PDA

View Full Version : Arghhh! I feel so dump!

javede
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Why you may ask?
Well, I completed my Klaralund sweater, sewed the sleeves, sewed the body, sewed the sleeves to the body, tried it out...
... :shock: the sleeves,who are supposed to form the sort of v-neck drop down my shoulder!
I couldn't belief it! Was my calculation wrong? But that can't be!(not that I'm never wrong, but...)
After a moment of shock(say 5 minutes), I looked at the mirror again...hmm, what's that line...
I sewed the sleeves wrong side up!!!
Honestly, how dump is that! :wall:

Ingrid
11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
:roflhard: I'm sorry, but that is the kind of thing I'd do. I once sewed a zipper in backwards--twice. :rollseyes: Will you at least be able to repair it?

rebecca
11-05-2005, 05:12 PM
:( I'm so sorry!! I know you were soooo looking forward to finishing that top!!! You can fix it, right?!
That's so something I would do ;) ...so don't feel rained on...happens to all of us!!

Angelia
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
:roflhard: I once sewed a zipper in backwards--twice.

:roflhard:

Me too!

Comfort to you Javede--just think of it as a learning experience, though I know that probably doesn't make you feel any better! Are you going to be able to fix it? I hope so! *fingers crossed*

Mer
11-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Oh, I'm sorry javede! I hope you can fix it!

And please post a pic if you do--I love that sweater! :inlove:

kome
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
:roflhard: I'm sorry, but that is the kind of thing I'd do. I once sewed a zipper in backwards--twice. :rollseyes: Will you at least be able to repair it?

LOL. Ingrid... that's bad.... :roflhard:

javede
11-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your kind words!
First, yes I was able to fix it. Just had to undo the last seams and sew again(this time with the right site up ;) ).
And yes, it's not the first time something like this happened to me...like when I sewed the left sleeve to the right side of my blazer...
Oh well, next time I will double and triple check it :thumbsup:

Angelia
11-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your kind words!
First, yes I was able to fix it. Just had to undo the last seams and sew again(this time with the right site up ;) ).

Yay! :cheering:

And yes, it's not the first time something like this happened to me...like when I sewed the left sleeve to the right side of my blazer...

:roflhard: