PDA

View Full Version : I'm alive... kinda

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Since so many of you were calling me and emailing me and sending me messages wondering what happened to me...

School started yesterday. My kids are nutty but nothing like last year (so far). I've already called 6 parents and laid the smack down on a few more (kids, not parents). I had a "short" meeting yesterday that was nearly 4 hours: everyone wants me to solve their problems for them, because I'm apparently the person who knows how to do everything-----and our fearless leader is, ironically, "out of the loop" in his words. Nice. :rollseyes:
After the meeting I had to get my room ready for kids coming to class today, so i was at school until about 10. Plus and hour drive home. Then an hour drive back for a meeting at 7am this morning. Have I mentioned that despite being here all last week, I was totally in denial about school starting and me like having to TEACH until yesterday... my classroom is a total wreck! I'm still at school now.

I got some knitpicks yarn today, according to my husband. Have I had time to knit? Do I forsee "free time" in the future? Have I even checked in on my coursework?

Worse, all the sitting at my computer made me gain 2 more pounds! :wall: :wall: :wall: I'm going the wrong way!!!! :mad:

AND THERE IS A FREAKING FLY IN MY CLASSROOM THAT WON'T GO AWAY AND I CAN'T KILL. HOW DO FLIES GET INTO A ROOM IN THE BASEMENT WITH NO WINDOWS????????????????????????

WHY DO 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL PLAYERS LIKE ME SO MUCH THEY FEEL THE NEED TO HUG ME AFTER PRACTICE???????????

WHY DOES AUNT FLO DECIDE TO VIST THE WEEK THAT SCHOOL STARTS??????????

WHY oh WHY WHY WHY AREN'T THERE 25 HOURS IN A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*breathing*

Miss you all! I might get more done if i wasn't distracted by wanting to be on here all the time! :heart:

KellyK
08-30-2005, 07:13 PM
OMG I MISSS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

koolbreeze
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
you poor baby!!! heres a hug and not the sweaty stinky kind!!!*HUG*

Sara
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
:waving: Hi, Hildie! I'm studiously ignoring my French homework at the moment. Good to hear from you! Wanna do my World Music homework for me? I kinda thought there would be LESS outside work for this class, but she's requiring a bunch of field trips. FIELD TRIPS! I'm 37, for goodness' sake. I don't want to go on field trips. Eh, but I do want a minor in music--field trips it is. Hang in there!

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 07:50 PM
I always have to laugh when people say that teachers have it soooo easy, only working from 8 to 3, with all that time off. Most have no idea of all the rest that goes into the day of a good teacher. Hang in there, you'll fall into a routine soon enough!

Silver
08-30-2005, 08:05 PM
{{{{{{HUGS HILDE}}}}}}} We miss you!!

Teachers are AWESOME! :heart:

wildforyarn
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Hilde, you have been missed and glad to hear you are alive. The first weeks of school are always hard, teachers and students getting acquainted, etc. Hang in there! :D

rebecca
08-30-2005, 08:13 PM
BIG, HUGE, not sweaty, BEAR HUG from me to you, my very busy bud that so loves kids & teaching that you are willing go thru this each year ;)

punkhippiemom
08-31-2005, 12:37 AM
I hate Aunt Flo. She sucks. And of course, always decides to visit just when you don't want her around.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
WHY DO 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL PLAYERS LIKE ME SO MUCH THEY FEEL THE NEED TO HUG ME AFTER PRACTICE???????????
Awww, they like you, that's so sweat...I mean sweet...

Ingrid
08-31-2005, 12:45 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Rorshach
08-31-2005, 01:01 AM

WHY oh WHY WHY WHY AREN'T THERE 25 HOURS IN A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just like to share, after all that's what we're taught to do right? there ARE 25 hrs in a day, it just sneaks in without telling you, and then leaves real quietly. :lol:

*Hands Hilde a big Green Apple* Hang in there teach.

Aby
08-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah, trust me about the aunt Flo thing.. she was kicking my a.. butt this week. :rollseyes:

I'm also one of many that misses you. Good lord.. what would we do if Kelly went away??? DOWNWARD SPIRAL.. DOWNWARD SPIRAL!

Don't sweat the two pounds. Just take stairs when you can and when you are teaching, try to walk around the class.. you know... those teachers that pace back and forth? ~hugs~ hang in there, sweetie

KellyK
08-31-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm also one of many that misses you. Good lord.. what would we do if Kelly went away??? DOWNWARD SPIRAL.. DOWNWARD SPIRAL!

:shifty:

You'd have Ingrid. And Joel. And 2, count 'em, 2 Julies. And PHM. And ALL the other members here with FANTASTIC senses of humor!

But Im not goin anywhere anytime soon.... MUAH! :heart:

dustinac
08-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Don't ya love Aunt Flo?? Always knows just when to hit!! Sending ya big hugs!!!

KellyK
08-31-2005, 09:51 AM
EVERY time I go on vacation.....E-V-E-R-Y TIME. :|

dustinac
08-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I take my kids home to WV for a week every other month so they can spend time with their grandparents and great grandparents... it never fails the day I'm to travel home... dh loves that :rollseyes:

kemp
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Poor Hilde! I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things. Hope things seem more under control soon. Miss you :)

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Hildie!!! :waving: Wanna Midol to cure all that ails ya? :rofling: Nah worries deary ... all shall settle down once the "beginning of school year" syndrom subsides. :thumbsup: Miss ya deary! >big hug<

MaryS
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Hang in there Hildie!

HUGSfrom all of us NO SWEAT !

We ALL WUVV you
:cheering: :cheering:

Mary

punkhippiemom
08-31-2005, 04:03 PM
... it never fails the day I'm to travel home... dh loves that :rollseyes:

:roflhard: :roflhard: Every big occassion in my life, swear to god...prom, wedding, anniverseries, the occasional weekend w/o kids...every time... :mad:
Kelly, sweet of you to mention me, but I come nowhere close...I joined one day later than you, and yet you have almost FIFTEEN TIMES as many posts as me...you have to stick around, my fingers'd fall off...
Let us know how your doctoral whatsit is going, Hilde...if it's going, that is...

KellyK
08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Im not talking about number of posts....Im talking about your RAPIER WIT! ;)

DotMom61
09-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi Hildie!!

I guess now wouldn't be the time for us to put an Illinois Knitters gathering on the calendar, would it? :lol:

Hang in there and just take it a day @ a time, and if you're like me, Aunt Flo always brings chocolate -- heaping piles of chocolate -- and insists that you eat every last little morsel. Kick her out, I say! Tell her to get her own pad!

OK ... Now I have to admit that it took me 'til I was 1/2-way through the thread to "get" that Hilde didn't really have an Aunt Flo visiting. :oops: We never used that euphemism. We always just called it George or Aunt Martha. Don't know why, but we did.

Anyhoo ... Hilde, we're glad you could find time to pop in and let us know what's going on. BTW ... you're @ the high school, right? We just drove by there on the way home last Sunday whilst trying to avoid all the construction on I-88. I waved!

LisaD715
09-01-2005, 11:04 PM
HILDE!!!!! My turn for hugs, and I am promise I am not sweaty or smelly!!! :D Thank goodness for wonderful people like you who are brave enough to face our children and us every day!!!! You don't get ANY WHERE NEAR the amount of credit you deserve. I hope now that the first week is almost over, things are settling down around the place for you. If not, just remember, Monday is a holiday!!

Do you think you could learn to knit in your sleep? If so, will you teach me? :XX: :XX: :XX:

BinkyKat
09-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I hate Aunt Flo. She sucks. And of course, always decides to visit just when you don't want her around.

has anyone ever REALLY wanted her to come for a visit? :rollseyes:

Ingrid
09-02-2005, 12:11 AM

has anyone ever REALLY wanted her to come for a visit? :rollseyes:

I know lots of women who didn't want to be pregnant welcome her with open arms!! :rofling: