PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I've become......

misstialouise
08-31-2005, 11:06 PM
A stasher!!!

In the last week, I have bought sock yarn for my niece's socks, a very fine yarn to make some lingerie out of, and 2 lots of 10 balls of yarn to make a couple of shrugs... (the yarn was 5.99 down to 1.49 ... :D)

And I'm sitting here contemplating how to get the 20 balls of yarn home and stored without my husband seeing them!!!

:S

KellyK
08-31-2005, 11:40 PM
YAYYY for you! Welcome to the club!

Stuff it all inside your shirt & ask him if you look fat.....he'll be afraid to say ANYTHING.

Ingrid
09-01-2005, 12:15 AM

Stuff it all inside your shirt & ask him if you look fat.....he'll be afraid to say ANYTHING.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

misstialouise
09-01-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm sure that my husband will have me committed if I buy anything else without first finishing one of the 5 projects I have on the go...

:S

Rorshach
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM

hehe that's a dangerous question KK, My wife won't ask me that question, cuz she KNOWS that I'll answer yes. Figure that if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

misstialouise
09-01-2005, 01:06 AM

hehe that's a dangerous question KK, My wife won't ask me that question, cuz she KNOWS that I'll answer yes. Figure that if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question

That's appalling!!!!

My husband wouldn't DARE call me fat.. (even though he'd be right LOL)

Rorshach
09-01-2005, 01:39 AM
I know, but then again, if a woman has to ask approval on how she looks and wants a favorable answer, probably best not to ask me. After all, "does this make me look fat" is a baited question, and regardless of what I answer, I'd be in trouble. IE, if I answer yes, then my wife or any other woman will stomp off in tears, but if I answer no, then I'm not giving my honest opinion, and the same effect happens. So how does one win in that situation?

misstialouise
09-01-2005, 01:59 AM
I know, but then again, if a woman has to ask approval on how she looks and wants a favorable answer, probably best not to ask me. After all, "does this make me look fat" is a baited question, and regardless of what I answer, I'd be in trouble. IE, if I answer yes, then my wife or any other woman will stomp off in tears, but if I answer no, then I'm not giving my honest opinion, and the same effect happens. So how does one win in that situation?

Umm... guess what.. we don't *really* want your honest opinion.. we want you to tell us how good we look :D Really.. it's an ego boost thing..

KellyK
09-01-2005, 07:17 AM
I like to give my DH every opportunity to compliment me! I dont like to call it "asking baited questions"...I like to call it enabling an atmosphere conducive to marital bonding!! :mrgreen:

AND, Mr. R...when we say "do I look fat" that means "do I look fatter than USUAL"!

gimmesanity
09-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Or, "do I look fat?" really means: "Tell me how absolutely goregous I am." Duh. :doh:

hehe.

LisaD715
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
There is someting in the handbook abut husbands being required to ALWAYS tell their wifes how beautiful they are at all times.....I just gotta find the book......lemme go look......

InterNette
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
nothing wrong with stashing, i like being able to grab a ball in the middle of the night and get started. I am very slow also however and usually buy more than i can knit anyway but planning is fun also.

BinkyKat
09-01-2005, 11:39 PM
my dh is sitting with me here and he says if you want to sneak your stash into the house, tell him it's ok to go to the nudey bar. that's HIS idea...NOT mine!!! :shock: :rollseyes:
as i''ve said before, i'm married to a 36 yr old 7th grader....

misstialouise
09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
my dh is sitting with me here and he says if you want to sneak your stash into the house, tell him it's ok to go to the nudey bar. that's HIS idea...NOT mine!!! :shock: :rollseyes:

That'd be a top idea.. if it weren't for the fact that he finds 'nudey bars' offensive to his marital state.

Joel
09-02-2005, 03:49 PM

:roflhard:

Aello
09-02-2005, 06:57 PM

OMG I Laughed sooooo hard I started to cry!!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

ekgheiy
09-02-2005, 08:36 PM
as i''ve said before, i'm married to a 36 yr old 7th grader.... Too funny!! :rofl:

ekgheiy
09-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh ... and welcome to world of Shashdom!! I think you'll find you like it here. You'll have plenty of support groups that will walk through your epic journey! :eyebrow: