PDA

View Full Version : I'm a sock yarn ho...I mean lover of sock yarn

rebecca
08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
LOOKIE LOOKIE at what I just got in the mail today!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I must say that I just :heart: :inlove: :heart: KP's palette yarn :D I was well stocked for my sock sabbatical...now I am VERY well stocked :D
YIPPEE :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: YIPPEE :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I have 6 nice lace patterns for this, a couple of textural manly socks for Lonnie and 2 of the coolest pair of socks using black, one with various colors of bobble and another with a 'stained glass' effect from variegated yarn with the black....most all are from the book that Lonnie got me, "Socks, Socks, Socks" and a couple for him from another book that he got for me "Knit Socks"......oh....such FUN to be had :D :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
You can actually see the socks that I am knitting for Lonnie here (http://www.knitpicks.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=30540#); the pair on the top left of the 1st and 2nd pages :D

knitqueen
08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
You are one crazy knitting gal, Rebecca!!! :D I shall live vicariously through you and your luscious array of Pallette yarn :thumbsup: . ENJOY!!!!!! :happydance:

I just looked at the link you gave, and just I LOVE the socks on the bottom left of the last page. SOOOOOO unique and nifty!!! :heart:

And you know what else??? You are turning me into an emoticon junkie! :inlove: :inlove:

:waving:

KellyK
08-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I just KNOW you're gonna be in a good mood all day! :happydance:

rebecca
08-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry about the emoticon junkie thing...I'm well known for my addiction to :XX: :happydance: :rollseyes: :shock: :?? :D them all....and, I'm also known to be the emoticon dealer/pusher 8-) ...the one who gets u hooked to emoticons... :thumbsup:
Here's (http://www.knitpicks.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=30580) a bit of a look of my fave sock book from my Sweetie, 'Socks, Socks, Socks'....an AMAZING selection...much, much more than you see, but, u get a peek, any way ;)

KK, I am in a GLORIOUS mood...you are so correct :thumbsup:

I'm off to knit Allysa's socks....I knit for her today & tomorrow...it is all shipped Monday...these socks are probably the last bit..thought of a quick scarf, but don't know if I have the time.... :thinking: hmmmm, one never knows, tho ;)

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Puuuuurdy! Nice colors! I'll have to look into those. No! No! *slaps self*

Aello
08-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I have yet to knit a sock, but it is on my to do list... I must say those colors have me drooling all over my keyboard!!!
:inlove: :inlove:

rebecca
08-27-2005, 08:27 PM
~~~~~~oooooo~~~~~you must~~~~knit socks~~~~it's very fun :D ~~~~~~~~and extremely addicting~~~~~~~~~~you just :X: :XX: :XX: socks~~~~~~~~~a LOT!!!
I am evidence of said addiction...ask around ;) .

Licensed2Cook
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
IMHO There is no such thing as too much sock yarn or too much chocolate!

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM

Actually there is such a thing as too much chocolate!

rebecca
08-29-2005, 08:39 PM

sooooooo true, soooooooo true

of course, Ingrid, the chocalate thing is really & truly true about the chocolate...but I don't like to believe it ;)

AND, OMGoodness, I'm loving my sock yarn, this and all of the other...I am the sock lover ;)

misstialouise
08-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Actually there is such a thing as too much chocolate!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You're kidding me right??

NO such thing as too much *good quality* chocolate!!! I'm a bit of a chocolate snob.. :D Has to be good quality 60%+ dark chocolate for me.. :D 99% is great with espresso or turkish coffee :D

rebecca
08-29-2005, 11:25 PM
:fingerwag: coffee is nasty...tea, now that's a nice drink :thumbsup:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 11:28 PM
I like coffee, I like tea. I can't think of anything clever to say except that I like coffee best!

rebecca
08-29-2005, 11:37 PM
I like coffee, I like tea. I can't think of anything clever to say except that I like coffee best!

LOL :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Well, I can't think of anything clever either...I like tea! And it's 11:30 at nite & I'm laughing out loud like an idiot :roflhard: :roflhard:

misstialouise
08-29-2005, 11:45 PM
A bad coffee is terrible.. just like stewed tea <blergh>

I have an espresso machine at home, so bad coffee is never a problem... and I only buy good loose leaf tea, and brew it according to its leaf. If you're ever at my place.. you'll only get good coffee or good tea... alongside good chocolate and home made shortbread :D

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh sure! We'll be right over. How long does it get to go to Australia? How much would it cost? That coffee better be extraordinarily good!!!! :lol: