PDA

View Full Version : Skully.

kome
10-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Okay.... I'm still knitting the FRONT of Skully and it's been a month! Gaaaahhh. I can't seem to just sit down and knit this because it's SO boring to knit. Somebody help me out here. Encourage me! I really do want to make this sweater.

Also... I think it would help if someone else were knitting this. Anyone else want to join in and show me their progress?

The other problem I'm having is that I'm using that soft worsted weight yarn instead of wool (MUCH cheaper). I just upped the size 2 sizes. It's going to be big, but I don't know how warm. I live in Florida so it's not like it'll be a problem. So yeah... it's just BORING to knit. I was thinking of adding something, but it's a little too late.

I'm SO close to finishing the front now. I'm on the shoulders. 1 inch to go and I started knitting my hat project instead. DOH! WHY can't I just finish this??? :crying:

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Now you know why we all have several things on the needles. Boring is boring. Rent a movie or two, make yourself sit and knit on it. When it gets to be too, too, much, set it aside and do something else. When you're ready, you'll pick it up again.

kome
10-14-2005, 09:10 PM
*sigh* Well okay then. I just wish I were more patient, but I do believe I'll get the little sucker done. :thumbsup:

liznwillow
10-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I know what you mean about boring projects. I have a hooded scarf on the needles from 2 years ago. :doh: What is the Skully sweater?

kome
10-17-2005, 12:09 PM
It's from Stitch N' Bitch: A Knitter's Handbook. It's a sweater pattern and it's soooo cute. It's a good beginner's sweater for straight needles. I just LOVE the book too. It has some AWSOME patterns, ecspecially for us younger crowd. :)

liznwillow
10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Hmmm... :thinking: Well, Maybe I will pick up the book and knit along with you. Do I have time to catch up, or are you wayyyy ahead of me?

kome
10-17-2005, 05:11 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: You have time! I JUST finished the front and I've been doing this for a month. It's not that it takes that long, I just haven't been working on it. :rollseyes: Please join in!

liznwillow
10-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Ok... well continue "holding off" until I get the pattern, yarn and stuff. :roflhard:

kome
10-18-2005, 05:53 PM
*giggles* That's fine. I'm so slow anyways, you'll catch up. I feel like starting a scarf anyways. Hmmm...

susies1955
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
kome,
That little thingy you are holding in your photo looks just like what I did the at my first class so I could learn the knit stitch. It is the exact color too.
I think it is great that you found someone to do the sweater along with you. That sounds like such fun.
I've got that book and just started reading it not long ago and am enjoying it.
Have a nice night,
Susie

kome
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Yep! That's what it is! Mine is from learning here on KH though. Hehe. And thanks! You too!

susies1955
10-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Kome,
My little practice thingy is here:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/465294739/465296185hGwLCT
I love this forum too. :o)
Susie

wabbit
10-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I'd LOVE to do Skully, but I can't afford the yarn for it just yet! How's it coming? If I can get the funds anytime soon I'll definitely go for it!

wabbit
10-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I broke down today and cashed in my spare change! :lol: I guess I'll be starting on this soon :)

kome
10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I didn't use wool for mine. :rollseyes: I'm using soft worsted weight yarn. I kinda wish I'd bought wool, but it's too late now. Oh well! I think I'll like it either way. :)

wabbit
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I started this last night! I have about 4 inches done so far. I'm doing the back first because I'm thinking about putting some words on the front, but not sure how to do it just yet! How's it going kome?

kome
11-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Heh... I've been working so much that I haven't had much time to actually work on it. *sigh* It's coming along just fine, but I need to work on it a lot more if I ever want to finish it. I have been taking it to work with me to knit in the car, but it's difficult with such little room. I'll try and get some done this weekend. :)

amy
11-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Kome, I didn't know that your adorable avatar pic of you and the little knitted object was your first knitted object, and that you learned to do it here on KH! :sunny: I love hearing that!!!

LOVE that pic, too. You're so cute! :D

kome
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Hehehe. Thanks! KH is AWSOME! I can't wait to learn new things... as soon as I finish this sweater. :roflhard:

wabbit
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I finished off one skein! I have 11 inches done so far :D

kome
11-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I finished off one skein! I have 11 inches done so far :D

GO GO GO!!! I've been so tired from working at this maid service that I never have any energy to knit. That or I'm online looking at knitting related things. I think I do that more than I knit. Hah! I'm so impatient.

Hmmmm... it's a race to see who finishes first wabbit! I think my sweater cost me a whole $12 with the yarn I used. LOL. And I got TOO MUCH yarn even. I didn't even finish a whole skein for the front. o.0

kome
12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Almost done with the back! :happydance:

I finally started working on it again. Woohoo!

wabbit
12-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I can't wait to get back to mine. I haven't worked on it at all since my last post :( I think you'll definitely beat me!

kome
12-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Hehehehe. That's okay. I've been "working" on my a lot longer than you have. I'm on the first sleeve now! I was dreading doing the intarsia for some reason (not sure why), but it's fine. I guess I was worried because it's my first big project.

Oh, and I sewed one of the shoulder seams inside-out. :roflhard: Oops. I guess it'll be "special" now. I'm not going to worry about it as it's more of a shaggy sweater anyways. Maybe I'll sew one of the sleeve seams inside-out. :P

wabbit
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
So kome did you finish it? I just finished the back. I am so freaking slow! I don't know if this'll ever get done. If you are done, I'm giving up on the knitalong :lol:

kome
12-31-2005, 12:27 AM
DO NOT GIVE UP! I will have to kill you if you do so. :rollseyes: *whistles

And no, I am not finish- HOWEVER.... I have to finish it this weekend. School starts in a week and I have TOO much to do. *sigh* So yeah. It's 11:25 PM on a Friday night. I am going for some coffee, Firefly, and to knit! Good luck my friend. You can do it!n I will post a pic of my 'thing' when I am done.

:XX: :XX: :XX: :doh: :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX: :doh: :XX: ..........

kome
12-31-2005, 01:52 PM
OMG!! I'm almost doooone! :shock:

So many holes because of this stupid acrylic yarn, but oh well. I didn't know a thing about yarns when I started this thing anyways.

wabbit
12-31-2005, 04:33 PM
The skull looks great! I still haven't picked it up again to start on the front :lol:

I'm thinking instead of the skulls on the arms I will do just one on the front. I'm using the black of course, and a baby pink for the skull. Hmmm, getting a little excited about it right now, might have to work on it tonight!

kome
12-31-2005, 06:10 PM
The skull looks great! I still haven't picked it up again to start on the front :lol:

I'm thinking instead of the skulls on the arms I will do just one on the front. I'm using the black of course, and a baby pink for the skull. Hmmm, getting a little excited about it right now, might have to work on it tonight!

I love the baby pink idea! :inlove: Pink is my favorite color. Hehe. I wanted bright pink nails for New Years, but I have every pink in the world except BRIIIIGHT pink. *Sigh* Very sad. I already painted them dark burgundy too. Oh well.

I was going to do stripes on the other arm, but now I'm not so sure! I really like the way the skull pattern turned out. :)

I wanted to work on it more tonight, but I have plans. Ah well. I hope to finish it by the end of this week if nothing else. Good luck with yours! I can't wait to see it on better yarn! Haha.

wabbit
01-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Well I am slowly making progress. I've got the front and back done, and one sleeve! I'm working on a little chart for some writing on the other sleeve, and then I'll get to the actual knitting. Woot!

How's yours doing, kome?

kome
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow Wabbit! That's awsome! I... am about to do the other sleeve today. I am going to do stripes just to be different. I like the skull but if I do another one it will look different, and I kinda like the idea of stripes anyways. :D

Hopefully I will finish this thing today!

wabbit
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I just sewed all my seams :cheering: I still have to weave in my 10 meeelion ends, but I'm done knitting! I'll get a pic taken later and post it :D

CateKnits
01-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I think seeing a finished one will make me want to make one. I've been thinking about buying that book just for this pattern!
Of course, I really need to be working on three sweaters at once. :rollseyes:

wabbit
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
DONE!!! Go check it out at my blog (http://www.wabbitscrafts.blogspot.com/) :D

CateKnits
01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
That's awesome! I love the knit or die!
Good job. :D

kome
01-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I LOVE it wabbit! Mine is different too, but not nearly as creative. I love the "knit of die"!!! :roflhard:

I'm happy with it, but not ecstatic. I'm just glad to be finished! Dorky pic! And I really do like it I guess. It's my first sweater! :happydance: :heart: :D

wabbit
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Silly :lol:

It looks great! I was curious what yarn you used?

kome
01-06-2006, 08:19 PM
I AM silly. I used really cheap acrylic yarn called "Simply Soft". You can get it at Wal-mart for $2 a skein. :rollseyes: I didn't know a THING about yarn when I started this project; or gauge, or ANYthing, so I'm just glad it fits! Hah. Time to go start my purse! :)

Jillle
01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Wabbit and Kome -- I :heart: your skully sweaters. I would love to be able to make even a scarf with that skull pattern, but I'm too chicken just yet.
Awesome job. :thumbsup:

BarHeathe
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I LITERALLY just bought yarn for Scully last night. Grey with light pink skulls. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll definitely post when I'm done :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Andrea
01-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Very nice!! I really like it! I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I'm REALLY liking it! It would be fun to wear while wearing my motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeep_Girl
01-16-2006, 09:28 PM
:heart: Love the Sweaters Girls!

wabbit
01-17-2006, 08:07 PM

And if anybody else is going to make it, keep us updated! I'd love to see more finished Skullys!

kome
01-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Very nice!! I really like it! I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I'm REALLY liking it! It would be fun to wear while wearing my motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wearing your motorcycle? ....;)

And yes. Please keep us updated! :)

Andrea
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM

wearing your motorcycle? ....;)

And yes. Please keep us updated! :)

Oops...forgot to proofread...u know what I mean!

Friskums
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Cute sweater.
I also have the SnB book and this was one of the sweaters I have on my list of things to eventually make.

Haven't gotten started yet though, cuz I'm still intimidated by big projects yet.

So....what part of Florida you in? I'm in Oviedo (just outside of Orlando)
If we're close enough we could start our own SnB group. :lol: :happydance:

Ashley_1256
02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Where can I get the snitch N Bitch Book???? I live in a small town and there are NO knitting books around here. I'm about to go out of my mind. I'm new and addicted :lol: I've been knitting like a week and I'm already working on two projects at once. :blush: I want to knit everything and this knit along sounds fun. huh.....

Ingrid
02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
You can get a used copy from Amazon for only about $6.00! New is not that much more there, either.

useratl
11-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Library?

Interlilbrary loan from some other branch?