PDA

View Full Version : Today's our Anniversary --we're celebrating with PRIZES!

beldaraan
10-07-2005, 09:57 PM
...is coming up November 4th!!! To prepare for such a momentous event, I thought I would share one of my favourite stories.......the first knotty comment made on kh!!

My knitting crack-up this week was a fun fur scarf I knit over the weekend. As I'm knitting it, my husband is exclaiming that it is the ugliest scarf he has ever seen (I guess I shouldn't wear it to his company after-holiday party ) So, when it is finished the next day, I decide to show it off to him by walking downstairs wearing a skirt, high heels and *only* the scarf for a top. I say "What do you think of my scarf *now* -- wink, wink" He simply says "it looks like you have a squirrel around your neck" UGH! I put on a top, wear it to work, take it off during the day and leave in piled on my desk where my boss walks in a does a startled jump back because she (seriously) thought I had an animal on my desk!!! I may have to give up fun fur!!!

Please feel free to add your favourite moments in this thread to share for our first anniversary!!!

rebecca
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
WOW...so many things have happened in one year!!
KUDOS :cheering: to Amy for such dedication to knitting & knitters; so much so as to have gotten this site up & running & growing so fast!
And now she's going to be on TV :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I must say that I have enjoyed :happydance: :happydance: meeting & getting to know everyone of you crazy :XX: :XY: :X: friends!! And friends you are :cheering: :cheering:

ekgheiy
10-07-2005, 10:06 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Well ... at the high risk of sounding self serving ...

*giggle*

... um ... I kinda like OMG - A knitter in the next suite?? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2738&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=). :blush: :shifty: :hiding:

amy
10-07-2005, 10:27 PM
:thumbsup: Great thread Beldie!
OMG, I totally forgot about Holly's story. That was so funny.
And EKG, that thread was a riot!!!

For those of you who joined after March, I was just recalling how we got our fun knitting emoticons! It all started when I found this rare gem:
:XX:
and then I asked if anyone knew how to edit it to make a boy knitter emoticon, and Happenin did it!
:XY:
:X:

Then Sheldon showed me how to edit emoticons myself, and I made our original frogging emoticon:
:frog:

:cheering: ...I was just too proud. How many forums have such cool knitting emoticons? :mrgreen:

jodstr2
10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
:heart: thank you Amy. thank you thank you thank you for such a wonderful site. :heart:

Vendie
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
OMG Ek, that was so friggin HI-larious, I just about stopped breathing! :roflhard: I feel like I have those episodes at work sometimes...

Vendie
10-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Yes, thank you Amy for making such a great site, I feel as though my world has gotten a little smaller and for the better! Everyone out here is just so wonderful - and I just love the idea that no matter where I go, I could probably meet up with a KHer!

Ok, so if Ek can self promote... then I can shine the spotlight on one of doggies that is as well known if not more well known than its owner....Introducing Katie NoNo Bear and the post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34027&highlight=katie+bear#34027) that started it all. The Bear is very tickled that she has become a sort of celebrity. It gives her an edge over her sister.

KellyK
10-07-2005, 10:55 PM
OMG....Thanks for starting this thread, Beld!! :heart:

I CANNOT even BEGIN to tell you how grateful I have been for all I have learned and the friends I have made here! KH feels like SO much more than "just a knitting website"! I've said at least eleventygoogolplex times...Amy, you have created QUITE the community here! LUV YOU ALL!

SOME of My favorite memories, I think, involve Hildie's other talent....in MS Paint!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/blue2.jpg

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/kk_bunny.jpg

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/yarn.jpg

liznwillow
10-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm a little sad to say I didn't find this forum earlier!! I can't believe I am already addicted after, oh, one day. :inlove:

:thumbsup: Thank you for creating such an amazing website and forum!

amy
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
No, THANK YOU ALL! How can I say this? I mean, yes, I created this site and all, but you all have given me SOOOOOOO much back. What's that saying? You get back 10 times what you give? How about 100 times?! at LEAST!

Just the humor fix alone, was worth making this site! You all are constantly cracking me up, I swear I'll probably live an extra 5 years from the healthy laughter I get here. :lol:

Seriously, and all the wonderful lovin' vibes you send my way, just totally rock my world. I LOVE YOU GALS/GUYS! :inlove:

And of course, were it not for you, I wouldn't be able to make this my full time work! I feel very very very blessed!! :heart: I love my life, and it's all because of you beautiful people! xoxo :heart:

Kelly, those pictures of Hildie's are priceless, those were indeed classic moments here! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to the constant LUV FEST here!!! :heart:

Ingrid
10-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I can't tell you how much I love this place. Thank you all for being here and for making me laugh more than I do anywhere else!!!

misstialouise
10-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Omg, if only I'd found this forum earlier.

It has replaced the #1 spot in my "forums to be obsessed in".

WOO!

:XX: :X: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joel
10-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Well, we want to thank you Amy for making this site. Coming from the newbie point of view that so many of us had when we came here... So many of us wouldn't be knitting if it weren't for your site, your videos, and the fun group of "knuts" on here. We would have given up in silent frustration a long time ago.

:notworthy:

mintdee
10-08-2005, 11:51 AM
You people rock :roflhard:

I was needing a place to go to hang out and gab and learn that wonderful thing called knitting. I found all of that and more with you all.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Thanks for the wonderful site and may it enjoy many more years of joy :thumbsup: :D

rebecca
10-08-2005, 12:59 PM
OMGoodness, I almost forgot! This is the only place that I announced THIS (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2523&highlight=) simply because I :heart: :heart: everyone here & wanted to share my excitement :cheering: :cheering:

Yvonne
10-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I have to jump on this bandwagon for sure. Just look how far this place has come in one short year. Amy, did you ever dream this would happen? That it would culminate in your TV appearance?
I've learned so much here (even though I've been knitting for over 30 years) and I come here several times a day just to read posts, though I don't post an awful lot myself.
Thank you Amy (and Sheldon) for all of it. Thankyou to all my fellow knitters here who inspire me on a daily basis. Gratitude abounds!
Long live KH!! :inlove:

feministmama
10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Has it been a year? Ya know, I'm always referring in conversation IRL to my "knitsters" about this and that. I think folks are begining to think I have imaginary friends.

I have so many links, patterns, funny pictures, jokes, etc that I have collected and forwarded. I have learned so much from all of you (I hope some of you have learned a thing or two from me). What was my life before KH????

Thanks everyone for making this community so great. Happy bday to us :balloons:

rebecca
10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
femi...you've been here since the beginning, too...I just looked at your join date! I joined in April of this year. I started knitting last June & I didn't use the computer for much before then, emailing family & friends, ebay...researching this & that. But NOW...I've made wonderful friends in the knitting community, most are right here!! I truly mean the word 'friend' as I type it, just bc we don't see one another, but know each other from this site doesn't mean we aren't really friends, I consider u my friends...a friend is a friend and a wonderful gift from God to truly be cherished. Because of this site...look at the sheer # of friends we all have :D !! Thanks to each one of you for your commitment to this site and to one another ;)

humblestumble
10-09-2005, 12:11 AM
wow... I've been here on the forums almost as long as Amy (2 days later)! I remember when there was only one post...then 3 and then 5...And now there's too many to keep track of! It's grown sooo fast...And I've become a better knitter because of this site. In fact, I joined this site when I had just learned to knit. I remember Amy actually emailed me a preview of what the videos might be like because I desperately needed help. :notworthy: ...That was back when before the website got the revamps and the vids!

This site has helped me with my knitting after one of my dear friends passed away in early January (She's the one who taught me how to knit) I learned how to knit Continental style...and I caught on right away - in seconds! :happydance: She was bug-eyed. http://www.geocities.com/mclittledrink/knitting.html

This site/forum helped me through 3 family deaths within the past year along with the friend's passing...I just couldn't be able to say thanks enough. I didn't ever talk about it, but just being here helps me to cope.

Anyway, this isn't about me...it's about the site...and even though I don't come here often, I always feel welcomed. Often times I feel a little out of the loop, but that's okay. I always get help here which is great because before, I had no one to turn to...luckily I just got a new Knitting/Crocheting/Sewing friend. But I will still keep coming!

And no doubt, I will watch the DIY segment with Amy in it! :thumbsup:

Just wow...in a year lots of things have changed... :shock:

Congratulations Amy! I only wish that sometime in the future I have as much success in what I love to do as you :)

Thanks Amy! And Everybody REALLY!

BinkyKat
10-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm still jealous I didn't search "free knitting videos" sooner so I could have been there from the beginning... but alas, I advertise every chance I get. Just yesterday when I was stopped in Joann's whilel throwing myself onto a rolling knitting tote !mine!mine!mine!, a new knittergal asked me about circs, and we had a nice little chat (arent' we all the best to talk to?) and I made sure to mention this site!! I really should make some cards with it listed to hand out is that legal? :thinking:

I get such a kick out of this place and make sure to visit it every day! Even though my own computer is down, STILL, I let dh know I need to log on to check on what all is going on with folks. And I relay stories and jokes to the workmates that I read on "this knitting site I go to" one time, in band camp...
Hugs and knittses so you all and a big way to go to Amy and all her peeps for making this site my home at and away from home!
:thumbsup: :inlove:
Jodie
ps: I just finally stopped snickering about the "knitter in the next suite" story thankyouverymuch! :roflhard:

foldedbird
10-09-2005, 01:09 AM
I'll have to really look back thru to pick out my favorite threads, going to be a tough choice!

Rebecca, your announcement was one of my highlights for SURE! Oh, yes, and the on-going Weeenie Warmer saga was a great one. Hmm...Oh yes and the early, early days of KH Chat where we saw a DH's bootie. Hmmmm... Ah yes, Beldie flashing us.

And... Amy's gonna be on TV!

beldaraan
10-09-2005, 07:02 PM
I didn't flash anyone here...you're thinking of my webcam :shock:

foldedbird
10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes, on your cam during the original off-site KH chats you flashed *everyone*! :roflhard:

amy
10-09-2005, 08:17 PM
:shock: Beldie!

:roflhard:

Note to self: Never share any shocking secrets with Denise.
:hiding:

AidanM
10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Note to self: Never share any shocking secrets with Denise.
:hiding:

No kidding! :rofling:

Joel
10-09-2005, 11:24 PM
OMGoodness, I almost forgot! This is the only place that I announced THIS (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2523&highlight=) simply because I :heart: :heart: everyone here & wanted to share my excitement :cheering: :cheering:

Hey Rebecca, I'm just catching up on the thread... that is some way cool news!

:notworthy:

foothills
10-10-2005, 08:59 AM
I wish I had found this site when I began my knitting addiction on November 11th, 2004, but fortunately, I did find it and joined mid January and everyone here has been a blessing...in fact, I've been so busy :XX: that I haven't had time to post lately...need to be doing laundry right now but have been trying to catch up on a few blogs, which isn't too easy to do because we've grown in one year :roflhard:

Amy, you are being rewarded for your kindness and hard work and we all are very proud of you and grateful for your insight into the art of knitting among other talents :notworthy:

I came with the knowledge of how to do a knit stitch and almost everything else I've learned about knitting thus far, I've learned through the helpful members of KnittingHelp...thanks to all of you :heart: It's nice to be a part of such a circle of friends from different walks of life with one inherent quality...the love of knitting and people!

Joyce

rebecca
10-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Beldie :shock: and :roflhard: ! Don't tell Denise anything...LOL :roflhard: :roflhard:
I love this place, it's like family....there are no secrets!!
Thanks Joel :D ! I'm still in awe about the entire thing and that was months ago!

beldaraan
10-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Funny thing is that I don't remember doing the flashing :?? I remember being flashed by someone....

beldaraan
10-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh and for the record, if I did flash, I wouldn't consider that a secret :twisted: so Deni is safe.

amy
10-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Beldie, you're awesome. ;)

It's great to hear the thoughts and memories folks have of our first year. This really is our beginning still: All of you will be able to say "I joined KH in its first year online!"

OMG, I just remembered one of my favorite threads ever! Kelly and Hildie's first Get Together!
(http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1893&postdays=0&postorder=asc&) :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
10-13-2005, 09:23 AM
SO much fun!!!!! :roflhard:

kome
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Woohoo! I'll bring the cupcakes! I just love this site sooo much. I've learned so much and I can't WAIT to learn more. The videos are so good that I don't even need the sound with them and and and... *tear* I love you KH. :crying: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Dynasty
10-13-2005, 08:31 PM
This is great!! I joined up today, and the info and such great people that answered my questions as quickly as they did, and the videos' WOW! :thumbsup:
I've found that time does fly when ur havin fun lol...I've been on here for 4 + hours :shock: When I joined up earlier, I was sure this was it...if I couldn't get it this time I was packin' it in..I was sure knitting wasn't my thing. But you all have inspired me, and I think...no I'm sure that's what feeds this site and all who spend time here.
Nice Job :D

kome
10-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Glad to have you here Dynasty! I felt the same way when I found this site, but I was so determined to learn after seeing a friends work on Live Journal. I'm so glad I did too. :)

Ohhhh, I just thought of a super idea. I want a Knitting Help t-shirt!!! When are you going to start selling them Amy?? Hehehe. We should all submit different designs for a shirt. It would be so much fun. Oh oh oh. And we could even make a sweater pattern for KH, and shirts. Oooooo, how exciting. Can we? Can we? Can we? Pleeeaaaseee? :inlove:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Amy has had that in the works for a LOOOOONG time, Kome....she's trying to find women's organic T's that come in ALL sizes, and also a sales option that wouldnt involve her having to rent out a warehouse for storage....but, I bet she'd LOVE to see any design you wanted to knock around!

Joel
10-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm just hoping she plans guy's shirts too...

mintdee
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Why? You would look way cute in a baby tee or a spaghetti strap tank top!

kome
10-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Awsome! Hold on one second. I know of a website that does all of that for you. All YOU do is make the design. Hold please............ well crap! I can't find it. I'm asking an old friend, though I haven't spoken with him in like 4 months. I'll post back once I get a hold of him. It could be a day or two. Bleh. But yeah.... this site would do everything for you. They just take a percentage, and then she wouldn't need a storage place. :)

KellyK
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
You are thinking of CafePress....that was our first thought, but their CUTE Tshirts only come in dinky sizes, and they only have one shapeless organic option....

Joel
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Why? You would look way cute in a baby tee or a spaghetti strap tank top!

:rollseyes:

(I barely look cute in a suit)

kome
10-14-2005, 05:29 PM
You are thinking of CafePress....that was our first thought, but their CUTE Tshirts only come in dinky sizes, and they only have one shapeless organic option....

Yes yes yes. I just found that out. Lol. Oh well. *sniffles* I shall wait impatiently!

KellyK
10-14-2005, 05:33 PM
*pats Kome on the head* ;)

Rorshach
10-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Considering that I've been on here less than a year, I would have to say that I visit this site more often that I work on computers. It's definitely been a riot coming here and always learning something new. Though, on the personal side, I figure that everybody here has helped me get through a very difficult time, and for that I thank you all. As for the site, somehow I think the magnitude of what was unleashed by Amy is staggering at the least, and grown beyond her expectations at the most. I keep talking to my mom about this site, and she likes to call it my "support group". I wonder if there is a 12 step program out there for knitters? :roflhard:

KellyK
10-16-2005, 05:08 PM
A 12-step program? This is IT, my friend! :rofling:

Ingrid
10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I've often said that if there were a 12-step program for knitting, it wouldn't work. Everyone would bring a knitting bag since they'd be sitting there and talking, anyway. Kind of like bringing your favorite wine to AA.

foothills
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
It does seem that this forum is somewhat "theraputic"...Sometimes I sit here and read through some of the threads and start laughing...BTW Kelly...loved the lyrics in one of the threads I read today :roflhard:

Joyce

Rorshach
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Who said anything about Quitting knitting? You assumed that because I had a 12 step that I meant that it was to quit. That's one possibility, the other would be a 12 step to START knitting, hmm I suppose the first step would be to join KnittingHelp.com. Right? admitting that you have an addiction? :D

AidanM
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Who said anything about Quitting knitting? You assumed that because I had a 12 step that I meant that it was to quit. That's one possibility, the other would be a 12 step to START knitting, hmm I suppose the first step would be to join KnittingHelp.com. Right? admitting that you have an addiction? :D
Or that you need one.
Although, I admit, the knit bug has not really bit me yet...The theory is interesting, but in practice I tend to reach for my hook more often than not. I mean, I AM a Bad Hooker after all. I got a button in my sig and everything.

Joel
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes... Mr Rorshach... I'd like to sign up for your new 12 step program.

punkhippiemom
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
I have to share my KH story, too...
My very first project was a pair of mittens for my MIL last Christmas - I saw m1 in the pattern and freaked out - my how to knit book had nothing about something called m1, and when I searched online, I came up with a lot of computer programming junk... in desperation I searched for "knitting + how-to" and this was the first site that was listed. Not only did I immediately learn what an m1 was, I was blown away by the free patterns page and spent hours browsing through all the links. Once I saw all the things I could make (my knitting book was published in the eighties, and all the patterns in it reflected that :rollseyes: ) I was hooked... And once I found the forum, it was even better. I had to take a break from knitting while I packed and prepared to move, but the forum was great, and really helped me feel like I had some friends during the very lonely first months in our new home.
The people really make

amy
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
:balloons: KnittingHelp's one year anniversary is this Friday! In appreciation of you :heart: wonderful forum members, I'm giving away prizes!!

To enter: If you make (or have made) 10 or more posts to the forum between Oct. 1st and Friday, you'll be automatically entered into a random computer-automated drawing.

Prizes include:
:arrow: an Exciting gift basket of knitting goodies from Webs/yarn.com!
:arrow: a Jordana Paige Needle Storage Box! (see her new ad on the forum!)
:arrow: a KnittingHelp.com site CD!
:arrow: New! 3 sets of handmade stitchmarkers!

:heart: Thank you all for making this forum what it is!!! :heart:

Update:
PICTURES!

Here's the GORGEOUS gift basket they've put together for us at Webs!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/gift_basket.jpg

Contents:

1. Lantern Moon Silk Drawstring Box $24.95
2. I pr. 9”, #10 bamboo needles $6.75
3. 1 Lantern Moon Sheep Tape Measure $9.00
4. 3 skeins Sugarloaf $13.47 ($4.49 ea)
5. 1 skein Berkshire Bulky $4.99
6. 1 Clover Row Counter $7.50
7. 1 pk “sock” Point Protectors $2.25
8. 1 Knitting To Go Pattern Collection by Kris Percival $16.99

Total retail value is $85.90.
:happydance:

----------------------

And the fabulous Jordana Paige Needle Storage Box!

http://www.jordanapaige.com/images/5724.jpg

http://www.jordanapaige.com/images/5687.jpg

------------------------

And last but not least, a CD copy of our very own KnittingHelp website, complete with all videos for instant and fast video watching!....

http://www.knittinghelp.com/images/cd-photo.jpg

:cheering:

-------------------------

Wait wait....the latest update:

Denise/Foldedbird is donating 3 sets of her gorgeous stitchmarkers!

We will now have 6 prize winners!

Some EXAMPLES of Denises stitchmarkers, not necessarily the same type:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/metalst.jpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/inc1.jpg

BinkyKat
11-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Fun Fun Fun!
And the best prize of all? The knowledge and fellowship we get from KH!

:heart: :happydance: :heart:

Jan in CA
11-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Fun Fun Fun!
And the best prize of all? The knowledge and fellowship we get from KH!

:heart: :happydance: :heart:

I couldn't have said it better! Thanks for a wonderful, helpful site, Amy!

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 10:48 PM
I agree--you should get the prize for starting this site. We certainly don't need incentive to post!

Thank YOU!

mintdee
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
We certainly know that you don't Ingrid Louise. :rollseyes:

:roflhard: Love ya Ingy my friend!

Ingrid
11-02-2005, 11:15 PM
We certainly know that you don't Ingrid Louise. :rollseyes:

:roflhard: Love ya Ingy my friend!

D*mned straight, girl!! :roflhard:

misstialouise
11-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Omg!

How generous, Amy!!!

:D

I truly love this site ( :heart: :heart: :heart: ) and just feel blessed that it's here for us knitting folk.. :D

WOO!

KellyK
11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

SOOOOOO exciting, Ames!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your (our?) first anniversary!! I have said it a million times, but Ill say it AGAIN....I am SO grateful for this AWESOME community. My friends here are the BEST prize!!

But, I wouldnt refuse a nicey nice knitty gift basket if the computer found it in its computery heart to pick me. :shifty:

brendajos
11-02-2005, 11:28 PM
yup i gotta say that i come to this site obsessively for the knowledge and laughter i find here. it is entirely possible i would have gotten bored and quit within a month of starting knitting. yall are what have kept me going because you keep showing me cool new stuff to try. Amy you have put together something amazing here! I know you didn't expect it to turn into what it has but that is a testament to your amazing generosity and talent. Thank YOU so very much and to everybody who comes here and contributes. :inlove: :inlove:

Sascha
11-02-2005, 11:34 PM
How generous you are! All I know is that you have personally given me the gift of knitting knowledge. I wanted to learn for a while but never had time to take a class. Everything I know I have learned from your videos and I will be forever greatful :heart: Now I will be able to make my son and future children things that I had never before thought possible.

mintdee
11-02-2005, 11:35 PM
You know Amy is the best :) I am so thankful that I found you people :D

Joel
11-02-2005, 11:38 PM
:roflhard: KK

And congrats to you, AMY. It's amazed me how this site has grown even in the months that I've been here. Your vision, has given a lot of us are first real knitting experiences.

Well Done and Thank YOU!!!!!

(stands up and applauds)

sogrammatical
11-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Happy Aniversary!

This site is the best thing ever. I would not really be able to knit at all if it weren't for the videos, and the forum is just so fun. It's my favorite procrastination, and I'm a student so I know procrastination!

Thank you Amy, for setting all this up!

Mer
11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
How exciting! :cheering: And of course, thank you Amy!

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes, thank you! I second that we should be sending YOU prizes...

Totalele
11-03-2005, 01:48 AM
To be honest I don't think I deserve anything since I'm so new here... :lol: But I do wanna say that in this short period I'm here...posting a tiny bit and reading A WHOLE LOT, I learned SO much!!!

Amy and all you guys are part of the reason why didn't give up after the second stitch... :heart: :heart:

I just wanted to give y'all some love!! :happydance: :inlove: :cheering:

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I have to say...wow.
I came here in November of last year, desperately trying to find out WTH "M1" was, became completely addicted, finally found the courage to join the forum almost 6 months later, and have been enjoying myself thoroughly ever since.
Blessings to you, Amy - I hope you understand what an enormous impact your idea has had on the lives of so many people. :heart:
And thanks to everyone here at KH, who have all made this such a wonderful place to be.

OK, I'm done being sappy now, somebody mention boobies or something....

AidanM
11-03-2005, 02:55 AM
*runs through the thread in nothing but a toga*
Peter Heater!

SoapDoc
11-03-2005, 04:24 AM
:balloons: KnittingHelp's one year anniversary is this Friday!

:heart: Thank you all for making this forum what it is!!! :heart:

THANK YOU! Like so many others have said without this site, I would have never stuck with it for long enough to have learned!!!

I am another one that just :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: 's it here and can't believe you're giving US presents!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary everyone :)

susies1955
11-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Wow, I had no clue. I was thinking this forum has been around for ages because of how populated it is and how nicely it is set up.
Amy wonderful job and congratulations on the one year anniversary.
Sweet of you to offer goodies,
Susie

susies1955
11-03-2005, 05:12 AM
I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place.I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place.I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place. I'm "not" addicted to this place.
:roflhard: ,
Susie

Lacedolphin
11-03-2005, 07:21 AM
I don't know if I'll make having 10 or not, but have to stand and say between the wonderful people :heart: , the videos, forums, patterns, yarn resources, knowledge abound, this is THE best group I have ever seen. I look forward to checking the site everyday to see the new fun things everyone puts up here.

One problem, I think hubby is sick of me talking about ya all! lol :rofling: :roflhard:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes you AAAAaaaaare!!! :happydance:

:roflhard: Aidan!!

susies1955
11-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes you AAAAaaaaare!!! :happydance:

Kelly,
Ok, ok, you talked me into it. :roflhard:
I think YOU may have been my FIRST experience here.
:thumbsup:
OH and what is "Aidan!!"???????????
Susie

KellyK
11-03-2005, 08:36 AM
I hope I was gentle, Suz... :roflhard:

I was laughing at Aidan STREAKING through the thread. ;)

susies1955
11-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Kelly,
It isn't your style to be gentle. I mean that in the BESTEST of ways. :D
Oh, you were commenting on Aidan and I was watching. :roflhard:
Susie

Stonington
11-03-2005, 09:16 AM
:cheering: Thank you Amy for providing what feels like a warm group of friends--supportive and full of an incredible amount of knowledge! And thank you all for keeping me company (and sane some days lol) at work! :balloons:
anne
southern maine

Angelia
11-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Wow, prizes?

It's true that we don't need incentive to visit here, but it sure is sweet of you to offer knitty gifties :D

I really love this site and forum. I've only been here a week, but already I feel at home; I've never experienced that in a forum before. Everyone is so kind, funny, generous...just wonderful! Thanks to all of you for your help and encouragement, particularly for beginners like me who struggle with basics. You won't let us give up--thank you!

And Amy, I wouldn't be knitting beyond basic knit/purl if it weren't for your videos. (I can now do cables; they're not pretty yet, but they're cables!)

Thank you so much! :cheering:

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 11:04 AM
*runs through the thread in nothing but a toga*
Peter Heater!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Well, it wasn't boobies, but it worked ;)

punkhippiemom
11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
ps What's this about Amy being on TV? When? Where? Did I miss it????
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay for Amy!

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I guess I picked a good day to start actually posting!!! :cheering:

Amy - thank you for all your insight & videos! They are so very helpful to beginners like me!!!

amy
11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Awwww, you all are so sweet. :heart: You are the best forum members EVER!! :heart: :heart: :heart: We're all so lucky to have each other!!

Actually, our generous prizes have been donated by two of our advertisers! :cheering: Jordana Paige has donated one of her adorable Knitting Needle Storage Boxes, and Webs/yarn.com (who will soon be advertising with us!) is donating a fabulous gift basket! (picture of that coming soon!).

Gee, it didn't even occur to me to ask the rest of our sponsors if they want to donate anything. Hmmmm....maybe we'll have a nice Christmas giveaway too! :eyebrow:

Danielle
11-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Amy,
That is so nice of you & the advertisers to be giving away prizes! I just want to congratulate you on the site's 1st anniversary! :cheering: Your site has helped me SO much!
Thank You! :heart:

amy
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
ps What's this about Amy being on TV? When? Where? Did I miss it????
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay for Amy!

I flew out to Burbank, CA a couple of weeks ago to tape: It was an episode for Knitty Gritty! :happydance: Details on my blog thread. You haven't missed it --it won't air 'till next Summer or Fall. I'll be sure to let folks know when it will be on!

rebecca
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
:balloons: :balloons: HAPPY HAPPYANNIVERSARY :balloons: :balloons: Amy and all of my dear friends here at the best knitting site & forum on the web :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
WHAT would we do without one another :?? ?! ;)
Thanks so much for the wonderfully special gifts....you are so kind...I :heart: WUB :heart: you, Amy ;)

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Oooh I want that box! Amy's computer, pick me...pick me! My computer thinks you're REALLY cute.

Joel
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
:roflhard: D!

KellyK
11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Gee, it didn't even occur to me to ask the rest of our sponsors if they want to donate anything. Hmmmm....maybe we'll have a nice Christmas giveaway too! :eyebrow:

:happydance: WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!! :happydance: Knitpicks Gift Certificates!! :happydance:

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Congrats on us!!!! And it continues to be an awsome site :thumbsup:
Amy, thanks again for coming up, and actually pushing through, with this awsome idea, you are something else!!!

Oh ps: I wish I could catch the DIYnetwork thingie here too :verysad:

KnittinKitten
11-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Amy - because of you and this site my DH knows that he is a DH and has begrudingly acknowledged what seX means now and can rattle off acronyms with the best of us. He will even beat me to saying "oh, you could make that!" whenever we see something knitted on TV or in a store.

