PDA

View Full Version : Knitting nightmares

RachelJean
11-05-2005, 10:06 AM
I've been teaching myself how to knit in the round on double pointed needles. It felt very awkward at first but with a little practice and the help of Amy's video, I am getting the hang of it.

However, maybe I've been thinking about it too much, because last night I had a nightmare about knitting a glove. I was imagining 5 sets of double pointed needles all at once ... yikes!

Luckily, this morning I realized that you don't knit all 5 fingers at the same time ... :doh:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
:shock: SCARY! :shock:

I have all kinds of knitting dreams! The other night I dreamt that our Director of Dining Services gave me a HUGE box of really GOOD yarn for my birthday! I thanked him yesterday.... :lol:

mintdee
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
I thanked him yesterday....
Was that maybe a big hint? :roflhard:

I have had knitting dreams as well, no nightmares yet though!

Angelia
11-05-2005, 12:44 PM
I had my first knitting dream night before last. All I remember is that some baby blue yarn wanted to be wound in a center-pull ball. The yarn didn't actually talk, but somehow it told me.

:shock:

I don't own any baby-blue yarn, and now I'm pretty sure I won't buy any.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 12:52 PM
spooky!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't buy any of that either!!!!

rebecca
11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I've never dreamed about knitting!! I would be very :shock: AFRAID of that glove dream, too!!!

katiyana
11-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I've had those..... most of the time ends with me opening a door and my yarn stash falling out and burying me alive.. :shock:

punkhippiemom
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I had a very strange dream that we were ripping out our ugly striped shag carpet, and I was knitting a sweater with it...
:shock:
That qualifies as a nightmare, this stuff is UGLY!

Joel
11-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I've never had a knitting dream... nightmare or otherwise.

My wife had a crochet dream the other night though...

dustinac
11-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I hate when I'm trying to sleep and all I think about is ohhh that yarn would work for that pattern.. or when will I finish this? maybe tomorrow pull an all nighter... then you dream about the projects chasing you :rollseyes:

Ingrid
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I read this place in my sleep! And give looooong answers with lots of typos that I have to go back and correct. :rollseyes: