PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cable Hat

mrsbrooks
11-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Ok lol I so threw the mitten away I HATED IT lol ....sooooo I have decided to make a hat for my mother in - law and pray it comes out ok lol....this is what it is supose to look like when done lol we shall see. AND I am going to make some seatbelt snuggers three of them mom, mother in law, and neighbor. My neighbor I think I am going to make a change purse type thing, or a headband to keep ears warm. My mom ...who knows lol I have already made her a hat, scarf's yes more than one lol, purse, and an afghan....so we will see what i can find to make her lol. ANYWAYS here is the hat i am TRYING to make lol wish me luck!
Hugs,
Vanessa :XX:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Threw it away??? You saved the yarn at least, right?

liznwillow
11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
That is a great hat! Let us know how it goes.

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Ditto to what Liz said, I meant to say that! Please tell us where you got the pattern!

mrsbrooks
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I tried to save the yarn, but since it was JIFFY and it was FUZZY and i knit tight it was imposable to save, I even had Hubby work at it and he said screw this lol. SO it got thrown away lol. The hat I found on the internet let me see if i can find the site.....BINGO found it!!! > http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/baby-ribbed-hat.htm
I took a picture of what i have so far.....it does not look like the picture of the hat BUT i am begining to see the mock cables so i am going to let it go and see what happens lol. Here is the picture of what I have so far. ENJOY!!
Hugs,
Ness :XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
It looks GREAT so far! Thanks for the link and photo.

laceys
11-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow!

Looks great - I have yet to tackle cables...they look pretty hard to me!

Norman
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I've seen cables done.. they looke asy when someone else is doing 'em..

I've yet to tackle them myself.. but it's #2 on my challenge list

GREAT pattern, I'll have to DL it..

liznwillow
11-03-2005, 12:01 PM
neato pattern! Your hat looks great so far. Love the color!

Danielle
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
That's a really pretty pattern! Love the color you are using! :thumbsup:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 12:18 PM
These are "mock" cables...very easy if you just follow the pattern carefully! No cable needle required :)

mrsbrooks
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
This hat is SO EASY trust me!!!!!!!!! I can only do basic cables and this is called a MOCK CABLE....it really is not a cable lol....read the pattern and after you read it ....you will want to do it trust me lol . I did not have a size 7 double point I DO NOT like to make hats on circular needles so I am using a 6 and to be honest not to much a a diffrence between the 6 and 7 needles, so it just might come out ok. I hope someone else starts this hat as well...I am going to be making two of them this one and one more ...don't know what color just yet, but i am going to make it as my exchange gift for christmas with my husbands family. This one is for my mother in-law and the GREEN is ALOT softer colored in person, I just could not get a good picture lol.It is like a soft SAGE green because my mother in-law has that color in her house and she JUST re did the house I figured she liked that color lol. Well off th knit i go lol.....I figured out what to make my two neighbors .....the seatbelt hugger and a dish rag thats got three crosses in the design. My mom I thought LONG AND HARD and i am going to make her NOTHING...I am going to instead invite my mom to my mother inlaws again she enjoyed it so much , and she keeps telling me not to make or buy anything so i will do that lol. Ok ok ok off to knit lol and eat lunch i am HUNGRY lol...
Hugs,
Vanessa
PS adding a picture of me for you all to see! :roflhard: :cheering: :roflhard:

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Congrats!

Sascha
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Aren't you adorable! Thanks for posting a pic.

tigger0229
11-03-2005, 03:55 PM
when are you due? my daughter is due 1/1/06 but I think she'll go in Dec. At least we hope she does. LOL.
We know it's a girl and her name will be Baylee Alyssa!

KellyK
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
:cheering: YAYYYYYYYYYY! :cheering: BABY BELLLYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :cheering:

mrsbrooks
11-03-2005, 04:21 PM
The doctor told me my due date would be 2/17/06 but i am tell'n you she will be here in January lol...she is setting REAL LOW and not moving up and i pee like al lthe time! I pray she moves up and will move to head down. The last Ultra sound showed her breach and i pray she will just move her lazzy butt around lol. My husband can not agree on a name so she will not be names till she is born. I have 3 names i love and we will see!!!!
Hugs,
Vanessa :happydance: