PDA

View Full Version : sacrilege!!!!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I bought a skein of a bunch of novelty yarns mixed together to make a scarf at out knittapalooza last weekend. I cast on like a million sitiches to make a legnthwise scarf, and did a bunch of short row shaping at the ends, so it was wider and curlier at the ends, but still straight and skinny around the neck part. It looked KILLERRRRRRRRRRR when it was done! See first pic below.

Anyway, so I wore it to school yesterday, got a lot of complements yadda yadda, and it matched perfectly with the new fire engine red shirt I bought. But then, HORRORS! I got a loop caught on *something* at school.... the whole traumatic event is just a blur, and SNAP, there goes a long string of yarn, and my beautiful scarf fell to pieces at one end. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I came home, all dejected because of my scarf, and I show DH. "look what happened!!!! My scarf!!!!!" Did I get sympathy????? Did I get "that's okay honey, you can make another one". Noooooooooooooo. What did I get?

"Well, you'd better just throw that piece of crap away; cut your losses while you're ahead!"

Then later, while I was still recovering from the shock and winding my dead scarf back into a ball....
"I keep find little pieces of yarn all over the house! If I find any more yarn I'm going to burn it all!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:shock: :shock:

I told him that I need my own knitting studio, and he needs to get crackin on making me a swift so my yarn doesn't tangle, break, and end up on the floor. HAH!

BinkyKat
11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
whahh whahhh WHHHAAAAhhhhhTTTTT !!??!! He said THAT? OMG!
Mine can be that way sometime, then I have a snit about his airplane cr@p.... 'nuff said. :rollseyes:

So sorry to see/hear about your scarf... I fear that will happen to me. On the other hand, now I know that I could fix my store bought knits properly. I have a chenille sweather that has cables and for some reason a spot came undone and i just tied it off inside not knowing how to fix it. Now that cold weather is back.. I may take a stab at it!

Best wishes on your scarf being reincarnated into another scarf...
And smack that shirtless good lookin' hubby of your and tell him to shut his cake hole next time! LOL :roflhard:

Andrea
11-03-2005, 09:23 PM
That is soooooooooooooo sad :crying:
I'm sooo sorry...

rebecca
11-03-2005, 09:24 PM
:crying: :crying: I'm so sorry about all of your work and the scarf tragedy....and about the testosterone of it all...........
FYI...SCARF WAS LUSCIOUS

KellyK
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM
WWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

koolbreeze
11-03-2005, 09:36 PM
oooooooooo thats baddddd!!! my DH prolly would have said something similar! :rollseyes: does your DH have plans on how to make a swift? if so is he willing to share???? :figureditout: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Jan in CA
11-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened!

As for your husband.. :fingerwag:

jodstr2
11-03-2005, 09:44 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
argh. sorry that happened to you, Hildie.

score one for you tho in the Hildie smartass comment bank. next time he's heartbroken over one of *his* things... whatever you say to him at that time, he's totally got coming. payback's a b***h.

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh noooooooooooooooo!

Save a strand and wrap it around his ankles after he's asleep. :twisted:

feministmama
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh No he DIDN'T!!!!!! :shock: He SOOOOOOOOOO needs to be punished :devil: :devil: :devil:

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
The scarf was so nice..... That is so sad.

Save a strand and wrap it around his ankles after he's asleep.

Ingrid - If it was my DH, it wouldn't be his ankles I'd be wrapping it around.......

Lacedolphin
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Awwww, it was so pretty too! :crying: As for hubby, I'm PMS'ing this week, what me to come and scream at him for ya?? :mad: I have plenty of hormones to unleash! :devil: :twisted:

margie
11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
:( poor scarf! It was really really pretty........... :(

CateKnits
11-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I suppose that's the good thing about living with a knitting-obsessed roommate. :rollseyes:
It was a cute scarf, though.

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
The scarf was so nice..... That is so sad.

Save a strand and wrap it around his ankles after he's asleep.

Ingrid - If it was my DH, it wouldn't be his ankles I'd be wrapping it around.......

:shock: :roflhard: :roflhard: Hear that Hildie?! Sic 'im!!

Jeep_Girl
11-03-2005, 11:00 PM
That was a little forward for my first day of posting wasn't it?~!

Ingrid
11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
That was a little forward for my first day of posting wasn't it?~!

Oh no, no, no. Just shows that you know the language!! :roflhard:

Sara
11-03-2005, 11:07 PM
She has the right attitude...she can stay! :lol:

KellyK
11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Yup...she's a KEEPER!! :thumbsup:

:roflhard:

amy
11-03-2005, 11:42 PM
:shock: Hildie, EEEEEEEEEEK! Your pooooor pooooooor gorgeous scarf! :crying: Waaaaah!

OMG, what was your man thinking? (You know, come to think of it, I think when you and KellyK were seperated at birth, you probably got most of her Scorpio-ness. Should I just call the perimedics for him now?)

Lisa, you fit right in! :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-04-2005, 12:02 AM
nah... i don't want to wrap any yarn around any.... implements... that I might need later on :eyebrow:

i'll just knit him a reeeeeeeeeeeally teeny tiny willie warmer, and then be like "What? I thought that's how big it was!" :evil:

CateKnits
11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Or you could knit it in an appropriate size and snag it on something rough right in front of him. ;) "Oh, gee, it's a good thing you weren't WEARING that!" Might give him a bit of a scare. :P

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-04-2005, 12:22 AM
ooooooo cate you're evil!!!! :twisted: I love it!

amy
11-04-2005, 12:22 AM
OMG, laughing out loud here you two. :roflhard:

mintdee
11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
:( Ohhh Hildie it was so purty!

Just let your hubby know that the less that you knit the meaner and more nagging you do. That scared my DH properly!

AidanM
11-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Here's what I would say..

"You're right sweetie. All this knitting is just distracting me from the chores. Which reminds me, have you cleaned the gutters yet? Oh, and could you run to the Post Office to mail the bills? And what else needs done, hmmmm...There's the yard that needs raking, then the leaves have be disposed of, and then there's that old junk that needs to be taken to the dump, and of course the car needs an oil change.."

Jeep_Girl
11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Well, I never said you had to wrap around so tight that it would render it um useless?? And who knows - could lead to some new uses for yarn.... :shock:

VickiIL
11-04-2005, 09:24 AM
My Dh would say the same thing. But giving him the benefit of the doubt (which doesn't seem to be the popular view) He just doesn't get the time and all that went into making it.

(Now this said I would still kill him for making such a comment. How else is he gonna learn! :evil: )

Norman
11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
OMG.. man that really sucks about teh scarf!!

In our Defense tho (as I'm a DH).. we are't all that bad.. but there is probably a good majority of us out there.. *sighs*

However, my Wife would try to console me if something like that happend.. cause I'd be ten kinds of pissed.. :)

Virtuella
11-04-2005, 09:52 AM
OMG, laughing out loud here you two. :roflhard:

Me to! :roflhard:

GlenBoRTR
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
:verysad: :help: :verysad: :help: :verysad:
OUCH!!!
I'm sorry that I'm a guy... :oops:
BTW... Not all of us would be that insensitive... :thumbsup:

InterNette
11-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Well that stinks. I liked the scarf by the way, I think you should do it again

KellyK
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh, Glen, you dont count...you are a knitter and own a chihuahua....you are in an ENTIRELY different category!! :heart:

katiyana
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
That totally stinks after all that hard work. :(

One thing I like about having my own sewing room is I can store everything in bins and keep things organized.

OK, OK, I haven't quite gotten to "organized" status yet - but I'm getting there! :roflhard:

humblestumble
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Man I feel your pain

liznwillow
11-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Big hugs... What a sad, sad loss. That scarf was gorgeous, regardless of what your DH may think. :roll:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 12:18 AM
LOL. We need condolence cards for knitters....

In Sympathy....

bubba
11-05-2005, 05:37 PM
The day I ripped out several inches of a sweater and mentioned it to my husband, he was lucky to survive saying "well, if you'd done it right the first time, you probably wouldn't have had to do that.......he won't be saying that again!

pat.

wildforyarn
11-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh Hilde! I feel for your. That scarf rocked! You need to make another! Also, kick your DH in the butt, hard for saying that!!! I am very interested in knowing how he makes your yarn swift. Does he have a pattern for it??

kome
11-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Yikes! That sucks. I always fear that something like that could happen to me. That's why I always tied knots in my work when I first started. I still do ocassionally though.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
oh, sure he has a pattern... in his brain... he knows "exactly" how he's gonna do it..... :rollseyes:

punkhippiemom
11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
The day I ripped out several inches of a sweater and mentioned it to my husband, he was lucky to survive saying "well, if you'd done it right the first time, you probably wouldn't have had to do that.......he won't be saying that again!

pat.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
picks jaw up off the floor
OH NO HE DIDN'T!?!?!
Even my (completely clueless about knitting) DH knows better than that...

Love the scarf, and every DH (and some of us DW's, too :shifty:)says something we just know we shouldn't be saying, but it's like a verbal diarrhea, you just have no control over it... I know you'll think of a good and fitting punishment! :twisted: :roflhard:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I cant tell you HOW many times Ive had to remind DH that the CORRECTanswer to almost every gripe I make is "Oh, you POOR BABY!!" :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
oh sheesh :rollseyes: i do that ALL the time. "No, Honey, you're supposed to agree with me.... unless i say i'm fat"

MaryS
11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Hildie, I'm sorry :( about your scarf, and about your DH being (a bit) insensitive.

I just vented in Ingy's blog about DSO, but he does have some very redeeming qualities!

Last night, I was working on a modification of Marnies's Nautilus Hat, and when I tried it on (it's my teenage niece's Xmas present) I knew it was going to be too big. So I head up to bed and tell Dan I need to take it out and start again (I've done about thirty rounds), and he says,

"So you've got to FROG :frog: it? Is that right? I'm sorry! It was looking really good."

I hope you can redo the scarf! I'll be redoing the hat this evening. :rofling:

Happy Knitting :XX: :XX:

Mary

CateKnits
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Why is it called "frogging," though?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-07-2005, 01:22 PM
when you frog you "rip it"... frogs go "ribbit."

it's a very BAD pun.

CateKnits
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh, wow. I'm the Princess of Puns (Particularly Putrid ones...and my alliteration ain't so bad, either), so I'm ashamed I didn't think of that. :P

kemp
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
oh no! Was it that beautiful red yarn you bought at our get together? Darn it!