PDA

View Full Version : YEAH!!! I found help!

Tita
09-22-2005, 12:10 PM
:cheering: Halleluiah! I am so happyto have stumbled onto this website. My 2 1/2 year old wants me to make a bunny for her. I've been coming up with excuse not to because I didn't know what some of the stitches were! Thank goodness I found you! :D

KellyK
09-22-2005, 12:20 PM
WELCOME!! :waving:

This site has been a LIFESAVER for SEVERAL of us!

And, we're FUN.

margie
09-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Welcome, Tita!! :waving:

punkhippiemom
09-22-2005, 01:24 PM
:waving: Hi! I felt the same way when I found it, too. Welcome aboard!

PS
Here's a bunny... (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/toys/bunny.htm)
there's a bunny... (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kff-pocketPetBunny.html)
everywhere a bunny (http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm), bunny... (http://www.jesshutch.com/bunny.html)
LOL
Hope some of these links help.
(My neice is crazy about stuffed bunnies, too, but she sucks her thumb when she has her bunny, so I'm banned from making her one... :verysad:)

mintdee
09-22-2005, 03:20 PM
(My neice is crazy about stuffed bunnies, too, but she sucks her thumb when she has her bunny, so I'm banned from making her one... :verysad:)

That is when you make one anyway but instead of giving it to her directly leave it out at your house so that when she is at your house she can find it :devil:

punkhippiemom
09-23-2005, 02:18 PM
:twisted:
:roflhard:
Well, considering that she's six now, I understand why her mom wants her to stop.

Tita
09-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, but now I have two projects going at the same time! :doh:

Ingrid
09-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Only 2? Check out this thread. (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3777&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=) It address the syndrome known as knitters' ADD. ;)

jodstr2
09-24-2005, 01:41 PM
:happydance: welcome!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

LisaD715
09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
PHM....have your sister put bright band-aids on her thumbs.....she will stop, it worked for Doug, he was 4 and stopped in a week.

KellyK
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
At least she uses bunnies....my sister would use a CHAIR...a wooden child's chair, with the back of the chair laying against her front...and she would suck the two fingers next to her pinky! :??

punkhippiemom
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
:roflhard: LOL That's so funny, KK...
Thanks, Lisa, I'll pass that along... I think DSis has tried just about everything else...
I had the opposite problem with my boys... Not only did they never suck their thumbs, they never took a pacifier or anything either... :rollseyes: made for a very LOUD babyhood...

Ingrid
09-25-2005, 10:20 AM
:roflhard: My first used a pacifier--I thought then that I could be in 'control'. Ha! The only thing I controlled was crawling around on the floor in the middle of the night looking for it!

I encouraged the other two to suck their thumbs--my youngest actually sucked her thumb on the delivery table--and they each gave it up around first grade. Neither would do it in school, but when they got home! Suck fest! My son never needed braces, and my daughter did because of crowding. I don't think the thumb made a difference in that department.

KellyK
09-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Suck fest!
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Tita
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
:shock: Ok I just had an epiphany. I think I'm an ADD Crochet(er). I used to crochet alot before I tought myself knitting and I had 3-4 projects going at once!!! I am trying to get out of that habit but now that I know how to make that damn bunny my daughter wants, I will have 2 projects! Oh, the pressure!!!! :doh:

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 04:46 PM
:roflhard:

We ADD knitters do not CRY at having more than one project!!!
We REVEL in it, we RELISH it, we look forward to the challenge!!
We think it's great when we find that half-finished project in the back of the closet with no pattern to be found anywhere and not nearly enough yarn!!

Oops, sorry, I think I was channeling my KK's drill seargent personality :oops:

Buy some time by having your DD pick out the yarn for the bunny - she'll have so much fun going through your yarn catalogs that you should get an extra week to work on your other project! :thumbsup:

*edited cuz I can't type... grrrr....

KellyK
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
:mad: THERE'S NO CRYING IN KNITTINGGG! :mad:

(PLEASE tell me you've all seen "A League of Their Own"!! )

Tita
10-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I now have 4 projects going at once. Oh well, at least I won't get bored! :lol:

Tita
10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
:mad: THERE'S NO CRYING IN KNITTINGGG! :mad:

(PLEASE tell me you've all seen "A League of Their Own"!! )

"Sir Yes Sir!" :thumbsup: I love that movie. The latest favorite is somewhat unusual in the stupid sense; "Napolian Dinomite"! You gotta watch it a few times!

Anyway, I finished a fingerless glove (one glove only!) and the Knitting ADD thing is kicking in and I don't feel like making my other hand the matching piece. I think I'll make a hat!
:thinking:

Ingrid
10-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Good think you don't have two heads, huh! :rofling:

Tita
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
:roflhard: OMG totally! You're so funny! :rofling:

mintdee
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
You aint seen nothing yet. What till she really gets going! :rofling:

Welcome to the nut house!

aprildavis99
10-08-2005, 04:15 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Wish I was making a hat....one head...hee hee hee.

My cardigan has one front panel longer than the other. I'm not going to cry

Maybe I can create the very first toga cardigan. :??

Tita
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
:doh: OK I realize I'm an aweful speller! (Napoean Dynamite) It's still a great movie! :lol:

punkhippiemom
10-22-2005, 01:08 AM
My cardigan has one front panel longer than the other. I'm not going to cry

Maybe I can create the very first toga cardigan. :??

:roflhard: I'd like to see that.....