PDA

View Full Version : oh silverrrrr!!!

Lacedolphin
11-02-2005, 07:35 PM
HEYYYYYY!! When did you do a knitting socks website??? I just found it on your signature on another post you did. Here is my reaction... :shock: :shock: :shock: :happydance: :notworthy: :eyebrow:

Its wonderfull! I had been thinking about trying my hand at DPN's and your site is exactly what I needed! Do you mind if I hunt you down if I get stuck??? :pray:

mintdee
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
I just used her tutorial a week ago and made my first sock. It was sooo awesome! would have been too intimidated without her site :) You will love it!

Have fun :XX: :XX:

GlenBoRTR
11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Silver ROCKS!
:sunny:

amy
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
:cheering: Yay Silver!!!! :heart:

Silver
11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
YAY!! I LOVE when people use my sock tutorial! :) I wrote it a while ago, acutally on a soapmaking forum. Those crafty people were really interested in knitting, so they talked me into doing a sock tutorial. I wrote it ON the forum, and they knit along. There were a lot of participants, and most of them had only knit scarves before. By the time we were finished, they all had knitted socks.

It was such a hit, I converted it into a webpage. And I still get an email or two a week from someone who has knitted their first sock. It really makes me happy. :)

Anyway, if you get stuck, feel free to hunt me down. I'll help you out asap. And of course, you can always post a message in the how-to forum and someone will come along to help!

gimmesanity
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Yay, Sil!! I'm about to start my first pair of socks this weekend, and your tutorial is what finally gave me the courage to try!! thanks, chica! I'll post pics once I get stuck. haha.

~sharon

Jan in CA
11-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Yep, your tutorial gave me the courage to give it a try! My stepmom is giving me her dpn's on Friday so I can start then! Yeah! :cheering: :happydance:

Lacedolphin
11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
I got it on my favorites and looking at what to buy on KP, then ordering it and waiting ( stalking) my mail lady. Thats my biggest problem right now, what color to buy! I love em all! :drooling:

I was trying to measure my foot last night to decide which yarn thickness and such to get. My hubby was dying :roflhard: at me. :oops: And my kids think I've completely lost it. :oo: :rollseyes:

silveridger
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Silver, I was watching along on the soap list as you led a group through their first socks, it was really fun keeping up with their comments, questions, and posted pictures while they learned. Although it was *you* who got me started on my first scarf a year or so ago on that same soap forum, I was unable to knit along with the sock group at the time. I kept the link to your tutorial, though, and when I finally got around to tackling socks in September it was a huge help to review your clear photos and logical instructions. I have now got several pairs of finished socks under my belt and a good sized stash of sock yarn piled up for winter knitting! Thanks for the inspiration, I highly recommend your site for new sock knitters. :thumbsup: