PDA

View Full Version : INGRID!

twiggyann
08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
OMG! I just looked through your photo album. Your sweaters are GORGEOUS!

wildforyarn
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I second that! After this post, I went and looked to see what Twiggy was raving about and wow! You have knit some fabulous sweaters!

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 10:42 AM
:oops: :blush: Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :D

I saw my name in caps and for a split second I thought I was in trouble! :roflhard:

BinkyKat
08-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Ingrid Louise McSmartypants! get to the principals office this very minute!
To collect your AWESOME sweater knitter award! :happydance:
Ewe Rock Ingy!
I wanna be like you when I grow up!

KellyK
08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Ingrid Louise McSmartypants!
:roflhard: TOOO funny... I think EVERYONE's middle name should be Louise! :roflhard: REALLY! It sounds RIGHT with EVERYONE's name! Try it!
Binky Louise!!! :mad:
Kelly Louise!!! :mad:
Hildegard Louise!!!! :mad:
Cody Louise!
Joel Louise!

SEE??? :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 11:23 AM
How did you find out my real name!!!

Thank you so much for the award! Does it come with a cash prize? :pray:
Or at least a homework free pass?

BinkyKat
08-27-2005, 11:42 AM
:roflhard: TOOO funny... I think EVERYONE's middle name should be Louise! :roflhard: REALLY! It sounds RIGHT with EVERYONE's name! Try it!
Cody Louise!
Joel Louise!

I think the best fit is Joel Louise... they slide together well, Joelouise... wonder when he'll find us talking about him...

My full name is actually Jodeen Lynn, a guy in school thought is was a hillbilly name and would say..."Now Jodeen Lynn, you get outa that mud puddle right now and put your skirt back down!"

Oh, and Ingy Louise... there is a cash prize... the entire collection of johnny CASH cd's... :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually, its Ingy Margaret, I'll have you know. You hold on to those cd's and I'll get back to you after I have enough brain damage to want them.

No offense to Cash fans, anywhere. :mrgreen:

koolbreeze
08-27-2005, 05:20 PM
I wanna see the photo album!!! how can i see it?

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 05:28 PM

Click on my www :D

hedgehog
08-27-2005, 05:43 PM
That fishy sweater is SOOOOOOOOO COOOOL!!!

I love it!! :heart:

Where did you find that pattern??

-hh

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 05:45 PM
If you mean the green one it's from Tadpoles and Tiddlers, a Rowan book.

SoapDoc
08-27-2005, 06:36 PM

Holy crap!!! That is some awesome eye candy, Ingrid!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

I too, wanna be like you when I grow up!!! I can't even imagine doing beautiful things like that, but a year ago, I couldn't imagine me knitting either -- so who knows!?

May I ask, is it really, really hard to give things like that away (or, maybe you don't?? Maybe you keep them all for yourself?? That is what I am afraid would happen to me!!)

I can part with scarves and socks and things, but something that takes so much time and concentration....I don't know if I would be able to part with it!

Am I a total freak (shhhh, I DO already know the true answer to this question), or does anyone else feel this way??

benniesma
08-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Day-um girl! You rock!

Believe it or not, my MIL uses Louise as a middle name for all family pets. We have Teddy Louise, Ernie Louise, Sophie Louise and Thudge Louise just to name a few. The woman is a nut! :rollseyes:

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 06:47 PM

Holy crap!!! That is some awesome eye candy, Ingrid!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

I too, wanna be like you when I grow up!!! I can't even imagine doing beautiful things like that, but a year ago, I couldn't imagine me knitting either -- so who knows!?

May I ask, is it really, really hard to give things like that away (or, maybe you don't?? Maybe you keep them all for yourself?? That is what I am afraid would happen to me!!)

I can part with scarves and socks and things, but something that takes so much time and concentration....I don't know if I would be able to part with it!

Am I a total freak (shhhh, I DO already know the true answer to this question), or does anyone else feel this way??

Wow, thanks! The things in that lot that are being given away are the DNA scarf and the Cozy shawl. Oh, the baby blanket and pillow, too. Oh, and the alpaca. The Fair Isles are MINE, ALL MINE! I did buy some more washable yarn to make a copy of the last one for my daughter, because she loved it in the book. I can't bear to put all that effort into a sweater made in Shetland wool and give it to someone who'll shrink it into a Barbie outfit first time out. The girl's got her PhD, but lacks some common sense. (No offense, dear, I love you.)

I made a sweater for my son last Christmas with a Chinese symbol on the front, a shrug for his girlfriend, some scarves and such.

I don't mind giving stuff away if I plan it for them. The kids' sweaters are fun to make and they're not really gone.

feministmama
08-27-2005, 08:48 PM
How do you do all that celtic knot multi-color stuff without getting dizzy??? I'm so impressed.....no...words....

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks! It's very simple. I do them one stitch, one row at a time. Post-it notes and a chart. I always say it's like color by number. (Which I loved as a kid--it's a carry over!)

koolbreeze
08-27-2005, 09:55 PM

duh... i'm looking all over for the www!!

wow... you must have a lot of patieance!!! those have A LOT of love put into them. i really like that first little number... is that what you wear out on friday nights! ;)

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Down at the bottom of one of my posts there's a little white box with a www in it.

amy
08-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Down at the bottom of one of my posts there's a little white box with a www in it.

I think Koolbreeze found your www already, and was just going: :doh:

Ingrid, I agree, your stuff is gooooorgeous! :inlove:

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Coming from you that means a lot! Thank you!

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 11:28 PM

duh... i'm looking all over for the www!!

wow... you must have a lot of patieance!!! those have A LOT of love put into them. i really like that first little number... is that what you wear out on friday nights! ;)

:roflhard: I just caught that! Honey, that wouldn't cover one.

Yarnni
08-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Your sweaters are gorgeous! Where do the fair isle patterns come from?

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks! The newest one that I added and the Celtic knot one come from Sweaters from Camp. The first navy one comes from The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, and the off white one comes from a combination of patterns from the same book. I took the motif from a cardigan and put it on a pullover from another section of the book.

rebecca
08-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Ingrid, u are absolutely amazing and I really do hope to knit like u when I'm a grown up knitter, right now I'm 1 year and 2 months old....how grown up do you think I have to be before I can be a grown up knitter like u :rollseyes: ?

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 10:24 AM
To be absolutely, technically correct, I knit my first stitch over 40 years ago. I was but a wee girl. With many large chunks of non-knitting years in between, I knit in spurts over the years. I knit a lot when my kids were coming and small, then didn't really knit again until the past couple of years or so.

I don't think how long you've been knitting is that critical. Whenever I saw something that I wanted to knit, I just went for it. It's all a matter of following directions. I taught myself, from books, just about everything, from dpns to intarsia to fair isle.

I say, if you want to make something--just go for it. What have you got to lose?

Carol_OH
08-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Ingrid rules!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Aw gee guys! You're gonna make me self-conscious! But thanks! Now on with our regular programming. . . .

foldedbird
08-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I saw my name in caps and for a split second I thought I was in trouble!

Isn't that the NORM???

I must admit, I thought your advatar was something you found kicking around the net. That is amazing. I'm totally blown AWAY!!!

All of your work is great, keep it up girl. My birthday is fast approaching! hehe.

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks! I was more impressed with myself that I could figure out how to get an avatar on here!

My birthday is coming soon, too! What would you like? ;)

rebecca
08-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Whenever I saw something that I wanted to knit, I just went for it. It's all a matter of following directions. I taught myself, from books, just about everything, from dpns to intarsia to fair isle.

I say, if you want to make something--just go for it. What have you got to lose?

A woman after my own heart...this is exactly what I have done in my short knitting life; self-taught & when I want to try something...I do! I have found that I change patterns around quite a bit, when it comes to, well, the things that I have knit thus far. Your motto "believe the pattern"...mine must be believe it & change it up a bit here & there or create your own...lol!! Altho, I've not yet begun the sweaters & such..this is slotted for the near future as i go thru my workshop with Yoda ;)
You, my dear friend, are an amazing knitter! As are MANY knitters on this forum :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Thank you for all your kind words. :heart: I'm so, so glad I found this forum and can share with people who are of the same mind about this little all-consuming craft of ours.

foldedbird
08-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Hmm...knit picks yarn, and Viggo Mortensen wearing nothing but cable socks? hehe.

foldedbird
08-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I haven't done a sweater yet, either. However, I vow to. After I finish up some projects I have going right now, I'm going to start knitting some garments for ME! I have a hard time finding things in the store that fit me properly, so why not make them myself? With Ingrid as inspiration, I have little doubt that it will be a problem!

SassyLassie
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Ingrid,

I am a fairly new knitter (<1mn), and so far I have made 1 scarf and I am working on my third hat. I had to take a peek at your designs, since everyone was raving about them--my curiosity was peaked.

Your work was gorgeous and inspiring; I did not fully grasp the understanding that such beautiful things could be self created (and did not have to be store bought--dumb but true:) until seeing your creations. I really loved your celtic design. Was that on a sweater or a scarf? If you don't mind, could you please tell me where you found that pattern. I need something to aspire to and I think that design may be it.

Thank you.

