PDA

View Full Version : bootie pattern-yarn conversion help

Lacedolphin
10-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi! I'm needing a bit of help with finding a cheaper comperable yarn to make these slippers:

http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/cotton_chen_whisper_slipprs.html

I'm not sure what cheaper yarn I could use to still stay within gauge and if its bigger/ smaller than the gauge given what to do. :?? :thinking:

Also, would it be possible to knit it with something else completely?? like not using a fuzzy yarn, just a chenile or worstened?? :shock: :help:

I really like this bootie pattern and it looks like something I can figure out, but money is tight and my feet are cold! lol :wall:

Debbie
10-29-2005, 08:08 AM
You can use any yarn that gives you the right gauge. You can try putting two or three strands of worsted together to get gauge ... and some Target's have some fluffy stuff for $1 that you can add. You can go through your stash and put some things together to get the right gauge ... no telling what great combination you will come up with. If you can use a 40% off coupon at Joanns aor Michaels you could splurge on some Fun Fur and just put it at the cuff. Make your gauge testing swatch a head band and your ears will stay warm too!