PDA

View Full Version : You might be addicted to knit...

Joel
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
When I don't get enough sleep, I start coming up with strange ideas. Heck, I come up with strange stuff even when I'm not tired. Anyway, I'm starting a Jeff Foxworthy style post... about being addicted to knit. Feel free to add to the list... :D

If you have ever told someone your favorite gem is Purl, you might be addicted to knit.

If you have ever made up knitting songs and sung them as lullabys to your children, you might be addicted to knit.

If someone has ever asked you what hand you write with and you answered Continental, you might be addicted to knit.

If you have every turned down a job offer because you wouldnt be able to knit and work at the same time, you might be addicted to knit.

If you have ever rolled around in your yarn stash, you might be addicted to knit.

If you have ever planned a family vacation so that you could tour a yarn factory, you might be addicted to knit.

rebecca
08-29-2005, 02:22 PM
You constantly are thinking of sock designs

EVERYWHERE you go you look for something to do with knitting

You wake up with design ideas

You don't sleep bc you don't want to stop your project

my list could reallly continue.................... ;)

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
:roflhard:

When every request made of you starts with, "When you're done with that row, could you . . . . . . "

When you've taken more pictures of your knitting than of your children. . . .

When 99% of your credit card bill is for yarn . . . . . .

When you wish you had a guest room--not for company, but for your stash . . .

Carol_OH
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
when you smuggle yarn into your house using tampon boxes....

*looks around*

yeah, I stole that idea from someone here!

hedgehog
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
If you're watching a serious point in a movie and thinking, "i could knit that hat..." instead of listening to the dialogue... (me, last night)

If you're polling family and friends if they know anyone who's expecting a baby because you're dying to try out a new pattern/yarn....

If you loiter in your local LYS with no real purchase in mind but want to be NEAR the yarn... (me, and i admit this behaviour is kinda creepy!)

If you drive past a sheep farm and think of numbers of sweaters, not rugs...

If you look forward to a 7+ hour car ride because it will give you uninterrupted knitting time...

-hh

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
All so true, so true. . .

AidanM
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
You SWEAR you hear the lonely clicking of your needles in the night when your project is sitting in the living room..just longing to be worked on..click, click..

You wake up with sweater shaping ideas in your head.

You wake up and your bed is covered in yarn that was not there when you went to sleep...and you are groping a skein or two.

jodstr2
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
when you see chopsticks at a restaurant and they make you miss your needles

when you stare at the chopsticks and estimate what size needles they'd make

when you sit at your desk and see the sign for building column number 3K6, you think "knit 6"

likewise, any mention of K2 Skis makes you think "knit 2"

when, at home, your kid looks through the house for you, comes outside, sees you standing in front of the washer, and asks, "are you felting again?"

when you're buying something, the total is $6.60, or anytime you see the number 660, you think, "price of a hank of Cascade 220!"

when your kid goes to school with yarn bits stuck to his shoe

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
When you have a ball of alpaca in your car to hold during traffic tie ups . . .

When most of your reading for pleasure involves your knitting books . . .

When you save a box of yarn that arrives in the mail to open later because you want to savor the moment . . . .

Rorshach
08-29-2005, 09:02 PM
When I don't get enough sleep, I start coming up with strange ideas. Heck, I come up with strange stuff even when I'm not tired. Anyway, I'm starting a Jeff Foxworthy style post... about being addicted to knit. Feel free to add to the list...

You're right Joel, that is a strange idea, funny, but strange.... :roflhard:

besides, I'm just jealous that I didn't think of it first, :P

KellyK
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
When you have your yarn delivered to you at work because you cant STAND the thought of it arriving at your house and not having IMMEDIATE access to it...

When your receptionist assumes that EVERY package that comes in your name contains more yarn....

BinkyKat
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
When you think of a great trip to Minneapolis to go get some baby-nephew lovin' will be a drag of a car ride because dh can't go and I can't be the passenger and knit my way there... (this will be me this weekend)

You hear a flash flood warning on the TV and immediately wonder "is my yarn in a moisture proof containter downstairs?"

You refer to certain skeins of yarn by the vacation spot you bought them at...
:lol:

misstialouise
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
When you look at new areas of the house to put in a built in cupboard, JUST for your knitting supplies.

When you buy a sewing machine so you can make yourself a decent knitting bag.

When all your preferential links in EBay are all pointed towards Craft / Knitting.

When even though you've just purchased a set of Boye Interchangeables, you are wondering how you can get away with buying some Denise's 'just in case' you don't like the Boye's.

When you buy a set of needles at lunch for one project, but can't wait til you get home, so go buy some yarn to start something else at work when no one is looking.

When you start looking at handbags wondering how they'd function as a knitting bag.....

Joel
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
besides, I'm just jealous that I didn't think of it first, :P

You have your moments too bud... you have your moments. :D

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
when your kid goes to school with yarn bits stuck to his shoe

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Joel
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Dang Aaron,

Would have thought you would have caught this one by now....

If you go to a Knitter's Anonymous meeting and you take your knitting bag, you might be addicted to knit.
-------

If you have ever plotted out all of the LYS in your area on a map, you might be addicted to knit.

If you got married and your local LYS owner was your Maid of Honor (or Best Man), you might be addicted to knit.

If you are asked, "How you are doing?" and your answer starts with a variation of "The yarn is..." or "The project is...", you might be addicted to knit.

If you have ever answered "Project Manager" to the what do you do question, you might be addicted to knit.

hedgehog
08-30-2005, 03:05 PM
When you're forcing yourself to stay at work instead of running to the LYS and then home to start a new project you've been daydreaming about... :shock: *whiteknuckling!!* :wall:

-hh

AidanM
08-30-2005, 05:05 PM
You may be addicted to knit if you see things completely unrelated to knitting and instantly envision it worked into a project of some sort.

Rorshach
08-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Dang Aaron,

Would have thought you would have caught this one by now....

If you go to a Knitter's Anonymous meeting and you take your knitting bag, you might be addicted to knit.

Sorry, been feeling a bit slow on the uptake lately.

misstialouise
09-20-2005, 02:02 AM
The lady at the LYS tells you that you spend too much money there.

hehe...maybe I *do* have a problem.. :D

kemp
09-20-2005, 03:24 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: That is pretty bad! :)

Ingrid
09-20-2005, 07:53 AM
:roflhard: I agree! That's kind of like the drug dealer saying, "Sorry, man, I think you've had enough." :rofling:

margie
09-20-2005, 09:14 AM
I think we should continue this idea..................... :thinking:

You know you're addicted to knitting when:

you find yourself looking forward to a dentist's appointment because you know you'll have time to wait in the waiting room= knitting time!! :lol:

mintdee
09-20-2005, 12:49 PM
when you email your teacher to tell her you are sick and won't be in class today, but you stayed home to get in some quality knitting time. :oops:

KellyK
09-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I rarely call in "sick" anymore....I call in "knit". Sometimes on a static-y cell phone, those two words sound REMARKABLY similar!

Joel
09-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I rarely call in "sick" anymore....I call in "knit". Sometimes on a static-y cell phone, those two words sound REMARKABLY similar!

And just how often do you do this? :shock:

Ingrid
09-20-2005, 03:50 PM

you find yourself looking forward to a dentist's appointment because you know you'll have time to wait in the waiting room= knitting time!! :lol:

Not only that, you hope you'll get Novocaine so you'll have time to knit while waiting for it to work.

Ingrid
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM

Not only that, you hope you'll get Novocaine so you'll have time to knit while waiting for it to work.

bekahdrmom
09-20-2005, 04:53 PM
If every picture you see (wedding photos, baby pics, magazine spreads, etc.) prompts your now signature response of "Oh, I could SO knit that!"

And even more so if you then head home as fast as possible to start creating the pattern.

earthchick
09-24-2005, 10:31 PM
If you go to a social event and all you can think about is getting home so you can knit (me, tonight).

If you take your Patternworks catalog to bed with you every night and fall asleep dreaming of yarn.

If you have a million other things to do but just keep telling yourself "Just one more row...."

If your children's new favorite game is "how to get all tangled up in mommy's new yarn."

If you get upset when your cat drags a new ball of yarn out of your knitting bag and drops it in the living room. Not because she messed up your yarn (she didn't) but because you didn't want your dh to know you'd bought more yarn. :blush:

If all your internet bookmarks are for knitting sites or free patterns.

If you can't think of anything new to talk about with people b/c all you do and all your think about is knitting. :doh:

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 05:04 AM
If every picture you see (wedding photos, baby pics, magazine spreads, etc.) prompts your now signature response of "Oh, I could SO knit that!"
And even more so if you then head home as fast as possible to start creating the pattern.
:roflhard: :roflhard: That is so me!!!

If you find yourself wondering more about the pattern they used for that cute cabled pullover thet the character on TV's wearing than the odd psychic baby the character has .... (the show's great, but that sweater was YUMMY, had this really interesting neck shaping for the hood... :thinking: but it would probably take size 5 or 6 needles, it would be very time-consuming.... :shock: IM DOING IT AGAIN!!!!)

If your son was ever (almost) late for school because Mommy was knitting and didn't notice what time it was...

If you try to encourage all your friends and family to try knitting, and can't understand why they think you're weird...

If all future career aspirations have been put aside, because now all you want to do is own your own LYS....

If you're excited about being stuck in a car with three males for 1200 miles and 24 hours... because at least ten of those hours can be spent knitting!!

If you suddenly notice the increases and decrease in your (store-bought!!!) socks ....

If you suddenly decide that everything in your house needs a cozy...

If you judge how weird your dreams are by how strange the stuff you knit in your dream was...(I dreamed I was knitting a sweater out of my ugly carpet, I swear :rollseyes: )

KellyK
09-26-2005, 07:50 AM
If you find yourself wondering more about the pattern they used for that cute cabled pullover thet the character on TV's wearing than the odd psychic baby the character has ....
What TV show has an odd psychic baby?? :??

If you carry your knitting bag WHEREVER you go...like a security blanket, and get a tiny bit anxious, honestly, at the thought of leaving it at home.

KnittinKitten
09-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Kelly! This is me -- I take my knitting bag back and forth to work every day - even though I never get a chance to knit during the day. I call it "field trips". I take my knitting on field trips! I take it with me -everywhere - in case I'm in a traffic jam (in Greenville, South Carolina!?!?!?). I've even tried to get in a couple of stitches at red lights. I don't really recommend this unless you can ignore horn-honking.

You may be addicted to knit if you wait to hear your DH snoring before you stealthily pick up your project, so he won't think "you'rr addicted to knit".

:XX:

KellyK
09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Kelly! This is me -- I take my knitting bag back and forth to work every day - even though I never get a chance to knit during the day.
ABSOLUTELY! :roflhard: Sometimes, I manage to sneak in a row or two on my lunch....

Sara
09-26-2005, 10:36 AM
OMG! I've been so sad all morning because I left the baby kimono at home. I'm almost to the transition row where stitches get put on holders and casting on happens, so I knew it wouldn't be a good idea. Plus it's raining and I haven't finished reading Monsieur Rousseau for my 11:20 class (so what am I doing here?). But I seriously thought about casting on my next project before we left the house this morning. 98 stitches in 12 minutes, I coulda done it! :rollseyes: I think I have a real problem... :lol:

KnittinKitten
09-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh, Sara -- you do my heart good! YOUR confession seems to lessen MY guilt!

Here I am at work - not working - just poring over all the new posts here online :hiding: and thinking about the 2 inches I have left on my Paper Moon tank before I bind off and get to sew it together!

JGM
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
If your favorite computer programming language is Perl (nerd alert!)

If you feel kind of bummed when company comes over because then you can't sit in front of the tv and knit

earthchick
09-26-2005, 12:33 PM
If your husband says at half-past midnight, "You said you were going to bed 2 hours ago. I'm worried about you." As I'm sitting there still :XX: and telling myself I'll just do 2 more rows....

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I was taking my grandson out to the swingset the other day. As he watched me come out the door, he asked, "Where's you knitting and coffee?"

Five years old and he knows me all too well!

Joel
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I was taking my grandson out to the swingset the other day. As he watched me come out the door, he asked, "Where's you knitting and coffee?"

Five years old and he knows me all too well!

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Ahhh, Ingrid, my soul sister!! ;)
My 5yo asked me for a juice the other day as I was knitting... I started to open my mouth and he rolls his eyes at me (!!!) and says... "I know, I know, just a minute, you need to finish your knittin..."(that's how they both say it, rhymes with 'mitten') :roflhard: I couldn't decide if I should scold him for being such a smart a$$, or laugh because I was so predictable...

bekahdrmom
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
If your husband says at half-past midnight, "You said you were going to bed 2 hours ago. I'm worried about you." As I'm sitting there still :XX: and telling myself I'll just do 2 more rows....

Man, am I glad I'm not the only one! My problem is that I don't get enough sleep as it is. So when I stay up too late knitting (too late as defined by DH...NO self-respecting knitter would EVER claim there is such a thing as too late to knit!!!), DH fusses at me to go to bed earlier. He says it's just because he doesn't wanna hear me whine about how tired I am. But I know the truth...sometimes, he's just a knitta hata!