Casi

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Thank you! The Celtic design is on a sweater that I made from Sweaters from Camp. There's a pic of it on the www . I wish all the subtle color variations in the back showed up better. I'm new with the digital camera, so I think that's it.

To be honest, it was not an easy sweater to make. I had the book for several months before I decided to go for it. In the beginning it was a comedy of errors. First I had to frog about three inches because I put the side design on backwards (very advanced chart reading in this one) and then I got up to the Celtic design and for the life of me could not get it centered (there's one on the back, too). I realized I was one pattern repeat off. Frog again. It was a blessing in disguise, though, because I tried it on and it was toooooo tight. So I started over with bigger needles, and finally got it done. So even with experience, there are trials and tribulations that don't show up in the end product.

The first time I wore one of these sweaters to work, nobody said anything. I was a little disappointed, but then when someone complimented me on my sweater and I told them I made it, all h**l broke loose. I guess people just assumed I bought it. Go figure. I'm not one to toot my own horn. But now, no matter what sweater I wear, even a plain one from Land's End, I get asked if I made it.

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I haven't done a sweater yet, either. However, I vow to. After I finish up some projects I have going right now, I'm going to start knitting some garments for ME! I have a hard time finding things in the store that fit me properly, so why not make them myself? With Ingrid as inspiration, I have little doubt that it will be a problem!

We're all here for you!

foldedbird
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks Ingrid!!! :heart:

Joel
08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Cody Louise!
Joel Louise!

I think the best fit is Joel Louise... they slide together well, Joelouise... wonder when he'll find us talking about him...

My full name is actually Jodeen Lynn, a guy in school thought is was a hillbilly name and would say..."Now Jodeen Lynn, you get outa that mud puddle right now and put your skirt back down!"

Oh, and Ingy Louise... there is a cash prize... the entire collection of johnny CASH cd's... :thumbsup:

:roflhard: Right now! I guess it could be worse..... Just so long as I don't have to change my first name to Sue! :roflhard:

foldedbird
08-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't think Joel will be referred to anything but Joel Louise again...especially if I have something to do with it!!!

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Then you'd have to borrow Cody's bow! :XX:

Joel
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Then you'd have to borrow Cody's bow! :XX:

:roflhard: Hey Cody! Where'd you put that bow? ;)

Joel
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't think Joel will be referred to anything but Joel Louise again...especially if I have something to do with it!!!

i have no doubt about that.... :rofling:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
It does have a nice ring to it!! :rofling:

foldedbird
08-29-2005, 10:07 AM
As you shouldn't. I have a long memory for these kinds of things! I think I'll have to call the knitting group gals Lucille...

How could you leave me Luccciiiiiilllle? With 400 skeins and socks in the feeeillllld?

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:09 AM
:rofling: :roflhard:

Joel
08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
In honor of this wonderful thread... I have added my new middle name to my signature... :rollseyes:

:roflhard:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Way to go JL--if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! :thumbsup:

foldedbird
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Ain't Joel and I a cute couple? :rofling:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Especially if your first name is Thelma!

Joel
08-29-2005, 09:44 PM
:roflhard:

KellyK
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
It really DOES have a nice ring to it.... :shifty:

Joel
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM
:rollseyes:

BinkyKat
08-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Joel Louise Mary Matthew Christopher O'Knitterman! Get your purlin' behind in here and eat your vegetables!
:fingerwag:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Psst! Joel! Does your wife know?

Joel
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Joel Louise Mary Matthew Christopher O'Knitterman! Get your purlin' behind in here and eat your vegetables!
:fingerwag:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Joel
08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Psst! Joel! Does your wife know?

Yes I told her about the Louise post... what little I got a chance to read it last night right before bed.

I think she got as much chuckle out of it as I did.

And in case you are talking about Designated wife #2... she is a DW#2 to my neighbor.... so actually she and they started the whole joke in the first place... it's just spilling over into here because Denise became DW#3 for me, behind her and my neighbor. LOL

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
So is Peyton Place a nice place to live? :rofling:

foldedbird
08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Speaking of which, my DH#4 (sorry you came in 4th, but Viggo and I have been sweethearts for a LONG time)...have you gone to the doctor yet?!?

Joel
08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Speaking of which, my DH#4 (sorry you came in 4th, but Viggo and I have been sweethearts for a LONG time)

LOL

...have you gone to the doctor yet?!?

:hiding: uh....... :oo: nope..... :oops:

By the way...
I was talking to R about the DH/DW thing... seems I miss-termed it...
supposed to be Wife/Husband on Duty.... WOD/HOD...

foldedbird
08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Now you're in BIG trouble!

Joel
08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Like that's anything new.... :shock:

LOL