PDA

View Full Version : Knitters in the North East

Pages : [1] 2

punkhippiemom
11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
OK, there has been some talk that we shouldn't let the Illinoisians have all the fun with their getting together and knitting and all that... ;)
So, anyone in the Northeast that would like to give it a shot?? I know that term covers quite a bit of area, but if there's enough interest we could organize two or more... say, one near Pittsburgh, one near DC, one in New England.
Feedback??

Personally, I love daytrips, so any drive up to 3-4 hrs away is no problem.

Jeep_Girl
11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey Rebecca - I live in PGH so I'm glad to see this!!

I don't know if 3-4 hours just for the day would be doable - I'd have to stay the night somewhere to make it worth the drive - I don't like driving - my DH can attest to that - when we do long trips - I immediately sleep - poor thing has to drive the whole way.

CateKnits
11-09-2005, 11:43 AM
It depends on when it is. I'm probably closer to you all when I'm home, but I only get to be home foe 5 weeks (aside from summer) all year, so I'm not giving that time up!
When I'm at school, I'd be willing to drive three hours or so, but I also have to think about having class and homework and whatnot. :rollseyes:

Sara
11-09-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd love to meet you guys! I would consider making a longer trip (i.e. overnight), but like Cate, I have school to consider. I was thinking that northern PA would be a good compromise. There's also Elmira/Binghamton. People from PA could get up there in a couple hours and folks like Ingrid, Victoise, Cate, and I would be a couple hours away. (Sorry Susie, that would still be a long trek for you!) I don't know how far that is from NYC, I've never been east of Binghamton. We've only lived out here about 13 years. :rollseyes:

Darn all these mountains and lakes! They're all just in the way! Where's my flying car?!! :lol:

HeatherFeather
11-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I"d love to get together with fellow KH people!!! :) I'm in Baltimore so fairly centrally located. DH drags...ahem...cough sputter...TAKES me to Civil War battle fields...:) so I figure I can TAKE him on a field trip like this!!!

VictoiseC
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Hmmmm, yeah that's a great idea but, but there's a but, I hate driving too far by myself too. Binghamton is about 3 hours, not quite.
It would be a great summery thing. PA is not too far but I never go there. I wouldn't mind inviting you all to my place! I have a HUGE new sunporch that I'm actually thinking of turning into a knitting shop/class/get together place once it's finished (and as long as my DH doesn't mind which I don't think he will).

I'm in sheep/alpaca country too! Catskills, east of Binghamton about 3 hours I guess. Bovina Center. There are some really neat B & Bs in my little hamlet also. Well, let's kick it around and see what happens.
The other night I had some friends over and I excitedly pulled out my newest yarn which btw, is brilliant colors I got at the Wool & Sheep Festival, and they were like, 'ummmm, yawn, yes, isn't that lovely'' !!!!!!! So it would be nice to be around some ENTHUSED understanding knitters! :lol:

CateKnits
11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I like the idea of Binghamton (but it's about 5 hours for all you MD folk :P), but that's only because it's close. I go through it every time I go home. :D

Carol_OH
11-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm in the Cleveland area, so any Pittsburgh/Buffalo kinda meet up would be good for me - even mid-PA okay.

KellyK
11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
OK, there has been some talk that we shouldn't let the Illinoisians have all the fun with their getting together and knitting and all that... ;)
NO YOU SHOULDN'T!!! We are GLAD to serve as some sort of inspiration!! :cheering:

amy
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Great idea!!! :cheering:

If western Massachusetts isn't too far for y'all, I happen to live 1/2 hour from the country's largest yarn store!! (Webs, aka www.yarn.com ) I bet we could get a room to ourselves to hang out, and Northampton's a great town for food and shopping. :D

Sounds like NY might be a more central hub though? :thinking:

snooc
11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm up for a Western Mass trip! I live in Central Mass and have been dying to get out that way! Plus meeting some new knitter-buds would be cool too ;)

punkhippiemom
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
:cheering:
I'm so glad to see everyone getting enthused about this...
Vic - :shock: - you're a brave woman, volunteering your house! :roflhard: I probably would, too- but only if I could kick DH and kids out for the day.... and that won't happen :rollseyes:
Well, this is great, I've definitely gotten some good ideas - I personally don't mind a longer drive, but I know for a lot of people it's just not doable...
HeatherFeather - I drive through Catonsville every time I go to DC/Virginia :) I know it's not too far from here, maybe two hours...
Good start, keep 'em coming!

sogrammatical
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
A meet up would be fun! I'm in Western Massachusetts, pretty close to Amy actually. I can even ride my bike down to Webs!

Unfortunately, I've got a pretty small travelling radius due to not having a car. If there's one within a short bus ride from me, I'd love to attend!

Also, Cate! Do you live in NY and go to school in Annapolis or the other way around?

Ingrid
11-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I'd rather head over to Mass. than down through the city. My concern with Binghamton area is driving for 3 hours and having to turn around and come home. I'm open to discussion, though. Bovina would be good for me, too.

Sara
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Bovina Center is 3 and a half hours from me. This looks more complicated than an Illinois gathering. :?? Perhaps I should recuse myself from making arrangements since I'm not convenient to anyone. I'll just show up if I can when you decide to get together.

CateKnits
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Perhaps I should recuse myself from making arrangements since I'm not convenient to anyone. I'll just show up if I can when you decide to get together.
Same for me. A lot of your suggestions just wouldn't work for me. Good luck, though! :D

margie
11-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I would love to get together- I hate to drive, but depending on where it is, I could do it. Rebecca, depending on what direction we need to go in, maybe we could team up and go together? I guess it just depends on what area would be the most central to the most people who are interested, and where we would be able to gather. My house is more that open to anyone who'd like to come, but since I'm in the Philadelphia area, I'm not sure how local that is to all you NY people. This is, assuming we are talking day trip- if you want to stay the night, you'd have to sleep on the floor with the kitties!! ;)

D
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm willing to go an hourish away.. maybe a little further, but i'll cross that stream when i pass it:)

knitfun
11-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm in New Jersey, Central -- So I would LOVE to get together....if it wasn't too far away....I could do NYC or Jersey area.

I'll be checking in to see what we can all do!

Thanks for the suggestions!

beldaraan
11-10-2005, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't mind inviting you all to my place! I have a HUGE new sunporch that I'm actually thinking of turning into a knitting shop/class/get together place once it's finished (and as long as my DH doesn't mind which I don't think he will).
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! If I can ever get down to southern Ontario to see my family, I would sooooooo much go to NY as a side trip. I would do a 3+ hour drive no problem!
:verysad:

gimmesanity
11-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Hmmm, if I had a few weeks' notice, I'd be able to meet in NYC. Other than that, I don't know about driving up to Binghampton from MD. That's a lot of driving for us.

Maybe some of y'all who live in MD/VA would like to get together in Baltimore or Annapolis?

~Sharon

KellyK
11-10-2005, 08:29 AM
OH C'MON, you guys!!! ALL of these places (except Ontario) are only like 1/4" APART on MY map!!! What are ya gripin about??? That whole East Coast is all SQUISHED together! GOOOOOO! BE TOGETHER! IT'S FUNNNN! :shifty:

nutterknitter
11-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I live in CT (New Canaan--near Stamford) but I could make it to Western Mass. I am a new knitter--but would love to meet others!
Nutter

punkhippiemom
11-10-2005, 09:36 AM
This is good! Like I said before, I know the northeast is a pretty general term, but at least if we get an idea of who's interested, it'll be easier to pick a place to meet. Me, I'm willing to explore, so I'll prolly show up at all of em! ;)
I am pondering my atlas as we speak, but so far it looks like this will definitely end up being a little more regionally specific... DC/MD/VA, New England-ish, and PA/OH (Hi Carol :waving: )... I'm going to do a little research and try to find cities that are not only central to most, but have at least two good yarn shops!!
And, this probably won't be until after the holidays - I personally usually end up being completely exhausted and sick of traveling during November and December. So as a very rough estimate, let's say the second or third week of January...
:cheering: :happydance: Oooh, I'm so excited... wish I had Beld's dancing banana right now... :roflhard:

kemp
11-10-2005, 09:48 AM
It makes it a lot easier if you can carpool! I hate to drive too.

punkhippiemom
11-10-2005, 10:17 AM
:inlove:
Yeah, and if you carpool, everyone but the driver can use the drive time to knit!! (I volunteer to drive... I just recently figured out the reason that I've been feeling carsick every time we go on a long trip is because I can't knit in the car without getting nauseous :crying: )And we can all sing knitting songs, and tell knitting stories.... :roflhard:

Jeremy
11-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I live about an hour and a half from Amy in North Hampton. I notice Ingrid and Sogrammatical are not far either. It would be a fun day trip. The only thing is I can't do it on a Saturday.

Jeremy
11-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I also live about 2 hours from NYC and would be willing to meet there as well.

Sara
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Beldeeee!!! We could meet in Buffalo! Carol and Cate could come. I know there are a couple people around St. Catharine's in Ontario. Next time you get out here, we will make a date!

CateKnits
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I like the idea of Buffalo! I could even make my friend Chuck drive me if I promise to buy him Mighty Taco. :P

margie
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
:inlove:
Yeah, and if you carpool, everyone but the driver can use the drive time to knit!! (I volunteer to drive... I just recently figured out the reason that I've been feeling carsick every time we go on a long trip is because I can't knit in the car without getting nauseous :crying: )And we can all sing knitting songs, and tell knitting stories.... :roflhard:

Yay!!!! Kelly, could you please write us some knitting songs for the trip??
:cheering: ;)

sogrammatical
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I live about an hour and a half from Amy in North Hampton. I notice Ingrid and Sogrammatical are not far either. It would be a fun day trip. The only thing is I can't do it on a Saturday.

I actually live in Northampton, so I'll strongly advocate for that!

As for meet-ups in other places, I probably could only make a weekend one because I have class.

VictoiseC
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
oh my god! Beldie has reappeared finally! I was worried!

January! What about the icy roads? Oh I'm such a worry wart wort? But, you want to meet in a city with yarnshops, there has to be a place (house?) to hang out in no?
There's lots of yarn shops here of course, it's NEW YORK CITY.
In fact I might get a job at one near me if I can just get off my lazy bottom and walk back there with my resume.

Well Kelly's right! Being a city person however I don't drive much so I tend to also worry about a long drive. (sorry)
A carpool is a good idea though. oh, I don't have much constructive stuff to say so I'll shut up for a while and wait.

I still think you'all should think about Bovina Center next spring or summer... it's GORGEOUS up there, the Indians called it 'magic country'. here look!

Ingrid
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd be a little concerned about making plans for the deep winter months. Too much "if" with the weather.

punkhippiemom
11-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, in that case it's going to have to be soon ...like before Thanksgiving -or wait until March. Of course, now everyone's so into the idea, it might be better not to wait :thinking: ...

beldaraan
11-15-2005, 03:26 AM
Beldeeee!!! We could meet in Buffalo! Carol and Cate could come. I know there are a couple people around St. Catharine's in Ontario. Next time you get out here, we will make a date!
If I do NOT meet any knitters when I go to visit my family (unexpected trips excluded), I will cry. A lot.

I also love to drive. All you need is 4WD for the winter and np or do you people know what that is? 8-)

(Sorry that you were worried Vic, I'm okay :heart: )

punkhippiemom
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
When are you going to visit your family??
Anytime soon??
(We wouldn't want you to cry. A lot. ;) )

beldaraan
11-15-2005, 05:30 PM
You better start without me... I never get to see my family because travelling is so expensive. We're staying home for Christmas and next summer we'll be in northern Ontario for inlaw's anniversary (40th, I think). I just mean that when I DO get a chance to see my family, I think that would be a good time to arrange a meeting :D

suziehomemaker
11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Let's start the planning now! I will be moving to Syracuse in January so I'm open to all of the NYS places (not crazy about going to the city) but I'm also open to NJ and MA since my DH has guy friends in those areas. I think the criteria should be a friendly LYS in the area that would let us knit there and give us a discount on purchases plus possibly someplace close by to eat together.

I agree that traveling in the winter is not the best idea but why wait!! Especially if we plan well in advance. We could easily allow more travel time in case there's a storm.

sogrammatical
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I think the criteria should be a friendly LYS in the area that would let us knit there and give us a discount on purchases plus possibly someplace close by to eat together.

Well, on that criteria, I'll advocate for Northampton, MA again! We're home to Webs and there's lots of great restaurants in town. Plus the best ice cream you'll ever eat.

Plus I'll be able to come.

Jeremy
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
I'd vote with Lisa on Northampton so long as its not on a Saturday.

punkhippiemom
11-15-2005, 09:25 PM
OK, Just based on the response here, I have broken the spine on my atlas and given myself about a dozen papercuts flipping back and forth ;)
and here's what I've got...
Western New Yorkers (Ingy, Cate, Sara, and Vic) (and Carol, and any others I may have missed! :waving:) would probably do best in Buffalo- They have a yarn shop called Have Ewe Any Wool :roflhard: -or if y'all are up for it, crashing @ Vic's house in Bovina.
You New England folks sound like you'll have Heaven on Earth (and get to meet our fearless leader) in Northampton @Webs. I say go for it.
And us Eastern PA, NJ, and MD people could easily meet in Philly - I KNOW there's a yarn shop on South St, I just don't remember the name... Loops or something like that...

Now for dates....

Ingrid
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm not really western New York. I'm just a few miles from the CT border. Mass. is probably closest to me. Definitely closer than Buffalo (that'd be at least 5 hours.)

punkhippiemom
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
:blush: (The atlas did it!)

I couldn't even find you on Mapquest, Ingy... I put in Pleasant Valley, NY, and got 6 :shock: different listings back, all of them combined w/another city... :oops: Sorry for lumping you in there...

Ingrid
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
That's ok! Don't seem so upset! It's not like Western NY is a bad neighborhood! :roflhard: The zip is 12569 if you're curious.

punkhippiemom
11-15-2005, 09:51 PM
That's ok! Don't seem so upset! It's not like Western NY is a bad neighborhood! :roflhard:
:roflhard: :roflhard:
You and Vic were kind of hard to find, but I think I got everyone else ok...

margie
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd love to have a get-together in Philly!! I've never been to any of the LYS there. :happydance:

punkhippiemom
11-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Let's see....
Heather, Lori, Sharon, and D are the closest to Philly - what do you guys think?? Wanna? Huh? :roflhard: Baltimore wouldn't be that bad, either... :thinking:
LOL I might just go to Havertown (http://www.technicolorsheep.com)on a side trip, anyway... This place looks great!

suziehomemaker
11-16-2005, 09:53 AM
The three different areas sound great! We should post separate threads in the General Knitting topic to coordinate dates, times and specific locations. (That way I won't get confused :D )

HeatherFeather
11-16-2005, 10:50 AM
the celtic knot has a really cool yarn shop, in historic ellicott city.....lots of sitting comfy space, and yummy resturants all along the pocket book...:) lol....

but I would LOVE a trip to Philly!!!

I'm pretty much out for a trip now however until after the holidays....(Girl Scout Chorus performances)....unless during the week, I'd be able to be back here by 3ish??? lol....

I was just thinking of posting a sit and knit for those that are able to come....for those in the baltimore area....??? no need for a biggie deal...(even tho that would be FUN)

CateKnits
11-16-2005, 11:31 AM
I'll be in the Baltimore area next week, if you get anything together that quickly. :D

HeatherFeather
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
THAT DOES IT!!! lol...

impromptu sit and knit!!! lol....:) (the good girl in my just can't say B*itch outloud...lol...)

Since my dad isn't coming in for the weekend, my life basically has opened up...:)
I'll start a new thread? or do you want to...don't want to jump on any toes.

punkhippiemom
11-16-2005, 01:26 PM
:shock:
I am so up for that... Pick a day!
I think my DH has Saturday off, so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping the kids anywhere... :thinking:
Go ahead and post on this thread, pretend I don't even have toes ;) :thumbsup:

margie
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Are we talking about this coming Saturday, or Saturday the 26th? If it is the 26th, I 'might' be able to come. I'm not too keen on driving to Baltimore by myself, though. You'd all have to do some pretty heavy convincing!! I wanna come sit and knit, though!!! :cheering:

HeatherFeather
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
I wasn't really thinking of dates...plus I don't think that Cate is going to be here this weekend??? I know that I am busy all day Saturday on the one after T'giving...with Chorus...I'd be able to do day time just about any time....

I could post a poll to see what's best for everyone? I'll come even if only one person can come...:)

punkhippiemom
11-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I wasn't really thinking of dates...plus I don't think that Cate is going to be here this weekend??? I know that I am busy all day Saturday on the one after T'giving...with Chorus...I'd be able to do day time just about any time....

I could post a poll to see what's best for everyone? I'll come even if only one person can come...:)

I don't know if anyone else saw the thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68432#68432), but apparently there's a yarn shop in Philly that's moving and having a yarn sale this weekend... :thinking:
I am definitely up for this Saturday, I could even pick you up if you want Margie - - - if we go to Philly you're more or less on my way, and if we go to Baltimore, it's not that far out of the way...
and I called my non-knitting friend in DC, and she just happens to have the weekend off as well....I told her she can come with, but she has to at least try to learn :twisted: :roflhard:

D
11-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Ooh if any of you come down here, I wouldn't mind going back over there to meet up :)
I also listed a bunch of other stores in the area later in the post..

*crosses fingers for Sat. because Fri. and Sunday will likely be busy*

gimmesanity
11-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Cate, when will you be here? I'm down for meeting up next week in Baltimore, or anywhere nearby - I'll have family in town and will need an excuse to get away for a few hours. haha.

~Sharon

margie
11-16-2005, 07:09 PM
:( :( I can't go this weekend...........we are ahaving a suprise party for my grandmother's 90th birthday on Sdaturday, and my husband will be glassblowing all day on Sunday, which leaves me with the kids........ :(

That's why I was hoping for the weekend after Thanksgiving>...........

punkhippiemom
11-16-2005, 07:35 PM
:?? Well, this is a pickle...I don't know how calmly DH would handle me being gone two weeks in a row :lol: he gets a little tense not having me around LOL...
My wonderful friend had taken the whole weekend (and Monday and Tuesday) off to go to NY and Boston w/her DH, but as we were talking he called to tell her he couldn't get the time off :doh: so I'm her shoulder this weekend, and since I was gonna be in the area anyway....

:crying: Can anybody do this Saturday?

Sara
11-16-2005, 08:56 PM
That's ok! Don't seem so upset! It's not like Western NY is a bad neighborhood! :roflhard: The zip is 12569 if you're curious.

LMAO!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: You've never been out here, have you, Ingrid?!

Just kidding! Actually, if I were to go out and take pictures (during daylight hours) they would look just like Victoise's 'hood. ;)

Ingrid
11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I've been to the Rochester area more times than I'd care to mention! To be honest, my area looks like Victoise's pics, too.

CateKnits
11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm home from now until the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
I'm working next week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, though. But I get off at 2:30!

D
11-16-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm fine going Sat... it's only a couple blocks (okay, a little more than that.. but really, a short walk) from me.

punkhippiemom
11-17-2005, 01:28 PM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL.....
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
I have to talk to my friend, and I'll PM you when we figure out an approx. time.... and DH is supposed to have Sat. after Tgiving off, tooo... :thinking: I'm thinking if my friend comes here, and we drive to Philly, I may be able to cry or something girly like that and get out the next weekend too, for Baltimore.... :inlove: :inlove: That would be awesome... two knitting excursions in two weeks, heavenly...

margie
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Cry hard, Rebecca, so that you can go to Baltimore!!! Tell Dh that I'm going to cry hard too, if you can't go!!! ;)

punkhippiemom
11-18-2005, 07:03 PM
;) I'm working on it already....
Wow, I really hope this works out... Is everybody else good for Baltimore next Saturday??

My friend can't come up here this weekend, she ended up having to work, but she still wants to get together in Baltimore tomorrow... I tried talking her into Philly, but she's just got too much to do :( We're going to meet for lunch and maybe go see Harry Potter, tho...I guess it's a good thing, I probably would have bought some amazingly expensive yarn and then been afraid to actually make something with it :roflhard: :rollseyes: I'm so cheap...

D
11-19-2005, 02:52 AM
I just got back from HP:) Had a great time.. there were highs and lows of the movie.. bits distorted, characters soso.. IMO Ralph Fiennes did not do a good job as Voldy.. definitely not as good as people were saying he was. BUT overall it was a good film! maybe a 7/10 in my book.. I'll probably see it again with some of the people I went with. :)

Don't think I'll be able to get up to Baltimore, we'll see!

punkhippiemom
11-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Just from the previews (and because DH is playing the video game) I can see a lot of little things that they've changed from the book... I say if it's not broke, don't fix it, but I'll reserve a complete judgement until we go see it....
Baltimore is absolutely beautiful! My friend and I met up there, and had a really nice time... lots of shopping and restaraunts right on the piers, beautiful buildings and it seems like there's a lot of stuff to do - I did not see a yarn store where we were, but it may be a little more off the beaten path...looks like a great place to get together!

amy
11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Western Mass get-together: Can folks do Dec. 30th or 31st, by any chance? That's Friday or Saturday, Saturday being New Years eve.

Webs (yarn.com) in Northampton is having a HUGE HUGE HUGE sale that week, ending Saturday. It will be a mob scene, but I was thinking we could meet at a mellow cafe (there's a few to choose from) and knit and eat and relax, for an hour or two, then go over to the mob scene for major yarn indulgence! :eyebrow: Then we can go back to the cafe and do more eating and knitting and relaxing. :mrgreen:

I know this is a shot in the dark, since folks tend to have plans on New Year's Eve, but I thought it worth asking. If not, we can plan another day, say in mid-late January, which will have its own appeal, because when Webs isn't mobbed, we could get a whole meeting room to ourselves. I might as well ask about that as a back-up: Can folks do Sunday morning Jan. 22nd? We'd want to make it early so folks could get home at a decent hour Sunday evening.

Let's call any plans "weather permitting." I don't want to see anyone traveling in scary weather, so we should be prepared that there's probably a 25% chance of having to postpone any plans this time of year.

sogrammatical
11-29-2005, 04:23 PM
The end of December will work for me! The 30th would probably be better than the 31st because then people won't have to work around New Year's plans, and I seem to remember someone from Connecticut saying they can't come on a Saturday. The students won't be around then so the cafes will probably be pretty empty too!

January would also be good, I think.

amy
11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Glad you can make it Lisa!

Yeah, Jeremy was the one that said Saturdays aren't good for him. I PM'd him, hoping that he might have New Year's Eve off, haven't heard back yet. If folks can do Friday, that would be great too!

punkhippiemom
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
DH had mentioned something about going to Times Square this year for New Year's :help: :roflhard: so we'd be in the area... Pending any change in plans, I'm in for the 30th...

Ingrid
11-29-2005, 07:26 PM
It would take me about 2 hours, so I'm in. I'm flexible on which day.

sogrammatical
11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Right. I totally forgot that people have work on Fridays. It's break for me so I guess I assumed everyone else is going to be sleeping 14 hours a day, recovering from the semester.

In that case, disregard my previous; it would probably be easier to work around New Years plans than to work about work!

:doh:

vcuchica931
11-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Well I'm from Virginia, but I've always wanted to take a road trip!

amy
12-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Friday Dec. 30th is happening!! Northampton, Massachusetts! YAY! :cheering:

So far it's Lisa (sogrammatical), Ingrid, me, Rebecca (punkhippiemom), and Shayla if she's up for a long road trip!

I've reserved a large table at Fitzwilly's (http://www.fitzwillys.com/index.php) restaurant, we can meet there. They're right on Main St. and easy to find. Let's aim to congregate at 12:30; they said we can hang out and be leisurely. I was thinking, lunch and knitting there, then over to Webs for their big sale. :happydance:

Sound good??
Remember, this is WEATHER PERMITTING. Let's keep an eye on the forecast.

KellyK
12-19-2005, 10:44 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Im SOOOO jealous! Wish I could be there!! :heart:

Jeremy
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I might be able to make it. It would have to be a short visit and then home but I sure would like to meet everyone.

sogrammatical
12-19-2005, 12:37 PM
I am soooooooo there.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-19-2005, 04:38 PM
i want to come toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ingrid
12-19-2005, 05:12 PM
I will do everything in my power to make arrangements for the boyz so I can be there. I should be able to, under the circumstances! :cheering: :cheering:

vcuchica931
12-19-2005, 06:23 PM
ahhh, I cant make it,I have to work! :crying: Have fun you guys!

punkhippiemom
12-20-2005, 12:50 AM
We haven't heard from our friends yet, so they are probably not going to be joining us for New Year's... I'm going to try and talk DH into letting me come anyway - he gets nervous if I want to go somewhere an hour away :rollseyes: ... so I'm tentative, but I will do what I can to be there!

this is so cooool....

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 08:53 AM
We haven't heard from our friends yet, so they are probably not going to be joining us for New Year's... I'm going to try and talk DH into letting me come anyway - he gets nervous if I want to go somewhere an hour away :rollseyes: ... so I'm tentative, but I will do what I can to be there!

this is so cooool....

Depending on your route, we could meet up in NY and travel together from there.

KellyK
12-20-2005, 08:54 AM
:roflhard: <--- KK throwing hissy fit

I wanna meet up in NY & travel together from therrrrre!!!!

