PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Knitpicks Certificate!!

Ellen Edwards
11-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Yea!! My son and D-I-L gave me a gift certificate for my birthday today!! Now how in the world am I gonna decide what to get!! ?????? Yum! :heart: :heart: :heart: :cheering: :cheering:

Carol_OH
11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
WHOO HOOOO and happy birthday!!!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
OOOH DECISIONS!!!

YAYYYYY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRUDY!!!

Ellen Edwards
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!!

I'm so excited--not so much about turning 56--but hey, that means I'm alive, too!

SimplyKaar
11-03-2005, 05:34 PM
:balloons: Happy Birthday!!! :balloons:

For me it's already half the fun just looking around, knowing I could pick each and every one of those lovely things and then finally deciding on my absolute most favorite to take home :)

So, have loads of fun looking at all the wonderful things you could get for yourself :present:

/Karen.

Julie
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
:cheering: Happy Birthday!

And have fun!! I got two Knitpicks GCs for my birthday and I just finished spending them. :D

amy
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Trudy!! :balloons:

Great gift!!

:cheering:

koolbreeze
11-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Damn i thought your name was Ellen!!! oh well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!!

i hope i get one from somebody at the end of the month!!!

rebecca
11-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I THOUGHT IT WAS ELLEN, TOO!!!!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRUDY :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering:
Oh, I will help you decide what to get....I LOVE to wish thru the site...wonderful yarns, books AND cool accessories!! LOL, when I was given a gift cert, as one would guess...mine all went on sock yarn...LOL...well, I am set for sock yarn for a while ;)
Oh my...You go and have some FUN FUN FUN deciding what to get and have an EXCITING bday ;)

Ellen Edwards
11-03-2005, 07:01 PM
HAH--thanks ya'll !! I used my mom's middle name as a screen name--my DH didn't want me to use my real name online--so I used Ellen....hey, anyway--wouldn't ANYONE rather be named Ellen than TRUDY!!?? But the longer I was here and getting to know youall, I didn't want to be called by someone elses' name among my friends at KH!!!! ;)

Thank you all for the birthday wishs--it's been a really good one, and I am excited about looking over the KnitPicks site --- it'll take me forever to decide, I know. That's half the fun--the "search"!!

But, if you notice, my sig now says "My name should be RIBBIT (cause I have to rip out SO MUCH!!), but it's Trudy!" So, I've been "outting myself" for awhile now!! :blush: My NAME--not my sex pref. :shock: !! (I've been married for 40 years next June! :inlove: )[

Below is how I looked in the late 70's...

Joel
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Happy Birthday Trudy! Have fun picking out stuff!

:thumbsup:

Jan in CA
11-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Happy Birthday! What a great gift!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/13.gif

foldedbird
11-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Happy Birthday Trudy!!! :balloons: :present: And the only thing more lovely than your name is that photo! Look out world, we have one hot knitter on our hands!

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Happy Birthday! What a fun gift. Decisions, decisions. :thinking:

feministmama
11-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Wow lucky you! Somebody loves you :heart: Have a good b-day

Sara
11-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Happy birthday! Have fun spending your loot!

Ellen Edwards
11-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks SO SO much to all of you for my birthday wishes (and compliments--Foldedbird! AND tips on HOW to spend my gift certificate--yes, 'becca, that's you!) --you are so very sweet and kind. If one is known by the company one keeps, I shall be known as a very kind human being!! That's a good start, huh?

I don't think I'll ever be a great (or HOT!) knitter--but if I can ever get to the point where I CHECK every few rows to make sure I haven't dropped stitches,split the yarn, etc., I'll think I'm making progress. Sometimes I get in such a hurry to get through a project, I'll make mistakes that I don't have any business making. So I hope my "advanced age" will help me start to be more mindful of my knitting! :rollseyes:

Hmmmm...my first book: "THE MINDFUL KNITTER"!!
I like the sound of that! :D :rofling:

D
11-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Happy belated birthday, fellow Scorpio! My birthday is actually today (Nov. 4th) so it's cool to see someone so close by birthdays on here:) Have fun picking from all the yummy yarn!!

foldedbird
11-04-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't think I'll ever be a great (or HOT!) knitter--but if I can ever get to the point where I CHECK every few rows to make sure I haven't dropped stitches,split the yarn, etc., I'll think I'm making progress. Sometimes I get in such a hurry to get through a project, I'll make mistakes that I don't have any business making. So I hope my "advanced age" will help me start to be more mindful of my knitting! :rollseyes:

Trudy, we've *all* been there! I was saying that about 11 1/2 months ago, but then I found this forum. Now look at me. I only drop stitches every 20 or so rows! :roflhard: