PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recent (since 2000) book of children's hats

BerwynIL
10-21-2005, 09:58 PM
:doh: A year ago a friend had a knitting shop. In the shop, she had a somewhat small book of children's hats. They were primarily on a helmet hat base. The designs were delightful fanciful designs just perfect for a young child.

At the time, I had no need for such a book. Now, I do. Our, now 1 yr. old., grandson will be needing hats, warm ones. [We live in Ohio.] Any hat that just sits on his head will be promptly pulled off. Ergo, the need for a helmet hat, which I would like to knit.

The problem is I have no idea what the book's title is. Just that they are primarily helmet style with whimsical color, yarns, or animal-like attributes.

Can you help me find this book? Sure hope so. :D

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm no sure what book you're looking for, but you could take a look through
these (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/hats_childrens.php) and see if there's something similar to what you want.

KellyK
10-22-2005, 08:53 AM
That link that Ingy posted completely eliminates the need to EVER purchase a hat book, IMHO. ;)

May I ask, if you live in OH, why is your screen name BerwynIL?? I live in BerwynIL!!! :cheering:

feministmama
10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Its amazing some of these web sites. Where do folks find these things!?!?!? and find the time to post them?!?!?!?