PDA

View Full Version : Darn you people!

mintdee
10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Here I was totally content with the Acrylic yarn that I had grown so used to useing. Then I joined up here. After reading all of the posts about all the great yarns out there I decided to treat myself to some decadance yarn from Knitpicks. Well I recieved it today and am offically over my enjoyment of Acrylic yarn. That stuff is soooo soft and lovely! :inlove: I haven't even tried a swatch yet. I am going to roll it into a ball tonight once my kids go to bed and play tomorrow. :drooling:

Just wanted you to know that I was blissfully ignorant before I joined up here , but you all have ruined that for me :roflhard:

margie
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Your life will never be the same........ :rofling:

MaryS
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Glad we could help! :roflhard: :roflhard:

As KK said yesterday - we're a great bunch of enablers! :thumbsup:

What are you going to turn that lovely yarn into?

Mary

Ingrid
10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Kind of like going from McDonalds to Filet Mignon isn't it!!

rebecca
10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes....I have boxes under my bed FULL of KP yarns!! :heart: :inlove: :heart: them...can't help myself...LOL!! One box is exclusively sock yarn...they have very nice sock yarn ;) !!

mintdee
10-05-2005, 04:53 PM
they have very nice sock yarn ;) !!
Hush you! :roflhard:

This yarn is going to be a scarf for me. I am thinking the elongated stitch scarf... not sure yet...So hard to decide. :doh: :roflhard:

brendajos
10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
aww just remember one reeeeeeeeally nice thing with Knitpicks...the yarn is SUPAH-cheap! i paid as much for some lion brand acrylic as the most expensive knitpicks yarn!

KellyK
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
YEAH! Its not like you bought some Cherry Tree Hill at 35 bucks/hank!! Enjoy your yarn in all its glorious and yummy inexpensiveness!

Preeeeety color!!

hedgehog
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Mintdee,

I feel the same as you... i was happy in my ignorance... Now there's a whole new, scary and EXPENSIVE world out there...

They should be ashamed ;)

-hh

Julie
10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Oooooh, Decadence...I loooooved knitting with that!! Have fun! :D

rebecca
10-07-2005, 06:42 AM
My new fave (besides knitpicks, of course!) is South West Trading Company's soysilk yarn :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: After I finish my Dulaan scarf ensemble I will do my clapotis in my new SWTC Karaoke yarn...now, this is some :heart: YUMMY yarn!!!

KellyK
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
What's your favorite source for that stuff, Becca? Does it come in black? Does it have a nice drape to it? Im thinking about Knitty's COZY...

Sara
10-07-2005, 10:19 AM
KK, I really want to do Cozy, too! I had thought about the alpaca/silk from Knitpicks. Do you think it needs a yarn with some definition? Let me know what you decide to use, please.

I actually have the yarn lined up for three more projects after I finish this baby kimono, but I've been working on this one for about five weeks now (the first one took me five days :rollseyes: ). However, I keep thinking and thinking about COZY, so it may get bumped to the top of the list.

KellyK
10-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about Knitpicks' Elegance...I like the SHEEN it has. The Andean Silk has some of that, too, but I think the Elegance is just a tad yummier. ;)

The reason Im also considering the Soysilk is because (1) Rebecca loves it so much and has me interested, and (B) I knit Traveling Vines in Berroco's denimsilk and I liked the HEFT of it for a wrap.

Sara
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm going to go over to the LYS and plant myself in their easy chair for a bit. I'm going to check out her soysilk. She handed me some last night, I think. More SEx? You bet! No more classes today, I'm going to take an hour off before I clean the house. :cheering:

knitting4babybear
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Co-signing....

I drove over to my LYS (the real one, not the craft store) and actually felt some of the natural fibers... ***biting my fist*** :inlove:

I'm knitting with crap, dude.

I'm finishing my projects and not starting another with anything but yummy yarn.

Ingrid
10-09-2005, 04:35 PM
It's a slippery slope, my friend, a very slippery slope!! Glad to see we'll be seeing you down here at the bottom in our piles of wool and alpaca! :rofling:

aprildavis99
10-10-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm knitting with crap, dude.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I hear ya! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

mintdee
10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Its amazing how great that stuff feels isn't it? I am dying to finish the poncho that I am working on so that I can get to work with my new yummy yarn!

I am also trying to figure out how to talk my hubby into buying some wool so that I can make a booga bag and then its on to Clogs! :shock:

knitting4babybear
10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
*sigh*

Now I'm really in trouble. I have a shopping bag at knithappens with 5 (6?) balls of Blue Sky Bulky Hand Dye (half the size and weight of the ones I get now. for 2 bucks..so I need more of it) in Peace Pink that are 14.50 or so a ball.

I need not another thing to spend money obsessively on...I promise you. I already have a conditioner, candle, incense/holder, and essential oil fetish that requires plenty of funding. :shock:

At least I get something I can KEEP out of this tho. Cept the expensive yarn is for a dear, dear friend - who while she is very dear, is still not me. *whine*...

Well, I guess I get to keep her, wearing the yarn... :thinking:

Oh dear. I'm still typing aren't I?

Lacedolphin
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I'm knitting with crap, dude. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Don't feel bad they did it to me too! I was all happy with my walmart bought red heart, till after a week of reading on here about some of the other yummy yarns available, and Whammo! Next thing ya know I'm on the knitpicks site with the credit card!

It's all thier fault!!! :---

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
I was all happy with my walmart bought red heart, till after a week of reading on here about some of the other yummy yarns available, and Whammo! Next thing ya know I'm on the knitpicks site with the credit card!

It's all thier fault!!! :---

Mmmm Hm. Enablers. The lot of them. :)

:roflhard: @ you :roflhard: at my knitting with crap....

Well I AM...LOLOL!

rebecca
10-11-2005, 04:59 PM
It's a slippery slope, my friend, a very slippery slope!! Glad to see we'll be seeing you down here at the bottom in our piles of wool and alpaca! :rofling:

AND...they very yummiest of soysilk & 50/50 soysilk/wool...my new obsession :drooling:

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 10:23 PM

AND...they very yummiest of soysilk & 50/50 soysilk/wool...my new obsession :drooling:

And I can find these where? :happydance: :XX:

I'm very curious about soy silk...very.