PDA

View Full Version : Hi girls ~ I'm new!

Barefootmama
11-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone! :waving: My name is Heather. I'm a 25 year old wife to Josh and mother to an almost 2 year old named Elijah.
A while back I decided to teach myself how to crochet and well, it just didn't work. :doh: I got sick a few weeks ago and couldn't do much but lie around so I bought a 'how to' knit book and I've been hooked ever since! It's turned out to be so much easier for me than crocheting was.
Right now I'm working on a small purse/handbag pattern that came in the book. I've *almost* mastered the garter stitch without even knowing what that was. It turns out I'm a continental knitter, which I just learned after finding this fabulous website! I actually thought I was knitting incorrectly since the book I'm learning from told me to hold the yarn in my right hand. These videos are amazing and so easy to follow!!
I can't wait to get to know everyone and pick up a few tips along the way. I watch a knitting show almost daily and my list of projects I'd love to try are ever increasing!! Gosh the beautiful things you can make!!

Happy Knitting! :XX:
Heather

Ingrid
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
:waving: Welcome Heather! It's lots of fun around here! :happydance:

rebecca
11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
:waving: Hey Heather! :happydance: :happydance: Happy to have another :XX: friend ;) !! Ingrid is soooo right, it's alot of fun around here and i think u will enjoy it! Remember, if you get stuck on anything...just ask a question...no matter the question bc there's :fingerwag: no such thing as a dumb question ;). You will quickly become addicted to knitting...just like the rest of us :thumbsup:

Barefootmama
11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
:blush: I suppose if I had looked a little harder, I would've seen the sticky thread specifically for introducing yourself. :blush:
Thank you for the welcomes though.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-05-2005, 08:51 PM
welcome to KH!!!

don't worry about missing the introduce yourself thread... the first rule here is to ignore the rules! :-)

earthchick
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi Heather! Welcome! As you can already tell, this is an awesome site, and the people on this board are just great. I feel like I've gotten so much better at knitting just in the short time I've been here. And I stay inspired by everyone and their beautiful projects.

Glad to have you here!

punkhippiemom
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Barefootmama.... yup, me too! :thumbsup:
Great to have you here!
:waving:

KellyK
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
WELCOME, BFM!! :waving:

Danielle
11-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi Heather! :waving:

brendajos
11-05-2005, 11:39 PM
i am shocked that none of our guys are in here protesting this thread! ;)

welcome to our happy and nutty little home. :waving: :XX:

Jan in CA
11-06-2005, 01:01 AM
From one newbie to another, welcome! I just started knitting a 2 months ago and I love it! :XX:

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
i am shocked that none of our guys are in here protesting this thread! ;)

welcome to our happy and nutty little home. :waving: :XX:

I think 'our guys' are used to it! ;)

foothills
11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome Heather...I think you're ready to knit some clogs ;)

Joyce

cheetahcalledchloe
11-12-2005, 11:02 PM
:happydance: Hello!!!! :happydance: Don't worry about missing the introduce yourself thread - I was so busy trying to get my avator working that I think I introduced myself more than once!!! :blush:

This is a really nice place to be, you will learn a lot and have a lot of fun!!!!

Pixywhispers
11-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey Barefootmama! Love the name! They called me something similar in highschool cause everyone knew I was going to have a "shopping cart full of kids!" And my next baby is due anyday! Any day I tell ya. Gosh I wish this baby would hurry up, I cant wait to meet him/her.

My crochet also looked like poo! I could never get tension right. But knitting is like a dream.

I still have never sent in an intro, I just started posting. Right now I only have time to post on the weekends. Hmm, maybe I ought to send in an introduction. hmmm.

Everyone here is absolutely wonderful! Very cool guys and gals.

Candace

jodstr2
11-13-2005, 02:02 PM
:cheering: welcome, Heather! :thumbsup: :cheering: