PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to make this scarf, or have a pattern?

Danielle
10-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I was out shopping today, and saw this knitted scarf in Sears that I really liked. I was wondering if anyone had ever made something like it, or had a pattern for it? Sorry for the bad pic, I used my camera phone. The scarf is light blue and lavender. Here is a pic:

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
It looks like knitted strips woven together. Were they connected?

Danielle
10-08-2005, 09:02 PM
No, they wern't connected...The scarf was pretty stretchy.

Ingrid
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I guess you could knit lots of thin strips and weave them together.

Danielle
10-08-2005, 09:12 PM
:thinking: I might try doing one sometime...The weaving might be a little tricky. How many strips would I need?

rebecca
10-08-2005, 09:18 PM
It kind of resembles entrelac technique...except it's going in one direction. Here (http://knitting.about.com/library/blentrelacinstruct.htm) is something similar.

dustinac
10-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I knew I had seen a scarf like this on here lol I was out today and picked up a little magazine type book that they keep up close to the registers called Simple 1-2-3 Knitting Scarves and they have a scarf in there like this but they only use 3 where this has multiple... not sure how much of the pattern I can put down here.. since its copyrighted.... :?? does that mean none of it :lol:

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
That reminds me of one I saw in Scarf Style (Pam Allen). It's called something like "Wandering Cables" or something like that. She also has an entrelac patterned shawl in there that's just gorgeous. You could probably adapt that pattern to be more like a scarf.

gardenmommy
10-16-2005, 05:39 PM
I picked up that same booklet, dustinac! I'm such a sucker! LOL I really love the Color Waves one, wish the KPPPM wasn't so durn expensive.

Could you tell if the strips were actually connected to each other and it was knit "solid" or were they just woven back and forth loosely (could you put your fingers in bewteen them?) and connected at the ends?

humblestumble
10-16-2005, 10:54 PM
it looks like five long tubes of stockinette stitch woven together.

dustinac
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I picked up that same booklet, dustinac! I'm such a sucker! LOL I really love the Color Waves one, wish the KPPPM wasn't so durn expensive.

ohh I liked that one too and the Butterfly one so pretty... and the fake fur one lol I got the book for more Ideas for all the scarves I need for Christmas lots of great ideas!! :happydance: