PDA

View Full Version : New to KH and lovin' it

DeAnzaJig
11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi,

:waving: Thanks to this wonderful website and the knitting help section I was able to finish my very first knitting project ever (started in Nov '03 and not touched again until Oct '05) and can finally move forward. Well, I should say "finished" as I found out that the dog sweater I made is WAY too small for my dog, but I'm going to try and alter it a bit so it can fit.

I'm a 28-year-old chick, who took a class 2 years ago to learn to knit, which turned out to be a frustrating, miserable experience. I started the dog sweater mentioned above as my class project, gave up after the class was over, but did manage to churn out an OK scarf in garter stitch on my own. For whatever reason, I was re-motivated to try my hand at knitting again a couple months ago after a year and half hiatus, and then I found this awesome site with all these great videos, info, and advice.

Although now I'm a little worried, as I find myself thinking about knitting a lot and checking this site often...is this something I should be concerned with? :thinking:

Ingrid
11-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Welcome!! Yes, you should be worried. You are on the cusp of addiction. We are terrible enablers here, so buckle your seat belt!

KellyK
11-07-2005, 12:43 AM
OMG I LOVE your puppy in your AV!!!! We are a bunch of enabling pooch lovers here! You came to the right place! WELCOME! :waving:

margie
11-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Welcome!! :waving:

I learned how to knit and then stopped for a year, too. Once I got started again, though, there was no stopping me...........I am an addict!!!!

kemp
11-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Welcome!!!! :waving: :waving: :waving:

Delete this site from your favorites! Slowly back away from the computer. Forget you ever heard of knitting or KH. Once you start either one, you can't stop!!!

dustinac
11-07-2005, 10:35 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum!!

KellyK
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Delete this site from your favorites! Slowly back away from the computer. Forget you ever heard of knitting or KH. Once you start either one, you can't stop!!!

:mad: KEMPY'S ON PROBATION!! :mad:

kemp
11-07-2005, 10:53 AM
ooohhh KK, your sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scary! :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I can be scary! :shifty:

kemp
11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah right! After meeting you in person, I can't even picture you ever getting mad or raising your voice.

Norman
11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
WELCOME.. :)

This is a fun si te.. I was tenative about starting up again after watching my dad do it for years.. I was just thinking the other day I watched him knit on Circs once (An afghan, he loved those) and it confused the hell outta me.. now I LOVE circs..

Anyway.. this place is fun, watching the videos is what got me going again.. after thinking.. I can't do this for years.. I found this place, earlier this year, and Went hog wild.. :)

Anyway.. I don't knit as much as I like, but I know when I do and have problems, the ladies (and few gents) will help me out!

Joel
11-07-2005, 11:06 AM
:roflhard: KK and Kemp

Welcome DeAnzaJig! It's a lot of fun here and informative too....

(sometimes too informative - depending on subject of course)

DeAnzaJig
11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :blush:

SimplyKaar
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Welcome welcome!! I'll second whatever everyone else has already said; this is the best place with the warmest and most sincere people I've met online sofar, and I've been on a lot of messagegroups before I found this one :)

I hope you'll find it as educationial, inspirational, entertaining and warm and wonderful as most of us have and may your stay here be blessed with LOTS more finished projects in the future :thumbsup:

:waving:

Angelia
11-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Welcome!

Here's what will happen to you here (you have been warned)

1. You'll find yourself perusing the forum topics, not replying much, perhaps, but perusing them all.

2. In the midst of all this perusing, you'll find all sorts of nifty patterns/projects from the creative geniuses here ( :heart: ), and all said patterns/projects will get stuck in your head, begging to be made, by YOU. A sense of urgency develops. :shock:

3. You'll leave the forum to look for said patterns/projects, and the yarns to complete them. (Okay, you won't actually leave the forum; you'll really just open another window, because what if someone posts something new? You can't miss that!)

4. After ordering yarn, needles, and other whatevers for your projects, you'll contine to haunt the forums daily. Still, you might not reply to any of the posts, but you'll always be there.

5. The yarn arrives. You snuggle it, smell it, roll around in the floor with it...ahh, life is good! But the forum is always here, calling to you...

Then you realize you're so addicted to KH that you don't have time to knit!

But ultimately you don't care much because the people here are wonderful! :cheering:

Joel
11-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Welcome!

Here's what will happen to you here (you have been warned)

1. You'll find yourself perusing the forum topics, not replying much, perhaps, but perusing them all.

2. In the midst of all this perusing, you'll find all sorts of nifty patterns/projects from the creative geniuses here ( :heart: ), and all said patterns/projects will get stuck in your head, begging to be made, by YOU. A sense of urgency develops. :shock:

3. You'll leave the forum to look for said patterns/projects, and the yarns to complete them. (Okay, you won't actually leave the forum; you'll really just open another window, because what if someone posts something new? You can't miss that!)

4. After ordering yarn, needles, and other whatevers for your projects, you'll contine to haunt the forums daily. Still, you might not reply to any of the posts, but you'll always be there.

5. The yarn arrives. You snuggle it, smell it, roll around in the floor with it...ahh, life is good! But the forum is always here, calling to you...

Then you realize you're so addicted to KH that you don't have time to knit!

But ultimately you don't care much because the people here are wonderful! :cheering:

:roflhard: The unoffical KH disclaimer... That's fantastic Angelia!

rebecca
11-08-2005, 12:10 PM
:waving: Hello DeAnzaJig and welcome to the unofficial knitting asylum for all of us very addicted knitters ;)

Angelia
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM

This place needs a disclaimer! :P

Warning: Overuse of KH may lead to forum dependency, bloating of the email inbox, and in extreme cases, anemia of the wallet.

Joel
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM

This place needs a disclaimer! :P

Warning: Overuse of KH may lead to forum dependency, bloating of the email inbox, and in extreme cases, anemia of the wallet.

:roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
11-08-2005, 02:05 PM
:roflhard: