PDA

View Full Version : YEAH!!! I'm selling my knitting...

snephenie
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
So I chat on the WW message boards a lot (have for a few years now) There is a group of women that belong to my church and we post to each other every day. Since I started knitting I have been showing them what I have made.
A few have asked me to make things for them. I was talking to my mom the other night and she suggested I sell my items. (Not like I'm great or anything LOL)

I have been wanting to go to this conference for church to meet with these moms I've been chatting with for a while and now Im going to be selling my bags/scarves and hats to save up for it.

I have 5 orders already! Not wanting to get too big, don't want knitting to turn into a pressure builder for me, but it's fun to be able to make a little extra money doing something you love!

Ingrid
10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Good for you! Just don't be afraid to ask for what your knitting is worth! Your time counts, too, not just the value of the yarn. No matter how much you love knitting, and I can totally appreciate that, working for 1 or 2 bucks an hour isn't worth it.

ekgheiy
10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Congrats!!! :cheering:
I'm green with envy :mrgreen:

foldedbird
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
WTG! Have fun with it.

Silver
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
That's awesome, congratulations! http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/graemlins/w00t.gif

dustinac
10-04-2005, 10:16 PM
:cheering: Thats wonderful

Knitwise
10-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Gratz on selling knitting!

I don't think anyone would buy mine, one order (baby socks) would probably take me months coz i'm a slow knitter. I'm still a noob at knitting.

I started making jewelry with beads too that I could probably sell. I wish I had a digi camera so I could show you these really cute chili pepper earrings I just designed today. I will probably design a chili pepper bracelet too. I bet I can do chili earings with yarn too once i get the hang of knitting some more. Have to learn how to increase and decrease still. I dunno, maybe someone can have fun making a pattern for knitting some chili pepper earings and post it here =)

LisaD715
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
How awesome!! I want to sell things at bazaars eventually....I would love to make a full time job out of this but I am soooooo far away from it.

kemp
10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Congrats! How fun!

VickiIL
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
How fun! I would love to find a way to make money knitting! What a dream.

daydreamer
10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
How wonderful! Congratulations!!! :cheering: :happydance: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-07-2005, 06:40 AM
That's GREAT, Steph!! I'm very happy for you! It's wonderful to make $ from something you :heart: !