PDA

View Full Version : Finshing my shell, and need a quick answer to be done....

ChroniclesofYarnia
08-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I am doing this shell http://cu-needleworks.com/Patterns/Quick_ez_shell/quick_ez_shell.htm .

I am stuck on this part :
Beg at shoulder seam, pick up, BUT DO NOT KNIT, 2 st from every 3 rows along neck shaping, and transfer sts from holders. You may find it easier to pick up stitches with a smaller needle than that used for knitting. Place a marker at the beginning of the round.

Edging Pattern:
Rnds 1 & 2: P
Rnd 3: *K2tog, yo; rep from * around
Rnd 4: K
Rnd 5: P

BO in K.

ARMHOLE EDGING

Beg at bottom of armhole, pick up, BUT DO NOT KNIT, 1 st from every BO st and 2 st from every 3 rows around armhole. You may find it easier to pick up stitches with a smaller needle than that used for knitting. Place a marker at the beginning of the round.

Work Edging Pattern as for NECK EDGING above.

I guess I don't understand the "2 stitches from every three rows". What exactly would that be like? I guess I just can't picture it exactly, and don't want to go on until I am clear on it.

Ingrid
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Pick up two and skip one all the way around. Horizontal stitches are a bit wider that the top of a vertical stitch. It will keep it from being droopy.

ChroniclesofYarnia
08-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Thank you so much! :)

Oh, and Amy, thank you for te 3 needle bind off video. I had never done it, and it came out perfectly. :D