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 09:01 AM

OK. Where do you want me to pick you up. Stewart Airport isn't too far. ;)

KellyK
12-20-2005, 09:27 AM
OK...take New York to BERWYN..... :roflhard:

kemp
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM

How about a 5 hour drive to Cincy, then we'll drive 13 hours to NY? :roflhard: :roflhard:

benniesma
12-20-2005, 10:18 AM
So close and yet so far! I'd love to come....I'll be in Rochester, NY for Christmas. But Olivia is a flower girl in a wedding on the 30th!!! Poo!

Do you think I could convince Doug to take Olivia and Ben to the wedding all by himself? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Aaahh, I crack myself up!!

punkhippiemom
12-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Depending on your route, we could meet up in NY and travel together from there. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
roadtrip!!!!

margie
12-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I wish I could come......... :( Too far to go by myself for a day trip, I'm afraid. I'll be there in spirit, though!! Hopefully we will be able to organize a get-together further southeast in the spring.

Ingrid
12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Depending on your route, we could meet up in NY and travel together from there. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
roadtrip!!!!

Seriously?

punkhippiemom
12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
seriously... but I've hit a snag... DH just got his schedule, he's working the 30th. :(
I'm going to try and work on my MIL when we see her at Christmas... she hasn't sat for the kids for almost 6 months (altho she did watch our house during the florida debacle) and she needs a break from BIL and his fiance, so maybe she'll be up for it!!! :pray: :angelgrin: :pray:

Ingrid
12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Go Grandma, go Grandma, go Grandma!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Jeremy
12-27-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. The weather looks ok (I think) and my schedule is clear. :thumbsup:

Ingrid
12-27-2005, 11:55 AM
I was just going to bring up this thread myself! I'm still planning on making it. Who else? Details (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5226&start=75&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

punkhippiemom
12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I am so upset... there just doesn't seem to be any way I can make it (unless I bring the rugrats with me, but that's not really an option :( ).
I asked my MIL, she's having an MRI and a surgical consult Thursday and Friday, Great Grandma has to work, my BIL has to work, DH's aunt and uncle are working.....There's a woman a couple of houses down from me that has a teenage daughter, I think I'm going to take some cookies down there tonight and see if she wants to come meet the boys and see how they get along...
:verysad: I hate having no sitter.
I'm trying, tho.... :pray:

amy
12-27-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm there of course! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you can make it Jeremy! I know Lisa is coming. Ingrid, yay!! So that's definitely 4 of us. Maybe more.

PHM, I'm praying for you! :pray:

Shayla, are you still up for the long trip?

amy
12-28-2005, 09:47 PM
For those of you just checking this out...

We're going to be hitting Webs in Northampton, MA (the largest yarn store in the country!) for their biggest sale of the year!

Also, I think we'll be getting an additional 20% off on sale and non-sale items. I'm double checking, but it's basically in the bag. :happydance: (They usually offer this to people spending $60 or more on yarn. I've asked them to offer it to us as a group discount regardless of how much we each spend.)

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 12:00 AM
:rofling: I have a feeling that I'll be spending muliples of $60, so if we don't get a group discount, I'll spread it around. ;) I think this is meant to be for me, at least, since I got a postcard from Webs the same day Amy posted details about the trip. Must be kismet!!

So anyone in the vicinity--join us!!!

punkhippiemom
12-29-2005, 12:49 AM
So, I'm thinking the people down the street went away for the week or something, I haven't seen their car there for days... and I've been looking!!
I wish I could make it... a road trip w/Ingrid to go buy yarn :happydance: What could be better???
Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 12:51 AM
:(

punkhippiemom
12-29-2005, 01:11 AM
:crying:
me too...

margie
12-29-2005, 10:03 AM
I wish I could come.............it sounds like such fun!!

Punkhippiemom, maybe we'll be able to have a get-together somewhere this direction in the next few months!

punkhippiemom
12-29-2005, 10:45 AM
That would be so cool...

Ingrid
12-29-2005, 03:56 PM
That would be so cool...

Sure! You'll go to theirs! :(

I'm excited! My credit card is polished, my trunk is empty, the car is gassed, my directions are printed and I'm ready to roll!

punkhippiemom
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
:roflhard: @ Ingrid... Has your credit card been working out? It's going to need its strength, you know...

Sure! You'll go to theirs!
:( I wanna come to this one, I really do....Anybody want to watch a 3yo and a 5yo for 12 hrs so Mommy can go yarn shopping??

Ingrid
12-30-2005, 12:12 AM
If I didn't know any better, I'd suggest bringing them along. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeremy
12-30-2005, 12:29 AM
ok by me. :D

Ingrid
12-30-2005, 01:25 AM
ok by me. :D

I certainly would mind the kids there, but I don't think I'd want to drive all that way by myself with them for anything!!

amy
12-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Woohoo, just a couple more hours!!! Can't. Contain. Excitement. http://img118.exs.cx/img118/6682/q6ibounce.gif

margie
12-30-2005, 07:31 PM
sigh.........hope it was fun!!! I thought of you guys today- I'm being paged now to go play a game of Life.......... :rollseyes:

punkhippiemom
12-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Pics already... sheesh people.... :rollseyes:

Ingrid
12-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Pics already... sheesh people.... :rollseyes:

Here! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7357&highlight=) :D

punkhippiemom
12-31-2005, 09:46 AM

Jeremy
03-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Is it time to plan another? I'd really like to see everyone again and maybe even get more people there!

molly
03-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I just saw this thread, and I'd LOVE to join in on a get-together in MA! I'm very new to knitting, so yarn wasn't even on my radar when you all were traipsing around that amazing looking yarn store, but now I'm gonna have to go and see it for myself... I live in Worcester (well, technically - we're moving into our new house there next weekend), so Western MA is easy for me.

burnsie9999
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I am in Western Mass and didn't know the site at the time of the last GTG. I would love to do this too.

May we can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thinking:

Ingrid
03-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm game! I have a week off in April, but I know that most people don't. We have to plan for a weekday or Sunday, since Jeremy can't on Saturday. It would be great if we could plan for after the clock changes, too.

I, however, will be happy to assist anyone who is buying yarn. I've used a whole three balls of the massive amount I bought last time. :oops:

CateKnits
03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
If it were a Friday, I might be able to come...I don't know though. That would be a lot of driving for a round trip in one day.

aylaanne
03-14-2006, 09:20 PM
A meet up would be fun! I'm in Western Massachusetts, pretty close to Amy actually. I can even ride my bike down to Webs!

Unfortunately, I've got a pretty small travelling radius due to not having a car. If there's one within a short bus ride from me, I'd love to attend!

Also, Cate! Do you live in NY and go to school in Annapolis or the other way around?

Where do you live? I live pretty close to Amy, too, and I'd be willing to pick you up. I'd love to get together (and I'd love a WEBS party, too, but I'll drive!)

aylaanne
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Okay, now that I've actually LOOKED at the dates on this thread, i realized that I missed the whole fun party back in december, a whole month before I learned how to knit. I totally want a Western MA get together. I have a futon that I'm willing to sleep someone on if they need to stay overnight. I have a crazy schedule, but for a KH get-together? I'm totally there.

CateKnits
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry, Lisa, I didn't see your question!
I live in Annapolis and go to school in Rochester.

amy
03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd love to get together again out here! :cheering:

burnsie9999
03-15-2006, 01:49 PM
me too :cheering: me too :cheering: me too :cheering:

VictoiseC
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi! I wondered if anybody might be interested in the Massachusetts Sheep and Wool Festival? It's not til May 27, 28 but it's an idea. I really want to go and I see it's pretty close to Northhampton. I'd be a nice combination but would require an overnight stay.....
I love these shows... haven't been to this one. They're so much fun!

Here's a link:

http://www.masheepwool.org/

aylaanne
03-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Those are the dates of my graduation (nursing school on the 27th, uni-wide on the 28th) so I will not be going. Maybe next year?

However, if we can manage a KH get-together before that, say, in April, I would be so excited. I could use a knitting trip to get me out of my nursing school funk.

amy
03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the sheep and wool shows are more slanted towards spinners, right? Howabout we call that a spinner-centric get-together, and schedule a different knitter-centric one in April?

I'd love to attend both. Victoise, I'm a spinner, and I've been trying to attend that festival for years, I always seem to miss it! I'd love to attend with you, if you want to come out that weekend! :happydance:

Jeremy
03-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Just a question. Are we wedded to the idea of going yarn shopping or can we get together and just talk, knit and eat? Sundays are good days for me but with enough warning I can take a day off from work. The middle of April has a slew of Jewish holidays. How would Sunday the 23rd be for everyone? We could meet at the same restaurant as the last time.

Another question, maybe for a future get together. I could probably arrange to have a nice little coffee place in Norwich that doubles as an art gallery open for us on a Sunday. It has overstuffed furniture, the usual coffee combos panini and sandwiches. For those inclined to do a little more than knit, its about 10 minutes from the Mohegan Sun Casino and about 20 minutes from Foxwoods Casino. Norwich is on I-395 so about an hour to an hour and a half from Western Mass.

amy
03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
That's a good question Jeremy. I wished we had more time last time to hang out and chat and knit. It went pretty fast, didn't it? I'd be happy to just get together and talk and knit. Or if we want to meet at Webs and have a table and chairs to ourselves, with a more leisurely pace in mind, I'm sure we could arrange that there. We didn't do that last time, just because it was their big sale weekend and the store was too busy for good hanging-out.

Ingrid
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I like the idea of a relaxed knit together. I love Jeremy's idea, too. That sounds lovely.

I think if more people want to come this time, maybe just meeting at Webs would be ideal since it's so easy to find and has such abundant parking. :rollseyes: The rolled eyes, for those of you that don't kow, refers to my inability to find the restaurant. If people wanted to get a bite afterwards, that could happen, too.

Jeremy
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
The only problem with Webs is its not open on Sunday (unless you have an "in", Amy?)

aylaanne
03-15-2006, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't mind just getting together and knitting, although I wouldn't mind being taken through WEBS (I haven't worked up the nerve to go in there yet). I'm also not adverse to driving out to Norwich at all.

However, the 23rd of April is a sketchy day for me unless we go in the afternoon at least. I'm in a wedding on the 22nd and I don't know what Bridezilla has up her sleeve for the day after (she's übercontrolling about this entire affair). Hopefully, she'll be too happy about being done with the entire thing to bother with me on the 23rd and I'll be free all day!

aylaanne
03-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I like the idea of a relaxed knit together. I love Jeremy's idea, too. That sounds lovely.

I think if more people want to come this time, maybe just meeting at Webs would be ideal since it's so easy to find and has such abundant parking. :rollseyes: The rolled eyes, for those of you that don't kow, refers to my inability to find the restaurant. If people wanted to get a bite afterwards, that could happen, too.

What was the restaurant?

Ingrid
03-15-2006, 05:44 PM
It was Fitzwilly's, right on the main drag, but the name of the road changed and I'm directionally challenged anyway. Finally I parked and walked.

I guess if Webs is closed on Sunday, that would be a MAJOR factor. :doh:

molly
03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I think Sunday the 23rd works for me! That gives me incentive to finish my current project and start a new, more challenging one so I can take advantage of all your combined wisdom! I'm definitely going to make a journey to Webs one of these days anyway - simply getting together to talk and knit on that Sunday sounds wonderful.

Jeremy
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
FYI, I just checked at the coffee shop I mentioned. She would be willing to open up for us most any day including the 23rd. Something I didn't know is that she has the place open for knitting the first Sunday of evey month from 12-2 and she would stay open longer if we wanted. Re: Webs, the only day I really can't go, aside from Jewish holidays is Sat. So if the assembled wisdom decided on a weekday I would go.

Jeremy
03-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Bump. Any other times/ ideas?

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I suppose I'm going to have to skip this one. But I'm going to keep reading this thread, because I'm determined to go to one!

Jeremy
03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Don't skip. Nothing is set in cement. I'd really like to meet you. Anyone who puts socks on without taking out the dpn's is my kind of person. :D

CateKnits
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
:roflhard:
Well, I suppose it all depends on my procrastination. By the end of the quarter, I will have had 40 pages worth of papers due. :shock: Spring tends to be a bad time for me to get stuff done!

VictoiseC
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Well! These shows .. although I've only been to Rhinebeck I believe it will be a bit similar in that there are oodles of incredible unusual yarn for sale because the spinners are selling what they've spun.

I'm trying to learn to spin, I have two new spindles that I've been intimidated to try! But I think there will be a lot of yarn for sale.

I don't think I will make the April get together if I'm going in March.
Will think about though! Webs sounds so darned enticing.....!

WynnieG
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I would be up for a Western MA meet - though I'm a Metro Boston gal. My timetable is pretty well skrewed for this month and most of next - reenactment season is upon us, and I've got commitments in March and April for Battle Road 2006.

If anyone happens to be playing tourist at that event, I'll be easily recognizable as the slattern knitting stockings by the Hartwell Tavern. :rollseyes:

amy
03-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes, April 23rd sounds good! Count me in!

Thanks for the PM Jeremy :), sorry I fell of the face of the planet for a few days, we started moving this weekend! :happydance:

Jeremy
03-22-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm very happy for you and Sheldon. Good luck in your new adventure. There were some Mass. people interested including Sogrammatical who has limited transportation. Why don't we stick to Fitzwilly's this time? Anyone?

aylaanne
03-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh, count me in. What time?

Ingrid
03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Sounds good to me, too.

aylaanne
03-22-2006, 09:52 PM
omg I can't believe in a month I'm going to be meeting some of the kh greats. Pardon me while I have palpitations.

Ingrid
03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
omg I can't believe in a month I'm going to be meeting some of the kh greats. Pardon me while I have palpitations. :roflhard: :roflhard: Boy are you going to be in for a rude awakening!! :roflhard:

CateKnits
03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Do it again over the summer and I'll try to make it! :D

Jeremy
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
How about noon at Fitzwilly's?

Ingrid
03-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Sounds good. Let's make sure we get a final count beforehand so we can reserve a table if we have enough to do so. I know that the last time they didn't want to reserve one for just the four of us.

Maybe that yarn shop down the street is open on Sunday. We can at least get some yarn fondling in!

Maybe if the weather is lovely, we can find a nice park or something to sit in, too. :thinking:

Jeremy
03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll try to pm everyone who has expressed an interest here before. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Please let us know as soon as possible. :D

WynnieG
03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Jeremy, is this the April 23rd meet you're speaking of? If so I'd like to know wheres n whens of the meet too.

Jeremy
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Wynnie. April 23rd at Fitzwilly's in Northhampton at noon. Hope you can come, even if you look slatternly. :D

aylaanne
03-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I'll try to pm everyone who has expressed an interest here before. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Please let us know as soon as possible. :D
http://www.notebookforums.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

WynnieG
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
LOL. I'll endeavor to toss on some mod togs for the event.

Are we all supposed to wear red carnations or something? DPNs as hair sticks? Odd socks?

aylaanne
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
just bring your knitting bag. We'll find each other, I'm sure.

Jeremy
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
In all likelihood, it will be the only table with a man knitting at it. ;)

RachelJean
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
I would really love to come and meet everyone. However, I have to think of a way to explain the concept to my DH. I'm sure he'll think I'm crazy when I tell him that I want him to watch the kids so that I can drive 2 1/2 hours to get together with a group of people that I "met" on a knitting website. :shock: Maybe if I promise to knit him something nice...?

WynnieG
03-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Just tell him you're going to go out, buy some yarn and socialize with other knitters.

You can explain the cyber multiverse aspect of it to him later. Preferably after he's had a few banana smoothies while watching Dr. Who. :D

Jeremy
03-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I just spoke with Linda at Northampton Wool Works which is near to Fitzwilly's in Northhampton. She is normally closed on Sunday this time of year but is willing to open up for an hour or so for us. Is there enough interest for this? I think it would be fun but I don't want her to go to the bother without the probability of making a profit. If the concensus is yes, what time would you all suggest?

mailgirl
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
hmmm...I do not post much on the board but I may try to make this from Vermont! I will have to seriously think about this...Lisa

aylaanne
03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
hmmm...I do not post much on the board but I may try to make this from Vermont! I will have to seriously think about this...Lisa
PM me where you live in VT, I live close to the VT border and I'd be willing to board you if you needed to do an overnight or something (and we could carpool to the meet, since I know where I'm going).

mailgirl
03-24-2006, 07:15 PM
PM me where you live in VT, I live close to the VT border and I'd be willing to board you if you needed to do an overnight or something (and we could carpool to the meet, since I know where I'm going).

thanks! I live in Colchester near Burlington!

aylaanne
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks! I live in Colchester near Burlington!
Way too far to be driving at night. My DF used to go to Champlain College there. If we end up staying late you don't have to drive all the way back or anything. I'll PM you my address, you can drive to my house and we can carpool to the meet. Fitzwilly's is a great restaurant.

aylaanne
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I just realized--now I have to decide whether I want to rush and finish this top before the meet in April so I can wear it, or do I want to make sure I save the hard parts for when I'm with all these great knitters in person? :thinking: decisions decisions. :XX:

Anya
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I found myself in Northhampton last weekend. So that's where it is :doh: I'm considering coming out, if I can manage to get DH to watch the kiddos.

aylaanne
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
ooh, where are you usually? I'm really excited about this.

Anya
03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Apparently I live just over an hour away from Northampton, who knew? DH was driving and I had read some sign and commented, "oh, this is northapton? it's so close". Guess I should look at a map sometime :lol:

Jeremy
03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Hope you can come. :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
03-29-2006, 08:40 PM
I am tentatively planning on coming - I'm currently embroiled in a frantic job search (yes, that's why I've been away... thank you so much Jeremy for PMing me!! :notworthy: ), but on all applications I have maintained that I will NOT be available on April 23rd ;)..... and I've been warming DH up to the idea of letting me run off to parts unknown for the whole day!!! :D
Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

aylaanne
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
w00t!!! oh this is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
:shock: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: PHM!!!!!!

aylaanne
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
phm? :??

Ingrid
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
phm? :??

PunkHippieMama ;)

aylaanne
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
oh. :doh: now I feel silly. I'm very excited at the collection of people who are going to be there. now i couldn't miss it for the world.

Anya
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
yeah, I looked that up

PHM Guided Missile Patrol Combatant (Hydrofoil)
PHM Pagan History Month
PHM Parallel Hierarchical Matching
PHM Passive Hydrogen Maser
PHM Path History Management
PHM People's Health Movement
PHM Please Help Me
PHM Pretty Hate Machine (Nine Inch Nails album)
PHM Prognostic Health Management (aerospace technology)
PHM Prognostics & Health Management (aircraft technology)
PHM Programme de l'Hygiène du Milieu (French: Environmental Health Program)
PHM Proportional Hazards Model
PHM Public Health Management

molly
04-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm bumping this...

I'm still planning to make it on the 23rd - I've been away from this website for a few weeks because we just moved into our new house, and...well... need I say more about how hectic it's been?!? The nice thing is that Worcester is closer to Northampton than where we were living, so that Sunday will be just a nice little jaunt for me! And speaking of knitting with new people, I just learned about a knitters guild starting in Worcester, and I'm going to try to make it to their meeting tonight, so I'm very excited to meet some locals.

Jeremy
04-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Worcester is only an hour from where I live in Norwich, CT. Just south on I-395 :D

aylaanne
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I wanted to create a separate thread for this because I wanted to make sure I knew who was coming and etc etc. I also want to make sure it's still going on, it's been the only bright thing in my near future for a while. And I'm really nervous, It will be my first stitch and bitch session ever.

So, who's coming? What are you bringing? I'm gonna bring my camera and take tons of pictures, and hopefully post them here, so wear something you won't mind being photographed in!

Ingrid
04-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that I can come. I plan to, but the way things have been going lately, I can't guarantee it. It all depends on when and in what condition hubby gets out of the hospital.

I'm pretty sure Jeremy will come, but he won't answer today. :thinking:

If there are many of us, we should have a reservation, so this is a great idea.

Another thing to think about for the near future is Webs' tent sale May 20. :happydance:

aylaanne
04-16-2006, 07:47 PM
bump. Ingrid, I hope your husband is well. Everyone else, I reeeeeeely want to know who's coming!

Ingrid
04-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah! Come on people! What do you think this is, a holiday or something??

aylaanne
04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah! Come on people! What do you think this is, a holiday or something??http://www.notebookforums.com/images/smilies/yeahthat.gif

molly
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
HI - I'm still planning on making it on the 23rd! Can someone review the details? When? Where? etc.

aylaanne
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
We're going to be meeting on Sunday, April 23rd, at Fitzwilly's Restaurant (http://www.fitzwillys.com/index.php) in Northampton, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=23+Main+St,+Northampton,+MA+01060&ll=42.320764,-72.629027&spn=0.014089,0.041757). I believe we wanted to meet at 1pm? We'll sit, knit, and eat for a while before deciding what else to do. I live nearby and am willing to provide overnight accomodations for anyone who wants them. Let me know.

Thats as much as I know right now. I'll be there, I think Jeremy will be there, Ingrid's going to try to make it. So far, that's what I know.

raederle
04-17-2006, 02:56 PM
i am in exile here in el paso (sorry texans, i know you love you your big state, but i love me my family & friends, my hometown, and mass transit systems)
or else i would seriously trek to meet up with you guys.

fyi, the day BEFORE your meet, guess who'll be in town?

April 22 - Northampton, MA - 2:00pm, at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, 800-367-9327
Bring a box of low-sugar cereal for the food bank.

why none other than stephanie pearl-mcphee, the yarn harlot, promoting her new book, knitting rules.

her website is:

http://yarnharlot.ca/blog/

i WILL finish the garter stitch chunky stripe scarf i started for her knitting olympics. just not today.

wish i could be there. all you locals, enjoy. no sane publisher sends authors to el paso for book tours.

emily, being attacked by the green-eyed monster

aylaanne
04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
i am in exile here in el paso (sorry texans, i know you love you your big state, but i love me my family & friends, my hometown, and mass transit systems)
or else i would seriously trek to meet up with you guys.

fyi, the day BEFORE your meet, guess who'll be in town?

April 22 - Northampton, MA - 2:00pm, at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, 800-367-9327
Bring a box of low-sugar cereal for the food bank.

why none other than stephanie pearl-mcphee, the yarn harlot, promoting her new book, knitting rules.

her website is:

http://yarnharlot.ca/blog/

i WILL finish the garter stitch chunky stripe scarf i started for her knitting olympics. just not today.

wish i could be there. all you locals, enjoy. no sane publisher sends authors to el paso for book tours.

emily, being attacked by the green-eyed monster
Damn, I can't even go to that, I have a wedding I have to be in the day before. Crap. Well, I hope other people have fun.

Jeremy
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for posting the time again. Here is the original thread with people who mentioned they might go etc. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5226 I'll be there.

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Bumpity bump!!

WynnieG
04-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll be there, if I don't get 'orribly, 'orribly lost... z'okay if I bring my non-knitting husband? I've trained him to untangle yarn...

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Bring whoever you want!

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll be there, if I don't get 'orribly, 'orribly lost... z'okay if I bring my non-knitting husband? I've trained him to untangle yarn...
I agree with Ingrid, bring whomever you want! I've sent you a PM with my phone number if you get lost, you can always call me.

Anyone else who's worried about getting lost, let me know and I'll give you my number and talk you through the directions if you want. I live here, I drive around Northampton (or NoHo, as we like to call it) all the time, so I know landmarks and stuff.

Oh, I'm so excited!!!!! Bridezilla's wedding on Saturday will be so worth it just to get to this meeting on Sunday.

Ingrid, how's your hubby? You can still come?

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Since it looks like he won't be home yet, I should be able to make it! :happydance:

aylaanne
04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, I'm glad you'll be there, but I hope your husband's okay.

Ingrid
04-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm glad you'll be there, but I hope your husband's okay.

He's doing remarkably well, but needs to stay for physical therapy. The insurance company wanted to send him home to be transported everyday, but he fought that one and won.

Jeremy
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm psyched. The original time was noon but one is ok so long as everyone is on the same page. So... we're on for 1 pm at Fitzwillys in Northhampton :thumbsup:

Ingrid
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Unless there is a lightening bolt aimed at me, I plan to be there!

Anya
04-20-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm still a tentative- I have the day available, but I need to talk DH into it- I can't do it right now since he's just finished having "babysitting duty" for the night. I don't think he'll care- especially since it's during nap time, but I still need to check before you write me down as a definite :D

aylaanne
04-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm still a tentative- I have the day available, but I need to talk DH into it- I can't do it right now since he's just finished having "babysitting duty" for the night. I don't think he'll care- especially since it's during nap time, but I still need to check before you write me down as a definite :D
Well I hope you can be there! I look forward to meeting you!

Anya
04-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Well I hope you can be there! I look forward to meeting you!

I hope I can be there, too! I just have to narrow down which project to bring with me ;) Though my latest project is teadching a friend how to knit, and I think I'll bring her along ;) we're making coasters! lol.

aylaanne
04-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope I can be there, too! I just have to narrow down which project to bring with me ;) Though my latest project is teadching a friend how to knit, and I think I'll bring her along ;) we're making coasters! lol.
Oh, bring them all. We can decide for you on sunday!

