PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE reprimand me

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Tell me there will be yarn left in the world even if I don't buy it all right now!

Since truly discovering the beauty of KH on...oh....Saturday? I have bought 80 dollars worth of yarn and pattern books from Knitpicks...two sets of large Lantern Moon ebonies off Ebay, am watching ANOTHER auction for a GORGEOUS yarn that I MUST have, and am waiting a week so I can replenish my savings so I can get several balls of Blue Sky Alpaca in Peace Pink - which I'm OBSESSED over. I've just been going to the site and gazing at it like a jilted lover. :roflhard:

I'm a mess. And I don't get the sense from the posts here that this is likely to let up. :shifty:

kemp
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
We're mostly enablers here...you're not likely to get much reprimanding :)

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Way to go! Don't forget that if it's on sale it will NEVER be on sale again! So you must snatch it all up immediately! And if you see a yarn that says 'discontinued'--there will never, ever be anything like it ever again. Buy it all. Even if you have no clue what you're going to do with it. If something is being auctioned--bid highest! You'll be the WINNER!! The person who would have outbid you probably doesn't deserve the yarn, anyway. Credit card companies are happy to raise your limit--and you know all those free offers you get in the mail for new cards? ;)

Now how's THAT for enabling! :happydance:

KellyK
10-11-2005, 11:28 AM
:roflhard: OMG, Ingrid.... :roflhard:

The only thing that keeps me reasonable is the fear of the NAGGING I will get from DH! :shock:

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Way to go! Don't forget that if it's on sale it will NEVER be on sale again! So you must snatch it all up immediately! And if you see a yarn that says 'discontinued'--there will never, ever be anything like it ever again. Buy it all. Even if you have no clue what you're going to do with it. If something is being auctioned--bid highest! You'll be the WINNER!! The person who would have outbid you probably doesn't deserve the yarn, anyway. Credit card companies are happy to raise your limit--and you know all those free offers you get in the mail for new cards? ;)

Now how's THAT for enabling! :happydance:

YOU are no help, miss lady. :roflhard:

But I like the rationale... :happydance: I'll show my FI this thread when he finds my rapidly growing yarn stash in the trunk of my car.

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 11:35 AM
:roflhard: OMG, Ingrid.... :roflhard:

The only thing that keeps me reasonable is the fear of the NAGGING I will get from DH! :shock:

My BIGGEST problem, to date. :rollseyes: I wish nagging were the extent of it. I get full scale ATTITUDE. :rofling:

KellyK
10-11-2005, 11:35 AM
EWW! Dont store it in the trunk of your car!! It's gonna STINK! :doh:

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 11:39 AM
EWW! Dont store it in the trunk of your car!! It's gonna STINK! :doh:

:( But he'll see it..... :shock:

Alright alright, I'll wait til he's napping this evening and then make my move...hopefully it's not too bad.

I've already taken to putting vanilla beans in my storage baskets/containers to add my favorite scent to the yarn. It's working. :happydance: That should help. It's only been a day or two.

kemp
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
What a great idea! I never thought of scenting my yarn.

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 11:57 AM
What a great idea! I never thought of scenting my yarn.

Thanks kemp, it was the very first thing I thought of when I started hoarding...I mean buying, yarn. :) I'm fanatical about scent and vanilla makes me calm and happy.

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Good lord ladies--it's not like you smuggling Vodka into the house!!

jodstr2
10-11-2005, 12:00 PM
oooh! :inlove: thanks to this thread I just remembered something - I'm going to the LYS to get a book they ordered for me last week. I forgot they have that closeout Linen Print... must. get. more...............
no reprimanding from me, I keep buying and buying.

kemp
10-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm leaving to check out at new Cincy yarn store right now. I am SURE to return with MORE yarn.

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Good lord ladies--it's not like you smuggling Vodka into the house!!

I'll give you my number, Ingrid. You call him and tell him so. You'd think I was bringing home Calvin Klein models, the way he acts. :rollseyes:

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm leaving to check out at new Cincy yarn store right now. I am SURE to return with MORE yarn.

:cheering:

rebecca
10-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Be like me & have a sweet husband that buys the knitting gear for you :D!! Yes, I have to flaunt that as often as possible ;)!! I and/or my husband buy yarn, books, accessories for me ALL OF THE TIME...it's an addiction; no getting around it ;) .
OMGOSH, I THINK MY ADDI'S WILL BE HERE TODAY :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
We all :heart: :heart: :heart: the acquirement of these knitting necessities :thumbsup:

mintdee
10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Have you talked him into giving classes yet?! C'mon Rebecca share! :roflhard:

btw no help here either. Last night I went to Target and got some cheapy yarn just because it was 1.00 as well as the size four needles they were selling. Plus I have needles coming to me from TaraKnits PLUS I plan on buying some wool for a booga bag in the next few days. MUST. HAVE. MORE. :shock:

:roflhard:

KnittinKitten
10-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Did someone say VODKA!?!

Grey Goose, Skyy, Mezzaluna, Pearl, Ketal One, Rose ... if I ever had a problem with DH and yarn, all I'd have to do is bring in one of these vodka's and all would be forgiven.

:XX:

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Be like me & have a sweet husband that buys the knitting gear for you :D!! Yes, I have to flaunt that as often as possible ;)!! I and/or my husband buy yarn, books, accessories for me ALL OF THE TIME...it's an addiction; no getting around it ;) .
OMGOSH, I THINK MY ADDI'S WILL BE HERE TODAY :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
We all :heart: :heart: :heart: the acquirement of these knitting necessities :thumbsup:

Show off. :rollseyes:

:roflhard: Just teasing you Rebecca...I bet that's why you're such a guru here...

They do say the creme de la creme always has a killer support network. ;)

rebecca
10-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Show off...NO DOUBT :roflhard: :roflhard: ; but guru...I'm not so sure, but thanks ;)

Oh, oh, I told him that lessons have been requested, he will just kind of :oops: blush and say 'girls' and then kind of beam :sunny: with pride and walk off....my :inlove: sweetie :D

koolbreeze
10-11-2005, 01:20 PM
i just pout a little and say pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. then i get it... but most of the time i just buy it without DH knowing... he asked me one day how i keep getting more yarn and needles and he never sees me buy it... :shifty: i say oh my grandmother (at the LYS) gave it to me!! hee hee

Joel
10-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Tell me there will be yarn left in the world even if I don't buy it all right now!

Since truly discovering the beauty of KH on...oh....Saturday? I have bought 80 dollars worth of yarn and pattern books from Knitpicks...two sets of large Lantern Moon ebonies off Ebay, am watching ANOTHER auction for a GORGEOUS yarn that I MUST have, and am waiting a week so I can replenish my savings so I can get several balls of Blue Sky Alpaca in Peace Pink - which I'm OBSESSED over. I've just been going to the site and gazing at it like a jilted lover. :roflhard:

I'm a mess. And I don't get the sense from the posts here that this is likely to let up. :shifty:

Ok... since no one else will do this.....

:fingerwag:

Feel better now?

rebecca
10-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Lonnie and I are just happy to indulge one another's hobbies, no fuss, no muss. If it makes me happy, he's thrilled! And I feel the same about him and his hobbies :D. Although, I will confess that he surprises me with mine much more than I do with his bc I don't know exactly what to get when it comes to keeping up with all of his electronics; guitars, etc, etc..I surprise differently ;)
I just decided that I had better EDIT before something is said....I leave notes in his lunch, send cards and/or small gifts to work, etc.

Julie
10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
gazing at it like a jilted lover
I was at my LYS over the weekend and got to feel Malabrigo wool...and this is exactly how I feel. I keep going to sites that carry it, just so I can look at it some more. It's unbelievable. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/sigh.gif

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Did someone say VODKA!?!

Grey Goose, Skyy, Mezzaluna, Pearl, Ketal One, Rose ... if I ever had a problem with DH and yarn, all I'd have to do is bring in one of these vodka's and all would be forgiven.

That's it. Get him drunk and passed out--you can carry in anything then! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-11-2005, 01:46 PM

JOELY LOUISE! :mad: YOU are now OFFICIALLY on KH PROBATION! We will have NO MORE of THAT nonsense!

knitting4babybear
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM

JOELY LOUISE! :mad: YOU are now OFFICIALLY on KH PROBATION! We will have NO MORE of THAT nonsense!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

You guys are soooo fun.

Note. To. Self - Vodka. Good thing there's an ABC (liquor store) on the corner of the intersection of my LYS/ :happydance:

KnittinKitten
10-11-2005, 02:35 PM
JOELY LOUISE!

:rofling: Just adore this name. Wonder if it will stick ... will the DW start using it?

Joel
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

You guys are soooo fun.

Glad to provide the entertainment... we'll be here all week... check your local paper for show times. ;)

Lacedolphin
10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
My hubby is a knitting enabler thank goodness! He's found advantages to me staying in one place on the couch. See he's a cuddler and normally I'm running around doing this and that. Now i curl up with my needles and yarn like a cat and he can cuddle up against me,lol.

Since finding that knitting keeps me from nagging and keeps me on the couch during our TV shows instead of running around and asking him to tell me what happened, he's grown very fond of my new hobby. :cheering: He thinks its "cute" to watch me rush in the door with my new aquirements and dissappear into a corner all by myself. He asked me the other day if I would prefer a needlemaster kit or a set of birch hand-made needles from santa. :happydance: Of course I said BOTH!!! :rofling: :thumbsup:

kemp
10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
gazing at it like a jilted lover
I was at my LYS over the weekend and got to feel Malabrigo wool...and this is exactly how I feel. I keep going to sites that carry it, just so I can look at it some more. It's unbelievable. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/sigh.gif

OMG...I just got some (Malabrigo) too Julie! It's so YUM!

kemp
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
lacedolphin...that is so cute! My DH is sort of the same way (cuddler anyway). Now I just have to convince him I can talk, knit and watch TV at the same time.

rebecca
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
:cheering: He thinks its "cute" to watch me rush in the door with my new aquirements and dissappear into a corner all by myself. He asked me the other day if I would prefer a needlemaster kit or a set of birch hand-made needles from santa. :happydance: Of course I said BOTH!!! :rofling: :thumbsup:

GOOD ANSWER, GOOD ANSWER!!! :cheering: :cheering:
I was right...my ADDI'S came in the mail today :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

kemp
10-11-2005, 07:14 PM
YAY!!! New addi's. Have you fondled them yet?

rebecca
10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
YAY!!! New addi's. Have you fondled them yet?

:D You know me so well...I have played with them & wished that they were size 2 bc that's what I'm using now! I'm going through the buy a couple of sets a payday until I have come the 100% addi snob....I would have done it long ago had I known about Jeff_wonderland @ Ebay and/or yarn-shop.com!! But, I didn't, so I know now & have begun the process :D and I am happy, happy, happy :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

SoapDoc
10-11-2005, 09:43 PM

Ummmm, I _think_ you may be in the wrong place to be stopped from buying more yarn! I think most of us here buy all we can whenever we can. Sorry! :)

SoapDoc
10-11-2005, 10:09 PM
yarn-shop.com!! But, I didn't, so I know now & have begun the process :D and I am happy, happy, happy :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Rebecca, can you please, please give me more info about this place? I can't get there, and of course, being the addict that I am must know about all new places you all are shopping!!! Is the site down maybe??

TIA! Even though I am a bambooaholic, those addi's are SOOOOOOO nice for some yarns I think I will have to get them in each size as well. OY! And I though fragrances were addicting!

TIA!!