PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for angora yarns

MichelleF
09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I am searching for angora yarn, anyone can suggest me a good quality that I can find on the web ? :XX:

Mer
09-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Well, I have no idea about this yarn, but I can vouch for the site--

Angora at Elann.com (http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=elsebeth+lavold+Angora&Season=&Company=&Cat=ALLY&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=21)

Not 100% angora though. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Silver
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Bouton d'Or has a 100% angora yarn that's *machine washable*!! It's called Infeutrable. It's very pricey though... like $25 for 30something yards. That rings up to just shy of $1000 for a sweater. *choke gasp choke*

Anny Blatt has a 70% angora for a better price, still pretty pricey though.

You could check ebay... I snagged 7 balls of Bernat Dreamspun (70% angora, 30% lambswool) for $16! It's very very lovely stuff, but sadly, not produced anymore. :(

Licensed2Cook
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Well there are many angoras out there you didn't say if are you looking for 100% or not or what you are knitting with it.

Classic Elite Lush is a blend very soft but sheds.

Elsebeth Lavold has one too and it does not have the shedding problems as Lush does, and I loved using it.

Jolie is another one and the angora content is much higher than the ones above, it is definitely a luxury angora.

Pure 100% from Valeria de Roma is like butter! You have probably seen those sweet baby booties made out of this stuff, or a yarn like it.

MichelleF
09-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Lots of choice, many thanks for the links ! :D