PDA

View Full Version : Knitpicks...decisions decisions

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 02:05 AM
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420103

Ok so I WILL buy that yarn soon to start http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/shop/rogue/detail.php .. My birthday is Nov 17th and I am betting I will get at least enough money to buy that. :) I hope.

Question is - Should I go with Rain, Chambray, Grass, or Avacado? I love blue and green and I think I read somewhere that it works better with lighter colors...if it helps, I've included a strange picture of me. Shows off my hues though.

I can't wait til I get knittin' on this. It'll probably take me a year or so...but I want it!

CateKnits
11-08-2005, 02:09 AM
I have to say, I'm a fan of the SUFI. My friend Chuck and I give it to each other all the time when the other one gets POed. As Chuck says, you just can't stay mad at someone when they give you the SUFI!

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm so glad he's spread to the masses! I've loved the guy for like 2-3 years. He's the greatest :)

Got a color recommendation? :-p

CateKnits
11-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Avocado. :P But that's only based on my personal preference.

jelly
11-08-2005, 03:37 AM
i think rain or grass would look best with your coloring

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Thanks, I'm really wondering whether I should go with the lighter or the darker of the colors.

Vendie
11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Have you worked with the WOTA yet? Just curious b/c you might find that it's kinda scratchy next to your skin. If I were knitting Rogue (which I want to someday too), I would probably choose the Merino Style from KnitPicks. It might throw off your guage a little, but I think the designer said something about knitting Rogue in a DK weight was ok. Merino style doesn't have the same color choices, but the asparagus is similar to the avacado of WOTA, if you liked that color. No good light blues tho.

KellyK
11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I was just gonna suggest the same thing. I wouldnt use WOTA for a sweater. Hildie is makin a cardi from Merino Style and its NICEY NICE!! Also inexpensive! And, if you were considering the Rain or Chambray WOTA colors, then the "Cornflower" Merino might be nice....
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_Display.aspx?itemid=5420104

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 04:00 PM
hmmm, yea I thought about knitting with the andean silk at first too, but when I asked before, no one could answer my question on whether it was itchy or not. Everyone said it depended on if your skin is sensitive to it or not. And my boyfriend said that I'd be wearing something underneath also which I wasn't thinking about. The Merino asparagus is really pretty too :) Cornflower looks purpley and I'm not to fond of purple. Thanks though :)

jodstr2
11-08-2005, 04:07 PM
grass.

that hoodie is gorgeous! I wanna make myself some clothing soon.

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 10:49 PM
:) It is an awesome hoodie ...I'm hoping to get enough cash to make it this winter.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
yes, merino style ROCKS for sweaters. WOTA is a bit scratchy. (IMO)

And I totally thought you were giving the finger in that picture!!!!!!

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 11:06 PM
lol, it's not "the finger", it's the SUPER finger :) Two fingers as one, meaning either F* you to the max, or I completely respect you and recognize the greatness in you. Context is key :)

I use it a lot. :)

And now I'm seriously considering getting that asparagus merino for the hoodie! I dont like the colors as much as the WOTA ones, but if it's less scratchy, or not at all, I'd go for that one then.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
oh, i was thinking it was an east side-west side thing :oops:

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 11:09 PM
haha, no but that's okay. Now you know ;) I'm a central gal anyway :lol:

Julie
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
FWIW, I don't think Andean Silk is scratchy at all. Not in the slightest. It's so yummy!! But Merino Style is good too....I have some Asparagus....nice color, but a little darker than I expected it to be.

CateKnits
11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
How about Lamb's Pride? After I get the money to afford 8 skeins of the stuff, I want to make a sweater from Stitch n Bitch. I've made a hat from it and it doesn't bother my forehead too much, but I'm unsure about a sweater...Though it's a cardigan, so it'll have something under it.
Anyone made a Lamb's Pride sweater?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-08-2005, 11:36 PM
i like lamb's pride... i've made scarves, but not a sweater. Again, I think it's a teeny bit scratcy for something I;'d have around my neck. I have sensitive skin though.... why not take the hat you made and rub it on your neck? Then you'll get a feel for what the sweater will be like.

:eyebrow:

humblestumble
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM
I have sensitive skin for sure. Especially during winter. I just gotta make sure I have the money for merino or andean silk soon. But i wont know until nov 17 or later :happydance:

aprildavis99
11-16-2005, 01:57 PM
I have just ordered the pattern for Rogue Hoodie and the Eris V-neck pullover (on the same site). I think I am going to make Rogue in Honey Merino for my DD. And I am going to use Rhubarb for the Eris for me.

Yeah I can't wait! :happydance:

humblestumble
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM
oh yeay! Cant wait til you finish it :) I may end up buying the stuff soon....MY birthday's tomorrow and I may get some cash!

aprildavis99
11-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Still waiting....I get so anxious when I know something is on it's way.
but oh how much fun it will be to open the box and see the colors and touch the yarn. :heart:
Hurry, hurry, hurry... :XX:

aprildavis99
11-24-2005, 04:45 AM
I got my yarn yesterday evening. How pretty the KP Merino "Rhubarb" is. I like the Honey, too. I just need to find time to sit down and get started. Yeah :happydance: :happydance:

rebecca
11-24-2005, 04:53 AM
OMGoodness, I know that you are TOO EXCITED :happydance: :happydance: !! Now...what, exactly are ya making ;) ?!

humblestumble
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM
oh yeay! Rogue is gonna be so pretty :) I haven't gotten anymore money for my birthday, and I think some people forgot about my birthday (they didnt even just say "happy birthday". So I'll be saving up to get yarn...cant wait to see your progress!

aprildavis99
11-24-2005, 11:17 PM
As soon as I buy another tape measure, I will get started. I can't seem to find the one I had. I bought yarn for the size bigger than the one I thought my daughter is, but I have to do actual measurements. Fun, fun, fun. My goodness, the Rogue Hoodie and the Eris V-neck are long patterns! Mostly b/c of the cable charts, but jeez. Plus my printer fell off the desk...my 4year old son is clueless as to how this happened while he was in the room...so I am going to have to go to the library to print them out. I don't like knitting at my computer.

Humble, hope you get yarn money soon. Happy belated birthday!

humblestumble
11-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh wow, Yea, my tape measures always get lost. And thats a shame about your printer! Rogue still kinda intimidates me because of the charts...But I WILL do it! :cheering:

Thanks ;) Cant wait to see it.