

NEXT QUESTION: Have you ever Cabled before?

Ingrid
09-14-2005, 06:26 PM
No, I haven't, but I've been thinking of broadening my horizons. :thinking:

Just kidding! Somebody can give an honest answer!

Vendie
09-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I was thinking, "WAAAA, Ingrid hasn't cabled before??? WAAAA???"
:roflhard:

I enjoy cabling, so long as the cabling is done in moderation. Too many cables in one row and I start making sailors blush.

Next question: Do you aspire to own your own LYS?

Joel
09-15-2005, 10:15 AM
DOyou aspire to own your own LYS?

No, but I do want to own my own business.

NEXT QUESTION: What is the biggest knitting project you have completed?

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
NEXT QUESTION: What is the biggest knitting project you have completed? One of my afghans (the bottom left) (http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/ProductImages/mfgs/asn/asn1210-.jpg) took me about two years to make. :shock: I adore it and it lives on my chair. :happydance:
Next Question
Have you made an afghan? If yes, did you enjoy it? If no, do you want to make one?

MaryS
09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
I've made several, and I DO enjoy it but you really have to make a committment to a LONG TERM project (or be committed :?? :shock: ),- not sure that came out right.

The first one I made was a kind of Stitch sampler Mondrian type with seven or eight different stitch patterns, each in its own color, then black garter stitch borders between all the blocks. I was 13 or 14, gave it to my Mom for Xmas (she had thought I was making scarves for the whole world) and she was so happy and astounded that I'd put that much work into something for her that she cried. That afghan is still in the family room at my parent's house, ever though Mom is gone now. That is probably the happiest memory I have of the reaction from the receipient. :happydance:

I've made several Aran afghans, usually in strips then crocheted together, and after my divorce last year when I moved into a new house I FINALLY made the first object that I have ever made for MYSELF in forty years of knitting! And it's an afghan in two shades of blue, with alternating panels of cables and trinity stitch. I love it! Now it's back to knitting for everyone else.

Now a question: for those of you who do both, do you prefer Aran knitting with lots of texture or FairIsle with lots of colors? I don't do a lot of FairIsle, but after seeing Ingrid and Silver's lovely work I'm getting more and more intrigued. :thinking: :thinking:

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

KellyK
09-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I have not DONE both (only have cabled) but I can tell you that I am more attracted to patterns with lots of texture. I haven't seen a color pattern that has made me say "OOH I wannt knit that" yet....

What would you do if you won the lottery tonight?

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Hmmm... long term, a lot of things, but tonight??
Go major, major window shopping, and buy the kids the biggest toys we could find. Then put the kids to bed and plan out what we're gonna do with the money, interspersed with a lot of jumping around and screaming "Yayyyy, we're RICH!!!" :roflhard:

What's your ideal guy look like?

LisaD715
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
I can do this now that I am single again.....Tall, over 6' please, usually dark haired, but not mandatory. They have to be in the age bracket now though....I would prefer about 33 to 47 but am not opposed to someone as young as 27ish. I would feel better if they already had children or did not want them, as I cannot have any anymore. I am not currently "looking", but am not ruling anything out, who knows, I could meet Mr. Right this afternoon....

Where is your ideal vaction spot?

Vendie
09-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm stuck between mountains and the beach, I love both, so how about somewhere where there's both?

You have to choose between taking a class in color knitting (various techniques) or one in entrelac, which do you choose? Quick, time's running out....

Ingrid
09-16-2005, 06:40 PM
If this by any chance is for you, I'd suggest color knitting. There's so much you can do with it. Entrelac is, well, entrelac. (I'm not crazy about the two color entrelac, but one color looks good.) Just my opinion.

Do you consider yourself shy or outgoing?

Vendie
09-16-2005, 06:45 PM
nope, i already signed up for my class, just curious what anyone else would do....i would do color too, though.

i let someone else answer your question...

KellyK
09-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Im really shy...I dont really talk to people at ALL. They SCARE me! :oo:
:roflhard:

Who is the best Kelly you've ever met and why??

margie
09-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh Kelly, I couldn't resist this one..............

:oops: I know I've only known you for a short time and all, but...........gee you are the BEST!!!!

Actually, I did have a very very good friend all through middle and high school named Kelly. We have mostly lost contact now- she is in California, and recently completed her residency. She is one of the most intelligent people I know- just so incredibly smart. She went to college, got her undergrad in mathmatics, her graduate degree in chemistry, and then decided to go to med school. She went to Duke University. She then married an equally intelligent man and moved to California.

Wow, this has inspired me to send her an email!! I haven't talked to her in ages. Thanks, Kelly!! :D

OOOOhhhh- almost forgot a question:

If you could go back in time and meet any person that you wanted to, who would you choose and why?

Ingrid
09-16-2005, 10:21 PM
I'd go back to meet Jesus. To see if all the rumors about him are true.

:pray: Please nobody take offense!

What would you say is one habit you have that you'd like to change but haven't been able to.

jodstr2
09-16-2005, 10:28 PM
the habit I have of avoiding exercising.
today I just bought yet another size larger jeans. I think it's time to break the habit. 168 lbs. squooshed onto only 5 feet zero inches tall is simply not healthy.

ok, nuff of that. with that said and out of the way -
what is your favorite dessert?

KellyK
09-16-2005, 10:52 PM
(Thanks, Margie...I needed a little ego boost today! Isnt it nice that I made it so easy for ya??)

LisaD715
09-16-2005, 11:06 PM
fav dessert....most time is German Chocolate Cake (my Mom makes me one for my birthday), but in the summer it has to be key lime pie...it is so light and refreshing....

What are you wishing for for Christmas?

punkhippiemom
09-16-2005, 11:11 PM
:roflhard: I love you, Jodi - you're just like me... "Gee, I really need to exercise, but let's have some dessert first!!"
The intentions are good.... :angelgrin:

I used to want the Boye Needlemaster set, but since I splurged and bought it already, I'll settle for some time off. Alone. No hubby, no kids, just me and a hot bath and nothing to do for a day or two.

Do you pamper yourself a lot, or does that tend to get lost in the shuffle of everyday?
(I'll let you geuss what my answer would be.... :rollseyes:)

mintdee
09-16-2005, 11:19 PM
I am guessing that your answer would be the same as mine ;) I would love to pamper myself but between kids, school, and husband (they really can be demanding sometimes can't they?! :rollseyes: ) it aint happenin.

Along thoes lines...
If you did have a full day all to yourself to do what ever you wanted, what would you do?

edited 'cause my typing need serious help

jodstr2
09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
knit eat sleep go to LYS knit eat sleep
repeat

what was the last book you read?

LisaD715
09-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Just finished Nicholas Sparks' "The Guardian." I have read several of his books this spring and summer, but my favorite is "The Notebook." I have a couple of paperback novels to read but nothing special on my list at the moment.....I REALLY would rather spend my little free time knitting my million Christmas presents.

Who has changed your life most this year?

punkhippiemom
09-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Just this year?? :??
All of you guys, I think. :heart: I moved 1500 miles away from all of my friends and family, and the neighbors up here seem *ahem* reticent at best, so it's nice to have a group of 'friends' that I can talk to whenever I want to, day or night.... :thinking: Now I just have to figure out how to get all y'all here so we can hang out...

What is onr thing you can't live without??

brendajos
09-17-2005, 12:53 AM
What is onr thing you can't live without??

Toilet paper...

what is the craziest thing you did as a kid that your parents STILL don't know about

punkhippiemom
09-17-2005, 01:12 AM
:shifty:
I refuse to answer that on the grounds that there's a very good reason my parents don't know... :roflhard:
Anybody else brave enough for this one??

Vendie
09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
...and Brenda wins the prize for stumping the KH audience!!!!

Are we all too afraid that our parents lurk here? I know I am, heehee...what, mommy, I haven't done anything that I haven't already told you about :oo:

So, on to the next question...this one's for $500*

You go to a new LYS, a beautiful store with every type of yarn imaginable in a rainbow of colors. You:

A) browse, take some mental notes, and plan to come back when you're ready to begin your next project
B) fiberbate, but walk away with some finds from the clearance section
C) you want me to list everything I bought? well, okay...gotta about an hour to kill?
D) ask for an application to work there

edited: Sorry forgot the legal disclaimer for *

*$500 to be paid in Monopoly money, $5 per year for 100 years, must be 18 or older, and very very gullible

mintdee
09-17-2005, 11:03 PM
*$500 to be paid in Monopoly money, $5 per year for 100 years, must be 18 or older, and very very gullible
:roflhard: :roflhard:

D! Can you imagine?!?! :drooling:

If you could only use one yarn to knit with ever what would it be?
edit because I am a ditz.

KellyK
09-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Jaeger Extra fine merino. YUMMY and SPROINGY!

(I would like to answer FGs question too....B. I LUV LUV LUV the sales room!)

What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?

LisaD715
09-18-2005, 01:16 AM
I love Chinese food, I have not found many things I don't care for on the menu (I can only think of the dishes that use scallops).

What is the one book you read over and over?

punkhippiemom
09-18-2005, 08:00 AM
:thinking: Just one?? You are a cruel woman...
I can read From the Corner of his Eye by Dean Koontz over and over and over..... er, I have, I mean. That is one of the better books I've read in the last few years. Another one that I like to re-read is The Body by Stephen King (aka "Stand By Me"). Kids have a very unique view of the world, and he really captured that.

OK, what is your favorite stitch pattern?

jodstr2
09-18-2005, 12:30 PM
um... hmm, I haven't been adventurous with stitch patterns yet - that reminds me, I want to get that page-a-day 365 stitch calendar - I guess right now I like the chevron waviness (pics in my blog thread) or since I just learned how to 6x6 cable yesterday, maybe a cable... or seed stitch, since it's nice and strong and lies flat.

what's on your knitting agenda for today?

margie
09-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I am going to FINISH my sweater today!!! All I have left to do is seam one sleeve, and then a little clean up of loose ends, etc.............. :cheering: :cheering:

what is your favorite kind of candy??

Ingrid
09-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I like anything salty/sweet like Payday candy bars.

Do you envision yourself knitting 20 years from now?

lisa e
09-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Absolutely!!!

What is the one thing that you do that drives your spouse or significant other absolutely crazy????

KellyK
09-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Im a slob.

(Jod - the calendar is AWESOME!)

What is the STRANGEST food you've ever eaten?
(I turn into "vacation Kelly" when we travel and I've eaten conch right out of the ocean!)