PDA

View Full Version : A quick intro and a Thank You!

amers
08-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd introduce myself and also thank Amy and everyone for making this the most WONDERFUL board I have found!!!

I'm yet another Amy, but I'm no where near as talented as the founder of this board. I taught myself to "kind of" knit about a year and a half ago (right before my 3rd dd was born). I didn't really pick it back up until about a little over a week ago when I found this site. OH the ELATION!!! No one I know, knits, so I have been on my own in this venture and this site made me feel like I had teacher right here whenever she was needed. :happydance: I also just moved from Massachusetts to Texas and I haven't been able to really look around for yarn stores or knitting groups. However, I just NEEDED to get going on learning to knit! It's become an obsession, as my poor husband can attest to (and now I am determined as ever). My goal is to be able to make a sweater within the year. (Of course, I'm not sure if I'll need a sweater down here in Texas LOL ;) )

Everyone on this board just seems as nice as they can be. I was really perplexed :thinking: with a type of increase and I asked for help on the other board. I was so surprised that within a couple of hours, people had posted some suggestions for me!!!

Anyway, I just really want to thank everyone who made this board possible and to everyone who is willing to contribute and give us newbies a helping hand. I'm sure some of you experts get bored with us newbies asking the same questions over and over, yet you still take the time to answer.

I do tend to babble on these types of boards so I'll try to keep it at that. Just a big Heartfelt thanks to everyone. I hope to someday get to be a good enough knitter :XX: so that I can repay everyones' kindness. :sunny:

(I should note here, that I also love these emoticons :thumbsup: )

Happy Knitting everyone!

Ingrid
08-27-2005, 09:54 PM
:waving: :D :happydance: Welcome to the party!!!

amy
08-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Welcome "Amy3"! :lol:

Glad to have you here! :sunny:

...Actually, there are definitely more than us three Amy's here, but I'm not sure how many!

amers
08-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

KellyK
08-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Welcome Amy! :waving:

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 08:14 AM
:cheering: :waving: :sunny:

Mer
08-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi Amy! Yay, another Texan! I'm working on sweaters too, though I don't really need many myself down here. Luckily I have family in IL that I can make lots of hats and scarves and mittens for!

amers
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Since it is so warm down here, I have also seen lots of patterns for vests, shells, and cardigan type sweaters. I live in cardigans down here. Although its hot outside, the air conditioned stores are FREEZING. I'd love to be able to make my own Cardigans some day. Then I could have them in all the colors I'd like LOL ;)

jodstr2
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
welcome!!! :D :happydance:

Julie
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Welcome Amy!

My advice: make a baby sweater! They are so quick and a good introduction to the sweater-making process. :D

rebecca
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM
:cheering: :cheering: welcome, welcome....come on in and join the :XX: :XY: :X: :balloons: (translation.....knitting party ;) )