PDA

View Full Version : OT: Spinning Due date fast approaching! And baby names LOL!

Pixywhispers
11-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Hey everybody,

Ive had time to read but hardly any to post! I love you guys and gals you make my day!

Of course once I went off bed rest I havent had any contractions! :( I was getting pretty depressed. Till TONIGHT! My midwife called and said her mother was getting rid of a spinning wheel and would I like to borrow it? Uh yeah, yes, YES, I WOULD LOVE TO BORRROW IT! So now I gotta learn to spin before this baby comes!

Anyway HELP! Please <batting eyelashes> I dont know what all I need to get started. What bare minimum can I get away with. I was thinking I need to have paddles and a knitty noddy can I get away with that? Or am I not realizing something? Any info so very welcomed and appreciated!

The funny thing is, this is how I learned to knit! I was waiting for my last baby Kate and bored out of my mind. After the first day of knitting I thought, "Gosh I wish this baby wasnt coming so soon." :XX:

Oh and I have to tell you guys, I had a dream the other night that I had a boy and I named him, are you ready for this? Rowan! LOL I love it.

Candace

KellyK
11-06-2005, 12:23 AM
YAYYYYYYYYY!!

Being an Anne Rice fan, I cant help but thinking of Rowan as a girl's name...but, I LOVE it!!

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Rowan---much better than Knit Picks, I'd say!

I know nothing about spinning. Carry on. I do wonder if there are many knitter's sons named Rowan, though!

KellyK
11-06-2005, 12:30 AM
What about Jaeger? (No...might be confused with the liquor)

*KK runs over to Yarndex to look at the list of yarn manufacturers*

Bernat?
Berrocco? (Are you Italian by any chance?)
Dale?
Filaro?
Cole?
Noro?
Paton?
Reynolds?
Sirdar?
ADDI???

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Classic Elite would go over reeeeal well!!

Pixywhispers
11-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Hmm, Addi would be a cute girls name. I wonder what that could be short for? Addison, maybe. My kids had suggested Cole! heh

I LOVE NORO Yarn! :roflhard: But I doubt dh would let me get away with that! Believe me I need all the help I can get. Hubby wants to name this baby after a Texas hero, or well, even Texas. <giggle>

I sure missed you two!

Candace

Yvonne
11-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I think knittersreview.com has a section for people who spin. You might get some helpful info over there.
Now go eat some hot peppers and jump up and down or something. :lol:

amy
11-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Candace, how exciting!

I know a man named Addison, I think that's a very sofisticated name. He was a valedictorian of his school; doesn't it just totally sound like a Harvard-bound name?

You can see videos on how to spin at www.joyofhandspinning.com
Have fun learning this exciting new skill! I hope the birth goes very smoothly! :heart:

bubba
11-06-2005, 04:16 PM
My favorite names right now are Whitney or Riley (could be used for a boy or girl) and Shelby Renee (which Shelby could be used for a boy too). However, our daughter has chosen not to listen to me (!) and our new grandson will be Thomas.

pat....still waiting for November 26!

CateKnits
11-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Addi wouldn't have to be short for anything. I have a friend named Addie and it's just Addie. And I think it's better than Texas. ;)

Carol_OH
11-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh and I have to tell you guys, I had a dream the other night that I had a boy and I named him, are you ready for this? Rowan! LOL I love it.

Candace

I know two little Rowans - one is a boy and the other's a girl! I love that name!

JLC
11-07-2005, 12:20 PM
We have friends whose daughter is named Addyson and her nickname is Addy. And they actually call her Gert, short for Gertrude, I guess, but I have no idea where that came from. :??