PDA

View Full Version : CHAT IS ON!

foldedbird
09-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Chat is on for as long as possible. I may have to make a quick exit, however. I just laid my oldest down with a fever of 102.8. If it is unchanged or higher in 30 minutes we are going to the ER.

See you for the time being at chat right here @ KH!

mintdee
09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
:crying: I always miss them. :( how often do the chats occur?

foldedbird
09-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Every Tuesday, 8pm EST! Hope we see you next time, Dee!

AidanM
09-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Aw dangit. Ya'll have got it smack dab in the middle of my rehearsals. Ah well, maybe when the show is over in November.

foldedbird
09-29-2005, 12:08 AM
awww, sorry aidan! You can always add us to your IM list. Joel, Aaron, and I are usually around at odd hours having unofficial knit chat ;)

AidanM
09-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Muhahaha!
Now I can discuss knit things with people who will understand or to whom I can explain at least a sl1-kn2togpsso. Muhahahahahaaa!

foldedbird
09-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Slip 1: You just move the stitch over to the right needle without knitting it. It's usually best to slip purl wise, but pay attention to your pattern, it might ask you to slip knit wise.

k2tog: knit 2 stitches together. you'll put your needle into 2 stitches at once and knit like you would regularly. This is a common decrease, you're eliminating a stitch with this one. It's a right slanting decrease, btw.

psso: Pass Slipped Stitch Over. Here's an example: sl1, k1, psso. You slip a stitch, then knit a stitch. Then, you'll stick your left hand needle into the stitch you slipped that is now on the right hand needle. You'll pull that stitch over the knit stitch and off of the right hand needle, letting it drop. Now you've decreased again, by one stitch.

If you did sl1, k2tog, psso you're doing some very rapid decreasing, and just follow what I said above (replace the k1 above with k2tog). It looks a little complicated, but once you have a rythym down it's not so bad :)

Hope this helps...Denise

p.s. sl1, k1, psso is a left slanting decrease.