PDA

View Full Version : Now, about yarn......

Jamye
11-08-2005, 01:11 AM
1. Is there a place to buy Crystal Palace yarns online?

2. If I am not able to find the exact brands of what I am looking for, is there a chart somewhere that would compare yarn types?

3. I am TRYING to find the materials to make the Big Net oversized scarf/stole(help) :D

amy
11-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Should find some places here (http://www.google.com/search?hs=Owf&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22crystal+palace%22+yarn&btnG=Search). Happy shopping and knitting!

amy
11-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Or in-person shops, listed here (http://www.straw.com/cpy/knitshops.html).

brendajos
11-08-2005, 01:44 AM
i think it is likely that you are going to have to find the Big Net online. I haven't found a Local store that had it available or even seemed to know what it was...makes me sad too cuz i love that stole....thankfully i have found plenty of stuff to do until i get around to ordering it from somewhere! ;)

Jamye
11-08-2005, 01:54 AM
So far I have found the Big Net and the Glam in the colors I am looking for at "The Knitting Garden".

I am still looking for Raggedy- 2181-ivory

OR I would change the color scheme if I knew which colors went together....

Oh well.....I need time to work on my purl... :XX:

peanutbutterflies
01-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey!

I was looking at the Big net oversized scarf/stole patterns and I want to try and knit that too, but it seems like the link for the instructions no longer exists. I hope you can help me out, if you have a copy of the instructions/know them? I will be very very grateful!

suzeeq
01-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I think it was on the Crystal Palace yarns site - www.straw.com. Look up the yarn and there should be patterns listed for it. If they've discontinued it though, it may no longer be available.

campbellmom549
01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
2. If I am not able to find the exact brands of what I am looking for, is there a chart somewhere that would compare yarn types?

www.yarndex.com

Great site. You can do advanced searches for weight, fiber content, texture, color, and brand.