Anya
04-21-2006, 12:03 AM
He said YES!!! :happydance:

aylaanne
04-21-2006, 12:29 AM
He said YES!!! :happydance:
Yay!!!!! http://www.notebookforums.com/images/smilies/jumpforjoy.gif

Jeremy
04-21-2006, 10:26 AM
See everybody at Fitzwilly's at 1 pm. They have a website so if you need the address for directions its herehttp://www.fitzwillys.com/

molly
04-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm now NOT going to make it! We just learned we're having house guests arrive on Sunday morning, so I'm going to have to bail out on you all. Ah, well... I'll try again the next time! Have a great time...

Anya
04-21-2006, 12:58 PM
ok... 1 PM... I'll have to tell DH he's in charge of naptime now that he's said yes :lol: I might be a little late, depending on teh girls, but hopefully I can get out without too much of a battle. Looking forward to it!!

Jeremy
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing you.

Anya
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna bring my camera and take tons of pictures, and hopefully post them here, so wear something you won't mind being photographed in!

Thanks for reminding me- I gotta get a paper bag for over my head, lol.
I'm looking for the last time you met thread so I can see what you all look like so I won't be wandering Fitzwilly's staring people down, lol.

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 05:12 PM
:( I won't be coming this time. I laid down for a nap because I was freezing cold and woke up burning hot. I have a fever. I can't seem to escape this place these days. :rollseyes: I'm disappointed and sorry. Please knit a few stitches for me. ;)

grumble, grumble, grumble

Anya
04-22-2006, 05:19 PM
:( :( I was really looking forward to meeting you, too :(

Anya
04-22-2006, 05:19 PM
And I meant to add that I hope you feel better, too.

aylaanne
04-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh! Now I'm sad. :crying: Perhaps if you feel better tomorrow you might come? But I really just hope you feel better, whether you make it to NoHo or not.

I'm going to be arriving at Fitzwilly's a bit early to nab a table and alert the waitstaff to our imminent arrival, so I wanted to get an idea of about how many people are coming. So far I know(corrections in red):

Me
Jeremy and Estelle
Anya
Winnie
Winnie's Husband

And I'm guessing:
Amy
punkhippiemom
maybe Ingrid if she suddenly gets wicked better.

For a total of 6-9

Anyone else? Anyone I'm missing? If I haven't given you my phone number yet, make sure you send me a PM or an email (or you can post and I'll pm it to you). You can call me and I'll give you directions there if you get lost.

I survived bridezilla's wedding today so I deserve this! :roflhard: I can't wait!

Jeremy
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
My wife Estelle is coming too. :D I thought Amy would be coming too.

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Doesn't trust you with all the women, Jeremy? ;)

Man, I even got a haircut. Maybe I'll be 100% tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be up to driving 4 hours.

Lots of pictures, please! :D

aylaanne
04-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I updated the above post.

And don't worry Ingie, lots of pictures will be taken. I was looking forward to making you a new avatar, though. :rofling:

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM

And don't worry Ingie, lots of pictures will be taken. I was looking forward to making you a new avatar, though. :rofling:

:shock: :rofling: That's why I got the haircut! I didn't want to be the shaggy dog I was for all the pictures.

aylaanne
04-22-2006, 10:23 PM

:shock: :rofling: That's why I got the haircut! I didn't want to be the shaggy dog I was for all the pictures.
:roflhard: did you save the hair to spin into yarn? You could have an ingie sweater! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
:thinking: A teeny-tiny Ingy sweater. :thinking:

WynnieG
04-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, and be proud - I colored my hair for this!

See you in Noho, everyone (and yes my hubby is coming too)

amy
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey y'all, I'm so sorry I couldn't come today! I wanted and intended to go, but the fates conspired and I had to miss it. I'm sad to have missed it! :(

How'd it go, do you have any pics to share??

Jeremy
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
We had a great time. :D

WynnieG
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
It was a fantastic time. Jeremy let me try his Denises!

Ayla, Bry and I hung out after the main Fitzwilly's party broke up, and ended up closing Bruegger's.

Yesterday I learned:

*What a provisional cast-on is supposed to look like
*Hours of operation of nearly every knitting store within 30 min. of Fitzwilly's
*That Denises really are like crack to a knitter
*That Ayla's purse is equipped with everything an international spy might need for a one-night-stand :shock: :oops:
*People are really entertained by the way I shop
*Irridescent hot pink is so very not my color

Ayla and I tried on hats at a pagan store somewhere on Main St.; the hat I tried on was quaint, in a Dr. Zhivago-meets-Diagon-Alley sort of way, although there were elements of Dr. Seuss in its design as well. Ayla was resplendent in a black vinyl Bondage Witch hat. (I think you should get it for the release of Harry Potter Book 7, Ayla).

Piccy of hats modeled will be available as soon as my DH emails me the photo he took with his Treo.

edit: photo now included. The pink hat really does make me look like a drag queen from the Mongolian Horde, doesn't it?

amy
04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
OMG, great pics!!!! Love the list of things you learned, Wynnie, too funny, thanks for sharing!

:D

Anya
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I had a lot of fun and it was nice to meet some of you finally! I wish I could have stayed longer, but perhaps next time. Right now, DH's work schedule is killer and he only got 1 hour of sleep yesterday :( Summer should be better. Thanks for organizing this, Ayla and Jeremy!

Ingrid
04-24-2006, 04:33 PM
They actually SELL those hats? :rofling: I wish I could have made it--hopefully next time.

Webs has a big tent sale in May! Hint, hint!

aylaanne
04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Hah, if you want to come out in May, I'm more than willing to do a mini-get together. We were talking about doing another big get-together in August, perhaps when Feministmama is out here so she can come too.

I have pictures that will be uploaded soon, I promise. And I swear, I don't have THAT much in my purse! It's just a little thing!

aylaanne
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I have them up! I hosted them on imageshack because i was too lazy to resize them. http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/3686/pict02181ch.th.jpg (http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict02181ch.jpg) http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/6042/pict02179pw.th.jpg (http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict02179pw.jpg) http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4453/pict02198mc.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict02198mc.jpg)

I had a GREAT time, it was so much fun meeting all these knitters! Shopping and getting rained on with Wynnie and her husband afterwards was great, too. I can't wait for the next one!

KellyK
04-26-2006, 08:27 AM
FUN pics!!! :cheering:

kemp
04-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time! Those hats cracked me up :)

punkhippiemom
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
So, how did it go?? Everyone have a blast?? As I explained in my blog, I wasn't able to make it becuse I had to wash my hair (no, really!!!) and get it cut... There was a benefit for SIL's mom, in the spirit of family unity, I had to attend, it was just my bad luck it happened to be the 23rd...
But I have a wonderful idea!!! I recieved this email from my aunt....and this is happening over my birthday! It's like fate...

Bestselling Author to Appear at This Summer's Knit & Crochet Show!
For those of you who were not able to attend the Knit & Crochet Show last month in Sacramento, Calif., here is some great information about the upcoming Knit & Crochet Show to be held in July in King of Prussia, Penn. I strongly encourage you to attend this awesome event. It's always worth the trip, wherever it's held!
Here is a detailed summary of July's exciting events, brought to you by Offinger Management Co. (those wonderful and extremely capable folks who take care of the Knit & Crochet Shows):

Debbie Macomber, NY Times Bestselling Women's Fiction Author,
Will Make an Appearance at the Knit & Crochet Show in King of Prussia, Penn., July 13-16, 2006.
Fiber-hungry knitters and crocheters from across the country will soon throng to July's Knit & Crochet Show in Pennsylvania. Scores of specialty yarn and supply vendors will ensure a highly gratifying shopping experience, complemented by popular growth-oriented classes and attention-grabbing special events. It all takes place at the easily accessible Valley Forge Convention Center (1160 First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA).

The Show's kickoff spotlight will be on New York Times bestselling author, Debbie Macomber, who has recently released two knit and crochet-related titles: A Good Yarn and The Shop on Blossom Street. The engaging writer will speak at the Show's Thursday evening Market Street Preview and will be available to sign autographs.

Knit & Crochet Show Manager, Penny Sitler, says, "Debbie's popularity stems from the warmly human and honest portrayals of women's dramas that fill her pages. Crocheters and knitters relish the fact that such great reading celebrates their art! In the two books, A Good Yarn and The Shop on Blossom Street, Debbie spins her tales and moves the plots along by engaging her characters in knitting and crochet projects."

The invitation to register for part or all of The Knit & Crochet Show is open to all who crochet or knit -- or who want to learn how. The education program and other Show activities are part of the national Chain Link conference for the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) and the annual summer conference for The Knitting Guild Association (TKGA).

Here is a quick run-down of activities:

Thursday evening at the Market Street Preview: From 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., crocheters and knitters can enjoy Debbie Macomber's welcome and get a jump on shopping. Preview tickets are $15, including light
hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar, an early shopping opportunity and the presentation by Debbie Macomber. Members of CGOA and TKGA pay only $10. Retail vendors will be selling aisle after aisle of specialty
yarns, kits, hooks, needles, buttons, embellishments, books and more over the course of the Show. Friday and Saturday shopping hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Market admission will be $8 for one day and $5 for each additional
day. CGOA and TKGA members are admitted free. Visit the Knit & Crochet Show Web site for a $1 off registration coupon or e-mail KnitandCrochetShow@Offinger.com for more information. Those joining CGOA or TKGA will enjoy class discounts, free Market admission and a year's subscription to CGOA's Crochet! magazine or TKGA's Cast On magazine.

The Knit & Crochet Café will be open each day as an oasis to rest shop-weary feet and to purchase some rejuvenating refreshment. It's also training grounds for the FREE Coats & Clark™ sponsored Teach Me 2 Crochet™ and Teach Me 2 Knit™ classes.

There will also be ongoing time trials in the Market lobby to pre-qualify knitters and crocheters for the titles of World's Fastest Knitter and Crocheter. Time slots for participating in speed trials for knitting and crochet will be posted. All pre-qualifying opportunities for "CYCA World's Fastest Crocheter or Knitter" are open to anyone who attends the Show. The fastest qualifiers from across the country will be able to compete in the final contest in New York City for a title bestowed by the Craft Yarn Council of America and the British Hand Knitting Confederation.

Twenty-one of the country's leading crochet and knit instructors will teach everything from seaming techniques to color work, from design basics to project beginnings in a total of 104 classes. Because class sizes are limited, pre-registration is encouraged.

After a full day of shopping and learning sessions, the Friday evening After-Hours Lounge, sponsored by yarn manufacturer, Tahki-Stacy Charles, will be a welcome retreat. Knitters and crocheters can share and compare, stitch and relax and enjoy light snacks from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Saturday night will be a BIG night. With the purchase of one ticket, a showgoer can enter Chic Street, and start off the evening with refreshment from the cash bar and a chance to bid on a host of BRA-Vo! auction items. BRA-Vo! is aptly named, because entries will be audaciously decorated brassieres, coupled with enticing donations from suppliers of knit and crochet wares. Crocheted and beaded, bedazzled and tasseled, knit and fit ... industry designers will break the bra barrier with their donated creations so bidders can take the plunge! Proceeds will benefit breast cancer support through The National NeedleArts Association's "Stitch to WIN" campaign ( TNNA.info@offinger.com) and the non-profit organization Living Beyond Breast Cancer.

Auction emcee, Lily Chin, celebrated crochet and knit designer and the current holder of the CYCA "World's Fastest Crocheter" title, will keep the bidding at a lively pitch throughout the evening's banquet dinner. A Chic Street gala fashion stroll of crochet and knit garments designed and made by members, exhibitors and designers will be the must-see highlight event of the evening. The fashion stroll will be sponsored by Crochet! and Cast On magazines. All Show attendees will be encouraged to "Think Pink" for the day, wearing pink ribbons, pink sweaters or pink hair if they dare to show their support for survivors who choose every day to live beyond breast cancer.

Says Sitler, "The Knit & Crochet Show is an experience that promises to inspire and speak to the complete crocheter and knitter. In one weekend, in one location, we bring you beautiful wares and attention-grabbing designs to stimulate your senses, learning opportunities that connect you with those who are skilled at expanding your technical prowess, and sponsors who make knit and crochet connections meaningful all year round. In short, we make it worth your while to come! We hope to see everyone there."

The Knit & Crochet Show is presented by Offinger Management Company and is co-sponsored by CGOA and TKGA. Offinger Management Company has been proudly serving the craft, gift and creative industries since 1930 and its expos are a testament to its company quality statement, "Bringing people and products together through successful communications, organizations and events worldwide." Offinger headquarters are located at 1100-H Brandywine Blvd, Zanesville, OH USA 43701-7303. For more information about attending or exhibiting in the Knit & Crochet Show, e-mail KnitandCrochetShow@Offinger.com, visit the Knit & Crochet Show Web site or call (740) 452-4541.

amy
08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
BUMP!!

Folks are talking about a meet-up at Webs again! Continuing this conversation here....

I'm going to throw out some dates, and see what everyone can do.

Monday Aug 28 thru Saturday Sept 2

Thurs Sept 7, Friday Sept 8, Sat Sept 23

What works for everyone?

oooh, this is so exciting! I get to drool over yarn with my fellow yarn droolers!

As of the moment, I can do any day, except the morning of Monday 8/28. The later dates sound more appealing to me, but choose whatever date works for the most people, and let me know. 90% chance, I'll be there! ;) Thanks for the PM JamieJean, looking forward to hearing what date works out!

aylaanne
08-18-2006, 02:34 PM
The time of day on these is going to matter the most to me, since I'm a night worker and a day sleeper, but honestly, I will MAKE IT WORK to be there to meet people! Mornings are generally better for me than afternoons, weekdays better than weekends (I work more weekends than weekdays) but since Webs is only 35 minutes from me, and it's much more for some people, I can conceivably make it any time. Really.

As for grab bags, I have no idea since I've been there a total of twice! :lol:

Jeremy
08-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like the only day of the bunch that would be doable for me would be 9/1.

ChrissyB
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I live in southen NH, have been eying webs website and thinking about going. Depending on the day if I can find a sitter I would love to come. The only day I know I can not make it is 9/1, and closer to the end of the month is better. Hope I get to meet some other knittiers, I can't seem to find any in my area :crying:
Chrissy

jamiejeans
08-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I live in southen NH, have been eying webs website and thinking about going. Depending on the day if I can find a sitter I would love to come. The only day I know I can not make it is 9/1, and closer to the end of the month is better. Hope I get to meet some other knittiers, I can't seem to find any in my area :crying:
Chrissy

Hmmm, well lets wait and see if there is any others interested to get a better look at what dates is best for all interested.

Chrissy, I am positive that there are knitters in your area. I live in Southern NH as well. :waving:

kristinw
08-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Busy time at work for me, so I would only be able to do the late Sept date. But I would LOVE to go and meet others!! :cheering:

aylaanne
09-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I seem to have lost the thread. Did we ever decide on a date?

aylaanne
09-05-2006, 11:23 PM
bump. Anyone up for a get together? :pout:

aineepooh1
09-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Where are we supposed to meet? and what is the plan to knit while we are there? I'm in the south

aylaanne
09-06-2006, 12:09 AM
It was suggested that we get together at the Webs store in Northampton, MA, for some knitting and carousing, and maybe retire from there to a local restaurant for some more knitting and carousing. I figured it'd probably be mostly North-East America knitters, but everyone's welcome, if you're willing to make the trip!

Ingrid
09-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I'll come out if I can. I don't want to pick the date, because things are usually in such a state of potential flux around here. If a date is chosen, I'll come if I can.

gimmesanity
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Same here - let us know the date and I'll see if I can convince dh. We have friends in RI that we've been meaning to visit. How far is Woonsocket from WEBS? Anyone know?

aylaanne
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
According to google, it's 84.8 mi (about 1 hour 34 mins).

aylaanne
09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
urgh! I hate when the thread is merged into this one, because then when people go back and try to read from the beginning, they may not realize that the beginning is AGES ago! And it makes it hard to keep track of who's interested this time.

I get it's a mod thing, sorry. :oops:

amy
09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
:oops: Sorry Aylaanne! It was me!

I merged it, because there are probably people subscribed to this thread, and it's a way of keeping them informed that a discussion is happening again.

I left a shadow of the original.... :shifty:

I get your point though. I'm afraid I don't know how to un-merge it.... sorry! :doh:

aylaanne
09-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Naw, that's okay, I just woke up (I work nights) so I'm a little cranky, don't mind me. :hug: :muah:

amy
09-06-2006, 01:43 PM
:muah:

For the record....I'm still interested! Be sure to let me know when it happens! And if the decision gets made elsewhere, be sure to post it here as well, so I don't miss it! (I can't always keep up with new posts, but I'm subscribed to this thread!)

Come to think of it, if anyone is up for the task, folks who have previously posted in this thread, may appreciate a PM or email about it that it's happening again. The way the subsciption to a thread works is that if they didn't click on the link the last time they got a notification this thread, then they won't get further notifications at all until they visit the thread. So there may be people who've stopped gettting notifications, and don't realize it.

I'm sure there's plenty of interest in getting together again. Feel free to send out some PM's Aylaanne! Thanks for being a motivator for us!