PDA

View Full Version : hey Everyone... Question about socks

Beth
08-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey Everyone, it's been awhile since I've been here. Been knitting purses, blankets and just a lot of other fun stuff. But now I've got a question. I saw a pattern sometime back that you could knit two socks at the same time. Does anyone know where that pattern might be located?
I hope everyone has had a great summer and that everyone is safe from Katrina. Thanks everyone for your help
Beth♥♥♥♥

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 02:00 PM
BETH!!!!!! Where the heck have ya been girl!! Missed ya! Good to see ya back! ;)

BUMP! 'cause I don't know the answer. But do remember reading about them. Maybe a keyword search will help ya. The search option has been upgraded a bit ;)

Beth
08-31-2005, 02:03 PM
I've been fine, just busy busy busy this summer. I see that Amy has really updated things, and it's WONDERFUL....
How have you been? I've been knitting with this great yarn from Joannes, it's Sensations and I'm knitting a great blanket for my niece for christmas. I want to try to make a bunch of socks for the nephews and my other nieces too. Plus matching hats of course.
I will be back as a regular. Thanks for saying hi!
Beth♥

linletter
08-31-2005, 11:56 PM
I haven't been knitting socks for all that long but I do two socks at the same time. It is good because sometimes you just don't have the spirit to knit that second sock and you are left with an orphan!
Google 2 socks on 2 circular needles and you will be led to a website for socknitters. It has an online tutorial on how to do it and once you get the hang of it, you can probably convert any pattern to a circular needle pattern. They have lots of free patterns on their site.
Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles is also a good source.
You can also have two sets of double pointed needles and complete a specific amount of rows on one set and then go to the second set and do the same. You will always have exactly matching socks and I think that people actually do that but in my never humble opinion, that seems like a lot of work.
I prefer the 2 circular needles myself. Less fussy and it eliminates a lot of joins where you can have ladders.
Good luck!

Jeremy
09-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi. I'm not sure if you still need the link but here it is: http://www.socknitters.com/Cyberexplain.htm

JGM
09-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Here's a free pattern from knitpicks to Two At Once, Toe-Up Socks (http://www.knitpicks.com/projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50417220).