Thanks for the past year and here's to your very bright future. :balloons:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 01:25 PM
GOOD JOB training the DH, Kitten! :roflhard:

AprilH
11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Hooray for the sponsors! Nothing beats free stuff! How fun!

We also don't get DIY network. Bummer.

Maybe, Amy, you can have your own show on HGTV. That would be great! Didn't they used to have a knitting show on HGTV with a woman with an accent? Can't remember what it was called.

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 02:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Amy - because of you and this site my DH knows that he is a DH and has begrudingly acknowledged what seX means now and can rattle off acronyms with the best of us. He will even beat me to saying "oh, you could make that!" whenever we see something knitted on TV or in a store.

Thanks for the past year and here's to your very bright future. :balloons:

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 02:30 PM
:heart: :cheering: thank you Amy! :cheering: :heart:

amy
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
PICTURES!

Here's the GORGEOUS gift basket they've put together for us at Webs!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/gift_basket.jpg

Contents:

1. Lantern Moon Silk Drawstring Box $24.95
2. I pr. 9”, #10 bamboo needles $6.75
3. 1 Lantern Moon Sheep Tape Measure $9.00
4. 3 skeins Sugarloaf $13.47 ($4.49 ea)
5. 1 skein Berkshire Bulky $4.99
6. 1 Clover Row Counter $7.50
7. 1 pk “sock” Point Protectors $2.25
8. 1 Knitting To Go Pattern Collection by Kris Percival $16.99

Total retail value is $85.90.

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 02:57 PM
:inlove:

Angelia
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
:inlove: :inlove: I've just drooled all over myself. :inlove: :inlove:

Wow! What fantastic sponsors!

amy
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
And the fabulous Jordana Paige Needle Storage Box!

http://www.jordanapaige.com/images/5724.jpg

http://www.jordanapaige.com/images/5687.jpg

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 02:59 PM
That is _very_ pretty :heart:

Thank you sponsors! But I still feel it should be us giving Amy a present for having set this up and bringing us all together. I've found so many great advices and patterns and the like here :)
thank you Amy!

amy
11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
And last but not least, a CD copy of our very own KnittingHelp website, complete with all videos for instant and fast video watching!....

http://www.knittinghelp.com/images/cd-photo.jpg

Joel
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok...... Word of the day is....

WOW!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

Better make that 2 words of the day....

YEA!!!!!!!!!

amy
11-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Oooh I want that box! Amy's computer, pick me...pick me! My computer thinks you're REALLY cute.

:roflhard: Denise, you're too much!

You too Kitten!!! :roflhard:

(just catching up on your posts now). :D

amy
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Did y'all notice the "sheep tape measure" in the Web's gift basket? I think those are so cute! :happydance:

Jan in CA
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
:inlove: As a new knitter I would LOVE the gift basket as it has things I haven't gotten yet! ;) All the gifts are fabulous though and would be welcome for anyone I'm sure! :heart:

Totalele
11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Nevermind my early " I don't deserve prizes" phrase. I want it and I want it BAD!!! :rofling: :rofling:

tigger0229
11-03-2005, 03:45 PM
What wonderful prizes!!
that basket is gorgeous!
I think it has my name on it. :lol:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
:drool: :shock: OOOMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!! :shock: :drool:

Did y'all notice the "sheep tape measure" in the Web's gift basket? I think those are so cute! :happydance:
I noticed EVERYTHING in that gift basket!! I tried to find that yarn on yarndex...is that their own brand??[/quote]

knitqueen
11-03-2005, 03:49 PM
tigger0229......make sure you make at least 10 posts by this Friday (tomorrow!) in order to qualify. :thumbsup:

mshelton
11-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh boy!! Thought I better post so I can get up to 10 posts. :D ;) Amy, this is a great site and I tell all knitters that I run into about knittinghelp.com. Don't think I would have become "addicted" without the instructions and help that I have received from here (or is that a good thing :lol: )

KnittinKitten
11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Amy -- I, too, love those little sheep tape measures. That is my favorite knitting 'thing'. I think we once had a thread here about your favorite accessory, didn't we? My LYS lady told me that when they order the tape measures ... they have to order a dozen of them ... the company always includes 1 black sheep. ;)

Ellen Edwards
11-03-2005, 04:46 PM
OOOOHHHH!!! Amy! Congratulations on such a successful year!! I remember when I ordered your CD several months ago when I wanted to learn to knit socks, you advised me to wait til you upgraded it to include even more directions!! It was so sweet of you, because I wouldn't have known any better than to get what you had before the additions. I think your kindness and honesty has given you success already--NICE GIRLS DON'T FINISH LAST!! :thumbsup:
I'm so happy I found you and all these great folks at KnittingHelp!! It's been a God-send to me. :pray:
Love you and this wonderful site of friends!!
Trudy :heart:

Ellen Edwards
11-03-2005, 04:48 PM
SOME good things happen in November don't they!! My birthday's the 3rd and then the KH anniversary's the 4th!! WOW! Ain't life grand!! :happydance:

mintdee
11-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Ohhhhh that stuff looks so great! Do you think that drool will hurt my keyboard? :??

KellyK
11-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah...my 4 doesnt work, except on the side keypad. :verysad:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Did y'all notice the "sheep tape measure" in the Web's gift basket? I think those are so cute! :happydance: I did! Have I mentioned before that our Melanie-YaYa has the black one? She's the self-proclaimed black sheep of the group...

amy
11-03-2005, 05:45 PM
That's so adorable that they make a black sheep one!! :inlove: If I get one, I want a black sheep!! Heck, maybe one of both. :D

Julie
11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
I can't wait...the suspense is gonna kill me!! :mrgreen:

And Kelly, yup, Valley Yarns is thier own label. :D

amy
11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Happy Birthday Trudy!! :balloons: Today's my Dad's birthday too.

:D

tigger0229
11-03-2005, 05:55 PM
oh my, I had NOT noticed the little sheep. THAT IS ADORABLE!~
(psst- I'm working hard at 10 posts, hehehe)

KnittinKitten
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Hmmm :thinking:, I wonder how many gratuitous posts I can come up with!?!? ;)

Andrea
11-03-2005, 06:34 PM
That is AWESOME!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I came here late in your first year, but have been on everyday since I found it. I :heart: this site so much!

Thank you everyone for making me smile everyday!!!

eggplant
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I am just struck by the community that Amy has pulled together here, so helpful, welcoming, and vibrant.

*Many* times I have been thankful for the videos. I always learn something interesting from the other members. And now, even in getting sponsors, Amy has done a graceful and generous job of matching up the membership with sponsors in a way that is mutually supportive (it's not like that everywhere on the Internet!).

Three cheers for a wonderful job well done!!

lisak
11-03-2005, 07:27 PM
I don't really post that often, but what could be a better excuse?!

Amy, this site has been an absolutely awesome aid for me. This place is always the first place I go when I need assistance or a good laugh. ;)

And thanks to all the current members who make this a great place to be! I will try and post more often. Hopefully I can get some pictures up of some of my FOs to share (although there aren't too many!). Soon enough I'll have finished my clogs and really feel like part of the group! :lol:

Looking forward to many more years of learning and laughter!

KellyK
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
ahem....

*To the tune of Hail to the Chief*

Hail to Amy
She's the one we should say HAIL to...
Hail to Amy
She's the founder of this site!
Hail to Amy
she hugs tripods to make videos
if it weren't for her kindness
we'd not be knittin' riiiight!

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 07:54 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

hedgehog
11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I have to say, i found this place when i was just on that cusp of learning new techniques beyond garter stitch. I needed to learn how to do Intarsia and i just wasn't getting it from books. In a fit of pique, i googled "knitting how to" and voila - videos that make it all so simple!! :thumbsup:

Since then - and yes, it's ALL because of you, Amy - i have become a knitting fiend. So many new techniques, so many yarns and fibers, so many wonderfully helpful people who aren't your typical internet flakes (well most at least ;)) :roflhard:

I'm truly amazed and grateful that there are so many friendly, kind and compassionate people who have all gathered in one spot. Your generosity and altruism set the tone of this place - a tone that makes it a joy to come here daily. I've never been on a forum where i just want to sit down and spend time with all of the posters. One big Knit-a-thon would be lovely! :XX: :X: :XY:

Thank you so much for everything!! I know that i'm indebted so i'm passing it on to my friend who i'm teaching to knit, via your CDs. What a lucky find this was! :balloons: :sunny:

-hh

benniesma
11-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Wow! A whole year already! I just love this site and all the people on it! And I know I should say that it's so sweet of Amy to do the prizes (cause it is) and that whoever wins is so lucky....but I want to WIN! :oops:

(KK, I don't think Amy meant 10 posts in this thread! ;) )

Carol_OH
11-03-2005, 08:32 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Yay! Congratulations Amy! This is so exciting! Thank you thank you thank you for offering prizes... we should be giving YOU prizes!

KH has been a major part of my life journey this year... Not only did KH make me a better knitter and introduce me to GREAT friends (virtual and IRL!), but I wouldn't have been able to quit smoking or lost weight if my hands weren't busy knitting (istead of eating and smoking!)

I can honestly say that I am a healthier person today than I was a year ago, thanks to KH! :-) Maybe you can add that to your tag line... get knitting help, and get healthy!

Joel
11-03-2005, 09:24 PM

KellyK
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
:verysad: But.....But.....I wrote a SONG!! :verysad:

RachelJean
11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I agree that this site is terrific. I would never have gotten through my first project without Amy's really helpful videos. I think I've got to do more posting and less reading, though. Those prizes do look pretty cool! :D

amy
11-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Awwww, KK, thank you my dear! :heart: Sooo sweeeeeeet!! xoxo

LOL Benniesma, you're allowed to want to win!! :D It's okay!

Tigger & Rachel, that's the way to do it! You'll get to 10 before you know it! :thumbsup:

Thanks Hedgehog. So sweet. :D

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Your odds of winning just got BETTER. Sheldon's computer is going to be drawing THREE more names!
:present: :balloons: :present:
This is my 1000th post, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate this forum than throwing in THREE sets of my stitch markers for prizes.

Each set will have 4 unique stitch markers, homegrown by moi!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Now, uh, this doesn't take me out of the running for the other prizes, right? :rofling:

feministmama
11-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Wow where I have been!?!?! Yeah KH on the bday :cheering: Its amazing it has been a year with no flames no bickering etc. I guess our shared love of knitting keeps us sane. :heart:

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Oooh! Now I want to win even more!

Congrats on the 1000!! You picked a perfect place for it!

feministmama
11-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Another gratuitous post (look I'm up to 600 and change!) to say I WANT THAT BASKET:heart: (and if even if I don't win the needle box I just may have to buy one)

amy
11-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Denise, You Rock!!!

and congrats on your 1000th!!!!
:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 10:19 PM
DENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!! What an AWESOME GENEROUS thing to do!!! :heart:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Aww, thanks Amy, Ingrid, & KK! I love you guys and this forum,you have been SO kind to me through everything that I have went through this year and this is so much fun!

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
(and if even if I don't win the needle box I just may have to buy one)

me too!!! :heart:

margie
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Somehow, I've missed this thread- I went to the zoo today with the 3rd grade, and wasn't on the computer a lot yesterday either.........

Happy Anniversary, Amy!! This site is awesome. I doubt I'd be knitting as much as, or as well as (not that it's fantastic, but still) I am now, if not for this site. I love it!! :heart:

:present: :balloons: :present:

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
and Denise...... how generous! I love these sooo much :heart: :heart: :heart: , I'd love to win some markers!!!

thanks again Amy for creating this site.
thanks to all who post here and make me smile. some days KH is THE ONLY positive thing in my life.

Sara
11-03-2005, 10:59 PM
OMG! My laptop went on a business trip all week, and now I gotta do homework! I feel sick for missing this!! Okay, deep breath, I never win anyhting anyway. Good luck, y'all. I'll have to get caught up this weekend.

Ronda
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Aww that's neat! Love those prizes. Unfortunately, I'm a new knitter and new to this website and I'm spending more time reading and watching the videos than I am posting! Thank you for this site! Happy Anniversary!

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:12 PM
hehe, Jodi! You definitely might...who knows? The suspense is killing me..how about you guys?

KellyK
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
YEAH! I wonder what time Sheldykins is gonna work his magic tomorrow?!?! :cheering:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
You have his and Amy's number, right? Call him every hour on the hour! Put that stalker side of yours to good use! :roflhard:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I do NOT want to risk being disqualified from the contest on grouds of annoyance!! :fingerwag:

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, Amy's on the East coast, so those of us in this time zone will know first, right?

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Good point, KK...

Guess you're right, Ingrid! I plan on stalking this thread constantly, lol.

amy
11-03-2005, 11:47 PM
:shock: Yeah, erm, good point KK!

The official announcement time for the winners is:
Variable depending on what time I wake up! :devil:

...sometime in the morning, EST. ;)

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
*sets Amy's alarm for 5 a.m. *

amy
11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I have super-powers when it comes to sleeping through alarms, Denise! I've actually won awards for this (seriously, see my 100 things list!), so you'd better try again! :lol:

Sheldon will be putting up our fancy-dancy celebration sign (up in the header) momentarily. Stay tuned! ...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-03-2005, 11:58 PM
where is it????? i don't see it yet!

jodstr2
11-04-2005, 12:06 AM
:inlove: oooh it's thereit'sthereit's there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering:

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

SimplyKaar
11-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I see it I see it!!!!

Happy Birthday, woohoo!! :)

and stitch markers added to the gifts: wondeful! I've been drooling over them ever since pictures of them were posted, so gorgeous they are!

Hm do overseas people have a shot at this too or is it, because of the shipping, American only?

Denise, it's 5am here!! does that count too? ;)

mintdee
11-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Denise Gratz on 1000 post! And I would love to win a set of your stitch markers the pics I have seen so far are just beautiful! You are so sweet!

This is all so exciting :D I will not be online till the afternoon so good luck to everyone. AND...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNITTING HELP!

amy
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Hm do overseas people have a shot at this too or is it, because of the shipping, American only?

Whoever wins, wins. :thumbsup:

Hey y'all check it out... Sheldon's also made us some pretty new video icons for our anniversary. Can you see them? Aren't they cute?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-04-2005, 12:21 AM
YAY! there it is!

love the new icons too!

KellyK
11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
:present:

foldedbird
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
That sign is COOOL! Cool video, Icons too! Thanks Shedlon!

mintdee
11-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Amy dear the early bird gets the worm! And Early to bed and early to rise makes you healthy wealthy and wise.

Do ya think she will listen?

:roflhard: j/k hugs ur way!

humblestumble
11-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Happy birthday everybody! hehe! My birthday is coming up in a few weeks too! Hurray! :happydance:

amy
11-04-2005, 12:33 AM
LOL, I was just thinking how HARD it's going to be to get to sleep tonight, with all this excitement!

humblestumble
11-04-2005, 12:52 AM
oh man... how did I not see this thread?! I am so excited! And I'm SO glad KH has stayed! :happydance:

Jan in CA
11-04-2005, 01:30 AM

Whoever wins, wins. :thumbsup:

Hey y'all check it out... Sheldon's also made us some pretty new video icons for our anniversary. Can you see them? Aren't they cute?

That's a great new header! The icons are adorable, too!

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/manimalsma0.gif

KellyK
11-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Hmmm...isnt it after midnight on the east coast now?? :thinking:

ashley
11-04-2005, 02:03 AM
i came here last year sometime in the fall when I first started knitting. I came back a few times since but I absolutely love this site!! Thanks Amy for a great job, I think I'm really back into knitting all because of this place!! THanks again

Phretys
11-04-2005, 02:23 AM
Cool, it's KH's anniversary (as I post this!), and also the 1-year anniversary of my start with knitting (which was sometime last November, don't know the exact day). But I didn't discover KH until a month later. :) But what great timing for me! This board and the videos helped me out so much.

Thanks so much, Amy!

~Debi~

foldedbird
11-04-2005, 03:50 AM
It is!

D
11-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Wow, congratulations Amy! I would be so lost (and probably would've given up a long time ago) without this site.. so thank you for creating it! Those are such wonderful prizes by the way!

Angelia
11-04-2005, 07:09 AM
:present: Happy Birthday KnittingHelp! :present:

It's 5:03 a.m. my time...6:03 Amy's....wake up, Amy, wake up!

Lacedolphin
11-04-2005, 08:30 AM
oK, IT'S 7:30 AM EST someone wake up Amy!!!!! :roflhard: :pray: :hiding:

:present: Happy birthday to my favorite web site!!! :balloons:

KellyK
11-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Anyone in the mood for a little Anniversary Musical Interlude (http://www.toontracker.com/demented/anniv.ram)???

Carol_OH
11-04-2005, 08:58 AM
:rofling:

Thanks so much Amy for this wonderful site!!!! You are THE best!!!

VickiIL
11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
:present: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloons:

Congrats Amy....This is my favorite site! I tell evey knitter & knitter wannabes I know about it!

javede
11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
:balloons: :balloons: Happy Birthday KH! :balloons: :balloons:

Thank you Amy for launching this site and teaching me how to knit!

Norman
11-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Congrats AMY.. Here's to many more.. :) :balloons: :balloons: :present: :present: :balloons: :balloons:

amy
11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
:zzz:

Virtuella
11-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Happy birthday from Norway!!

amy
11-04-2005, 09:53 AM
.. .Just kidding. I'm awake! :D

Happy Birthday to us!! :cheering:

:balloons:
Let the prize-winning begin!

(BRB, while I figure out how to actually work Sheldon's fancy program....)

earthchick
11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Happy Birthday to my favorite site on the web! :cheering:

Thanks, Amy, for all that you have done for us. :thumbsup:

Virtuella
11-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Im addicted too after.. one day!! THANK YOU! :inlove:

amy
11-04-2005, 10:26 AM
:heart: Thanks for all the good cheer, and great wishes everyone! It's such a pleasure to be a part of such an active and humorous and friendly board, you all give so much to me every day.

The computer has chosen 6 names! I've announced them here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62027#62027). :balloons:

Congratulations to our prize winners! And THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR MAKING THIS PLACE SO SPECIAL!! :heart:

Joel
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I feel a song coming on....... ;)

Happy Anniversary to You...
KH this is for you...
With vids, posts, and answers...
Happy Anniversary to You!

:lol:

Joel
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Anyone in the mood for a little Anniversary Musical Interlude (http://www.toontracker.com/demented/anniv.ram)???

Ok KK... seeing as I didnt see the required singing behind it... I went and took the liberty to resolve that issue....

Here! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62059#62059)

foldedbird
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Happy Birthday, Amy and ALL of our members!

Ennormir
11-04-2005, 01:00 PM
KH should come to IHOP. We give free deserts on b-days...and we sing this really annoying fun song.

Happy Happy Birthday,
From the IHOP crew,
We wish it was our birthday,
So we could party too.
HEY!

Lacedolphin
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
I just got back from the doctor and thought I would check up on ya all. wow I feel the love in here!!! :heart: :inlove:

RachelG
11-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Knitting Help turns one? Wow! Knitting Pattern Central debuted the exact same time, practically, too (It went online Nov. 1st.) Amy, this is a fabulous site and I direct people here all the time...keep up the good work!

KellyK
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
OMG, Rachel!! Are you THE face behind knittingpatterncentral??? I wish there was a forum there in which I could thank YOU just as profusely as I thank Amy and every here at KH!! YOU are a GODDESS!! :notworthy:

Ingrid
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I second that one, Rachel!! :cheering: :cheering:

RachelG
11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes, I'm that Rachel...KPC webmistress. :D I didn't mean to hijack the thread, though. I actually forgot that KPC turned one...didn't celebrate or anything. This calls for an excuse for ice cream, don't you think? :happydance:

KellyK
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Ice Cream and HUGE SMOOCHES!!
:heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart: MUAH! :heart:

RachelG
11-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks!

ebrperk
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks Amy for such a great website. I have definitely gotten more brave in my knitting attempts. I used to just make baby afghans and scarves but now I have made clogs and knitted in the round and I even dabbled a teeny tiny bit in fair isle. I mean teeny tiny. But thanks so much.

Robin

BinkyKat
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Happy Knit Day to You!
Happy Knit Day to You!
Happy Knit Day dear KH, Happy Knit Day to You!
How Purled are you now? How Steeked are you now?
How Fair is your FairIsle? How Felted are Yoooouuuuu?????

Happy Anniversary fellow knitsters and a Googagilliafafilliathousandtine :D Thank You's to Amy and of course Sheldon for this site. I mention it at least once a day to someone at work or wherever and rarely miss a day of at the very least lurking to see what's up.

Lovin' every moment !!!

:heart:

Jodie

KellyK
11-04-2005, 07:27 PM
a Googagilliafafilliathousandtine :D Thank You's to Amy and of course Sheldon for this site.
That's a GOOD one, Bink!

amy
11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Yay everyone, thanks for singing songs and everything! :happydance: I love them all. :lol: What a fun day!

Hi Rachel!! Hey we haven't chatted since way back in December, I think, when I first discovered your amazing site! I didn't know then that your site was new then too! Congrats on your own website B-Day! :heart: Love your site. :thumbsup:

Contiknitter Kelly
11-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh wait for Me! :balloons: :present:
Happy anniversary, 1 year KnittingHelp birthday! :happydance:
Amy, your site is the best there is anywhere on the web. :thumbsup:
You know that don't you?
This forum is going to just get bigger and bigger and bigger! As I write this, there are 23 users using this site. :D
I refer to the videos frequently and view the forum several times daily.
Everyone is helpful and friendly and i'm really glad to be a part of this and I tell every knitter I meet about it too. :XX:
Thanks again Amy! :cheering:
Kelly

amy
11-04-2005, 09:05 PM
:cheering: Thanks CKK! Hey, I LOVE your new avatar!! :inlove: It took me a minute to see what it was. I love Wallace and Gromit!

foldedbird
11-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Forgive me for being ignorant...but is Wallace and Gromit a movie or a show? I hadn't heard of them until I found GromitKnit's blog...
Does Gromit really knit? Someone educate me!

RachelG
11-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi Amy, it has been awhile, hasn't it? Yes, our sites are practically twins as far as their age! I need to learn to knit better and I'm definitely going to use this site's videos...hopefully soon.

Hi Rachel!! Hey we haven't chatted since way back in December, I think, when I first discovered your amazing site! I didn't know then that your site was new then too! Congrats on your own website B-Day! :heart: Love your site. :thumbsup:

amy
11-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah, twins, that's what I was thinking too! Two awesome sites, seperated at birth! :happydance:

Denise, Wallace and Gromit are claymation movie stars. I don't still follow their movies, but I remember their earliest ones. Their creator was responsible, I'd say, for bringing claymation into the modern era, and revolutionized it with a whole style of real-human-like voices and facial expressions. I can't even remember if the cute doggie is Wallace or Gromit, it's been a while! But I'm sure that pic of him knitting is right out of one of the movies.

BinkyKat
11-04-2005, 11:09 PM
a Googagilliafafilliathousandtine :D Thank You's to Amy and of course Sheldon for this site.
That's a GOOD one, Bink!

Thanks KK! I work at a bank, I've seen govt. payments in that exact denomination!
:rofling:

foldedbird
11-05-2005, 01:49 AM
All I knew before: Gromit's the dog. Now I know more, thanks Amy!

Isamar
11-05-2005, 05:16 AM
NO LO PUEDO CREER! NO LO PUEDO CREER!

OK, gimme a sec.... let me catch the breath... In regular circumstances I will saw this thread just about 5 posts afer KK, but with mom's pneumonia, I havent been here as frequently as I need to be. SOOOO, its about 3 am in Mexico City, on Saturday 5th and until now I found about the birthday celebration!!!! :shock: NO LO PUEDO CREER¡¡

AMY: Estas soooooon las mañaniiiiiitas que cantaaaaaaaba el Rey DAviiiiiiiid, a los siotiosdeinternet tan bonitooooos se los cantaaaaamos a aquiiiiiii!!!!

Thank you, tnak you, thank you soooooo much for creating this site. As many of you write, I wish I googled earlier ¨free knitting videos¨. I dont understand why do you think you have to give us presents. I sincerely think that we all must send you some kind of knitting basket with crocheted flowers and scarves, or mittens. Just to proof you how much you have helped us.

Since I noticed this thread just about 20 minutes ago, I read every single post (love your song KK, didnt understand mush about the fllash thing, and laugh to tears about the 12 step program and the anxiety for the winners). So, I saw the photo of the markers, and I swear that the minute I saw them I todl my husband: Mira qué lindos¡ (look how cute!)
:shock: ... I won them!!!! :cheering:

You dont know how much this means to me!! Im always talking about you, and my mom and husband knows abuot KK, or Vic, or Ingird, or Margie, or Joel, or Hilde, or every person that has talked to me. And you are sooo far and distant but at the same tie you are part of my day by day...

So... I think I will wear the markers, not use them in my knits, but wear them. Im so proud...

Thanks Amys computer!!! But most of all... thank you all... The videos were helpfull, but the people gathered here are delightfull. :heart:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 09:29 AM
:heart: ISAMAR :heart:

Your enthusiasm adds ALOT to the community here....YOU are just TOO CUTE!

Ingrid
11-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I second that!! I was happy for everyone, but especially happy that you won something!! Brings you a little closer, I think! :cheering:

hedgehog
11-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Congratulations, Isamar!

I love the fact that you're going to wear the stitch markers with pride :) They are very lovely!

I also :heart: the fact that we're an international group! :thumbsup:

A mi, me encanta el Mexico. :inlove: (I lived in Guadalajara for a bit when i was younger! ;))

-hh

brendajos
11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
oh i agree....there isn't much that can make me smile first thing in the morning but here i sit with a big ol' giggle on my face. congratulations again Isamar and all the winners. what a great group we have here!

foldedbird
11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow, Isamar! I've never had anyone want to wear them before! :heart: You're very sweet.

mintdee
11-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Isamar I feel like I need to give you a huge hug you are so cute!

Congrats everyone that won :cheering:

Isamar
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

A little mexican lesson: When a group of persons can just say cute thing about each other, and everyone is saying lovely things about the next one, we chilangos call that "Cebollazos". The word comes from onions, that lovely vegetable that makes you cry for nothing. So as praise.

So we are an international community of cebollazos and knitting.

Danielle: I can believe Im the first that want to wear them!!! :shock:

feministmama
11-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow KH and kPC one years old. How cool is that!!! :cheering:

katiyana
11-05-2005, 02:44 PM
A very happy birthday! :happydance:

amy
11-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Isamar, what nice words! :heart: It's very special to have you here with us, to share and create our cebollazos with us. That's so great that you're going to wear them!

:heart:

foldedbird
11-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Hiya everyone... just wanted to let yall know that the stitch markers are DONE and are going to their new homes tommorow morning. I posted pictures in my blog's photo album, take a look here: http://deniseknits.typepad.com/photos/stitch_markers/redstmarkers.html

I didn't say who got which set, I thought I'd let that be a surprise!

Denise

KellyK
11-07-2005, 08:19 AM
they are SO pretty, Deni!!

hedgehog
11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
They're beautiful, Denise! :thumbsup:

Fantastic prize!

-hh

foldedbird
11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks!!! Had lots and lots of fun making them.

SimplyKaar
11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I left on Friday right after work so I never got to see the results untill today:

:happydance: CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!!! :happydance:
:present:

amy
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
:inlove: Denise, those are Gorgeous!!!!!

brendajos
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
oooooooh those ARE pretty! the pink ones are calling my name! ;)

punkhippiemom
11-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Lucky winners....
*grumble mumble stupid computer mumble mumble needed stitch markers, too....*
:shifty:
Those really are beautiful, tho, I'm so jealous of their new owners...

CateKnits
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I have to admit, the first time I saw your stitch markers, Foldedbird, I thought they would make awesome earrings. :oops: Then again, I'm the one forever poking holes in my body. :rofling: 16 holes in my ears now!

foldedbird
11-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks Amy, Punkie & Brenda!!!! And Cate, that's a compliment to me, I make jewelry too! Furthermore, you're dead on with your observation, I try to make them look more like earrings than stitch markers! So way to go!

foothills
11-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm a little late, but congratulations to all of the winners...especially YOU Isamar :cheering: Denise, the stitchmarkers are beautiful :thumbsup:

JOYCE

foldedbird
11-09-2005, 03:42 PM
thanks, Joyce!