Nah, I'm jk! I :heart: my DH. Hey, he let's me buy yarn...how can you NOT love him to death???

Lacedolphin
10-01-2005, 06:55 AM
If you fake a back ache so you can sit on the couch and knit all day instead of cleaning and doing the laundry...... you may be addicted to knit.

( no comment on where I got that one from... * cough cough* :rollseyes: :twisted: )

If you go to walmart for new curtains and find your hubby pulling you out of the yarn section by the arm and another lady laughing at you ...... you might be addicted to knit.

(um hehehe I went to walmart yesterday...bad idea went for curtains and left with a pound of peaches and cream,lol :eyebrow: )

Ingrid
10-01-2005, 09:09 AM
(um hehehe I went to walmart yesterday...bad idea went for curtains and left with a pound of peaches and cream,lol :eyebrow: )

That's because you decided to save money and knit the curtains. Right? *wink, nudge.*

Vendie
10-01-2005, 09:33 AM
If you're being told to evacuate your building (at work), but you have to stop and grab your knitting project, just in case you'll be out there for awhile......

(I swear this was ALMOST me yesterday! I just didn't have time to get to my desk...)

When the words you make playing scrabble all come from the KH dictionary..."What? Yarngasm's a word! C'mon, I want my triple word score!!!"

InterNette
10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
I dont carry a purse I carry a knitting bag with me everywhere. You just never know when your going to be sitting idle.
Personally a fire alarm is a great time to carry it, what if there was a fire , you wouldnt be going back in anyway.

brightspot
10-27-2005, 03:24 AM
If you say no to chatting with a room full of firemen.

My ds was taking a cpr class last night . He was about 30 min late getting out and 3 different firemen came to the car to see if I wanted to go inside and sit "we have coffee and water". Like water is going to lure me in. They thought I was crazy when I told them no because I was actually getting time to knit. (Maybe I should knit them some dishclothes or mittens or something {as a thank you} :mrgreen: )

KellyK
10-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Maybe I should knit them some dishclothes or mittens or something {as a thank you} :mrgreen:
Hose Cozies??? :roflhard:

InterNette
10-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Bright, you mean the water didnt lure you in? I seen some firemen calendars, did those men look like that at all? I have never seen the inside of a firehouse, I might have been tempted.

I love Idaho by the way, lucky you. I miss the pacific northwest, sniff sniff.

Joel
10-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Maybe I should knit them some dishclothes or mittens or something {as a thank you} :mrgreen:
Hose Cozies??? :roflhard:

(shakes head) Leave it to KK to think of Hose Cozies.... :lol:

brightspot
10-27-2005, 12:47 PM
picture mostly young (26ish) with very big muscles :mrgreen:

brightspot
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Internette, We love Idaho too :D Can't imagine living anywhere else now.

InterNette
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah your addicted to knitting alright.

feministmama
10-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Hose Cozies???

You so silly!! :lol:

liznwillow
10-27-2005, 04:11 PM
If you won't buy anything that you could knit....

If you justify all your purchases as, "But I can't knit it!"....

If every city, town or the like you drive through you insist on finding the LYS...

If you knit instead of eat....

YOU MIGHT BE ADDICTED TO KNIT!

Angelia
10-28-2005, 06:50 AM
OMG!

I am a newbie knitter and just assumed my...erm...yarn interests were just attributable to newbie zeal.

What a relief to discover the condition is chronic and lifelong! :D

This is a fantastic site and refreshing group of people! I'm addicted to this place already after only 4 days!

However, I do find myself wishing I could control the mouse with my mind, thus enabling me to knit and read these posts at the same time...

Vendie
10-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Now that WOULD be nice! I'd get so much more knitting done!

Welcome Angelia! :waving:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Alas, the ability to grow two more arms is not included in the same genetic code as yarn addiction... :verysad:

WELCOME, Angelia! :waving:

Ingrid
10-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you're a member of the "club" already!

Joel
10-28-2005, 09:42 AM
OMG!

I am a newbie knitter and just assumed my...erm...yarn interests were just attributable to newbie zeal.

What a relief to discover the condition is chronic and lifelong! :D

Alas, the ability to grow two more arms is not included in the same genetic code as yarn addiction... :verysad:

WELCOME, Angelia! :waving:

Oh please.... we're still undecided whether you and Ingrid have extra appendages or not.

brightspot
10-28-2005, 11:30 AM
*However, I do find myself wishing I could control the mouse with my mind, thus enabling me to knit and read these posts at the same time.

I read this to my son and he said that you need to learn to move the mouse with your feet. He said that he plays video games like that so he can do something else too. :?eyebrow:

By the way how do you put quotes in the little boxes?

Joel
10-28-2005, 11:42 AM
*However, I do find myself wishing I could control the mouse with my mind, thus enabling me to knit and read these posts at the same time.

I read this to my son and he said that you need to learn to move the mouse with your feet. He said that he plays video games like that so he can do something else too. :?eyebrow:

By the way how do you put quotes in the little boxes?

Press the quote button at the top right of the post you want to quote is the easiest method but....

If you already hit reply or want to add an additional quote... highlight the text and press the quote button at the top.

brightspot
10-28-2005, 11:48 AM
If you already hit reply or want to add an additional quote... highlight the text and press the quote button at the top.

Thank you. :D

Angelia
10-28-2005, 12:10 PM

:shock:

Ahh, the dexterity of youth. I'm lucky if my feet even carry me places. Asking them to do something out of their job description is pure madness!

Pretty cool skill, though! Tell your son I am in awe. :lol:

misstialouise
11-07-2005, 11:55 PM
When you make a trip to your LYS JUST to tell 'your girl' there that you're pregnant.... you might be addicted to knit.. ;)

CateKnits
11-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Ahh, the dexterity of youth. I'm lucky if my feet even carry me places. Asking them to do something out of their job description is pure madness!

Pretty cool skill, though! Tell your son I am in awe. :lol:

I once taught myself to type with my toes. I've been picking things up with my toes since I was six or so. It means I don't have to bend over. :P

So here's my contribution (on that note): When you set your textbook on the floor and turn the pages with your feet so your hands are free to work on your scarf, you might be addicted to knit.

When your roommate suggested skipping class to go to the LYS and you both get excited and actually do it, you might be addicted to knit (in our defense, it happened to be an optional lecture that day), you might be addicted to knit.

When you've started a .txt file on your desktop with a list of friends' names and whether or not they are allergic to wool, you might be addicted to knit.

HeatherFeather
11-08-2005, 07:44 AM
when you are irritated that the trip to the MVA (DMV, Secretary of State), doesn't take the FOUR hours you planned on, but rather two hours....

Angelia
11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
when you are irritated that the trip to the MVA (DMV, Secretary of State), doesn't take the FOUR hours you planned on, but rather two hours....

I used to try to schedule Dr's appointments first thing in the morning so that I wouldn't have to wait long. Not now!

Ingrid
11-08-2005, 04:53 PM

So true!! I'm always disappointed when the dentist/doctor calls me in right away!

misstialouise
02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
When one of the managers at your LYS and her husband are comin' to your 30th b'day party.... you might be addicted to knit..

:happydance:

Angelia
02-08-2006, 07:54 AM

Great one!

And for Kelly: when they know your pets personally! ;)

Cristy
02-08-2006, 09:00 AM
you guys crack me up...

needles
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
You might be addicted to knitting if... you ignore a pinched nerve in your neck because it doesn't interfere with your knitting.... but the moment your thumb starts to cramp preventing you from knitting you seek medical attention. :thinking:

Or you switch to night shift because that means you can knit.

DannahK
02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
When you take on a costuming project because it means you get to knit some of the pieces... you might be addicted to knitting

When you start yet ANOTHER blog because your "normal" friends are tired of reading about knitting... you might be addicted to knitting

When UPS or FedEX shows up and your DH hollers that your yarn is here and you come tearing out of the back room with the current knitting project still cluched in hand and yarn bumping along behind you sending the cat into a tizzy... you might be addicted to knitting

Angelia
02-08-2006, 01:25 PM

Ronda
02-08-2006, 02:18 PM
OMG. I'm only on page 2 and I'm LOL at these! This is the best thread I've ever read!!! :roflhard:

newbieknit
02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
If you find yourself wondering more about the pattern they used for that cute cabled pullover thet the character on TV's wearing than the odd psychic baby the character has ....
What TV show has an odd psychic baby?? :??

The 4400 show on USA is the only one I know of...

Lana
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I suppose reading a 6 page thread about addiction, thinking I could/should be sitting knitting, qualifies. :rollseyes:

And from a really long time ago:
Standing in a discount deptment store with two small kids and hubby with a pen and the checking deposit slips writting down the pattern for a really nice knit/purl aran pattern (with a 42 row repeat) from a machine knit vest, as I tell him "p6, k2, p1, k1, p2, etc, etc".

It took about 10 years before I used that pattern, and amazingly, it made sense. I used it a second time on the scarf I made last month.

punkhippiemom
02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: OMG!! I'm not quite that bad, but I do that too, and made a point of showing DH a sweater that used the same lace pattern as the scarf I had just knit... :D The 4400 show on USA is the only one I know of...That would be the one! ;) I tried to watch some of the ones I have TiVo'd... and it happened again!! :rofling: This time it was a poncho... :shifty:

Lana
02-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Embarressingly addicted is when......

Someone shows you a picture of the newest member of their family
(much worse when it's the real thing) and the first words out of your mouth is,
"What a pretty hand knit. Who made it?" :doh:

Following someone around a public place so you can imprint in your memory the unique cable in their sweater. :shifty:

1to1
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
When you see someone wearing a beautifully, complicated cabled sweater and besides thinking how long it would take to knit something like that. :shock: :thinking: But then thinking of all of you that would be following her around trying to figure out the pattern.....you might be addicted to knitting.

brightspot
02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I did this to some poor 20 something young man at church. I wanted to see how his hat was made. Probably scared him out of a year's growth. :roflhard:

Angelia
02-09-2006, 09:42 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

At least he's almost done growing!

KNITBIT
02-09-2006, 03:44 PM
(copied/edit response from another thread I posted...but LOL qualifies here too! :thumbsup: )

LOL, the other night my dh and I were watching a movie and I was dozing off... :zzz: ...but just for a mere milli-second...(i began to have a dream..) At one moment I seen the actors in the movie, etc., the next...(my eyes were closed and I seen some double pointed wood needles...!?!?!?? :drooling: I was like, "what the ???" "Did I see some nice wood dpns??" :?eyebrow: It was a flash...then BOOM back to the movie. Hmmm...that was odd.. :shock:

KNITBIT :rofling:

On the needles: Socks
Reading: "For Laci" a mother's story of love, loss, and justice

earthchick
02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
You might be addicted to knit if....

You have a nightmare that someone is trying to attack you and you decide to defend yourself with knitting needles (since you obviously have them on-hand).

Your 20 month-old learns a new word while you look at a yarn catalog. Koigu.

Your husband tries to put the moves on you and you respond, "Okay, but do you mind if I knit?" :blush: [I did say this, but it really was just a joke. He laughed, thankfully!]

punkhippiemom
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
You might be addicted to knit if....
Your husband tries to put the moves on you and you respond, "Okay, but do you mind if I knit?" :blush:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
OK, you win!

KNITBIT
02-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Ummm...When you go to pick your son up from school...you arrive early (which you always do to get a nice parking and get some knitting in..) and you casually look at the car next to you...(which I *oops* Did I say I??...neway I never do cuz I'm too busy knitting...) and lo' n behold...a fellow knitter :shock: What the?!?!? In that brief 10 sec. moment I notice she's knitting w/ dpns :happydance: My fav! And is also using self striping yarn...also noticed she was knitting english method. Couldn't tell if she was knitting a sock (which I was..) or...possibly working on a sleeve. Hmm.. :thinking: I thought to myself..("Hmm...I should go tap on her window and tell her how's your project goin'?" "OOo, a fellow knitter..how are you doin'?) :waving:

It was funny cuz the lady parked in the slot to the right :arrow: of me...(whom was parked in reverse as was I...the knitting lady was parked the opposite direction..so I had to turn to my left and look back over my shoulder diagonally..) well..umm the lady to my right who looked to be around my age sat in her car awhile..then got off walked behind my car and crossed in front of the lady knitting next to me...She must've thought..."What's the deal with all the knitting?" :XX: LOL!! :roflhard:

It was cool cuz since I've been knitting (dec. 05) I haven't seen ANYONE :| knitting in public...and GEEZ in such close proximity! :cheering:

I told my son when he got in the car and we were on the way home. He was like that's so n' so's grandma. I'm like, "ohhhhh...." I went on to tell him the whole story...LOL :blush:

KNITBIT :XX:

On the needles: Socks
Reading: "For Laci" A Mother's Story of Love, Loss, and Justice

earthchick
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
punkhippiemom wrote:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
OK, you win!

tee hee :blush: :lol:

AmandaC
02-10-2006, 12:34 PM
You're addicted to knitting when ...

your son wakes up unwell and you think 'yey, he can't go to school ... means I can't go to work.... means knitting time !!!!'

:oops: